Crit?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Confirm: (1d20+10)[24] Add (2d4+16)[21] Damage

2. - Top - End - #212
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

Fengr

With a triumphant howl the totemist watches his enemy fall. Blood dripping from his claws and his numerous wounds the warrior cries towards the sky.
    "Tyr, god of heroes! See us in glorious victory!"
    As the last syllables ring out in the camp Fengr once again charges into the fray, slicing at the now almost surrounded gnoll warrior.

Spoiler
    Show
    Charge Gr1, ending up at 21-22 G-H
    Attack: (1d20+9)[10], (1d4+5)[7]

I like this battle so far

EDIT: But that was a pretty sucky attack
    Last edited by drakir_nosslin; 2011-02-17 at 11:49 AM.
    Every time I post a statement feel free to add 'In my opinion...' whenever applicable.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

Gunnar

Grinning at the death of their leader, Gunnar swings at the gnoll before him with renewed vigor.

Spoiler
    Show

Rage 5/10

Attack (1d20+11)[12]
    Damage (2d6+8)[16]
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

Kjersti

Seeing the Gnoll in front of she and Ford fall, she turns towards the battle and takes off with a burst of speed, moving to engage the Gnoll Cleric and bolster Borens attempt to end the slowly retreating Gnoll.

Aldi

Seeing that the battle is nearing victory she steps away from the melees and hefts her last ball of flame and tosses it down range at the Gnoll archer her bear is engaging.

Attack!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ranged attack at Ga2
    (1d20+6)[25]
    (1d6+5)[8] Fire Damage!

Aldis Bear

The Bear keeps its heavy weight bearing down on the Gnoll archer, and swipes at him with its claws.

Attack!
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+8)[13]
    (1d8+5)[7]
    (1d20+8)[23]
    (1d8+5)[12]

Valgard

Letting out a triumphant cry as the battle becomes a near victory with the defeat of the Gnoll leader, his weapon smashes down at the Gnoll in front of he and Gunnar, giving Fengr a hearty grin as he sees the Totemist join them.

Attack!
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+12)[30]
    (1d10+16)[20]

Boren

With the addition of the wild Kjersti to his position, Boren steps up and slams his greataxe towards the Gnoll cleric, seeing the fight easily won and wanting nothing more than to end the threat to his homeland.

Attack!
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+12)[27]
    (1d12+11)[23]

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

Current Positions
    Spoiler
    Show

Ford destroys the Gnoll in front of him and Kjersti is able to join the fray at the main tent. Fengr, Gunnar and Valgard have the last Gnoll ranger near surrounded and fighting for his life, which is slowly flowing out of his wounds. Aldi and her bear dispatch the last Gnoll archer, and Boren is able to inflict another grievous wound on the Cleric.

Gnolls

Gnoll Cleric.

Sensing desperate measures are needed, the Gnoll cleric quickly chants an incantation, and raises his arms. A burst of sound is heard and Kjersti and Boren are caught in its cacophony.

Spell!
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+11)[20] Concentration check to cast defensively.

If successful Boren and Kjersti must make Fortitude saving throws.

Gnoll ranger.

Sensing defeat the Gnoll lashes out at Valgard and eagerly looks over his shoulder to see if his remaining leader has cleared a path to escape...which he has not.

Attack!
    Spoiler
    Show
    On Valgard
    (1d20+7)[15]
    (1d6+6)[10]
    (1d20+7)[25]
    (1d6+6)[9]

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

Boren

Fortitude Save!
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+11)[27]

Kjersti

Fortitude Save!
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+11)[20]

Sonic damage to both Kjersti and Boren, regardless of save:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d8)[6]

7. - Top - End - #217

Ford

After dropping another gnoll, Ford runs over to his comrades to help finish off the last 2 enemies.

Spoiler
    Show
    double move to I-22

8. - Top - End - #218

Fengr

Seeing their enemies falling before them gives the young warrior more power to his blows as he strikes at his foe once again.

Spoiler
    Show
    Full attack: (1d20+8)[10](1d4+5)[6]
    (1d20+6)[20](1d4+4)[7]
    (1d20+6)[18](1d4+4)[5]
    (1d20+6)[26](1d4+4)[8]
    Every time I post a statement feel free to add 'In my opinion...' whenever applicable.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

Gunnar

Gunnar rushes towards the nearest gnoll, hoping to end the battle as quickly as possible.

Spoiler
    Show

Map not up, so not sure what gnoll is closest...

Attack (1d20+11)[26]
    Damage (2d6+8)[14]

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

Boren

"We've got them on the run boys, lets slaughter the rest of these troublemakers and then feast to their bones at my hall in Cairndal!"

Attack!
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+12)[31]
    (1d12+11)[20]

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

Fengrs slashing claws set the Gnoll ranger back on his heels. He is badly outnumbered, and with Gunnar, Valgard and Fengr bearing down on him he cannot hold his defenses. The girallon claws of the totemist tear his belly out, and he crumples to the ground.

Gunnar sees his opportunity and charges forward, his greatsword hacking into the upper portion of the Gnoll clerics arm. With the Gnoll focused on this new threat Borens axe swings low and chops the clerics knees from under him, leaving him in an unconscious bleeding heap.

The battlefield grows quiet, save the heavy breathing of the many raging barbarians gathered together. Shaking his head and seeming to his wits about him Boren begins piling up whatever weapons are still useful, and taking any coin or valuables the gnolls have and putting it into a pile.

"Bastards had some of our coin as well, hitting supply wagons come down from Relhorn. Good to get some of these weapons back, the armor is mostly destroyed now though."

When all is said and done, the bodies of the Gnolls are piled onto their cookfire, along with their ragged tents and anything else that would be of use to raiders, and is not of use to the citizens of Cairndal.

Everyone
    Spoiler
    Show
    Each party member gains 5 gold, 2 silver. Scavenged from the Gnoll cleric is a crudely whittled wooden wand.

12. - Top - End - #222

Ford

after catching his breath and calming down a bit, "Har, har! Stoopid gnolls didnt stand a chance!" Ford instinctively puts his strong back to work, carrying as much as he can to Boren's cart.

Once the cart is loaded, and everything else piled onto the fire, Ford stands and admires the great blaze. Despite the smell of burning gnoll hair, it stands of a bright, tall beacon of their victory today. He is mesmerized by the flames until the party eventually begins to move out.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

Leaving the crackling fire behind Boren leads the party the short distance to Cairndal. As he approaches with the cartload of weapons and shields, bits of armor the guards on the walls cheer and open the great wooden doors that block the gate at the north of the city.

Cairndal is double walls, soldiers staying mostly in between their defensive walls, so they can spring to action if alarm is called. The little hamlet is well built and sturdy on the inside, and seems like a close knit community. A man approaches Boren as soon as he is inside the second wall, directing several younger men to unload the spoils and take care of the cart. He addresses Boren.

"Boren, you finally convinced the Druids to send us aid...I trust the gnolls are routed? At any case there are matters to attend to, a great feast to note your victory, and visitors to your hall. A traveling Shaman has been waiting for the past two days to speak with you. I would like you and your new companions to speak to the Inquisitor sent by the church, he is most likely ready to move along in his search, but was waiting for a report on the gnolls."

Boren grinned wide and turned back to the gathered party and sweeps his arms wide.

"Did you hear that? There shall be a feast tonight!"

He turned back to the man and shook his head, stepping by him and waving for them all to follow.

"Bring the Shaman and Inquisitor to my hall tonight, to attend our feast. I would speak to them there. Make certain the boars are prepared immediately, and set the cooks about the task. Oh, and find the elf, Agilaz. I want him there as well."

The man gave Boren a light nod of his head and with an affirmative hurried off to make all of the arrangements, including personally inviting Korack, Agliaz and Janick to Borens feast hall for that night. In the meantime Boren allows the party to relax, and gives them drink and a place to stay until the feast at mid day.

14. - Top - End - #224

Ford

The massive half-orc anxiously awaits the feast. He exchanges battle stories with several Cairndal's soldiers, then awaits the arrival of the Grom brothers so he can tell them of their victory first hand.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Barbarian in the Playground

Korack paced back and forth in his room as he seemingly muttered to himself. He had arrived two days earlier in hopes to talk to Boren, but all he had done is wait. And now news had finally reached him that Boren had arrived back at the hamlet and in fact a feast was to happen this very night.

He sighed with worry and anticipation, the feast was as good as any place to try to carry out the negotiations with Boren and he always did enjoy a good feast, but he just hoped he'd be able to gain Boren's ear long enough to carry it out.

The thoughts swirled through his head as he seemed to converse with himself some more, still pacing back and forth in his room, waiting for the feast to begin.

Before Korack leaves for the feast he'll chant a small prayer to Thor and cast Blessing of the Spirits on himself.

Spoiler
    Show

Not sure how much you all want me to describe Korack physically, especially since it's on his character sheet. Which can be found here:
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=279930

16. - Top - End - #226
    Dwarf in the Playground

Agilaz remains in his dwelling, wondering at who managed to finally meet the warrior who ended the gnoll raids. He ponders what sort of warrior could do so, and what legends would arise from this hero. Smiling to himself, he thinks I should adventure with that man. He would really help me with my legends. He remains in contemplation until the feast, where he will meet the hero of Cairndal.
    Thanks to Vrythas for the awesome Myrddraal avatar.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

Gunnar

Gunnar decides to find a temple and pray. Although not normally a religious man, he worried that their future mission was...different. All the talk of destiny and birthright? It wasn't something Gunnar thought much about. On the way to the temple, the barbarian buys a goat. Slinging the small animal over his shoulder, he carries it to the temple.

There, Gunnar offers the goat to the priest, requesting he sacrifice the animal to Odin for him, perhaps perform a divination for him as well.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

Ford

As the half-orc speaks with various soldiers and militia men of Cairndal, the hour grows towards the feast time. With only an hour remaining before he is to present himself at the feast, a wagon pulled by two shaggy Oxen trundles through the inner gate and thunders to a stop.

Two dwarves hop out, and begin speaking to a couple of the men nearby, who take the wagons reins and lead it off towards the feast hall. The two dwarves quickly noticed the taller half-orc and approached. They were boisterous, and had long flowing beards, the two obviously brothers, or related in some way. They were in fact Hurlton and Bartlet Gromm.

"Och! Ford! We've lead a caravan from Brummundal, weapons, armor, food and supplies. High druid Tehjnar sent one of his own along, to give news of some import. Come! Help us load the casks of dwarven brew into the hall and tell us of your triumphs!"

Gunnar

Approaching the temple Gunnar is greeted by a barrel chests man with snowy white hair, holy symbol of Oden hanging about his neck. He wore clean furs, as white as his hair and when he took the goat from Gunnar he nodded wordlessly.

Making their way inside the man lay the goat upon a great altar, and after a short prayer to the might of Oden he slew the goat, its blood pooling under it and running down into the ceremonial basins, filling them up slowly as the man turned and gave Gunnar a hard look.

"Oden has blessed your journey. My divination was granted, to some degree. I see the fate of our kingdom hinging upon you and the warriors you travel with. I see, a diverging of paths, and new warriors among your number. Oden has granted only these visions to me. Go with the blessing of all Asgaard, and enjoy the feast"

Agilaz

The elfs contemplations are disturbed by Boren himself. the great tree of a man greets his elven friend heartily, before sitting down with him to discuss some important matters.

"Agilaz, my friend. It has been long that you have held our walls with your bow. You taught many of my men how to better watch these monster infested forests, and to pick enemies off with precision they lacked. However now I feel your talents might be better served for the good of Nelgaard. I have spoken with a High Druid, sent along from Brummundal, and the heros I accompanied here will be in need of assistance. Their number will dwindle soon after the feast, and those that press on will need someone with skill like yours. What do you say?"

Korack

One of Borens men comes to the spirit shaman as he is preparing for the feast. He assures the man that he will finally get his chance to speak with their leader, and that the feast will begin shortly.

As Korack makes his final preparations, and heads out towards the feast hall, he notices much of the bustling about the city is directed towards that grand hall. Dwarves, a half-Orc and even an elf or two can be seen gathering at the halls entrance.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

The Feast

As the feast is called, Boren stands at the head of a great table, roast boar, bread, cheese and great tankards of dwarven ale mark the table, along with various berries and other fruits. The spread is rather huge, the table flowing down a full fifty feet, people packed on either side of the long wood banquet table.

"Friends! Warriors! The gnoll scourge has lost its leadership, and our advanced scouts how that the gnolls are even now fighting for leadership. Their number is cut by more than half already, and its not been half a day!"

The hall roars with cheers and praise, and Boren lifts the horn in his hand and swills down the dwarven ale, pouring himself another. The Brothers Gromm are sitting with Ford, Korack sits at Borens left side, Borens wife at his right. Gunnar and Fengr sit across from Aldi, Kjersti and Simba, while the member of the High Druids council sits next to Aldi and converses with her. Agilaz sits next to Korack, among the warriors that managed to fell the gnoll leadership. Janick sits close by, able to hear all conversations and indulge in any he wishes.

The feast begins in full, people filling their crude plates and drinking ale to their content.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Dwarf in the Playground

Agilaz enjoys the feast, eating and drinking as much as the next man (maybe not literally, but still). After the feast he seeks out the leader of the warriors Boren told him to help, offering his skill with the bow to aid there quest.

21. - Top - End - #231

Korack lets out a hearty roar at the news of the gnoll's population being diminished. Those foul creatures had been more then enough trouble for everyone. As the feast gets underway Korack enjoys himself as much as he can, eating and talking with those around him, still waiting for a lull in the feast when he can bring up talk of the negotiations with Boren.

As the lull finally seems to come, well as much of a lull as much as it might get during such a grand feast, Korack finally turns to Borne, giving him a friendly slap on the back and says, "Friend, I hear you're one of the ones to thank for vanquishing those Gnolls. I can only imagine what a fine battle it must have been. I'm sure the spirits guided your weapon on that day! But praise and admiration are not the only reason I talk to you now. I have come in hopes of opening a negotiation between your people and mine. I have hopes we can either discuss this now or in private later"

22. - Top - End - #232
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Janick scans the crowd with a detect evil, afterward he talks with Boren aout Lopt the Treacherous and any potential spies for him that he may have uncovered recently.

23. - Top - End - #233

Ford

Ford helps the Grom brothers with the casks, always impressed at how their strength exceeds his own.

He sits beside the dwarven brothers and joins in their toasts. He discuses the battle, and the situation with the gnolls. He is told of the additions to the group, and takes the news with great excitement. More sword arms for the journey ahead! Praise the pantheon!

Ford doesn't care if one is an elf. In his youth, he never heard the stories of war between orc and elf. He was simply beaten, and put to work in the gladiator pits, living a childhood completely devoid of education or leisure. It is said that his father Gorn harbored a legendary hatred for elves, second only to his hatred of Hobgoblins.

It was an elf, in fact, that taught Ford to use a bow. He never took well to his hunting and fishing training, but in target practice, Ford learned to do quite well. Eventually, his archery mentor saw fit to craft him a bow conducive to his great strength. The massive thing was constructed from layers of oak, darkwood and ironwood, and lamanated with horn from a white dragonspawn hourdling. Its extreme re-curve is a clear indication of the bow's incredible draw weight. Ford carries and wields it with pride, despite the fact that it is not his weapon of choice. It's actually the second most valuable thing Ford owns, behind his only magical item.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

Gunnar

Gunnar spent most of the feast uncharacteristically quite and solemn. The priest's words had unsettled the young man. The fate of the kingdom on his and his companions shoulders? Why them? His father was a much braver and more capable warrior; why not him? Part of Gunnar wanted nothing more than to get roaring drunk and forget all of his responsibilities for a night. However, that didn't seem the right thing to do either.

As soon as it was polite to do so, the barbarian excused himself from the feast and left. As he was walking down the street, he hears someone calling out to him. One hand going to the hilt of his sword, the warrior turns to see an elf walking towards him.

Listening to the elf's words, Gunnar nods. "We can use all the aid we can find, I think. Your bow will be most welcome." He offers his hand to the man. "My name is Gunnar Sigurdson. Who might you be?"

25. - Top - End - #235
    Dwarf in the Playground

I am Agilaz. I have come to aid you at the request of Boren.

The elf stands there, his bow towering over him, a monster made of bone and sinew, with a quiver of foot long arrows at his side.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

Gunnar

Gunnar eyes the bow for a moment before smiling at the elf. "Then I am definitely glad to have you along. Anyone suggested by Boren is very welcome. That is a curious weapon you carry; I admit I've never seen its like."

27. - Top - End - #237
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

After talking for some time Janick notices the heroes leave, he excuses himself and follows them and approaches Gunnar.

"Greetings Gunnar Sigurdson," Janick says. "I am Janick Gers of Selnord. I have heard of your return from the raids and of your recent conquests against the Gnolls. I am an Inquisitor for Oden and have uncovered agents of Lopt the Treacherous in my homeland. His corruption stretches far, a passive stance is not enough in these times. The infection must be cut off at it's source. Your parties direct approach is the correct course of action and I would be honored to join it if I could to lend whatever aid I can."

28. - Top - End - #238
    Dwarf in the Playground

I thank you for your welcome, brave sir. This weapon you a wondering about is a bone bow, it is made from the bones of a mammoth, and is able to deal with any level of pull. I could help you find some for your men, or let the bowers here study it to able to make new copies if you like. A word of warning though-it requires specialized training to be useable with any sort of speed or accuracy. While describing the bone bow, he takes it and points out how it works to Gunnar.

29. - Top - End - #239

As the feast winds down and Korack gets Boren away in private to discuss the negotiations, he quickly heads out of the great hall to find these warriors Boren has instructed him to find.

He soon arrives on the scene he sees three men talking, one of them seemingly showing the other his bow. He stands there and just observes for a moment before making his presence known, then finally he speaks, his words soft, yet strong, "Excuse me, my good men, but Boren had instructed us to come find you with great haste. He said that you all were on an important mission, but didn't explain past that."

Korack pauses for a moment, trying to gather his thoughts before continuing, "The fact that you were also responsible for defeating the gnoll scum, means we are in your debt already as they were quite the detriment to my tribe. In fact it is by Thor's honor that we shall aid you, in whatever problem is at hand. I proudly and with honor lend you my spear."

Spoiler
    Show

Let me know how that is to read, the other gray seemed to close to black to me, not sure if this one will be too light. Also sorry if that seems rushed or sloppy, I didn't want to make the joining the party too big or long, especially since there's three of us joining up.

Oh also Korack usually refers to himself in the plural since he considers his bear spirit guide a seperate part of him, thus the "we" and "us" parts in there. Also just want to say thanks for letting me join, really excited to be a part of this group and this game!

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

Gunnar

The warrior looks over at the two men as they introduce themselves and make their intentions known. An inquisitor? Gunnar had heard stories about such men, and they made him leery of the man. However, who was he to turn down help? "A pleasure to meet you Janick Gers of Selnord. Your help will be most welcome."

Turning towards the other man, he smiles and offers his hand. "It will be my honor to have you fight alongside us. My name is Gunnar Sigurdson. And you are?"