Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 270 of 672
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Daravon_35's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    A small smile appears on Korack's face, more out of embaressment then anything else, "Oh I'm sorry, my name is Korack. I have been guided both by Boren and the spirits to your aid."

  2. - Top - End - #242
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cleavon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    Korack

    Boren leads the shaman into an adjoining room, and after several minutes of jovial talk, fueled by the ale Boren had been consuming in great quantity, he agreed that Korack would make the perfect representative for the surrounding tribes, and Boren would be more than happy to lend any aid he could spare to them.

    Ford

    The brothers Gromm drink and carouse with the half-orc for some time, praising Strudder Kojin and whatever god seemed ready for a cheer, if only to drink more.

    Bartlet turned to Ford then, and looked around the feast hall.

    Looks like yer friends all went out for some fresh air lad. Don't ye be lettin' this whole grand quest deal get you all worked up. Keep your head, and do the will of the gods, and everything will turn out for the better!

    Ford, Fengr

    As the feast dwindles, Gunnar, Agilaz, Korack and Janick are found to have gone outside for some air, and to speak about their coming journey. The druid that accompanied the caravan from Brummundal approaches the table, addressing Ford, Fengr, Valgard, Kjersti and Aldi.

    "The druid Tehjnar has sent me to speak with your number. There have been developments in Brummundal and on the southeastern front, where the Fire Giants press through the Ru kingdom to threaten our borders.

    He had instructed me to accompany Aldi, Valgard, and Kjersti back to Brummundal. He has thought long and hard on this, and these three he hopes will be able to help fortify Brummundals remaining warriors, the recent increase in attacks along the south eastern front have left us with no choice but to send most of our warriors there, so their presence is required.

    I have spoken with Boren at length...he has informed me of three warriors with their own personal quests, and interests in seeing this quest to its frutition. I am confident this is not coincidence, but the will of the gods! Tehjnar bade me to send you to meet an agent of his, a druid named Fafnal.

    Fafnal lives just outside of Selnord, a sure sign of his presence will be a great hawk, circling the tundra above where he hunts. Keep your eye to the skies once you crest the hills and are able to see Selnord on the horizon.

    Go with the will of the gods, warriors. We leave in the morning for our respective journeys. Mister Ford, Mister Gangari, I suggest you gather your friends and get some rest."

  3. - Top - End - #243
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Gamblerjoe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    Ford
    "Then we set out at dawn! Ford will find your druid no problem!"

    After a few more mugs of ale, and some flexing for his new friends, Ford heads back to his hut, knowing he will rest well on his full belly. Before turning in, he lays out his breastplate and white furs. He sets his falchion, which he honed while waiting for the feast to start, next to his sleeping area, safe in its scabbard.

  4. - Top - End - #244
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    drakir_nosslin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Uppsala, Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    Fengr

    The totemist finds himself in a feast once more, the second one in a short time, and he tries to enjoy it as much as he can, even though he likes the company of the stars more than loud warriors.
    After the battle against the gnolls he had felt tired and dizzy, probably from blood loss, and he had helped where he could in cleaning out the camp before falling asleep in one of the wagons on their way back to Cairndal.
    Now he was hearing how the group of former prisoners were splitting up and he could not help it but feel a little sad, they had experienced much together and he would miss them as friends.
    "If that is how the council wants it, I will not protest."
    He says to the druid. Then he turns to the rest of the group.
    "Aldi, Kjersti, Valgard. We shared much during our time together, and I hope to see you again in this life. But I know that we will feast together again in Valhall. Until then, take care and may the gods guide you to the best of battles."
    The sky's the sky wherever you go. People are people.
    Cogito ergo cogito
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm, pg 140
    An ashworm can be an asset in the dessert
    More ashworm recipes coming next week!
    Crazy Awesome Avatar by Balford!

  5. - Top - End - #245
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cleavon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    Everyone

    News is brought by Fengr, Boren and Ford to the group outside the feast hall. With the word that they depart in the morning, Agliaz, Gunnar, Korack, Janick, Ford and Fengr are all told they can sleep in the feast hall, beds being prepared and the feast cleared away at that very moment.

    Aldi, Kjersti and Valgard spend their night sleeping restlessly, unsure what is happening back home and eager to get there to lend a hand.

    In the morning the two groups part ways, One back to Brummundal and the stalwart heroes pressing onward to the north and east. The trade road is wide and solid, and once the party meets it the traveling goes by much easier. It is a full three day ride to Selnord, and the meeting with Fafnal the druid.

    At the end of the second day, camp is made in the cleft under a large mound of rock. It is higher than the surrounding countryside, the wind harsh but the rocks allowing you a fire to push away the cold. To the east the shadow of a great pillar can be made out. It is the trunk of Yggdrasil, the world tree. As the sun sets its color turns more to that of its bark, and then it is lost in the dusk of night.

    The journey nears its end, a mere few miles left before Selnord, and when you crest a hill the countryside is spread out before your eyes. The trade road cuts through soft rolling hills, the ground dusted with snow. To the east a few hundred yards a hawk circles, diving down every now and again.

  6. - Top - End - #246
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Daravon_35's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    Korack points out towards the hawk, "There! There's Fafnal's hawk." Korack smiled to himself and thought, hopefully the rest of their journey would be this easy.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Sorry for not posting for a bit, was hoping the party leader or someone who's been around longer then me would, but I'll definitely get the ball rolling if I can.

  7. - Top - End - #247
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Gamblerjoe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    Ford
    "The Hawk! Yeah! Were supposed to go to the Hawk!" Ford cheerfully follows Korack down the hill to meet the guardian of this area. He keeps his eyes open for danger as they head off trail into the fluffy snow.

  8. - Top - End - #248
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cleavon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    The snow is easy to walk through, and only as deep as the bottom laces of your boots. The fluffy stuff peels away from your tromping footsteps as you make your way into the soft rolling hills, Fafnals hawk a beacon leading the party towards his location.

    Once cresting the last hill a strange sight unfolds before the party. A great worm like beast, with white scales and large frills running down its back circles about a medium height man with feathers adorning his cloak. The snow around the roaring beast seems to melt away and dissolve into water.

    The beast lunges forward, its many legs carrying it with some speed at the druid, and its mouth gapes wide. The druid is engulfed by that fiendish mouth, and as the worm like beast rears back he can be seen being swallowed down its gullet.

    Current Positions
    Spoiler
    Show

  9. - Top - End - #249
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Minnesota, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    "The beast has eaten the druid!" Janick shouts thrusting his spear forward. "Kill the foul thing!"

    Once Janick is able to react he moves forward and to the right 20ft to D15 and casts Bull's Strength on himself increasing his strength to 22.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative:

    (1d20-1)[19]

  10. - Top - End - #250
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    vikingofdoom's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    That mighty beast must be slain now! Don't let it escape with the druid! Agilaz shouts to the others, pulling out his bow and firing off a shot.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20+9)[21], draw bone bow, arrow: (1d20+11)[15] to hit, (1d10+6)[7] damage, (1d20+11)[22] to confirm if threatening a crit.
    Thanks to Vrythas for the awesome Myrddraal avatar.

  11. - Top - End - #251
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Gamblerjoe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    Ford
    "Kill the beast!"

    Ford begins sprinting full speed toward the worm-like creature.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Run action
    speed = 20 x 3 (in medium armor)
    end turn in K-19

  12. - Top - End - #252
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Daravon_35's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    May the great spirits protect him! We have to slay that thing now!" Korack roars, as if an animal has been unleashed inside him. Then with as much quickness as he can muster he rushes forward, snow being kicked up behind him as he hurries.

    Finally he stops in his tracks as his eyes scan the battlefield, trying to focus on the great monstrosity. "I hope there's still enough vegetation for this to work..." Korack seems to say to himself. As soon he stops speaking a slow, almost eerie, chanting starts to come from inside him. Soon spirits seem to appear and glimmer about him, all varying shades of green.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Korack will move forward as far as he can to F-14, then he will cast Entangle on the monster. Range is 400ft+ and area is 40ft, so he'll aim to have most of the spell hit behind the monster so as to not impede us as we approach it.

    Reflex DC 15 to avoid being entangled.

  13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Ipphli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    Gunnar

    Gunnar unsheathes his weapon as he runs alongside Ford, hurrying to kill the beast, praying they can save the druid.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Run, end in K20
    Last edited by Ipphli; 2011-03-21 at 09:40 PM.
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

    Avatar by Ninjaman

  14. - Top - End - #254
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cleavon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    Current Positions
    Spoiler
    Show


    Agilaz fires his bow, and the flies wide of the creatures thrashing body as it moves to intercept the charging warriors. Vines and roots jut from the snow around the creature in a large area, going far behind it. The monster seemed slow to move through the area, but its managed to keep itself free of the entangling vegetation.

    The worm like creature hisses in rage and darts forward, snapping its jaws at Ford.

    Attack!
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+13)[32]
    [roll[2d8+12[/roll]


    The monster manages to scrape its powerful fangs down Fords side with its quick lunging motion, and as it rears back the battering of the Half-orc is apparent, a mighty blow that rocked him to the side and drew blood to run down his leg.

    Ford
    Spoiler
    Show
    Take 25 damage. Ouch!

  15. - Top - End - #255
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Minnesota, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    Janick moves to H18 while mumbling a prayer to Oden ending it with loud curse aimed at the beast.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Janick Casts Curse of Ill Fortune (Will Save DC 18 or the monster will take -3 on attacks, saves, ability checks, and skills).

  16. - Top - End - #256
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    vikingofdoom's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    Agilaz fires another arrow, aiming for the head of the beast.

    Attack: (1d20+11)[16], damage (1d10+6)[8]

    Would Know(nature) identify what we are fighting, if so use (1d20+12)[29] as the check to determine our opponent.
    Thanks to Vrythas for the awesome Myrddraal avatar.

  17. - Top - End - #257
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Gamblerjoe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    Ford

    As the creature's mighty jaws clamp down on Ford, he raises his sword. "Strudder grant me strength!" With a mighty roar he bears down with his weapon.
    Falchion
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rage: round 1/11
    HP: 41/66
    power attack for 5
    Attack: (1d20+8)[19] Damage: (2d4+20)[23]
    If possible crit:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Confirm: (1d20+8)[24] Add: (2d4+20)[27]

  18. - Top - End - #258
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Daravon_35's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    Korack stands still in the snow as he begins to chant once more. This time however it's much louder, emanating from deep inside him. His arms moved before him weaving intricate patterns in the air, as if he was drawing a map before his eyes. Again more chanting seemed to echo from within him, as the air around him hummed with a certain power slowly building up.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Korack will use Spontaneous Summoner to burn a Mass Snake's Swiftness to cast Summon Nature's Ally II. Full round spell casting. He'll summon a black bear to as close as the creature as he can. I think L 17 or 18.

  19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Ipphli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    Gunnar

    Gunnar flies into a rage as he sees his companion struck by the huge beast. He lets loose an inarticulate howl as he swings his sword at the beast's neck.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Attack (1d20+11)[23]
    Damage (2d6+8)[14]

    Crit Confirm (1d20+11)[19]
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

    Avatar by Ninjaman

  20. - Top - End - #260
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cleavon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    Fengr

    The crazed Totemist charges the creature.

    Attack!
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+10)[11]
    (1d4+5)[9]

  21. - Top - End - #261
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cleavon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    Current Positions
    Spoiler
    Show


    Agilaz once again finds no Purchase for his arrow, as the monster thrashes about. Janick feels energies stir about him as he directs a curse at the beast, and the waves of energy wash over the beast and it shudders feeling their effects.

    Ford slams his falchion deep into the creatures hide, and it roars in anguish, blasting he and Gunnar with air that is near hot enough to burn. Ford then feels heat creeping up his arm, and is forced to let go of the hilt of his now twisted and melted falchion, the weapon completely destroyed.()

    Gunnar is able to rend the creature with his greatsword, but he feels it heating through instantly..and its fate is not yet determined...

    Koracks bear appears simultaneous with the druid Fafnal appearing near the rear of the creature. He is covered in sticky hot icor, and the wound seals near instantly, the druid stands and shakes himself off, weilding a small bone dagger in one hand.

    Roraing in defiance the creature swings forward and tis mouth comes closer to Gunnar this time...

    Attack!
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+10)[22]
    (2d8+12)[15]


    Gunnar feels the beasts great maw clamp down upon his forearms, and thrash upward, but he manages to keep his feet, suffering 15 damage.

  22. - Top - End - #262
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Minnesota, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    Janick moves forward to M18 and jabs the creature with a wicked thrust from his spear.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack with +1 Longspear.

    (1d20+11)[29]

    damage

    (1d8+10)[16]

  23. - Top - End - #263
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Gamblerjoe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    Ford

    ...drops his mangled falchion, and reaches into his haversack. "Sledge!" Gripping the hammer with both hands, he swings another powerful blow at the beast.
    Spoiler
    Show
    move action to retrieve the sledge (no AOO)


    Sledge
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rage: round 2/11
    HP: 41/66
    power attack for 5
    Attack: (1d20+7)[21] Damage: (1d8+20)[23]
    If nat 20:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Confirm: (1d20+7)[26] Add (1d8+20)[26]

  24. - Top - End - #264
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    vikingofdoom's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    Agilaz fires of another arrow, hoping for better luck this time. While firing, he calls upon Heimdall to help his arrow fly straight and true.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+11)[17]
    Confirmation (if nat. 20): (1d20+11)[22]
    Damage: (1d10+6)[16]
    Thanks to Vrythas for the awesome Myrddraal avatar.

  25. - Top - End - #265
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Daravon_35's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    Korack will once again move forward towards the massive beast as his newly summoned bear strikes out against it, hoping to wound it. As Korack again comes to rest in the snow just in front of Janick and a little behind Fengr he starts chanting. This time the chanting is quick and swift, almost invigorating as it carries his booming voice across the plains.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Korack will move to K-18 and cast Mass Snake's Swiftness centered on N-19, it's a 20ft radius and all allies immediately make one melee or ranged attack. So that should be everyone around the monster.

    Bear will do a full attack:
    Claw: (1d20+6)[18] Damage: (1d4+4)[7]
    Claw: (1d20+6)[8] Damage: (1d4+4)[7]
    Bite: (1d20+1)[14] Damage: (1d6+2)[3]

    Then from Snake's Swiftness another basic attack:
    Claw: (1d20+6)[18] Damage: (1d4+4)[6]

  26. - Top - End - #266
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cleavon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    The beast roars in pain and thrashes its body, a arrow from Agilaz finding a small chink in its plates and lodging inside, along with the smashing of the Sledge against its hide, and subsequent warping and cracking of the sledges metal head. The bear is able to find only the trashing tail to swat at and seems ineffectual, but the beast heaves to the side as if to burrow down under the ground, and succumbs to Janicks spear thrust, shuddering and crumpling to a huge dead heap.

    The druid, Fafnal grins wide and straightens his now broken horned helmet and shakes his head, beginning to scrape sticky hot icor from his leather garments and only smearing it into the animal hides he wore draped over himself. He slipped his scimitar back into its sheath and took a look among the warriors who had come to his aid.

    "Why thank you for the assistance lads. My names Fafnal. Seems you all must have never seen a remorhaz before eh? powerful wurm..but you handled him well...weapons look pretty worse for wear there eh?

    Thinking for a moment he called his hawk, which flew down to perch upon his shoulder, and he leaned up to speak with the animal for a moment.

    "Ah, Krieger here says you came from the south...I spoke with Tehjnar through divination a day or so ago. He mentioned another group heading in my direction...you boys happen to be the ones?"

  27. - Top - End - #267
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Gamblerjoe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    Ford

    "Thank the gods, friend, I thought you were dun fer. Looks like it got me blade and a perfectly good sledge though. We be yer heroes. Im Ford."

  28. - Top - End - #268
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Daravon_35's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    Korack finishes moving up to the where the great beast had once been, arriving to see those who were already there well, but a little battle-worn. "Thank Odin you're all alright!" He lets bellow from deep within him.

    Then turning to the druid Fafnal and nodding in respect, "Grand to meet you Fafnal, my name is Korack and Ford speaks true. We are indeed the ones Tehjnar mentioned."

  29. - Top - End - #269
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    vikingofdoom's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    Agilaz walks up to the druid and his hawk, collecting any arrows he finds on the way. On route, he mutters Thank the watcher we all made it through this alive. Once he arrives, he greets the druid, calling out Well met, friend. I am Agilaz.
    Thanks to Vrythas for the awesome Myrddraal avatar.

  30. - Top - End - #270
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Minnesota, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Guardians of Asgaard!!!

    "Thank Oden you've survived the foul beast's attack!" Janick says. "Do you or any of the rest of us need any healing magick?"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •