New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Swordmage testing grounds. (DragoonWraith)

You come to standing on an unsupported platform floating in an endless sea of darkness. A door sits at one edge of the platform; looking around, you realize that you can see further blackness on the other side of the door.

A picture is glued to the door, apparently meant to give you some kind of indication of what your first opponent is to be.

Spoiler
    Show

As soon as you lay eyes on the picture, you gain the certain knowledge that the door will open with or without your aid in exactly five minutes.

Spoiler
    Show
    Obviously, I don't want you googling around to find out what that is, exactly. It's meant to give you a general idea of what you'll be fighting. You have just enough time to prepare a list of Incantations before you'll be thrown into the fight.
    My forum avatars appear to have decomposed in my absence. C'est la vie.
    Homebrewer's Signature
    If you use any of my homebrew, or even if you just have a strong opinion on it, please let me know. Feedback is always useful.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Banned

Default Re: Swordmage testing grounds. (DragoonWraith)

Spoiler
    Show
    On the off-chance I get really lucky: Knowledge Arcana - (1d20+1)[9]

Didn't, OK then. Looks like a melee bruiser, possibly an aberration but doesn't seem to be obviously lacking in targetable anatomy, so... I'm pretty pleased with the Incantations I've got readied:

Cantrips:
    • Composite Greatbow
    • Spiked Chain
    • Minotaur Greathammer
    • Harpoon

1st Level:
    • Upender
    • Grappling Hook
    • Light Bow

2nd Level:
    • Blink Dagger
    • Bleed Out
    • Megaton Hammer

3rd Level:
    • Quickblade
    • Sever Gravity

I assume the changes we used in RHoD to Quickblade are still in play. Were there also changes to Light Bow, Megaton Hammer, Sever Gravity, or his Recovery? I remember we discussed those, but can't remember if we came to any conclusions.

After readying his Incantations, Russengolmo casts Prestidigitation as a Spell-like Ability, and assumes Assassin's Stance. He then opens the door.
    Last edited by DragoonWraith; 2010-10-05 at 05:11 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Stepping through the door reveals a dusty chamber of yellow and orange tiles, lit by dozens of lanterns hanging on the walls high above. There is no discernible exit, nor any sign of the door you walked through. A great flat-topped altar rises in the center of the room, a sign of worship to a god you don't recognize. Standing atop the altar is the same creature you saw on the door. The moment you appear, it bellows a deep call of alarm and begins charging towards you.

Spoiler
    Show

Creature currently occupies MN-13/14.

You are on whichever of the red squares you like.

Initiative: (1d20)[20]
    Last edited by Jarian; 2010-10-05 at 05:57 PM.
    My forum avatars appear to have decomposed in my absence. C'est la vie.
    Homebrewer's Signature
    If you use any of my homebrew, or even if you just have a strong opinion on it, please let me know. Feedback is always useful.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Banned

Spoiler
    Show
    You would Nat-20 your Initiative.

Initiative - (1d20+0)[12]

Russ finds himself on A13.