New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

Current Positions
    Spoiler
    Show

The furious totemist lashes his claws at Sf4, and combined with Agliaz arrows and the efforts of the rest of the party he is left in a heap of bloody scales.

Seeing his companion had fallen, and feeling quite penned in Sf3 takes a five foot step back away from Fengr and Janick, but cannot escape being in range of Thrand and Ford.

Sahaguin

Sf3 Stabs his trident at Thrand, and seems to be wanting to back further away, but is unable to do so safely due to so many people covering him.

Attack!
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+10)[18]
    (1d8+4)[9]

Thrand
    Spoiler
    Show
    The trident finds its way through your defenses, one of the tines puncturing your side, making a heavy flesh wound. Take 9 damage.

The Sahaguin Leader reappears, climbing up the stern of the ship and slipping over the railing behind Agliaz, stabbing out at the elf with one of his swords.

Attack!
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+10)[15]
    (1d6+5)[11]

Agilaz
    Spoiler
    Show
    The leader tried his best to attack with some sort of surprise, but the Fishermen were able to warn you and his scimitar finds only the wood of the desk beside you.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Thrand

Thrand grunts in pain as the Trident pierces his side. Yelling in anger he steps forward and unleashes a volley of attacks at the fish man.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rage 4/8 AC 17, PA -6, HP 58/76

5 foot step to sf3 and full attack. (or if already in range just full attack)

(1d20+15)[23] to hit
    (3d6+24)[36] damage

(1d20+15)[34] to hit
    (3d6+24)[38] damage

(1d20+10)[29] to hit
    (3d6+24)[31] damage

3. - Top - End - #393
    Dwarf in the Playground

Agilaz dances backwards, retreating from the leader quickly with his highly-trained battle senses. Once out of reach of his enemy, his calls out to him "The watcher blind you, vermin!" while launching a volley of shots at the sahaguin.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rapid Shot on the leader
    Attacks: (1d20+11)[20], (1d20+11)[19], (1d20+6)[15]
    Damage: (1d10+6)[16], (1d10+6)[7], (1d10+6)[11]
    Crit confirmation: (1d20+11)[24], (1d20+11)[19], (1d20+6)[7]
    Thanks to Vrythas for the awesome Myrddraal avatar.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ford

Ford keeps his eyes on his enemy as he steps into a more advantageous position. He swings with great fury, aiming to cut down this fishman like its allies.

Falchion
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rage: round 4/11
    HP: 81/81
    power attack for 5
    Attack 1: (1d20+12)[27] Damage: (2d4+20)[22]
    Possible Crit:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Confirm: (1d20+12)[19] Add: (2d4+20)[27]
    Possible Cleave:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+12)[32] Damage: (2d4+20)[25]
    Possible Crit:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Confirm: (1d20+12)[25] Add: (2d4+20)[24]

Attack 2: (1d20+7)[20] Damage: (2d4+20)[28]
    Possible Crit:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Confirm: (1d20+7)[21] Add: (2d4+20)[26]
    Possible Cleave:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+7)[17] Damage: (2d4+20)[23]
    Possible Crit:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Confirm: (1d20+7)[11] Add: (2d4+20)[25]

5. - Top - End - #395
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Janick, seeing the Sahaguin Leader emerging and attacking his ally, moves back towards it and throws his spear with a mighty grunt at the creature.

Spoiler
    Show
    Janick moves down and throws his spear up at the Sahaguin Leader.

Attack: (1d20+10)[22]
    Damage: (1d8+6)[8]

If crit is threatened:
    (1d20+10)[26]
    (2d8+12)[19]

6. - Top - End - #396

Fengr

Noticing that one of the enemies has returned and that the fight he's currently involved in seems to be quite one-sided Fengr rushes towards the stairs, trying to get to his companions aid.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move action: up the right stair, setting up for a charge against SL if possible. Use double move if necessary.
    Every time I post a statement feel free to add 'In my opinion...' whenever applicable.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Barbarian in the Playground

Korack moves up behind Thrand, noticing the blood gushing from his ally's side. His hands quickly glow, as a white aura surrounds them, cascading out more and more. His hands finally coming to rest against Thrand as the white light flows into him.

Spoiler
    Show

Korack will move up behind Thrand and use his Belt of Healing (all 3 of the daily charges) to heal him.

3 Charges: (4d8)[18]

8. - Top - End - #398
    Ogre in the Playground

Current Positions
    Spoiler
    Show

Thrand and Ford team up once again on another sahaguin, and this ones wounds cause it to fall quickly to the deck, hacked apart by their blades. As Janick and fengr move to defend Agilaz, Janicks spear finds home in the Leaders shoulder, making him grunt with pain, and giving Agilaz the time to step away and unleash his barrage of arrows, one of them striking the creature squarely.

Sahaguin

The leader steps up to Agilaz with what can only be described as a furious bubbling and frothing. He strikes out in a blue, two scimitars filling up his hands.

Attack!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attacking Agilaz, four attacks with Two Weapon Fighting.
    (1d20+10)[24]
    (1d6+5)[11]
    (1d20+5)[13]
    (1d6+5)[9]

(1d20+10)[27]
    (1d6+5)[10]
    (1d20+5)[17]
    (1d6+5)[6]

Three of the sahaguins quick strikes find home on the Archer, and flcks of his blood spill to the deck.

Agilaz
    Spoiler
    Show
    Take 27 damage, provided your AC is still 17.

9. - Top - End - #399

Fengr

As the young totemist moves into position he sees how the fishman leader viciously slices through Agilaz defenses, wounding the archer in several places. With a roar meant to distract their last enemy Fengr hurls himself at the back of the creature and strikes.

Spoiler
    Show
    Charge to a flanking position if possible, otherwise move and attack (also flanking if there's room).

Attack:(1d20+13)[24], Damage:(1d4+6)[10]
    Attack:(1d20+11)[25], Damage:(1d4+5)[6]
    Attack:(1d20+11)[26], Damage:(1d4+5)[7]
    Attack:(1d20+11)[18], Damage:(1d4+5)[9]

If flanking add +2 to all attack rolls, if there's no charge use only the first attack and subtract 2 from the attack roll.
    Last edited by drakir_nosslin; 2011-06-15 at 04:27 PM.
    Every time I post a statement feel free to add 'In my opinion...' whenever applicable.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Thrand

As the last fish man falls to the deck in chunks Thrand feels a warmth around his wound and notices the gash heal completely. Nodding to Korack for his assistance he charges off towards the Sahaguin leader and watches as he viciously attacks his comrade.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rage 5/8 AC 17, PA -6, HP 76/76

Double move to position right of Agilaz.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Janick moves down towards Agilaz, holding his holy symbol and reaching out to bestow his divine healing energy to Agilaz.

Spoiler
    Show
    Janick will move down to Agilaz, if he can reach him in one turn he will sacrifice his 3rd level spell Fly to cast cure serious wounds on Agilaz, if he has to double move he will try to heal next round.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Dwarf in the Playground

Agilaz grunts with pain as the 3 blows find their way home, inflicting a large amount of damage to his smaller frame. Timing his steps to move when his enemies distracted, he withdraws out of the fight, leaving the melee battle to his allies.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using the withdraw action to move to just north of the mast. Also, unless I missed something, the damage for the attacks that hit is only 26, not 27. How much damage does the cure serious heal me for?
    Thanks to Vrythas for the awesome Myrddraal avatar.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry I should have rolled that earlier. If you do a withdraw action I should be able to get to you easily to heal you.

Cure serious HP healed: (3d8+13)[25]

14. - Top - End - #404

Ford

Ford scans the main deck of the ship, and then the surface of the water. The only sahuagin he sees is the leader, so he begins running toward the bridge.

15. - Top - End - #405

Korack once more begins his rhythmic chanting, his arms and hands weaving in front of his face, his stare going blank as he goes into a trance.

Spoiler
    Show

Korack will once agani cast Mass Snake's Swiftness, centered on whoever is closest to the Leader, should hit everyone who needs to or can attack.

OOC: Also sorry for my late posting, been busy and thought the leader had bite the dust. So again I apologize.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Ogre in the Playground

Everyone
    Spoiler
    Show
    Going to figure from movements that Agilaz and Janick will be out of range doing triage, Thrand, Ford and Fengr all moved into position agianst the leader so they all get their snakes swiftness attack against him.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Thrand

As Thrand finishes his sprint towards the leader he feels that familar surge of energy rush through his body and manages to unleash a single attack with his Greataxe.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rage 5/8 AC 17, PA -6, HP 76/76

(1d20+15)[30] to hit (+2 more if flanking)
    (3d6+24)[39] damage
    (1d20+28)[37] knockback opposed str check
    (4d6+16)[31] dungeoncrasher damage into rail

18. - Top - End - #408

Fengr

As Koracks magic is unleashed Fengr feels his body speed up and he takes a swipe at the ugly fish-face in front of him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+11)[31], damage: (1d4+6)[9]

19. - Top - End - #409
    Ogre in the Playground

As Koracks magic surges into Thrand and Fengr, their weapons come to bear. Thrands greataxe smashes the Sahaguin back towards the railing of the ship, where a sickening crunch is heard from it's snapping fish bones. As momentum brings it back towards them Fengr finishes the thing off with a swipe of his claws to its ugly face.

The fishermen have managed to secure all of their various fishing gear and the nets full of their days catch are still intact. They congratulate the party, and get to work tossing bodies overboard as well as cleaning the deck.

The Captain gathers the party around for a moment, after ordering the men to drop the anchor.

"You're good lads, strong and tough! Never seen the fish heads dealt with in such short order. Their blood may draw sharks but they'll keep the sahaguin away from us for quite a while. I know you must need rest after such a battle, and some time to patch yourselves up. We'll make a bit of food for the yourselves and the crew, and stay at anchor till you're ready to make the rest of the trip to island.

20. - Top - End - #410

Ford

"Looks like ole' Ford got out of this one untouched, but some fish dinner sounds great! They used to feed us real good in the pits. They gave us all the critters that looked the ugliest but tasted the best!"

21. - Top - End - #411

As soon as the battle is over Korack slumps down to the rocking floor of the ship as he tries to contain himself. "By the gods, I'm just glad that's over. I wasn't sure how much longer I could keep my balance. These legs weren't made for the sea. As for food, I'll see what I can eat, but I doubt it'll be much, but a rest would certainly be nice." Korack nods towards the man that offered.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Ogre in the Playground

The feast of fish and bread was brought from below, salted and dried fish meat and hard tack of bread, horns of ale passed about the crew. There was a small amount of jibing at those who hadn't found their sea legs, but it was all in good jest.

As the boat traveled onward, the island of King Ragthorn could be seen through the parting haze. It was not until morning that the shores were reached, a small boat filled with the party and two fishermen easily making their way through the subtle waves.

Once upon the beach the two fishermen quickly worked to get their boat back adrift. They gave instructions to make a great fire upon that spot of beach when it was time to return, they would be there quickly to retrieve the party upon seeing such.

The castle ruins were inland, about a half mile from the small secluded beach. As the party worked their way there they saw sign of sahaguin about, but saw none. As they came to the crest of a hill they could see down into the decimated courtyard of the castle, the walls now in ruins.

Inside the courtyard there is a great beast, thrashing about on all fours. red scales mark its body, and a great fanged maw. The scales behind its head flare up from time to time as it fights chains attached to its limbs. Four sahaguin fight against those chains, seeking to keep the beast restrained as it lets out a mighty roar.

A Sahaguin standing behind the thing holds a tattered scroll in its hands, and speaks in a bubbly tongue, hard to hear from such a distance. The beast seems to not be phased by whatever magic the fishman has tried to work upon it.

Courtyard
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #413
    Ogre in the Playground

Sahaguin

The fishman tosses the now blank scroll aside, and it flutters away in the wind, the fighters straining against the things chains. They continue to keep the beast under control, but its nostrils begin to flare and its eyes get wider and wider as it fights.

The Fishman that tossed the scroll aside looked down at the other pieces of tattered parchment in his webbed hand, then read the top one aloud, thrusting his hand at the beast and bellowing a command.

The beast continues it's struggle, seeming to still be un phased by the sahaguin magic.

24. - Top - End - #414

Ford

Ford glances at Agilaz and grins wide as he produces his bow. He whispers "On your signal my friend." He then nocks an arrow and aims intently at the sahuagin spellcaster.

Composite Longbow (surprise round)
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP: 81/81
    Attack: (1d20+10)[22] Damage: (1d8+5)[6]
    Attack: (1d20+5)[6] Damage: (1d8+5)[6]

25. - Top - End - #415
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Janick points his spear at one of the Sahaguin and finishes the prayer he was whispering. Upon the last word of the prayer a feint white duplicate of the spear flies at the Sahaguin holding the beast.

Spoiler
    Show
    Janick casts spiritual weapon directing it to attack Sf4.

Attack: (1d20+11)[28]
    Damage: (1d8+2)[7]
    If threatened a crit: (1d20+11)[13]
    If confirms: (2d8+4)[18]

26. - Top - End - #416
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Thrand

Hearing Janick's prayer completed, Thrand takes that as the signal and charges into the courtyard with his Greataxe raised high above his head. As he reaches the first opponent he lets out a battle cry and unleashed a flurry of rage upon the unsuspecting Sahaguin.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rage 1/8 AC 17, PA -6, HP 76/76

Quick note:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Can't tell if the sandy spots are terrain that I can't charge over so will take the safe route and charge at SF2. My intent is to use Domino Rush to knock him back into SF1 behind him and get the trip attempt on both. Will roll for trip attempts assuming I succeed in both hitting and knocking him back that far which depends on how much I beat the strength check on the bull rush.

Free action: Rage
    Full round action: Charge and pounce SF2 with 3 attacks and attempt domino rush to knock SF2 into SF1, tripping them both.

(1d20+15)[23] to hit
    (3d6+24)[36] damage

(1d20+15)[32] to hit
    (3d6+24)[34] damage

(1d20+10)[20] to hit
    (3d6+24)[37] damage

Knockback attempt on final attack:

(1d20+28)[37] knockback str/distance check

Domino Rush trip attempt: (Trip check: 8 str + 4 vs medium creature)

(1d20+12)[22] trip check vs SF2
    (1d20+12)[23] trip check vs SF1
    Last edited by Vuann; 2011-06-27 at 05:24 PM.

27. - Top - End - #417

Fengr

While his friends unleash their magic and steel on the sahaguin group Fengr sneaks around the edge of the battle until he sees and opening and joins the fray. With a burst of speed he launches himself at the only enemy left untouched so far, striking first with his two real arms then, while the opponent is busy parrying, he strikes with his two incarnum arms.

Surprise round
    Spoiler
    Show
    move into position to charge sf3

First combat rount
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP: 82/82, AC: 15.

Charge sf3.
    Attack: (1d20+13)[19] Damage:(1d4+6)[7]
    Attack: (1d20+11)[25] Damage:(1d4+6)[10]
    Attack: (1d20+11)[21] Damage:(1d4+6)[10]
    Attack: (1d20+11)[28] Damage:(1d4+6)[10]

28. - Top - End - #418

As the others start their attack Korack so does his. Once more his hands fly in front of his face, weaving and sweeping in wide sharp like motions, almost flaying up and down seemingly uncontrollably. This time he does not hum, he does not chant, his eyes staring straight ahead at the sahaguin caster. Suddenly his mouth flies open as giant ghostly jaws fly out heading straight for the caster.

Spoiler
    Show

Korack is going to cast SpiritJaws on the sahaguin caster. Lasts 7 rounds.

Attack: (1d20+8)[16]
    Damage: (2d6)[7]

If attack hits initiates grapple as a free action
    Grapple (hold): (1d20+12)[13]

I'm not sure if I need to roll for the grab portion of the grapple or not, since it seems like the attack portion before that is substituting for it. If I do, feel free to roll it for me Cleavon, it should be at a +12 modifier as well. Also that's assuming the attack lands.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Ogre in the Playground

Current Positions
    Spoiler
    Show

Koracks spell sends those spiritual Jaws at the Sahaguin caster, who seems to have fended the thing off for now. It bit into his side, but he was still able to get off another casting from his small bunch of scrolls.

The Beast roars in defiance, and seems still to not be effected by the sahaguin magic. With Fengrs charge into the battle, his enemy releases the chain it held to defend itself, giving the creature more room to move. Fengrs attacks tear into the sahaguin who seems very fearful for his life no trapped between two enemies.

Thrands charge into battle sends the dead body of one Sahaguin flying into another, but Sf1 manages to keep his feet. Two more chains are dropped though, and the lizard like beast bellows with rage, its scales flushing a much deeper red color as it stamps its feet and readies for an attack against the annoyances that surround it.

The Sahaguin Leader near the entrance to the castle ruins calls out in a croaking voice.

"Minion! Come to me! Defend your master!"

What previously looked like a large pile of bones rises, a skeleton some ten feet in height, holding a thick femur of some other creature, dead on this ancient battlefield. It lumbers forward and looks between its master and the creatures arrayed before it.

30. - Top - End - #420
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

With a battle cry Janick charges after his spiritual weapon and follows up with the real thing.

Spoiler
    Show

Janick charges Sf4 and attacks him with a full power attack.

Attack:(1d20+6)[16]
    Damage:(1d8+16)[19]

If threatens crit:(1d20+6)[18]
    If confirms:(2d8+32)[42]