New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

Valgard

"Ah, home again." Valgard looks as happy as can be and rishes off to see to his family.
    Act well before thinking!

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

Gunnar grips Tejhnar's arm in a warrior's handshake, wrist to wrist. He glances at his companions, then back at the High Druid, a big smile on his face. "Indeed, its good to be home. We're all glad to be back, and seeing our loved ones at a feast is something I think we've all dreamed of since our capture.

As for the darkness, we heard about it, and we may have first-hand knowledge of it. But, surely it can wait a bit until after we've eaten, aye?"
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

Tejhnar looked among the group as he turned his head back to them, and then swept the doors to the council building open, ushering everyone inside.

Aldi

Once inside the building Tejhnar approaches the younger druid, and gives her a hearty smile and clasps his hands in front of himself.

"Aldi it is a pleasure to have you back among our number. We fear for the loss of any of our number. Not enough of Nelgaards sons and daughters follow the ways of the land these days."

He sighed gently and looked back at the others, gathering with friends and family and he nodded towards one of the antechambers nearby.

"I would like to speak with you for a moment, if you please."

Tejhnar swept his hand back, and stepped into the antechamber, to speak with the younger druid in private.

Aldi Only
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tejhnar closes the door to the antechamber and turns, a furrow working his brow. he looks slightly distraught.

"I know you value your privacy, it was hard enough to get you to attend our monthly meetings. You always honored our kingdom though, treated the land like it was a part of you."

The high Druid rested himself against the edge of a table, his wrinkled hands grasping on either side of him as he looked deep in thought.

"A darkness is growing in the north. The hordes of Elsimar are lead by more than a treacherous warrior. The land speaks to me, and has told me there is a terrible perversion. The hordes of Elsimar defy our land to the last, and the spirits of the trees have spoken of the bones of the dead rising before Lopts army."

The old man gave a slight cough and brought his hand to his mouth, before looking up to Aldi once again.

"You must wonder why I am laying this heavy news at your feet. The clerics in Selnord uncovered a grave prophecy written in the runes, and it speaks to this day. It speaks to the Horde from the north, and a great black blade resurfaced. We know little of what this means and the Clerics work diligently to make more sense of it. Oden has graced them with knowledge, though fleeting. Oden spoke to the High Cleric in as he prepared himself for the day. He told him of a great hope for our kingdom. There were those who were born under his sign, in years past. We knew not what to make of such an Omen, but after much deliberation the High cleric tasked us all to find those who were born under the Sign of Oden. We have heard little from the few groups we were able to assemble. Some searched for truth at Olafspeak, to learn more of Odens Omen, and the terror from Elsimar. Others traveled into Fangoren and Elsimar to battle the hrode directly."

Looking up to Aldi, there was a hardness in the old mans eyes.

"I am telling you this because you, and all your companions are the last born under the sign. We feared you all lost, and knew not if you would return. Your return has brought us a new ray of hope. We know much more than we did before. I know you are only one woman, and by all rights I cannot set this task upon your shoulders alone. If you decide to take this fate, and seek out your true purpose in life, I have faith you will find that you and your companions may be able to find the way. The way to undo the evil encroaching our kingdom."

Ford

As Ford enters the feast hall a pair of stout dwarves, both clothed in somber tones but with jovial faces see him and raise their mugs, smashing them together and then drinking to his health. Hurton and Bartlet approach and take turns grasping the Half-orcs forearms and chortling the praises to his return.

"No way the Rus or any beast could take down this tree of a man! Good old Ford, glad to have you back old fellow!"

Hurlton slapped Ford on the back after speaking, and stepped away to the large barrel of ale, tapped at the end of the table and filled a mug for Ford, bringign it forth and forcing it into his hand.

"Come and sit among your friends and eat and drink Ford! We prayed to Strudder and Oden for your safe return on many of nightly drinking binges!"

Bartlet grasped his elbow and lead him to the feast table, the brothers sitting on either side of Ford.

Valguard

As Valguard turns to rush off to see his family, he sees His wife carrying several loaves of bread wrapped in a cloth, and his two children holding her apron strings. They rush forward at seeing him and there is a genuine touching moment. His wife approaches and gives him the same attention, and soon they are leading the Runelord back to the council building to attend the feast.

Kjersti

As Kjersti entered the council hall she didn't see anything too spectacular, except to be home, and a great feast table having been hastily set up, and a barrel of ale tapped at one end.

Then, the doors to one of the antechambers opened, and smell of food being roasted wafts out, a stout woman carrying a stew pot filled with wonderful smells and steam stepped over to the table and set the big kettle in the middle, and when the steam cleared she grinned and quickly went to Kjersti, the womans mother embracing her and singing praises to Oden that her daughter had been returned to her.

She lead Kjersti over to the table, stirring the kettle for a moment so the ingredients wouldn't settle too soon and spoke to her daughter of her captivity, and gave her sentiments that she was glad their captivity had ended in the blood of their enemies.

Gunnar

As Gunnar watched Kjerstis mother sweep her back to the table His own Mother came around the table, having come from the same antechamber. His sister soon followed, putting a stack of wooden bowls down next to the stew pot and rushing over to greet her brother with a strong embrace.

they were both elated, and gave him news of his father and brothers being sent along to the south east, where The minions of the Fire Giant Ferjorn had been rampaging through the Rus land and harassing their borders.

They soon turned talk back to Gunnars return, and assured him that the feast would be immense even if so hastily prepared and that they wouldbe happy to have him home.

Fengr

As Fengr makes his way into the council chambers an old friend greets him. One of the only other practicing Totemists was in fact from Brummundal, and was normally found here in the Druids Council Hall. Joldjur was a seasoned Totemist, and had come into his powers through a strange experience, when lost with his father near Olafspeak. He acted as guardian of the Druid Hall since the day he became a man.

The tall human approached Fengr and grinned wide, clapping him on the back. He was happy to see his friend, and colleague back and alive. It was a dying art the one they practiced, and as he lead Fengr towards the feast table he spoke of the great might of the druids, and how they were all rather excited to have this particular group of brummundals sons and daughters returned to them, but he would speak no more of it at that time, preferring to ready himself for the food and drink and allow the High druid to speak more on the matter himself.
    Last edited by Cleavon; 2010-11-25 at 10:21 AM.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kjersti Grimsdottir

"Yes, Mother, I too am glad that their blood was spilled." She smiles, glad to be back in the presence of her Maternal Parent. It had been too many winters since last she saw her and it brought a warm fire back to her heart as she watched her busy about and talk to her when she could as well as to be eating the food she prepared again. It was like nothing had changed. But things had changed.

"Mother, do you still have those weapons Father left at the house?" She questioned, remembering her Father's two mighty axes, both Masterworks of the smith in town. They would taste the blood of her enemies within the week, just like her most honorable Father would have wanted. Kjersti tore off a leg of meat and gave it a savage bite, ripping skin from the bone.

5. - Top - End - #155

Ford

A true dwarf at heart, Ford is giddy to be back in the company of the ones who saved him from a life of toil, and gave him a new life of honor. "Hurley! Barley! Im glad to see the two of you still drinking fine dwarven ale together! The great pantheon continues to keep your mugs full and my steel bloody! Our thirsts can only be slaked by the efforts of the gods themselves, and so the gods i shall allways serve! Ford drinks with his good friends and mentors. All three reminisce, but Ford does more listening than talking.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

Gunnar

Gunnar hugs his mother and sister tightly, a huge grin on his face. He asks after their health and how things have been in the village. He seems pleased with word of his father and brothers. At word of his being home, the barbarian's smile slips a little. "I'm not sure how long I'll be in town. But I promise I'll enjoy it while I can. A feast sounds just perfect. Especially if you two had a hand in it."

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Valgard

"I don't know how long we will be here, but let's wait and see. It is good to be home again, good to see you all. How have the kids been?"

Chatting with his wife, Valgard makes his way to the council building, walking slowly, enjoying every second.

8. - Top - End - #158

Fengr

With a wide smile, Fengr greets his old friend and occasional mentor and grips his upper arm as a greeting.
    "Joldjur! It has been far too long, my friend! It is good to see you as strong as always. How is the spirits in the halls of the council these days?"
    The younger man falls in next to the older one, following him towards the table, continuing to speak as they walk.
    "I have been away far too long and out of contact with the spirits for almost all the time. Perhaps we could meet after the feast so that you could tell me more af what has happened from your perspective. The druids may be powerful, but they do not have the same connection to the all-flowing river of spirits as we do."
    Every time I post a statement feel free to add 'In my opinion...' whenever applicable.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

Ford

The two Dwarves salute their mugs to Studder and Odin, both exclaiming in their boisterous voices that any day Fords mighty weapons find the blood of their enemies is a good day to be a nelgaardian indeed.

Valguard

Valguards wife frowns slightly at his proclamation that he may not be staying long, though it is a passing look and soon she is up fetching wooden plates to pile food onto for Valguard and their children.

Kjersti

As she began to ladel stew out into wooden and horn bowls, Kjerstis mother turned and assured her that her father had left sufficient weaponry at the household. She went about handing out food and made sure Kjersti took some, bidding her to eat and be strong before running off to her axes again.

Gunnar

Gunnars sister goes back to helping with the feast, though she stays close by and makes sure that Gunnar is well fed. His mother shakes her head at his wandering ways but knows some of what is going on in the kingdom, so expected this visit to be short for her lost child.

Fengr

Joldjur pursed his lips a bit when he thought about what was going on in the kingdom. As he sat with Fengr and accepted a bowl of stew from one of the females he ate a bit as he thought how to say what he had been feeling.

"Well Fengr..there has been a number of strange feelings..in my mind. Living so close to the root of our gods often brings about strange dreams. I have felt powerful spirits gathering, and there is chaos among them. I cannot truly explain it, though I have spoken to the high Druid and he believes that it is a portent of things happening, connected to the hordes in the north."

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ettin in the Playground

At first, Aldi seems to nod, steeling herself for the inevitable.
    Spoiler
    Show

Though it weight upon her stout shoulders, the druid invariably assumes these tidings mean she'll have to give what support she can for her homeland. Well out of respect for her fallen comrades she would more than willingly aide those chosen by the Allfather, likely some clique of hardened warriors from before her father's time and after hers, to lead in the dark times ahea--

...Wait. Aldi looks confused for a moment as the Druid elder continues, her thoughts nearly parallel with his words. She realizes that her 'new' comrades are all of similar ages to her and-- yes, her elder confirmed it. It all comes crashing down.

"Sir... my elder... You can't be serious!" she throws her hands up to accentuate the motion. "I may be good with a bow, yes, but I'm no great warder of the wild. The time in captivity.. it... it robbed me of some of my powers, and worse still my old friends. It's coincidence..." she repeats the last sentence.

"We were captured... I daresay the others looked to me for guiding through the forest but it was them, not me or my magic who truly won out freedom. It can't mean me as well, can it?"

She honestly seems confused, this once proud druid who felt she'd gained all the knowledge nature would gift a mortal. Well, a year in chains can affect one's pride and for Aldi, it certainly has...
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

11. - Top - End - #161

Fengr

The younger totemist begins to eat as he listens to what Joldjur says. Wiping some stew from his lips he slowly replies.
    "I see, so even the spirits are affected by this new threat. It is more powerful than I first thought if you have already sensed it. Or perhaps it is closer than I thought."
    He looks around at those gathered around the table, among them his newly found comrades.
    "Whatever comes, comes and I will stand in it's way. As I suspect we all will."
    Every time I post a statement feel free to add 'In my opinion...' whenever applicable.

12. - Top - End - #162

Kjersti Grimsdottir

Kjersti smiled and almost started to tear up as she agreed with her mother and ate as full as she could. The provisions while being captured had been.. well.. she didn't like to think about it. But here with her brothers and sisters in battle she was truly home. And she would defend this way of life to the death.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

Aldi

Spoiler
    Show
    Tejhnar sighed softly as he listened to Aldi. He stood once again from where he had rested himself and crossed his arms over his chest slowly and the more old, kindly tone returned to his voice.

"I'm sorry to lay all of this at your feet so soon upon your return. After the feast I will gather the others who returned with you together and explain the situation to them. It is by choice alone that you and they must take on this task. No one can force your hand in the matter."

Stepping over to the door he put his hand on the carved wooden handle, turning his head he smiled softly to Aldi.

"It is good to see you safely returned to Nelgaard Aldi. Whatever you decide, the druidic council will respect your decision."

The door opens and the High priest returns to the feast chamber(most likely followed by Aldi)

Everyone

The feast commences, High druid Tejhnar taking his place at the table and a few more women come out with a roast Boar, several loaves of bread, and hearty gravy made from thick stock.

Tejhnar blesses the feast and thanks the land for providing nourishment, and then the customary tearing into meat and bread begins. everyone is happy to eat, and family and friends take the time to catch everyone up on local happenings, along with the increasing troubles to the southeast, where The fire giant Kingdom has stretched its borders by conquering a portion of the kingdom of the Rus.

As the feast begins to die down, Tejhnar stands and speaks.

"Now that our bellies are full and we have all had time to welcome these fine warriors back from bondage...I must speak of the times befalling our land."

The old Druid produced a pipe from a pouch on his side, and pressed sweet smelling herbs into its hopper. As he leaned against the high back of his chair, he produced a small bit of flame from the tip of one finger, an easy trick, and puffed slowly,before speaking once again, the pipe sitting in his hand in his lap, a thin wisp of smoke curling up about him as he told his tale.

"We have been stretched thin these past months. We had been strengthening our borders with the Rus to the southeast in preparation for the fire Giant raiding parties that marauded those areas. Many warriors are on that front, fortifying a slowly building city. It was felt a necessity to create a bastion of defense there."

"Then some months ago refugees from northern Felmar came to Selnord, and spoke of the armies of Elsimar on the move. Grensfel has been attacked twice now, both times the raiding parties have been beaten back, but they are a mere fraction of what is to come. Lopt the Treacherous, once Lopt the Mighty has mobilized Elsimar for some foul purpose."

"The High Cleric of Selnord has been in constant contact with the Druidic council. There was a prophecy brought to light, and when the Clerics began to unravel it the High Cleric received a message from Oden. Those born in our Calender year under the Sign of Oden could find the power to stand against this scourge. There were not many. We sent three groups of warriors to unravel Odens meaning, to find if they truly could stand against the hordes. So far, we have heard nothing in a full month from them"

The old man smiled slightly as he looked up at the gathered people.

"It seemed a miracle that this group, these specific people were to survive their bondage, and return to us in our time of need. All of you, were born under Odens sign. When I heard old Hjalds sending and who had returned to Nelgaard, I was unsure if it could possibly be mere coincidence."

"It is a decision you all must make. If any of your are willing to help, we would gladly accept it. Of the three groups set out all ready two went to the northern front to fight, and one sought Odens blessing at Olafspeak. We only know a little that was told us by the druids stationed in Selnord, but it is not much. A Frost Giant supposedly still resides in the crags a short way up the great mountain, and that group was headed to seek his aide when they stopped reporting back."

The high druid pursed his lips and reached down, stirring his pipe for a moment before taking another small puff.

"I cannot simply as you pack up and leave. You and your families deserve more than that. Take some time, and think on this. We are glad to have you back, and wish we did not have to lay such dire tidings at your feet. I must retire now, stay as long as you all like."

Tejhnar took his leave then, several of the higher druids staying to chat and continue eating, some of the women clearing away plates and bowls that were long past being used any more that night.
    Last edited by Cleavon; 2010-12-07 at 10:24 AM.

14. - Top - End - #164

Ford
    "It sounds ta me like the gods be askin fer our help. If fightin' the Rus is the kind of help they need, then i was BORN ta help the gods! I just need to know one thing...where...they...are."

15. - Top - End - #165

Kjersti Grimsdottir

"I'll do it." Kjersti said before the man had even left the room. If hesitation remained within her, she did not show it. "The Gods cry for justice. They foresaw this event and brought us all here- out of bondage- to fight together. It was their will to instill a great rage within us due to this captivity to drive all doubt from our minds of our course. This is our destiny." She stood and placed both hands on the table. "And what man or woman desires not to fulfill thine own destiny? Odin has spoken and goes onto prepare a place for them."

She pushed her empty plates away. "We don't want to keep him waiting. Let's go send those godless heathens straight to hell."

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

Gunnar

The barbarian watches his companions pledge their aid to the druid's task. Glancing at his sister and mother, he stands up as well. "I too will go. What use staying here, when our enemies are at our door? Nothing can be gained by waiting, much as we might wish to. Enough time to for comforts and leisure when we are safe enough to enjoy them."

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Valgard

Valgard exchanges looks with his wife, who seems reluctant to let him go again so soon, but then nods.

"I will help in any way I can."

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

Tejhnar has a bright smile on his face as voices start piping up with adoration for their homeland and willingness to fight the evil that approaches. He raised a hand before anyone else could chime in, and bade that the subject be brought to a close for the moment, as it was growing late, and everyone deserved a fair nights rest.

Tejhnar requests that the party return in the morning, and he will be able to share with them what little more information they have been able to attain.

The Next Morning

The next morning at the druids council chamber there is a commotion. At first it seems there may be some trouble, but a semi familiar face is seen by any who are gathering. The warrior is covered in elk skins, and wears a helmet adorned with their horns. His name is Boren, and he is the warchief of a neighboring village, Cairndal.

His booming voice is heard coming from the audience chamber:

"Tejhnar! The druids have promised aid for my people! I need only a handful of warriors to stop these harassers. I know brummundal is spread thin, but if these filthy gnolls are able to strike at Cairndal while we have sent the bulk of our troops to the north!"

Several druids seem uneasy as they mill about outside the audience chamber, and Joldjur, the Totemist that is the protector of the hall seems agitated, though it does not seem that he fears violence.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

Gunnar

Gunnar makes his way to the front of the crowd. After taking a few moments to listen, he calls out in a loud, booming voice. "Then help you shall have. We are headed out, and can make a stop to aid you along the way Boren."

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Valgard

To his wife, Valgard quietly says: "Looks like we will have an interesting journey. Don't wait up for me, my love."

At her asonished look he winks, then addresses Boren:"We will help you, as is proper and well."

21. - Top - End - #171

Fengr

As the dinner ends, Fengr bids his comrades good night and leaves with Joldjur.
    "By Tyr, they are eager to prove themselves to the gods these new friends of mine. I am envious of them in their strength."
    The young totemist stops in his tracks and looks up at the sky as he continues.
    "I will go too of course, to earn my place in Valhall. I hope that I am not too late to save my people a second time. Good night, Joldjur. I'll see you tomorrow."

---

The next morning, as Fengr approaches the council chambers he notices that there are already lots of people around, among them his new friends. The young man walks up to Valgard and whispers:
    "What is all this about, I didn't hear what was said earlier. Is there trouble?"

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Valgard

"The druids asked us the help them on our way, help them get rid of some pesky gnolls." Valgard answers in the same fashion, voice low. "Life was boring before, or so it seems now. The gods have truely given us some interesting fates."

23. - Top - End - #173

Ford

"So ya got some gnolls that need slayin? I'v been itchin to swing me ole chopper again!" Without another word Ford takes off to fetch his falchion and don his armor.

He returns about twenty minutes later fully dressed for battle. He is proud to be clad once again in what he considers to be his uniform. A breastplate that consists primarily of a large disk with the holy symbol of Strudder Kojin. it is suspended by counterweighted chains fastened to padded shoulder supports. leather straps hold it tight around the waist. The greaves are made of tan studded leather. the under-garb is a suit made of thick fur, white as the wind driven snow. He kept his horned helmet as a worthy addition to the ensemble. A very large hilt protrudes from the scabbard on his back.

As he presents himself again to Tejhnar he grins wide, exposing the stump of his chipped tusk.
    Last edited by Gamblerjoe; 2010-12-15 at 12:22 AM.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

Boren grins wide and sweeps a powerful arm out, elk skins shifting and exposing more of his scarred and muscular physique. His voice booms out in the audience chamber, as he regards Fengr, Valgard, Gunnar and Ford.

"Here we have true strength! These warriors have the stuff to help their brothers! Come, if any more would join. We leave at mid day to teach a foul dog of a gnoll a lesson!"

The big man adjusted his horned helmet and crossed his arms over his chest, obviously rather pleased that his boisterous behavior and loud proclamations have aided him in finding the help he needed.

25. - Top - End - #175

Fengr

The totemist smiles at Valgard's remark.
    "Indeed. Perhaps Tyr finds it amusing to throw his servant into constant dangers." The feral warrior shrugs and turns back towards Boren.
    "Well, if this is what the aesir wishes, then I'll see it done. And even if they have no interest in it at all, I'll still do it, just because. And just so you know; it feels good to have you and the others with me. You have shown your courage more than once. Without you I'd still be a captive, or in Valhall."

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

Mid Day

At Mid Day all has been settled. The fine peoples of Brummundal have gathered to see their warriors returned to service against the monsters that inhabit their land. Family and friends all have turned up, and given provisions for the days journey, as well as admiration and a stout reminder to come home much sooner than their last parting.

Boren has made all the plans, readied his two carts and their teams, and given the entire party room to ride amongst them, unless they prefer to walk. The trek will find the group at the gnoll camp by the following noon.

"I shall have your warriors returned safe and sound late tomorrow evening, Oden willing!"

With that proclamation Boren grinned and spurred on his cart, the other cart drive following his lead.

Noon, the following day

Boren stopped the Wagons some way from the gnoll camp, and hid them in the brush. The man driving the second Wagon stays with them, and as Boren leads the party along a ridge he finally signals them to stop and gather around him. Looking down upon the small valley it is plain to see the camp the gnolls have etched out in that place, slightly to the north of Borens village of Cairndal.

"Their raiding party is out harassing my people most likely, or is at the shore to the west gathering food. We've been watching them for a day or two before coming to Brummundal, and that seemed their normal routine. Either harass us for food or send their men out net fishing at the waters edge. We can enter from the north, though we'll be spotted once we enter the camp proper."

MAP
    Spoiler
    Show

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    The party will be entering along the top row, from 15-26. Once in those squares the gnolls are alerted by their spotters, unless heavy stealth precautions are used.
    Last edited by Cleavon; 2010-12-27 at 12:07 AM.

27. - Top - End - #177

Fengr

As Boren and his teams take place in the wagons Fengr declines the offer of riding along with them.
    "I prefer to walk. I fear the day I have to be carried in a wagon to the fight because then the spirits have abandoned me."

As they arrive at the gnoll camp he turns towards Boren.
    "If the warband is absent let us strike now, fast and decisively. If we are quick enough we might be able to lay an ambush for the warriors later."
    As he speaks the claws on his hand starts to pulsate with a deep blue glow, indicating Fengr's readiness for combat, and the basilisk visage hovering over his face seems to roar, though no sound is heard.

Spoiler
    Show
    Fengr starts at 18, if possible.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

Gunnar

Gunnar rides his trusty steed, glad he managed to escape the debacle that resulted in his capture. Once they arrived at the gnoll camp, he slid from his horse and slid free his prized greatsword, earned many years ago.

He nods in agreement with Fengr. "Indeed. We need to strike quickly. But we should take care to try and approach by stealth. Ambush them if possible; we do not know how many of them are left."

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Valgard

Having prepared himself for combat using the various runes at his disposal, Valgard now draws a simple rune depicting an armed fighter on the ground. "Touch it before you go in, it will help you for a short while." he advises those next to him.

30. - Top - End - #180

Ford
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ford
    M TN Half-Orc Boar Totem Barbarian, Level 5, Init +2, HP 56/56, Speed 20
    AC 18, Touch 12, Flat-footed 16, Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +1, Base Attack Bonus 5
    mwk falchion +11 (2d4+7, 18-20)
    mwk falchion (raging) +13 (2d4+10, 18-20)
    mwk comp (+5) longbow (20 arrows) +8 (1d8+5, x3)
    mwk breastplate, mwk wooden buckler (+1 to ac when used) (+5 Armor, +1 Shield, +2 Dex)
    Abilities Str 20, Dex 14, Con 16, Int 6, Wis 11, Cha 6
    Condition None

The half-orc neals down and touches the rune. as he stands, he grabs his bow. With an arrow between his fingertips, he scans the landscape, hoping to spot a hapless gnoll or two he can take some target practice on.
    Last edited by Gamblerjoe; 2011-01-04 at 09:28 AM.