New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: Deathwatch - A Prize Most Valuable (IC)

Onissius tries now to take down the remaining heretics
    Attack (1d100)[41] vs 41
    Dmg (1d10+16)[7](23)

"This basilisk is almost ready to engage in long range battle again" he reports over the com-link
    Last edited by Narmoth; 2010-12-13 at 05:31 PM.
    check out my metal band: http://www.facebook.com/Dreamslain

Wash: "Sweetie, we're crooks. If everything were right, we'd be in jail."

2. - Top - End - #272
    Bugbear in the Playground

Zombie

Tristan, Kaeste, Svari and Onissius
    Spoiler
    Show
    Onissius arcs his Force Blade towards the remaining Heretics and nearly misses them, however the spillage of blood and the screams of the burning souls of the Heretics is proof enough that Onissius' sacred blade has connected to Heretical flesh. The vile servants of Chaos keel over and bleed to death in seconds, leaving the Basilisk a sickly shade of dark crimson.

(1 Mag Damage. Horde is destroyed. There is still the Heretic and the Militia Hordes to deal with)

It is Tristan's Turn.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground

Upon seeing his target explode into a fireball before him, Alyxander draws his vehicle to a halt. He speaks into the vox to the Sergeant, "This is Battle Brother Alyxander of the Deathwatch. What is the status of the Fortress?" he says as he turns his vehicle back around to join the fray.
    Quote Originally Posted by Who
    Loving that fluff, loving it so much. If that fluff was a person I'd marry it.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Orc in the Playground

Tristan watched as the last enemy Basilisk on the East side of the Fortress exploded, and allowed himself a grim smile of satisfaction. "Excellent shot Brother Kaestre. Reload, we take out these bottom feeding scum next.

Brothers Svari and Onissius, remount on the Basilisk and reverse away from the enemy. Open the range and engage with Earthshakers and Heavy Bolters. The extra ammo is on top of the hull, next to the hatch."

Tristan switched targets, engaging the still charging Heretics.

Spoiler
    Show
    Suppressing fire on the Heretics. BS 44 +30 Size, +10 Range, -20 Hard, -20 Target Running. Need a 44 or less. (1d100)[45], Target needs a -20 Pinning Test.

He listened to the Fortress' broadcast and was content to concentrate on the task at hand while Brother Alyxander liaised with the Guardsmen.
    Thanks to Kpenguin for the Superb Avatar.

Deathwatch Characters
    Sven Carlson, Alistayr
    Tristan Weylin, Mikael
    Master of the Forge, Hephaestus Faust, Gwain

5. - Top - End - #275

Zombie

There is a brief pause on the Vox. "You are Space Marines? Emperor be praised! We knew some might of been dropped in to combat the Chaos Marine scum, but we did not expect some to be dropped here and now! You'll have to excuse me if I don't recognise the Deathwatch Chapter, my lord. I was briefed only on a handful of Chapters I might see in my posting here, although that briefing was limited. The Fortress is secure, my lord. Our walls have taken heavy damage, especially to the North; but they have held fast against the Enemy. The gate to the North has been blocked by wreckage of our tanks; taken out by the scum manning our Basilisks. We have taken many casualties and most of our wall defences have been destroyed. If you had not shown up, my lord, I doubt we would have held against such an onslaught. You have the thanks of me and my men. The Khazant 52nd Irregulars and the Karlak 101st Grenadiers are at your disposal."

Spoiler
    Show
    (Hard Pinning Test - WP = 40 - 20 + 37 = 57 vs (1d100)[95]. Testing to see if the Militia regain their will to charge. WP = 35 + 37 = 72 vs (1d100)[79]. - Both fail)

Tristan's bullets rake the ground in front of the Heretics and a couple have their legs blown off and tumble to the ground. The few that die does not impact the general size of the Horde, however. Having said that, it is enough to give pause to the Heretics would halt their advance and retreat away again.

(Horde is Pinned, Half Action retreat 3m away from Tristan. 29m away.)

The Militia continue to retreat away slowly again, their courage at continuing this advance dwindling, despite only minor losses.

(Half Action Move 3m away from Tristan. 50m away.)

It is Kaeste's Turn.
    Last edited by The Commander; 2010-12-15 at 11:04 AM.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ogre in the Playground

"Your assistance will no doubt be a boon to us, but first we must end the remaining resistance. From your vantage point, what is the status of the Enemy?" Alyxander stops the Basilisk, and begins the arduous task of reloading it.

7. - Top - End - #277

Zombie

"There are two large groups of heretical scum to the East of the Fortress, charging towards two stationary Basilisks. Their progress is being hindered by Heavy Bolter fire from one Basilisk. No doubt your Brothers, my lord?" Replies the Sergeant.

8. - Top - End - #278

"Understood, Brother." Sending a pulse of thought down the mechandendrite, he hefted another Earthshaker road and muscled it into the breach. One last shot, and then you can rest.

9. - Top - End - #279

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    Kaeste locks the shell in the breech and the machine spirits, through their tortured whispers, relay a successful load. (Basilisk reloaded, shot needs to be spotted for before firing)

It is Svari's Turn.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Barbarian in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"Thank you for the ammunition, Brother Tristan. It will be put to good use." Svari shouts to his brother in arms as he opens the hatch to the Basilisk's Heavy Bolter and loads the newly acquired to the weaker but nonetheless deadly mortal weapon.

11. - Top - End - #281

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    Svari feeds the bolter ammunition from the box into the Heavy Bolter and slams home the locking mechanism. The weapon is ready to fire.

It is Onissius' Turn.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground

"Lend what fire you can to aid those Basilisks, these scum should be routed shortly." Alyxander commands over the vox, to his comrades he says, "I am en-route to your position, brothers." he says, closing the breach of the Earthshaker before jumping back into the drivers seat and gunning the engine towards the remaining heretics.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Onissius fires the basilisk at the heretics horde
    (1d100)[95]
    drive ground vehicle 34, don't know the size of the horde bonus to hit, but it's a miss anyway
    as the slug flies misses totally, he smiles
    "Well, it's a good thing I never applied for that cannoneer position in the imperial guard back home...."
    Last edited by Narmoth; 2011-01-05 at 05:35 AM.

14. - Top - End - #284

Zombie

(Unspoilered since you can all hear/see the shot being fired)

The shell fired by Onissius is aimed too high and sails over the heads of the Heretics and the Militia. It detonates behind them, throwing mud and dirt all over the rear ranks, but otherwise leaving them unharmed.

It is Tristan's Turn to Act.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Orc in the Playground

"I am sure you shall brother." Tristan replied to Svari as he raked suppressive fire across the retreating heretics.

Spoiler
    Show
    Suppressing fire on the Heretics. BS 44 +30 Size, +10 Range, -20 Hard. Need a 64 or less. (1d100)[3], Target needs a -20 Pinning Test.

Nice, a good roll, and the target is no longer running.

4 Hits +1 type X, +1 Power Armour History =6 Mag damage.
    Last edited by Ceridan; 2011-01-06 at 07:21 PM.
    Thanks to Kpenguin for the Superb Avatar.

Deathwatch Characters
    Sven Carlson, Alistayr
    Tristan Weylin, Mikael
    Master of the Forge, Hephaestus Faust, Gwain

16. - Top - End - #286

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    Heavy Bolter shells roar across the plains from Tristan's Basilisk's Heavy Bolter. Most of the shells impact the ground in front of the Heretic, but a few actually go so far as to cut down small sections of the front rank of the foul sevants of Chaos. The effect certainly persuades them from advancing any further for the time being and has the added bonus of having killed several dozen Heretics.

(Since Horde is already Pinned, Horde remains Pinned, 31 Mag Left)

(Renegade Militia automatically succeed Test to recover from Pinning, due to WP of 35 + Mag Bonus of 37 + 30 Easy Test (they weren't shot at last turn) = 102)

The Militia continue to retreat slowly, however with the fire focused on their Heretic allies they seem to be more than willing to renew their assault.

(Half Action Retreat 3m. Horde is 53m from Tristan. Horde is no longer Pinned)

The Heretics, having suffered casualties and still remaining under fire, continue to retreat away from the source of the barrage of bullets.

(Half Action Retreat 3m. Horde is 32m from Tristan. Horde is Pinned)

Kaeste surveys the battlefield for a moment, no doubt calculating his next move.

Svari opens up with his Basilisk's Heavy Bolter. Most of the shots miss, Svari apparently having trouble adjusting his aim to compensate for the way the Heavy Bolter is mounted. Still, two shells find bodies to destroy and the result shrapnel kills a handful more of the Heretics.

(2 hits + 1 X = 3 Mag Damage, Horde is at 28 Mag)

It is Onissius' Turn to Act.
    Last edited by The Commander; 2011-01-13 at 06:52 PM.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Onissius reloads the basilisk

18. - Top - End - #288

Zombie

(Since everyone is now back together, more or less, there's no need to spoiler things)

Onissius hefts the large Basilisk shell into the gun chamber and closes the hatch. He now has to spot the new firing co-ordinates.

Tristan merely surveys the battlefield from inside the Basilisk's drivers cab.

The Renegade Militia continue their charge towards the Basilisks.

(Full Action Run 18m towards Tristan and Kaeste's Basilisk. 35m from the Basilisk. Due to their direction, they are 25m away from Azirel (they haven't spotted him yet))

The Heretics continue to retreat a little into the front ranks of the Militia, although they look ready to follow them in their charge.

(Half Action Retreat 3m away from the Basilisks. 35m away. Test to break from Pinning = 40 + 28 (Mag) = 68 vs (1d100)[41])

It is Kaeste's Turn.
    Last edited by The Commander; 2011-01-18 at 12:32 PM.

19. - Top - End - #289

A cathartic scream of rage echoed through the machine spirit as the shot struck home. Kaeste reverently withdrew the mechandendrite from the neural link with a solemn invocation on his lips. The basilisk was done in this fight. Whether a subsequent cleansing would manage to bring it back into the Omnissiah's light was something he would likely never know, but the beast had served the Omnissiah and the Emperor honorably this day. His raised his bolter and took several steps out the cabin, firing as he went, eager to finish this fight and proceed with their most important mission.

Spoiler
    Show

Single shot against the approaching militia unit. BS 56 + 10(Close range) = 66 vs (1d100)[49]

Is there a bonus to hit against Hordes below 30 magnitude?

20. - Top - End - #290

Zombie

Kaeste's Bolter roars once and delivers it's most holy shell screaming towards the Militia. The shell strikes home into the body of one Renegade and continues through several more before detonating inside one and sending shrapnel into those next to him.

(No bonus to hit Hordes under 30 I'm afraid, you can't fire as indiscriminately, 1 hit + 1 X damage = 2 Mag Damage. Horde is at 35 Mag)

It is Svari's Turn to Act.

21. - Top - End - #291

Zombie

Svari lets off another burst from his Heavy Bolter, although the limited vision the firing slit provides causes all the shots to miss the Heretics.

It is Onissius' Turn.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Onissius turns the basilisk around to aim it at the horde

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Narmoth; 2011-01-22 at 06:21 AM.

23. - Top - End - #293

Zombie

(You'll need to spend a Full Action adjusting firing co-ordinates before you can fire I'm afraid. Think of it as Full Round Aiming, just without the benefits of Full Round Aiming.)

24. - Top - End - #294

Zombie

(Hadn't realised Narmoth had edited his actions)

Onissius aim's the Basilisk's barrel at the Heretics, it is ready to fire next turn.

The Militia continue to charge forward, edging ever closer to your Basilisks.

(Full Action Run 18m. Militia are 17m away from the Basilisks (and Azirel))

The Heretics also charge with the Militia, screaming foul blasphemies and waving their swords in the air.

(Full Action Run 18m. Heretics are also 17m away)

It is Kaeste's Turn.

25. - Top - End - #295

Kaeste crouched behind the canopies rail and sighted his bolter at the oncoming mob. A whispered cantrip, and then he opened fire, bolter roaring on full auto.

Spoiler
    Show

BS 56 + 20 (Full Auto) - 20 (Running) + 30 (Magnitude) + 10 (Close Range) = 96 vs (1d100)[60]

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

Alyxander finishes adjusting the barrel of the Earthshaker, now aimed at the horde rushing his Battle Brothers, he makes some last minute alterations to ensure his Brothers will be out of the blast radius, "Emperor guide this shell, purge the unclean!" there's a loud boom as he depresses the firing control, sending the Earthshaker shell screaming towards the heretics.
    Spoiler
    Show

Drive (GV): (1d100)[92] vs 48
    Last edited by Bowerbird; 2011-01-25 at 04:27 AM.

27. - Top - End - #297

Zombie

Kaeste's Bolter roars vengance towards the incoming Militia. Each shell finds a mark and buries itself through several bodies before detonating. The Militia continue to press forward undeterred though.

(4 hits + 1 X = 5 Mag Damage. Horde is at 30 Mag)

Alyxander prepares to fire the Basilisk and quickly makes a last minute alteration before sending the shell screaming across the battlefield. The shell detonates just about inside the rear ranks of the Heretics the Militia; sending bodies flying everywhere and covering the front ranks and indeed, Alyxander's Brothers, in body parts. The Militia look less than keen to keep up the assault with a Basilisk flanking their rear, although the Heretics, hell bent on obtaining blood and vengance, don't seem to care.

(Since Heretics and the Militia are close together, the shell would definately hit a mixture of both. So roughly 12 Mag Damage each. Both must test to break. Militia WP = 35 vs (1d100)[89] - They break. Heretic WP = 40 - 10 (-50% Mag) = 30 vs (1d100)[19] - They maintain their sanity. Militia is at 18 Mag. Heretics are at 16 Mag.)

It is Svari's Turn.
    Last edited by The Commander; 2011-01-26 at 09:42 AM.

28. - Top - End - #298

Zombie

Svari, with the Heretics getting closer, scores several more hits than his last burst of fire and fells over a third of the remaining servants of Chaos; each dead Heretics tumbling to a bloody heap on the ground.

(5 Hits + 1 X = 6 Mag Damage. Horde is at 10 Mag)

It is Onissius' Turn.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Onissius fires his bolter at the Militia
    (1d100)[69] vs bs = 44, + short range + 10, horde magnitude 30 + 30
    Last edited by Narmoth; 2011-01-29 at 09:29 AM.

30. - Top - End - #300

Zombie

(The Heretics are too close to fire the Basilisk I'm afraid. Minimum firing distance for the Basilisk is 50m (and I'm sure that's being generous!) and the Heretics are 17m away from you.)