Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223
Results 661 to 672 of 672
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    May 2011

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    Wulfgar Njordson

    Wulfgar's eyes slowly move from the wrestling bears across the field of battle to the fallen druid and the newly coalesced wraith. Falling upon the cloak draped around the wraith, a spark ignites in the back of the Nord's mind of something he once read. Pushing that aside, he remembers where he stands and pulls taut the string of his bow, looking down the shaft of the strung arrow at the enormous bear to his right hand side.

    Full Attack!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fire at DB with a full attack! Keep up the songs!!!

    Bard Song: +2/+2
    Point Blank Shot: +1/+1
    Rapid Shot: -2 to hit

    HP: 66/66
    AC: 23
    Saves: F:6 R:9 W:2

    Attack: (1d20+13)[14](27)
    Damage: (1d8+4)[11] and (1d6)[5] Good and (1d6)[6] Frost

    Possible Crit:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Confirm: (1d20+13)[31]
    Damage: (2d8+8)[20]


    Attack: (1d20+13)[12](25)
    Damage: (1d8+4)[7] and (1d6)[5] Good and (1d6)[5] Frost

    Possible Crit:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Confirm: (1d20+13)[28]
    Damage: (2d8+8)[14]


    Attack: (1d20+8)[8](16)
    Damage: (1d8+4)[9] and (1d6)[4] Good and (1d6)[1] Frost

    Possible Crit:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Confirm: (1d20+8)[9]
    Damage: (2d8+8)[13]

  2. - Top - End - #662
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cleavon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    Fengr

    Seeing that the Bear is now taking heavy damage while Gunnar keeps it occupied, his claws flash forward in a furious frenzy of fists to keep the bear on its road to death.

    Attack!
    Spoiler
    Show

    (1d20+13)[28]
    (1d4+7)[10]
    (1d6)[4]
    (1d6)[6]

    (1d20+13)[33]
    (1d4+7)[8]

    (1d20+11)[29]
    (1d4+7)[9]
    (1d6)[3]
    (1d6)[2]


    (1d20+11)[30]
    (1d4+7)[10]

    (1d20+11)[30]
    (1d4+7)[11]
    (1d6)[4]
    (1d6)[4]


    (1d20+11)[12]
    (1d4+7)[9]

    (1d20+11)[30]
    (1d4+7)[8]
    (1d6)[3]
    (1d6)[4]


    (1d20+11)[21]
    (1d4+7)[10]

  3. - Top - End - #663
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cleavon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    Current Positions
    Spoiler
    Show


    Gunnars claws dig into the bears shoulders as they roar in each others faces, caught in a deadly grapple. He manages to push the bear back an inch or two, putting it on the defensive and allowing his comrades to freely damage the beast, and he feels the bears blood wash over his paws and chest. The bear seems like it is holding on by a mere thread. Fengrs claws and Wulfgars arrows having opened up viscous wounds in the things hide.

    Ford takes the opportunity to sprint towards the druid, and his resulting swipe of his falchion brings the druid to his knees. He is still alive, and staggering, but his front is soaked with blood, as is Fords Falchion. To make matters worse, the spiritual jaws set about him again and make his defeat inevitable.

    Janick clears the field of Zombies, leaving the group ready to finish off the remaining threats. Koracks Chastise clearly affects the ancient wraith, but it is compelled to continue its defense of the druid.

    Druid

    Seeking to free himself, and unable to cast any beneficial magic without proper use of his hands, he struggles against the magical Jaws.

    Opposed Grapple!
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+9)[23]


    Bear

    The bear, as smart as it is knows now only fury and rage in its weakened condition. Unable to escape the wrestling with Gunnar, it seeks to injure him before it takes its last breath.

    Attack!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attacking with Bite in the grapple, -4 to hit due to said grappling.

    (1d20+12)[31]
    (2d8+8)[14]

    (1d20+12)[19]
    (2d8+8)[13]


    Gunnar
    Spoiler
    Show
    Take 14 damage from a successful bite attack during the grapple.


    Wraith

    Compelled to protect the Druid through the magic that controls it, the wraith mindless moves towards Ford and extends its wispy hand, its ragged body slightly tattered from the damage it took from Koracks chastise.

    Touch Attack!
    Spoiler
    Show

    (1d20+10)[29]
    If successful, Fortitude Save.


    Ford
    Spoiler
    Show
    Make a Fortitude Save, please.

  4. - Top - End - #664
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Daravon_35's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    The large spirit bear once again focuses it's attention on the wraith as it harasses Ford. The bear lets rip another mighty roar.

    Meanwhile the spectral jaws now firmly attached to the druid attempt to maneuver him into a pinned position as their ghostly teeth gnash at the druids' flesh.

    Spoiler
    Show


    Spirit Form: 7/10
    SpiritJaws: 3/9

    Korack's going to use his Chastise Spirit again. Will Save DC 23 for 1/2 dmg. The spirit does not get the 50% miss chance.

    Korack will use a free action to command the SpiritJaws to attempt to pin the druid. This happens if the SpiritJaws win their next grapple check. The SpiritJaws has two attacks because of Korack's BAB, so he'll attempt it twice if needed, if the first is successful the second attempt will just be turned into automatic damage.

    Chastise Spirit: (9d6)[41]

    Grapple: (1d20+14)[31] (Attempt 1)

    If it wins Druid is pinned and takes:
    Damage: (2d6)[9]

    If it fails its' first attempt, here's the second grapple to pin:
    Grapple: (1d20+9)[29]

  5. - Top - End - #665
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Minnesota, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    Having cleared the field of the unholy walking abominations, Janick moves to his left to help with the Dire Bear.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Divine Power round 7/9, Divine Favor round 5/10.

    Janick moves to his left and attacks the Dire Bear Power Attacking for -5.

    Attack: (1d20+16)[35]
    Damage: (1d8+29)[32]

    Crit? Confirm: (1d20+16)[25]
    Crit? Damage: (1d8+29)[31]

  6. - Top - End - #666
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Gamblerjoe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    Ford

    Ford screams at his enemy. "Your devil magic will not save you from my blade!"

    Falchion
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rage: round 9/11
    Bard Song: +2/+2
    HP: 74/121 (61%) => 92/139
    AC: 21

    Power Attack for 9
    Attack 1: (1d20+14)[22] Damage: (2d4+36)[38] (plus (1d6)[2] good)
    Possible Crit:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Confirm: (1d20+14)[20] Add: (2d4+36)[39]
    Possible Cleave:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+14)[28] Damage: (2d4+36)[39] (plus (1d6)[4] good)
    Possible Crit:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Confirm: (1d20+14)[24] Add: (2d4+36)[40]

    Attack 2: (1d20+9)[11] Damage: (2d4+36)[41] (plus (1d6)[5] good)
    Possible Crit:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Confirm: (1d20+9)[10] Add: (2d4+36)[42]
    Possible Cleave:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+9)[26] Damage: (2d4+34)[40]
    Possible Crit:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Confirm: (1d20+9)[21] Add: (2d4+36)[41]

    If the druid goes down, cleaves and/or additional attacks go to the wraith.
    Last edited by Gamblerjoe; 2012-01-31 at 03:59 PM.

  7. - Top - End - #667
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    May 2011

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    Wulfgar Njordson

    Seeing the Bear's dying shudders, Wulfgar turns his gaze towards his orcish compatriot in time to watch Ford's blade cleave cleanly through the bloodied druid. Hoping now that the wraith's controller had been silenced, Wulfgar yells out to the Wraith attempting to communicate,

    "Galnon Kingthistle, Elder Druid of Nelgaard and Fangoren, I beseech you to see through the haze of darkness that has been cast over your eyes! You attack your own clans, not the evil you once set out to destroy! Join your brethern-in-arms against the waves of undead soldiers sent hence by Lopt, and may us with your ancient might defeat the Betrayer!!
    Last edited by Gorthok; 2012-02-09 at 06:44 PM.

  8. - Top - End - #668
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cleavon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    As Wulfgar yells out to the spirit, it turns its head and sneers. It moves straight upward, and speaks for a moment.

    "My soul is free and I am to leave this place once and for all. While Lopt dashed his undead forces against this paltry northern bastion he sweeps his true power southward. Seek the world tree, and beware the Einherjar."

    His body begins to fade and then bursts into black wisps. The battle field grows more quiet, with only minimal fighting going on up and down the long northern wall.

  9. - Top - End - #669
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Ipphli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    Gunnar

    The black bear pants as his foe falls. After taking a moment to catch his breath, the beast looks around the gate, as well as up and down the wall. Seeing the fight has been won, he switches back to a his human shape, wincing slightly as the dire bear's bite makes itself known.
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

    Avatar by Ninjaman

  10. - Top - End - #670
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cleavon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    As the battle subsides around the city the high priest comes to the smashed gate. He is a powerful looking man, his pure white beard braided into two thick strands that hang down over his robe. He speaks with Brunmir for a moment before heading for the center of the city.

    Brunmir turns and instructs the vikings, who take the bloody corpse of Dengar up and haul him inside the city.

    "The high priest wishes to know more of our enemies plans. Come quickly you may tend to your wounds at the meeting, he calls all warriors to the city center..."

    With that Brunmir turned and made his way towards the center of the city with haste, catching up with the group that carried the dead druid.

  11. - Top - End - #671
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Daravon_35's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    With a final roar the spirit bear melts back into human form. "Thanks the spirits, that's over. For a moment there, I wasn't quite sure we'd hold against their numbers."

    Then the shaman turns to Gunnar, "It is good to see you again friend! I take it by you being here that your visit to Brummundal and then your fight against the fire giants went well? Oh how I wish I could have been there." He then glances forward towards the city center. "But come! They'll be time to share tales of our journeys when things are more... calm. Let us finish off this undead war host then feast and drink over song and tales of victories!" The shaman says as he takes off at a quick walk behind Brunmir.

  12. - Top - End - #672
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cleavon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    The center of the city is a buzz with activity. The high priest has arranged Dengars body at the base of the statue of Oden in the square. He begins to speak in a soft voice, his words heavy with the guttural tongue of ancient magics.

    The casting takes time, and once everyone is there it is a few short minutes before his incantation begins to take effect. The body of Dengar rises slowly, as if to sit up, and the ghastly sight of his destroyed flesh lurching as he moved.

    His voice seemed to come from afar, almost down a corridor.

    "Vaken...Old friend. Why did you call me back? What have you to gain from me now that I am defeated?

    The priest shook his head, his arms crossing over his chest.

    "Knowledge, Dengar. It is all I seek and then you may rest. I call upon you as a traitor, but give me the knowledge I seek and you shall rest easy in the halls of the Aesir."

    The ghostly voice came forth again, this time the sickening squelch of blood flowing out of Dengars exposed organs as he let out a small laugh.

    "You wish to know what he plans eh? Lopt is driven by something more than his bloodlust, Vaken. He has allies that are far more deadly than you could imagine."

    "Dengar, if ever you wish to clear your clans name of such treachery...and if ever you wish to rest, you will stop these games and speak plainly with me!"

    As if to punctuate his threat the priest raises up his steel mace to the sky, and light washes down from it over Dengar, making him shrink back from it, leaving a trail of messy blood at the foot of the statue.

    "Enough! I wish no more pain...I wish only to take my place in the afterlife. Lopt has somehow called the aid of three of the greatest warriors ever known. They served the Aesir as Einherjar before they were called back down by Lopt...or perhaps some higher power. I have seen them with my own eyes, Gilmat the Man Mountain, Helsdaf the Beast Rider, and Rengora and Sorceress. He travels now with Rengora to Yggdrasil...He says the sword can befoul the tree and weaken the gods themselves. It is madness. He seeks war with those who are unkillable. He seeks to destroy the Aesir realm, and claims the sword is the only tool that can do it."

    The priest looks on at Dengar for only a moment, and then nods his head.

    "You have done as asked Dengar...I can hold you no longer."

    With that, the body slumps back, dead once more.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •