New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

Ford

"We best get to it then. Back to Grensfel to show thems invaders what a grave mistake ther makin'!"

2. - Top - End - #572
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Wulfgar Njordson

A furrow of worry draws across Wulfgar's brow at the mention of Grensfel.

"Let us make haste then! I've to see my home safe and these attackers crushed by my bare hands!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Once the ship sets sail, if one of the +3 mithril breastplates hasn't been claimed Wulfgar will begin donning one. He'll also grab the bow and hand Ford's bow back.
    Last edited by Gorthok; 2011-10-12 at 10:41 AM.

3. - Top - End - #573

Fengr

Adjusting his new armor, Fengr nods in agreement.
    "I agree. The giant can wait a few more days for his flame. People's lives are at stake."
    Every time I post a statement feel free to add 'In my opinion...' whenever applicable.

4. - Top - End - #574
    Ogre in the Playground

The captain nods grimly at your assessment of the situation, and soon he is busy with the preparations to dock at Dagothar.

Once the pier is fully within sight the Hawk circling above is easily spotted. Fafnals companion signals that they are coming and is seen to light on the mans shoulder while your ship fits to its mooring.

The druids approaches as you disembark, the same grim look etched onto his features. He does not seem as lively as when first met.

"My friends. You have returned with m ore speed than we hoped and it is not a moment to soon. We must hasten for the cave of Jordmundjr. I have sat in council with him while you were away. When we heard of the armies arrival in the north Jordmundjr went to the peak of the mountain, and spoke with the embodiment of The Watcher. Hiemdall saw it fit to grant the giant his request, to aid in your journey north. We must go now to the cave of Jordmundjr. Where you will receive the weapons fit to fight this evil, and Hiemdall shall speed you to Grensfel.

5. - Top - End - #575

Fengr

"Then we have little time to waste. One does not let the gods wait, and Grensfel awaits our coming! Tell me Fafnal, what kind of enemies are we facing now, when even the Aesir themselves are coming down from Valhall to aid us? Has Ragnarök come at last?"
    Every time I post a statement feel free to add 'In my opinion...' whenever applicable.

6. - Top - End - #576
    Ogre in the Playground

Fafnal chuckles gently at Fengr as he leads the party to a large wagon, pulled by a team of four great horses. His dwarven friend, a mug in hand and a hearty war song on his lips cracks the whip once the party is safely inside the wagon with Fafnal. The wheels creak upon the cold ground as they make their way across the land towards the looming mountain.

"Not Ragnarok yet, but the gods may well fear that it could come upon us far earlier than expected if Lopt is not halted. He wields the dark blade, the Blade of Night. Forged in the same crucible Oden poured our very world from. Grensfel reports tell us as much. Only with such a blade could a warrior as him command the dead. Grensfel has seen the fires of troops still miles away, but they are harried by swarms of the dead beating at their walls. We feel it is only the beginning of Lopts armies, his shock troops...his dead soldiers brought back to life.

7. - Top - End - #577
    Ogre in the Playground

The wagon saves a full day and a half on foot, and the snows of the mountain are under the horses hooves in only a day. It grows dark as the wagon moves along the trail, and soon the fires of a camp can be seen. A man whose skin bears the same color as Thrands, and his height a small bit more, stops the wagon and greets Fafnal. They speak a moment and the wagon is brought into the small camp.

Fafnal takes Thrand aside and speaks to him for a moment before he turns and speaks to the party.

"I have business to attend here. My people may move to protect the north, and if they do I will do so at their side. Go on ahead, and whatever my people decide, you may yet again see me on the battlefield, that I promise."

With a hearty goodbye and raise of his axe the man turns and heads into the largest of the mammoth skin tents in the small village. Fafnal turns with a smile.

"The giant knows you are coming, and the way to his cave is cleared by Thrands people daily now. Go to him. We must turn the tide of this coming war."

8. - Top - End - #578

Fengr

Watching Thrand leave, Fengr is filled with equal parts of sadness and happiness. Sadness to see such a great fighter leaving the group after all they've shared, but happiness all the same to see him able to do so. Having survived so many battles along with the rest of the group Thrand is lucky to be alive, and Odin might still have something in plan for the warrior.

Knowing this, Fengr smiles as he watches the big fighter leave the group.
    "There he walks, man and mountain.
    Heavy his blows, many he left
    to feed the eagle."

Shrugging, he then turns to the rest of the group.
    "So here we are, one less, but perhaps stronger than before. I hope his departure hasn't diminished your resolve for the coming battle."

9. - Top - End - #579

Ford

Standing shoulder high to Thrand, Ford bids him a warrior's farewell. "Fight along side your people, my friend. I think we would all do the same. Odin willing, we will meet again on the battlefield as allies. With your clan defending our northern flank, we can rest easier and focus on defending our eastern boarder." Ford sais little else during the journey. He continuously runs his whetstone over his blade working out all of the burrs.

10. - Top - End - #580
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

As their companion parts way Janick mutters a prayer to Oden to bless him and the remaining party in the coming days. Finishing it he opens battle-weary eyes, knowing they'll need it.

11. - Top - End - #581
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Wulfgar Njordson

Wulfgar shakes Thrand's enourmous hand as he parts ways with the troupe.

"I didn't know you long, my friend, but you are truly a mighty warrior and shall be one we meet again! Oh, and my apologizes for the rock on our first meeting!"

12. - Top - End - #582
    Barbarian in the Playground

Korack embraces Thrand heartily, his large hand clapping on on his back. "May Odin watch over you and guide your blade to strike down your enemies."

He then looks to the rest of the party, everyone showing signs of their recent hard fought battles, despite the couple days of rest, and smiles.

13. - Top - End - #583
    Ogre in the Playground

With Thrand back amongst his people Fafnal reappears at the side of the elder of Thrands tribe. The druid hefted a large pack upon his shoulder, supplies and food rolled up inside of a large tanned skin. He hands it over to Ford and his grin was wide.

"Provisions for your travel. You'll be fast to Grensfel with the aid of the Aesir, but even heroes must eat. Take these supplies on your journey and help our northern border. Jordmundjrs cave awaits you. I must remain here to commune with the elders of this tribe, and guide them upon their way "

With a hearty farewell the druid returned to Thrands village, and the trek the mile and a half to Jordmundjrs cave was begun. It was a quick journey among the snowy drifts of Olafspeak. Soon the party came to the ice flows that signified they were near, and soon their boots met with the ice and stone of the giants cave.

It was dark when the cave was entered, but the glow from within showed that the Giant was indeed expecting company. As they came upon the place he rested when first encountered, his icy throne was empty and the glow came from the forge near his living area.

"Welcome friends! I can feel the warmth of the essence among you. I warms my chilled skin even inside of its protective flask. I had wondered if you had it among you to retrieve the essence. My forge stands ready, a testament to my faith in your return."

The grinning Giant leads the party into his forge room, a great thing that looks like it is made of pure dark ice, but upon closer inspection it is made of some unknown metal, a deep cobalt blue.

As the flask is brought closer, it begins to hum and vibrate, and Jordmundjrs retrieves it from Fengr then, and utters an incantation in a deep dialect of Giant. The language is that of a lost age and the flask rises up in front of the Giant, and its cap pops off. The essence of fire collects before him, and a bead of sweat can be seen on the giants face as he wills the essence into his forge.

Soon his forge is hot enough to melt the ice in the cave, but it does not. The ice remains as if nothing is the matter, and Jordmundjr sets to his work, grasping a huge smithing hammer and wrapped his thick hide work apron about him.

"I must set to work if I am to get you to the peak of the mountain by morning. Please, rest and have food and drink. I will gather you once the weapons are forged.

14. - Top - End - #584

Ford

Ford opens the pack and makes the food available. As they eat, he reminisces about the battles leading up to this point, and speaks of the bravery and prowess of Kjersti, Gunnar, Aldi, and Valgard.

15. - Top - End - #585

Fengr

Leaving the giant to his work Fengr sits down with Ford. As a member of the group that escaped captivity not too long ago he too joins in on the storytelling, when he's not enjoying the food of course.

16. - Top - End - #586
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Wulfgar Njordson

Munching hungerly upon the spread before him, Wulfgar sits wide-eyed and on pins and needles as he listens to Ford and Fengr recount their adventures from captivity all the way to when they found him chained to a wall in that sahaguin catacomb.

17. - Top - End - #587
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Janick joins in the feast as they wait for their weapons to be forged. Smiling and following the stories and adding extra details to the ones he was apart of.

18. - Top - End - #588
    Ogre in the Playground

The dawn breaks early, the first thing that is noticed upon waking is that the falls of Jordmundjrs hammer have stopped. The icy walls seems to echo that ring though, as if he had just finished his work.

Once everyone is up and about, the giant can be found in his workshop, a great stretched out mammoth hide on one of the large tables. On top of it sit weapons, forged of an exceedingly pure looking metal. Shiny like steel and strong as any metal ever forged.

"My task is done. My forge is re kindled, and I will once again provide weapons for the warriors of Nelgaard. These are some of my finest works, and they will serve you well. Fafnal and I will make sure that my weapons reach the far corners of the kingdom. Take these, and take the trail north out of my cave. The hike is steep but you will reach the peak before the sun breaks the hills. Hiemdall will send you upon your way from there.

Ford

Fords weapon is a Falchion, finely crafted with a great sweeping blade.

Spoiler
    Show

Falchion of Beastial Rage:

+1
    Pure Good(1d6 Good damage)

Tier 1

Beastial Rage 1(Whenever Ford has 75% HP or lower remaining, he gains +2 Str, +2 Con, +2 to will saves. These bonuses stack with Barbarian Rage)

Fengr

Fengrs weapon is a pair of gauntlets, the fingers of them fashioned to resemble his Girallon Claws

Spoiler
    Show

Gauntlets of Fury(Enhancements effect all Unarmed attacks, or Girallon Claw attacks)

+1

Tier 1

Spirits Fury 1(Whenever Fengr uses Girallon claws to make a full attack, he may add 1d6 of either, fire, cold, electricity, acid or sonic damge to all attacks)

Wulfgar

Wulfgars weapon is a bow, its string spun from an Ice spiders webbing.

Spoiler
    Show

The bow of the Frozen North(Composite rating Equal to your Str Modifier, up to +15)

+1

Tier 1

Piercing Frost 1(When using Rapidshot, and targeting the same person with all attacks, your arrows ignore magical concealment, and deal 1d6 Frost Damage)

Janick

Janicks weapon is a spear, with a serrated tip.

Spoiler
    Show

The Inquisitors Spear

+1
    Pure Good(1d6 Good Damage)

Tier 1

Inquisition(Enemies struck by Janicks spear have all beneficial illusion based spells suppressed for 1d6 rounds. Additionally, Janick can sense the direction of any creature struck by his spear for the next 24 hours)

Korack

Koracks weapon is a shortspear, which uses a great fang of a dire bear as its deadly tip.

Spoiler
    Show

The Fang of the Bear

+1
    Pure Good(1d6 Good Damage)

Tier 1

Might of the Bear Spirit(Bears summoned by Korack while holding the Fang of the Bear gain the benefit of the Augment Summoning feat. Additionally Summoning spells used to summon bears produce one additional bear)

19. - Top - End - #589

Korack sat all night listening to the other reminisce over their past battles, some he had been there for, others he was hearing for the first time. The large shaman just sat and listened, reflecting on his time with his companions and smiled.

As the dawn breaks and the warriors move to find the cache of weapons forged just for them, Korack looks upon the weapons, before moving quickly to the shortspear. He picks it up and weighs it in his hands, trying to judge the balance of such a fine weapon.

He then looks to his companions once more, "It seems with weapons as fine as these, our enemies better run faster then ever before. Shall we set off soon? I can't wait to see them tremble and beg for mercy as we cut them down before us."

20. - Top - End - #590

Ford

Ford picks up the falchion and gives it a few test swings. It is heavy, which is well suited to the Half-orc's bulk. Feeling a whirlwind of emotion well up inside him be lusts for battle more than ever. "Lets not keep the armies of the dead waiting. They so desire battle that they have returned for a second warrior's death!"

21. - Top - End - #591

Fengr

The totemist slowly lets his fingers brush the gauntlets, wondering briefly how the giant is capable of such fine work. The polished metal seems almost life-like, and as he stretches out a clawed hand in comparison they seem to be almost identical.
    "These are magnificent. It's a gift worthy a god, Jordmundjr. You have my thanks."
    He eagerly puts on the gauntlets and flexes his new, metallic claws. It feels almost as if they are pulsating with a blood thirst of their own and Fengr is filled with an almost bestial feeling of rage and serenity at the same time.
    "I think, Ford, that our enemies soon will wish that they had stayed in the grave."

22. - Top - End - #592
    Ogre in the Playground

The giant returned to his forge and picked up the huge hammer. Looking back at the warriors he nodded grimly.

"Go with my blessing friends. I'll do what I can hear while you are on the front. The passage to Hiemdalls post should be free of snow. Take what provisions I have laid out, and speed yourselves on your way.

After a few more goodbyes and the stowing of your gear, The way up to the peak is clear to you. When the sun is high in the sky, and the wind whips along the open side of the mountain you can see that the trail curls up towards a plateau.

As that is crested, you can see in the distance, a huge figure standing at the edge of the plateau. He is a few hundred yards away, but must measure at sixteen feet tall. His arms crossed over his chest. A great horn hangs attached to his belt. He makes no moves until the party is a bit closer to him.

He turns, and his mouth opens thoughtfully. His teeth have the luster of gold, and his arms uncross, his hands out stretched in a friendly fashion. His voice feels filled with power, that booms in the ears.

"WARRIORS. WELCOME. I HAVE SEEN JORDMUNDJRS WORK. IT IS NEEDED MORE THAN EVER IN THE NORTH> THEY ARE UNDER SIEGE. THEY HAVE ANCIENT TROLLISH SKELETONS AMONG THEM, FEEDING THEIR SIEGE EFFORTS WITH THEIR BRUTISH STRENGTH. IT IS TIME. GO WITH THE BLESSING OF THE WATCHER."

His hands came up to his sides, and five great Rocs sweep their wings up and circle the plateau before landing behind Hiemdall. He steps aside and sweeps a hand towards the mighty beasts.

"SPEED TO GRENSFEL MY FRIENDS. THE BLADE LOPT WIELDS CAN DO MUCH HARM, IF IT REMAINS IN HIS POSSESSION. GOOD SPEED!"

23. - Top - End - #593

Ford

"'Tis a warriors dream to fight for Asgaard. We will defend Grensfel, and then we will utterly destroy Lopt!"
    Ford approaches one of the beasts and carefully grabs its reins. He slowly and clumsily mounts the creature, relying on the beasts own training to fly itself to Grensfel. Only the mightiest of stallions has been able to travel any distance with Ford on its back, but atop a roc, Ford looks like a mere leprechaun.

24. - Top - End - #594

Fengr

The totemist bows deep before the ás, his mind overwhelmed by the presence of one of the mightiest among the gods.
    "It is an honor to serve the gods. With your blessing we will crush this threat against Grensfel and send Lopt to Hel where he can sit in darkness until the end of days!"
    Upon seeing the mighty birds that he has only heard of in tales and myths Fengr is once again struck with awe. He carefully approaches one with golden and black wings and strokes it along it's feathers.
    "To ride upon the backs of such magnificent creatures... This is an honor bestowed only on the mightiest of nature's servants."
    He turns and bows yet again towards Heimdall, and then he quickly climbs up and seats himself on top of the great bird.

25. - Top - End - #595
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Janick salutes the God with his new weapon and follows that with a bow. He promises to send Lop and his minions back to Helheim, or to go to Valhalla trying.

Janick removes his armor and puts it in his pouch before taking the reigns of the powerful bird, his skill at riding beasts was never good, and he didn't plan on making it worse by wearing the heavy armor.

26. - Top - End - #596

Korack remains silent in face of the God, letting the others do the talking. He knows his silence will say much more then his words would ever convey. As he walks over to his Roc, he slightly bows his head, both to the God and to the mighty bird, before mounting it and riding on after his companions.

27. - Top - End - #597
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Wulfgar Njordson

Thanking Jordmundjr, Wulfgar picks up the bow and draws the string, testing its pull. Thanking the giant again, Wulfgar hustles after his friends to meet Heimdall.

Covering his ears against the bellowing of the god's voice, Wulfgar says, "Lord Heimdall, with your blessing I will fly and show these undead bastards what a warrior of Grensfel can do!!"

Wulfgar walks to the eagle-like steed, stroking it's feathered head and neck. Giving Heimdall a nod and bringing his fist to his heart, Wulfgar swings his leg over the roc and lets the beast fly as it wishes to Grensfel.

28. - Top - End - #598
    Ogre in the Playground

The Rocs take to the sky one at a time, and soon enough the imposing image of The Watcher goes back to his post, looking down upon the Kingdom of Nelgaard.

Olafspeak disappears behind you, the Rocs are incredibly easy to ride. their backs are spacious and the feathers around their necks are easily gripped and strong.

It takes only four hours to reach the northern hills, their rolling curves sprinkled with fresh snow. Grensfel comes into view then, a wide walled expanse, the hub of the north. The fires of enemy camps burn in the distance beyond it past the border of Elsimar, and further forward, to the border.

The Rocs circle the city, many of the regular folk coming out to witness the arrival of such creatures. Once each has dropped its rider off it takes back to the sky, turning and heading back towards Olafspeak.

You have been deposited near the Northern Gate. Out of the Guard barracks nearby comes the captain of the guard. Wulfgar recognizes him as Brunmir Valkson. He is a scarred man that looks as if he is nearing sixty years of age. He wears a great curved sword like Fords on his back as he approaches and clasps Wulfgar on the shoulder.

"Welcome back Wulfgar! We are glad to see you returned! Your companions are welcome here in Grensfel. We have been harried by Undead skirmishes against the northern gate here every night for the past week. We have reports from scouts that they finished building a siege tower earlier today. They have the fearsome skeletons, giant troll bones animated to push the thing. You and your friends couldn't have come at a better time."

29. - Top - End - #599

Ford

"Iv dealt with their kind before. We'll make quick work of the troll bones and smash their towers!"

30. - Top - End - #600

Korack smiles as he says this, "I shall enjoy hearing their spirits scream as we crush their defile bones, sending them to the beyond once more."

"As for the siege towers.... I've always found fire to be a great way to send them to ashes."