New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: Deathwatch - A Prize Most Valuable (IC)

Spoiler
    Show
    "Initiative - (1d10+4)[8]
    Svari will be in solo mode and using the Wolf Senses ability.
    More text to come after class.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

Zombie

Charon:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You still possess doubts about your Brother's capabilities and for now would prefer to act on your own. (Roll Initiative, however miss your first Turn)

3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground

Immediately seeing the approaching heretics, Charon wastes no further time. Spitting a tongue of flame a meter long, his heavy bolter sends hot death speeding into their midst.

Enabling his external audio, Charon roars at the approaching horde. "For the Lion!"

Spoiler
    Show

Fated reroll in ooc. Spent a Fate point to auto-join Squad mode.

Initiative
    (1d10+4)[6]

BS: 48 + 20 (full auto) + 10 (short range) + 30 (size?) : 108
    (1d100)[52]

Assuming size modifier is correct, that is 6 + 1 (explosive) * 2 (unrelenting devastation) = 14 magnitude.

Unless told otherwise, I'm assuming that the heavy bolter doesn't need to roll damage for firing at a horde (min damage of 12 + Pen 6 requires a hefty soak). If that is ever not the case (horde of Traitor Marines? ), let me know.
    Last edited by Executus; 2010-10-07 at 08:10 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Active Characters:
    Dark Heresy -Nixios Darktide
    Deathwatch -Devastator Charon - Assault Marine Arkio

GM'ing Deathwatch:
    It's the Fi-nal Sanction!

4. - Top - End - #34

Zombie

Charon:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your doubts in your Brothers evapourate at the sight of the heretics and you trust them to cleanse these heretics with you. (Yup, the horde is Massive, so +30. Once initiative order has been decided I'll take that as your turn)

5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground

Tristan disembarks, moving to secure the drop zone as per the Codex Astartes, with a quick prayer to him on Earth. ”Thanks to the Golden throne for the safe delivery of his avenging angels to the appointed field.” Sweeping his bolter left to right in one hand, he uses the Auspex to aid his perceptual awareness.

Upon hearing Brother Charon’s Heavy Bolter roar to life Tristan turns to engage the enemy. ”Contact, heretic scum. Svari take the left flank. Azirel take the right. Everyone else form a firing line on Charon’s position,” he calmly orders over the vox.

Spoiler
    Show

As a free action Cohesion challenge: (1d10)[5] Successful
    Initiative check:(1d10+4)[10]
    Last edited by Ceridan; 2010-10-08 at 02:43 AM.
    Thanks to Kpenguin for the Superb Avatar.

Deathwatch Characters
    Sven Carlson, Alistayr
    Tristan Weylin, Mikael
    Master of the Forge, Hephaestus Faust, Gwain

6. - Top - End - #36

With a quick thanks to the machine spirit of the drop-pod, Kaeste withdrew a mechadendrite from a port on the mighty beast where he'd communed with it to eke every ounce of power from the pod's thrusters and ensuring the spirit guided the squad to a safe landing, and grabbed his bolter, servo-arm hauling him out of the pod as he blessed and loaded his bolter. "Let no obstacle stay your wrath nor any armor hinder your fiery rage against His Enemies in all their forms." As his body left the drop-pod his bolter snapped up into firing position, auspex wailing in time with the roar of the oncoming hoard.

Spoiler
    Show

Cohesion Challenge (1d10)[6]
    Initiative Check (1d10+4)[8]

7. - Top - End - #37

SamuraiGuy

Svari steps calmly from the drop pod and takes a moment to feel the wind on his face before readying his Bolter and feeling his senses adjust the darkness around him. He is alerted by the shout of the heretic scum and shouts, "Heretics! And just as I was enjoying the fresh air."

Upon hearing Tristan's order he responds, Acknowledged Brother, this scum shall feel our wrath." He circles to the left of the horde and fires his weapon.

Spoiler
    Show
    Firing the Bolter on Semi-Auto while making a Half-Move (+0 BS) at Short Range (+10 BS) at Massive target (+30 BS) using the Metal Storm Rounds (Reduce Penetration by 2 & add the Blast (2) quality).
    "BS Test" - (1d100)[96] vs. 84.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

As soon as the drop pod lands, Onissius checks his gear and steps out of the pod
    He then notices the heretics and hears the command and takes up position
    Initiative: (1d10+3)[5](8)
    "Taking up position." he states calmly
    Cohesion challenge: (1d10+3)[9](12)
    Onissius fires his bolter: (1d10+4)[7](11)
    "Thank you for the heartwarming welcome" he shouts back at the horde
    Last edited by Narmoth; 2010-10-09 at 01:50 AM.
    check out my metal band: http://www.facebook.com/Dreamslain

Wash: "Sweetie, we're crooks. If everything were right, we'd be in jail."

9. - Top - End - #39

Zombie

Onissius
    Spoiler
    Show
    (OCC: I'm not sure how you came up with those rolls, although I'll try and decipher them for you.

Your initiative is 1d10 + your agility bonus, which in this case is 4, not 3. You therefore have 9 for initiative.

As for the cohesion challenge (P.212) it is simply a 1d10, trying to beat your squad's current cohesion (in this case 7). You could spend a fate point if you want to enter it automatically... As for your roll, you rolled a 9, failing the challenge. You can either spend a fate point and enter Squad Mode automatically (and continue as normal on your turn) or you'll miss your turn (see Changing Modes, P.214).

And I'm not sure how you managed to come up with that Bolter roll... you first need to specify what actions you are taking (such as Half Action aiming and then Shooting, Firing on Auto, Going Prone, etc. A list of actions can be found on P.237 along with their descriptions). After that, you need to roll to hit. Only if you manage to hit the horde successfully do you do damage and even then you do not roll for it in the way you do single enemies (let me worry about that, if you doubt me, just check P.359).)

Ok, Initiative Order is:

Azizel (14)
    Alyxander (11)
    Tristan (10) - Turn Specified
    Onissius (9) - Turn Specified
    Kaeste (8) - Wins Initiative over Svari with an Agility of 42 to 40
    Svari (8) - Turn Already Specified (as well as next turn)
    Charon (6) - Turn Already Specified
    Chaos Heretic Horde (5)

Brothers currently in Squad Mode:

Charon
    Kaeste
    Tristan
    Onissius
    Azizel

Azizel, it is your turn to go first.
    Last edited by The Commander; 2010-10-09 at 08:13 AM.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

I guess Onissius spends a fate point then
    Last edited by Narmoth; 2010-10-08 at 05:05 AM.

11. - Top - End - #41

Zombie

Onissius
    Spoiler
    Show
    You leave the drop pod full of confidence in your own psychic abilities and wargear; believing that you can easily overcome the foe by yourself. However you quickly think better of that and decide it would be better to co-ordinate with your Brothers to maximise the destruction of the Enemy. (You are now in Squad Mode and may act as normal on your Turn)

(Updating initiative and squad mode list in my post above)
    Last edited by The Commander; 2010-10-08 at 07:37 AM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Orc in the Playground

Tristan walks over to a position near brother Charon and snaps off a short, controlled burst at the rabble as he does.

Spoiler
    Show

On Tristan’s initiative (10) he walks five meters toward brother Charon, looking be gain a position about 3 metres off to one side and 1 metre forward to minimize blast damage if the enemy starts throwing grenades. As he moves he fires a semi-auto burst of standard bolt rounds from his Bolter.

BS of 44 plus 10 for short range, plus 30 for enemy size, +0 for semi-auto on the move = 84. (1d100)[35]

Two hits.
    Normal Damage is 3d10, take the best 2d10 +5 with a 5 pen.
    Magnitude Damage is 2, +1 for X type damage, +1 for Power Armour History for a total of 4.
    Last edited by Ceridan; 2010-10-08 at 11:27 AM.

Deathwatch Characters
    Sven Carlson, Alistayr
    Tristan Weylin, Mikael

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Trying to get the rolls and actions right this time:
    Onissius takes a half action move to take up place in the firing line
    he then takes a half action to shoot one shot at the horde, who I gather is at close range which I believe gives me an additional +10
    Onissius ballistic skill is 44
    (1d100)[67]
    So he misses unless there's some additional bonus when shooting at a horde
    Last edited by Narmoth; 2010-10-08 at 12:12 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44

"Acknowledged, Tristan, moving to cover the right flank immediatelly. May the Emperor guide our hand.", Azirel voxes as the adrenaline starts pumping, and his eagerness to get into action threatens to overwhelm him.

Azirel, following Tristan's orders, makes sure he covers the right flank and remains in his designated position within the squad, trying to thin the oncoming heretics a bit before meeting them head on with his trusted chainsword.

Spoiler
    Show
    Squad cohesion test (1d10)[10] vs 7 (will spend a FP in case i fail the roll)
    Edit: Fate point spent, 2 left.
    Aim and shoot with bolt-pistol, using normal ammo: BS 42+10(aim/half action)+10(red-dot laser sight)+30 (massive target)=92: (1d100)[89] vs 92
    I think i suceed even marginally.
    Damage: 1 (for 1 hit)+ 1 (for X quality of bolt pistol)= 2 damage to horde's magnitude if i'm correct.
    Sorry for delay and editing but it's my first time with Deathwatch rules and my uncertainty takes the better of me.
    Last edited by Calimos; 2010-10-08 at 12:52 PM.
    Arbitrator Reinhart avatar, courtesy of LCP.

My other avatars.

Spoiler
    Show

Ordo Xenos Inquisitor, courtesy of Araveugnitsuga.

Warden of Divisio Immoralis, courtesy of The_Architect.

WotS group by LCP

Quote Originally Posted by Daisuke1133 View Post
    Calimos, I wish I had even half your talent for verbosity.

15. - Top - End - #45

Zombie

Onissius
    Spoiler
    Show
    (OOC: Short Range is indeed +10, the Horde is also Massive, meaning you gain a bonus of +30. However, you mentioned that you removed your helmet upon leaving the pod. Without your helmet, you do not have the Dark Sight ability and you therefore incur the -30 penalty for shooting at a target in darkness (as it is night). Since you're fairly new to the rules and that's an easy thing to overlook, I'll allow you to actually still have your helmet on if you choose to)

Azizel
    Spoiler
    Show
    (OOC: That's not a problem. I intended to deal with Hordes straight away, not only to showcase the devastation, but to show you how to handle them mechanically before continuing. You're quite correct, 2 points of magnitude damage)

Drawing a bead on the closest heretic with your red-dot sight, your press the trigger on your Bolt Pistol and it roars once, sending blessed death hurtling towards the Enemy. The Bolt shell slams home into a heretic and continues to travel through several others as well. Not only that, but the explosive nature of the shell takes out a few adjacent heretic scum.

Brother Azizel aims at the foul heretics briefly before letting loose a single shot from his Bolt Pistol. The shell slams into a heretic and continues to travel through several others. Not only that, but heretics adjacent to those directly shot cough and collapse dead due to the shrapnel.

(Horde's Magnitude = 48 It is now Alxyander's Turn)
    Last edited by The Commander; 2010-10-09 at 07:24 AM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Alyxander climbs forth from the drop pod. Upon sighting the foul heretics' aproach he looks to his squad mates, but is struck by how he has never been in true combat with them before, and is uneasy. Instead he hefts his Bolter, aims his sights at the horde, chambers his clip of Metal Storm rounds and opens fire.
    Spoiler
    Show

BS: (1d100)[40] vs 43 (+10 Red Dot, +10 Bolter Mastery, +30 Massive Target = 93)
    Damage: (2d10+7)[6][6](19) (Metal Storm gives Blast(2), if this is helpful I'll use it, otherwise standard will do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Who
    Loving that fluff, loving it so much. If that fluff was a person I'd marry it.

17. - Top - End - #47

Zombie

Alyxander
    Spoiler
    Show
    (OOC: Please in future specify what actions you are taking, as it avoids confusion on my behalf (such as Half Action Move, Half Action Single Shot, etc). You passed your Cohesion Test, beating 7, so you are therefore in Squad Mode. That means, however, that you do not benefit from Bolter Mastery (P.85), as it only functions in Solo Mode.)

Despite the unease, especially as one of your Brothers is a psyker, you put your trust in them and join their assault on the heretics. You fire a Metal Storm round from your Bolter at the heretics. Just before the shell hits one of the heretics it explodes forward, sending deadly hot frag into the Chaos scum. Dozens of heretics splutter and keel over dead. (Single hit (1) + Explosive (1) + Blast (2) = 4 Magnitude Damage, and yes, anything with a Blast factor is extremely useful against hordes, the horde loses additional magnitude per blast radius, so in this case it lost 2 extra magnitude).

Tristan
    Spoiler
    Show
    You move into the desired position just in front and to the right of your Brother, letting off a burst of shots as you do. The machine spirits of your armor seem to channel the destructive nature of the shells, as if whispering to the weapon in your hands, and both shells roar through the ranks of the unholy with deadly results. What was once two straight lines of roaring heretics is now two straight lines of dead and bleeding heretics, writhing on the ground in pain, a rather large hole in their bodies. Several heretics next to the lines also collapse to the ground dead; their armor and faces decorated with now crimson metal shards of shrapnel. (4 Magnitude Damage)

Onissius
    Spoiler
    Show
    (OOC: Remember you need to choose your starting psychic powers. I thought you already had done, but was mistaken. You can find them on P.81)

You move up to join your Brothers in their assault on the foul scum of Chaos. However your, perhaps, overfidence with removing your helmet proves to be your downfall. Unable to clearly see targets in the darkness, you misjudge the distance of the heretics and fire a shot at a lower trajectory than your Brothers. Unknown to you, you do actually a hit a grimy and blood soaked heretic in the leg, blowing it off completely and killing him in a matter of seconds due to the shock. However one heretic is nothing compared to the mass of them behind him.

In the few split seconds upon leaving the pod and spotting the heretics, large numbers of the ranks closest to you have fallen to your onslaught of holy fire. You stand in a glorious firing line, united as one, aside from Brother Svari, although nonetheless lends a hand to your efforts. The unholy horde still looks as determined as ever though.

(Horde's Magnitude = 40, All Brothers, aside from Brother Svari who chose to remain in Solo Mode, are now in Squad Mode. It is Kaeste's turn to act)

18. - Top - End - #48

Kaeste nods with satisfaction as his Battle Brothers scythe down the first line of the onrushing heretics and then adds his own fire to the fray, his bolter's venerated machine spirit seeming to grunt with satisfaction as each shot spews forth.

Spoiler
    Show

Full-Auto Burst, so BS of 56 + 30 for Massive + 20 for Full-Auto + 10 for short range = 116.

(1d100)[49]

So that's at least 3 degrees of success, resulting in 4 hits.
    Last edited by Arcanoi; 2010-10-10 at 02:55 PM.

19. - Top - End - #49

Zombie

Kaeste
    Spoiler
    Show
    The flurry of shots from your Bolter each find a suitably foul heretic and rend their way through the mass of unclean bodies before finally coming to a bloody halt several dead heretics later. Several lines of the Chaos worshippers fall under your deadly burst or from the resulting shrapnel. (4 hits + 1 explosive = 5 Magnitude Damage)

Svari
    Spoiler
    Show
    You level your Bolter at the Enemy and pull the trigger. *Click* *Click* The magazine in your Bolter must have been shaken out of place during the drop and you curse as your gun jams. (Seeing as you've got a full round of Metal Storm ammunition in your Bolter and this is the very first time you've fired it, I'll allow you to keep your full clip after you've unjammed and reloaded the clip. Aren't I generous )

Charon
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last, but by no means least, your holy fire is added to that of your Brothers; having had to wait a split second for the ammunition to feed through your backpack. You direct your fire where the lines of heretic have not been touched yet and as you sweep your Heavy Bolter from left to right, you leave nothing but the bloody and broken bodies of heretic in your wake. By the time you release the trigger on your Heavy Bolter, scores of Chaos heretics lie dead and dying and you can't help but smile at the devastation caused by your trusted Heavy Bolter. (14 Magnitude Damage)

As your assault continues you hear the throaty booming of Brother Kaeste's Bolter next to you on Full Auto. You then hear a *click* *click*, originating somewhere in the direction of Svari. Those closest to the left flank hear a mumbled curse above the din of battle. The sound you hear next is the unmistakeable roar of a Heavy Bolter. Shells scream across the plain, cutting down scores of heretics like a righteous scythe of death. By the time the Heavy Bolter stops firing well over half the Chaos scum are dead or dying. A great tide of corpses paints the plain 50m or so away from you and the remaining heretics look to their fallen in a mixture of horror and anger.

(Horde is reduced to 21 Magnitude and was reduced by 25% from Charon's glorious Full Auto fire. The Horde must now test to become broken, however, becoming broken gives them the Fearless and Frenzy talents (they have the Blood Soaked Tide trait). It's Magnitude is also less than half it's starting Magnitude, so it does this test at -10. Horde's WP = 40 - 10 = 30 vs (1d100)[66] And they've broken! Sort of...)

The remains of the Horde begin frothing at the mouth at the possibility of death soon at hand. Fuelled by anger and a twisted mind brought on by Chaos, the remains of the Horde drop their guns and unsheath their blades, raising them high in the air with a mighty and insane roar. "DEATH TO THE ASTARTES! FOR CHAOS!" They scream and begin to wade through their fellow heretic's bodies, preparing to charge. (Free Action - Drop Autopistols, Half Action - Ready Monoedged Blade, Half Action - Advance towards you 3m)

It is now Azirel's Turn.
    Last edited by The Commander; 2010-10-10 at 04:01 PM.

20. - Top - End - #50

"Father Sanguinius guide my hand to smite down those vile heretics Allmighty Emperor grant me the strength to purge from the face of the planet those wretched heretics, those foul servants of the ruinous powers. Let it be an example set here by us for all eternity, that never will the forcees of chaos hold sway over your holy domain, over the worlds claimed by the glorious armies of Mankind. Let me be the arm of Your retribution, let me be the sword of Your vengeance as i deliver swift death to those vile of heart and impure of soul. Avert my thoughts from doubt, steel my soul with faith, grant me victory over the forces of damnation, send them back to whichever pit spawned them, for You are the Master of Mankind and the Bane of Chaos".

Azirel prays intensely, working up himself in a religious fervor of righteousness and then lets out a fierce and ear peircing warcry. In his hulking black power armor, wearing his mask-like angelic helmet, his trusted chainsword in hand whirring in anticipation of the carnage to follow, his soul seething with anger against those foul creatures that defy the God-Emperor and defile His domains, Azirel stands as the Emperor's fury manifest, readying himself to plunge headlong into the oncoming horde' right flank, the angelic visage of his heroic Primarch imprinted upon his soul, to deliver the Emperor's righteous vengeance to the horde of the chaos worshippers.

Spoiler
    Show
    All out attack to the incoming horde (since i think i can't dodge or parry any of their incoming blows. Also, if it's not possible to attack them due to distance then i'll make a charge instead--see the OOC thread).

WS: 58+20 (all out attack) = 78 vs (1d100)[95]

Spending my entire round to enter Frenzy.
    Last edited by Calimos; 2010-10-11 at 02:42 AM.
    Arbitrator Reinhart avatar, courtesy of LCP.

My other avatars.

Spoiler
    Show

Ordo Xenos Inquisitor, courtesy of Araveugnitsuga.

Warden of Divisio Immoralis, courtesy of The_Architect.

WotS group by LCP

Quote Originally Posted by Daisuke1133 View Post
    Calimos, I wish I had even half your talent for verbosity.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Dwarf in the Playground

Seeing the heretics remained unbroken, Charon smiled cruelly and triggered his squad vox. "Brothers, the heretic scum are begging for us to cleanse them all. Show them what it means to be Astartes. Show them no mercy!"
    Spoiler
    Show

Active Characters:
    Dark Heresy -Nixios Darktide
    Deathwatch -Devastator Charon - Assault Marine Arkio

GM'ing Deathwatch:
    It's the Fi-nal Sanction!

22. - Top - End - #52

SamuraiGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    BS Test to Unjam

Just in case it was missed.

Svari pulls the trigger of his bolter and gets a sinking feeling in his gut as rather than a roar of righteous fury, all that issues from his weapon is a clicking sound as though it were empty. He then notices that the magazine is loose...

It must have been knocked loose during the drop.

Svari quickly begins performing the Sacred Rites of Unloading and Loading.
    Last edited by Daisuke1133; 2010-10-11 at 05:37 AM.

23. - Top - End - #53

Zombie

(OOC: You are more than welcome to post your actions out of turn, as some of you have already done, I will simply play out those actions when your turn comes around, unless it's obvious you wouldn't want to do that (for instance throwing a Frag Grenade at a Magnitude 1 Horde))

It is Alyxander's turn to act.

Svari must Reload next turn to be able to fire again (as per the Weapon Jamming rules on P.249). As I said, as this is the very first time you've fired the weapon, I'll be kind and let you keep all of your current clip after you've reloaded.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

With the Metal Storm rounds still chambered, Alyxander opens fire on the frothing horde of foul Chaos worshippers, his weapon brining hot death to their ranks, his cry of righteous fury audible to all over the din of battle, "IN THE EMPEROR'S NAME BE PURGED!"
    Spoiler
    Show

Alrighty, using a Full Action for a full-auto burst
    BS: (1d100)[18] vs 43(Base)+20(Full Auto)+10(Red Dot)=73 + (Whatever modifier appropriate for a horde this size.)
    You mentioned not having to roll damage earlier, does that still apply? If not I'll roll OOC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Who
    Loving that fluff, loving it so much. If that fluff was a person I'd marry it.

25. - Top - End - #55

Zombie

Alyxander
    Spoiler
    Show
    (OOC: No modifer for the Horde now I'm afraid, their numbers have been reduced to below the Massive Target threshold. Even so, you easily hit with all 4 of your rounds. And as I said, unless you rolled a [1][1][1], you'll do damage. So in the interests of making things easier and quicker (I believe Executus said you had a 1 in 1000 chance of rolling that!), I'll assume you do actually do damage)

Your shells hurtle towards the advancing heretics and the effects of your Metal Storm rounds are much like that of the last time you fired. Each shell explodes forward just before it finds a mark, sending it's deadly payload of frag into the ranks of the Enemy. Dozens upon dozens of heretical scum cough and bleed profusely from the barrage of hot shrapnel, whilst several others die immediately as the rounds continue on their trajectory as normal, punching through their armor and their bodies.

(4 Hits x 2 Blast + 1 Explosive = 9 Magnitude Damage)

Brother Alyxander's Full Auto fire is a thing of beauty to behold as his shells of Metal Storm round explode into lethal frag just before slamming through several heretics. The resulting frag also proves to the demise of yet more unholy scum. What was once a rather large and perhaps formidable horde of Chaos worshipping heretics is now a clustering of insane and bloodied survivors of your unstoppable onslaught. Despite their catastrophic losses, they show no signs of fleeing or surrendering. Perfect, you think. You'd have accepted neither.

(Horde's Magnitude = 12, it is now Tristan's turn to act)
    Last edited by The Commander; 2010-10-11 at 07:07 PM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Orc in the Playground

Brother Tristan watches as his squad takes the heretic mob apart with pride. No enemy can long stand before the Emperor’s divine retribution. ”Maintain your fire brothers,” he calls over the squad vox. Planting his feet, he squeezes off a volley at the enemy.

Spoiler
    Show

Full auto burst of standard Bolt shells.

BS of 44 + 10 for short range + 20 for full auto = 74 or less to hit.
    (1d100)[6] Nice shot! All 4 bolts hit.

4 hits + 1 for type x + 1 for Death is Joy (PAH) = 6 magnitude damage.

Last edited by Ceridan; 2010-10-11 at 11:38 AM.

Deathwatch Characters
    Sven Carlson, Alistayr
    Tristan Weylin, Mikael

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Onissius fires again, trying to get as many hits as he can (full round action)
    BS of 44 + 10 for short range + 20 for full auto -30 for shooting without helmet in darkness = 44
    (1d100)[15]
    Last edited by Narmoth; 2010-10-11 at 01:40 PM.

28. - Top - End - #58

Zombie

Tristan
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your armor again seems to channel the destructive and deadly accuracy of your shells into the unholy bodies of the Emperor's enemies. Slamming home against the front ranks of the heretics, the shells continue on their lethal trajectory before coming to a stop several dead lines of heretics later. (6 Magnitude Damage)

Onissius
    Spoiler
    Show
    This time the hail of Bolt Shells that leave your Bolter find several marks cutting down several lines of foul heretics. Unknown to you, only a single shell flies harmlessly past the advancing heretics, unintentionally finding a gap in their numbers, and planting itself within one of the many corpses before exploding inside the dead heretic's body. (3 hits (1st initial hit, +2 degrees of success) + 1 explosive damage = 4 Magnitude damage)

Both Brother Tristan's and Brother Onissius' Full Auto fire thin the ranks of advancing heretics even more, leaving just a small group of screaming heretics left. Behind them is a scene of utter butchery; corpses litter the landscape, their bodies broken and their limbs scattered or simply blown to oblivion at your holy and sustained fire. Here and there, heretics not yet dead feebly claw at the sky from the ground, screaming in pain and anguish at not being a better servant for Chaos. They will bleed to death in a matter of moments.

(Horde's Magnitude = 2 It is Kaeste's turn to act)
    Last edited by The Commander; 2010-10-11 at 07:07 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59

The auspex beeps suddenly grew much quieter as the righteous thunder of the Killteam's guns mowed down scores of the heretics. Eyes scanning through the ravaged field of flesh, he calmly raises his bolter and fires shots at individual heretics as opportunities present themselves.

Spoiler
    Show

Semi-Auto burst. BS 56 + 10 for Semi Auto + 10 for Close Range = 76

(1d100)[68]

So that's 1 hit.
    Last edited by Arcanoi; 2010-10-11 at 07:24 PM.

30. - Top - End - #60

Zombie

Kaeste
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your spray of blessed Bolter shells mostly miss, however this is due entirely to the small amount of heretics left. Even so, a solitary shell flies perfectly into the middle of the last remaining group of heretics; smashing it's way through armor and flesh alike. The shell passes through several heretics and (although you don't see it), actually continues going after leaving a heretic at the rear of the pack, embedding itself in the ground; it's job done. The resulting shrapnel from the shell kills the few remaining Chaos scum and they keel over in dismay and anguish, blood flowing from enormous wounds to their bodies. In a matter of seconds, the last of them fall to the ground, dead or bleeding to death. (1 hit + 1 explosive = 2 Mag Damage)

Svari
    Spoiler
    Show
    Acting quickly, you release the magazine from your Bolter and slam it back into the weapon; hoping to clear the jam. Unfortunately by the time you have done this the last of the heretics have fallen and you curse your luck. No matter though, there will be other hunts you can revel in.

Brother Kaeste fires a short burst from his Bolter and this is enough to see off the last of the heretics who splutter and die slowly as a result of the shrapnel or die quickly as the shell rips through their bodies. A few seconds later not a single heretic stands before you on the plain just 40m away from you. Instead a mass of body parts, blood and occasionally a dying heretic amongst the countless corpses paints the scene in front of you. The Emperor would be proud!

(The Horde is destroyed, what do you plan to do now?)
    Last edited by The Commander; 2010-10-11 at 11:05 PM.