New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default [Nexus] PACK: The Perfectly Appropriate College for Kids!

Somewhere in the middle of the countryside, a distance aways from Inside and the Taverna Generica, and yet still close enough to everything that it ends up being terribly convenient, is the PACK campus. The campus is a wide, open area of green grass and a few, slightly rolling hills and trees, populated by low, open buildings built in a sumptuously understated manner centered around a stout clock tower, and rather incongruously ringed on all sides with 3-meter thick concrete walls (with a stone block facade) 10-meters high, with taller watchtowers every hundred meters.
    For, uh... defense purposes. Yes. >.>
    The campus itself is state-of-the art, and most of the vast space is made of sporting grounds, tennis courts, a large pool and several greenhouses, with a cycling/horse riding track running along near the inside of the wall.

What is this campus here for? Well, I'll tell you!

But First, A Letter.
    Spoiler
    Show

Dear Parents of NEXUS,

Greetings, and salutations! With the end of summer fast approaching, and the world on the brink of Autumn... in more ways than one, I cannot help but reflect on my life, and all my achievements. And being (for all intents and purposes) immortal, let me assure you, quite a lot of reflection has been happening. In the past aeons, since the very beginning of time and mankind, I have watched this world grow into what it has become today. I have watched civilizations rise and fall, worlds split and merge, cities built and razed, abandoned and destroyed, and the multiverse itself have quite a few close shaves with death. But the purpose of this correspondence (however it may have reached you) is not to bore you with accounts of events that happened before your entire species decided that having more than one cell might actually be beneficial (frankly, it bores me as well, life becomes so much more intersting after it invented the concept of organs). Rather, it is in fact an advertisement. In the past few years, especially the recent months following the turbulent introduction of the ACRONYM universe to the Heart of the NEXUS situated at the spot some call TOWN, I have noticed something which I find quite alarming. I refer of course, to the treatment of PC children. Too often I see Player Characters under the age of 15 (or equivalent), some with enough power to level a small village, run around completely without supervision (hint, it's not the same as Super Vision). Sometimes even, I have heard of children as young as 9 (or equivalent) go on these distasteful... adventures, utilizing their natural abilities with appalling abandon and putting themselves in extreme danger, because their parents were too busy being held hostage by an Evil Overlord hellbent on taking over Inside (a situation I understand perfectly - sometimes these things just happen). Not to mention the lack of any sort of formal education... after all, what school would accept a child that not only says 'No' to bullying, but also vaporizes bullying with the Power of Friendship, but also leaves the surrounding square kilometer a smoking (and yet, incredibly friendly!) crater as a result. Well, it is to be no longer. For you see, opening this week at an unremarkable location not far from Inside is the Perfectly Appropriate College for Kids (PACK for short - because we all love acronyms, don't we?). No longer will your helpless screams for mercy punctuated by idle wondering whether your child has gone and attempted to tag along with a crack commando team on a rescue mission, or is battling undead in a sewer somewhere. Instead, they will be safe in our rather large campus (which, incidentally has several door thick concrete walls surrounding it on all sides) enjoying the benefits of a strict timetable and being professionally tutored in a variety of subjects including:
    • Natural Sciences!
    • Music!
    • Visual Arts!
    • Literature!
    • Mathematics!
    • Languages!
    • Fencing and Swordplay!
    • Pretentious Sports!
    • And more!

Sincerely, Kamilan
    Headteacher
    Perfectly Appropriate College for Kids.

Basically, this is an Acronym Organization catering towards the 'Powered Brat' demographic (5 - 15 years), intent on providing them a top class education, intense security (whether to keep them safe from others, or to keep others safe from them) and just generally shape them into classy young men and women... or else. Pretentiousness seems to be the thing among the staff here, and students not adhering to Metta Kamilan's strict social code are likely to find themselves in a whoooooole world of trouble. And now, the obligatory spoiler-tagged stuff.

Rules (IC)
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. While no uniform has been instituted, students (and teachers) must dress in an appropriate fashion.
    2. Students are to behave with propriety and appropriateness at all times.
    3. Students must obey the requests of teachers at all times.
    4. Fighting is strictly prohibited, unless it is done as part of our self-defense and fencing programs.
    5. If you suspect a fellow student or your teacher of being an evil doppelganger, please report the matter to me. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO TAKE ACTION ON YOUR OWN.
    6. There is no Rule 6.
    7. Excessive, or flagrant use of powers is prohibited, unless it is done as part of our Power Control programs.
    8. Setting yourself on fire, or parts of yourself on fire counts as flagrant use of powers. Yes, no matter how immune you are to fire, or even if the flames are utterly harmless.
    9. Physical intimacy on campus is not allowed.
    10. Neither is soul stealing, or drinking blood, no matter how painless it may be.
    11. Students may not leave the campus unless they are accompanied by their legal parent/guardian, or by someone known to the student possessing the signed permission of their legal parent/guardian.

Rules (OoC)
    Spoiler
    Show

• No destroying the place, or doing something to it that'll produce a similar effect (for example, no placing a massive time freeze on the entire area forever), unless it's part of an epic plot, and you've run it through me. You're allowed to damage it, but destroying it just takes the fun out of it for all the other players.
    • No godmoding/godmodding. Even if it's permitted in some ACRONYMs, it isn't in the PACK. The occasional mishap's OK, repeated offense isn't.
    • Please try and keep posts longer than one or two lines of speech. Description is appreciated. One-or-two-liners that don't do much are OK once in a while - but not regularly.
    • If you want random smashy hahaN00BlulzFun, here's not the place. Anything spammy, random, or just plain annoying, can go! Of course, if your silliness is in moderation and well-roleplayed, and considerate of other players, then welcome in.

Application Form
    Spoiler
    Show

STUDENTS
    Name of Student:
    Name of Parent/Guardian:
    Age of Student:
    Type of Student (Day/Weekly Boarder/Full Boarder):
    Important Information: (Allergies, Medical/Dietary needs, Unusual cultural customs, Religious consideration etc.):
    Parent/Guardian signature:

TEACHERS
    Name:
    Subject(s):
    Other Expertise:
    Important Information: (Allergies, Medical/Dietary needs, Unusual cultural customs, Religious consideration etc.):
    Signature:

List of Teachers

List of Students

Extra Descriptions! (Your suggestion could be here!)
    Spoiler
    Show
    • The boarding house is a large building, split into two such that while you can still go from one side to another, there is a clear threshold between the 'boy' half and the 'girl' half. Sexually ambiguous characters are assigned 'randomly' (ie by player choice). Rooms are big enough for four children, and are also assigned 'randomly'.
    • Apparently the dining hall/fewd place/eating area looks like the Great Hall from Harry Potter. You cannot, however, have some more.

This thread may update spontaneously, especially considering that it's still in its early stages, so be on the look out. Major changes will usually be announced in the thread or in the Nexus OoC.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2010-09-03 at 07:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] PACK: The Perfectly Appropriate College for Kids!

((Hey KK. Take a look at your OoC spoiler. Reeeeeeaaaaaally closely.

And would it be okay for me to play the head of security?))
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

((A whoops. That's what I get for copy-pasta. And sure, though he won't have a lot of resources. The watchtowers are there for show, mostly it's just surveillance cameras.))
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2010-08-28 at 07:59 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

((He needs a bunch of rat familiars who answer to him and act as his spies. ))
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

What's this? A new challenger approaches!
    The rather large gates.
    Looks at them.
    Considers knocking.

Then goes to look to see if there's a smaller doorway.

Wait... there are giant gates, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Sitting alone on a table in a classroom, a tall teenager is quiet, dressed in drab, dark clothes, and thick black gloves. His midnight hair falls unfashionable across his pale skin, and as he gets up to peek out the window at the newcomer(s) approaching the campus, he bites his lip, visible.
    Words, my weapons...
    Je veux aller sous votre peau.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Dihan-atar

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    You rascally psychopath, you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
    On the phone, people talk back. And over. And aren't obliged to listen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felixaar View Post
    Kael, awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    I has been owned.
    Yup, Kael beat the Book Geek at her own game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Don't tick off Kaelawrath. The dear fellow is above reproach.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

There are indeed gates, but right now they're open! Yay! A truck barrels through them, narrowly missing the new challenger as it brings supplies to the school, which has so recently been re-branded and opened to the public (though it was finished long before, and is already host to several students).

A ten-foot tall mannequin-esque figure, made out of fine silvery metal and clad in an eclectic (and yet fashionable) mix of male and female clothing, all sumptuous and *cough* 'pimped out' as it were, for the big day, approaches the gates, giving a faceless look of disapproval to the truck driver as it rolls past.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

The Admiral walks up to the Mannequin, puffing away at a cigar which gives him no pleasure cause he's not human and it pisses him off to no end.

On the upside, smoking will never give him cancer.

"Excuse me. I'm looking for the headmaster's office."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

The mannequin looks down at the Admiral facelessly.
    HOW ARE YOU MEANT TO INTERACT WITH SOMEONE WHO HAS NO FACE!?

"I am the Head Teacher." Says Kampilan (it's somewhat worrying that I have to look back at kras Character Sheet just to be able to spell kras name properly), kras voice coming unnervingly from his chest, at the Admiral's head level, and with a slight emphasis on the 'teacher' part. Political correctness, yo!
    "I must also inform you that smoking is prohibited on school grounds, unless it is for medical purposes."
    Seriously man.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2010-08-28 at 10:03 AM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

The Admiral shudders just a little.
    "It... err... is. I am cursed. And unless I smoke a certain number of cigars a day, I'll literally turn to dust. Unfortunately that number is a lot."
    >>
    <<

The Admiral is the Marlboro Man lichified!

He quickly tries to change the subject so that she... he... it won't protest further. "I wish to apply for a teacher position here at your school."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

"Really?" Says the mannequin with sudden interest, producing a form and a pen from who-knows-where.
    "It happens that we are looking for new staff. In the past, I have been able to manage by myself, but with the school soon opening properly, new teachers will be needed."
    "So... what subject is it that you teach?"

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

The Admiral takes the form and starts filling it out as he replies. "Music and Military Tactics." Though I'm certain he'll be spending a great deal of time in the biology teacher's room.

Spoiler
    Show

Name: The Admiral
    Subject(s): Music and Military Tactics
    Other Expertise: Illusions, Melee Combat, Naval Travel and Navigation, Rum, the Female Gender
    Important Information: Cursed. Must smoke to live.
    Signature: The Admiral

He offers it back to... it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

13. - Top - End - #13
    Banned

STUDENT APPLICATION FORM
    Name of Student: Nimai Salamander of the Rose's Thorn (Rosethorn)
    Name of Parent/Guardian: Surely-Refulgent Anshu, Cerise of the Rose's Thorn
    Age of Student: 14
    Type of Student (Day/Weekly Boarder/Full Boarder): Day
    Important Information (Allergies, Medical/Dietary needs, Unusual cultural customs, Religious consideration etc.): Requires one hour at noon for prayers to the Sun

STUDENT APPLICATION FORM
    Name of Student: Maralah Kozakura of the Rose's Thorn (Rosethorn)
    Name of Parent/Guardian: Surely-Refulgent Anshu, Cerise of the Rose's Thorn
    Important Information (Allergies, Medical/Dietary needs, Unusual cultural customs, Religious consideration etc.): Requires one hour at noon for prayers to the Sun

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

He can try to go after the Biology teacher. I doubt he'll succeed, though. Poor bone structure.
    Kampilan reads The Admiral's form, as well as the forms that mysteriously appeared out of thin air. Despite having no eyes. Yeah.
    Anyway, kra'll nod thoughtfully.
    "All seems to bee in order. Welcome to PACK."
    What, no background checks or anything? How do you know The Admiral isn't a serial killer or something?

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Meanwhile, another application form arrives, via Teleporting Note Paper!

STUDENT APPLICATION FORM
    Name of Student: Jamie Misaki Catherine Druid
    Name of Parent/Guardian: Tobias and Quinn Druid
    Age of Student: Eight months 12.
    Important Information: (Allergies, Medical/Dietary needs, Unusual cultural customs, Religious consideration etc.): Spawn of Tobias n/a
    Parent/Guardian signature: Quinn Druid
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2010-08-28 at 11:25 AM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

16. - Top - End - #16

A blond woman in heels walks up to the gates and stands in line behind the admiral, staring at him curiously.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

Ilyena (dreqadlocks, glasses, briefcase, half-elf, you know the drill) teleports a few dozen feet away, and joins the line.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

More forms! Excellent!
    Kampilan's hands start to split at the wrist, kras metacarpals (or where kras metacarpals would be, had kra a skeleton) lengthening until they're almost as long as kras forearms, the three fingers at the end of each new 'hand' gripping each of the four forms as kra reads them simultaneously.
    "Yes... every thing seems to check out for the moment. Your lessons will be observed regularly for the first few weeks to ensure that you meet our standards."
    Kampilan looks past the Admiral, at Aurea and Ilyena.
    "I assume you are here to apply for jobs as well?"
    Kra frowns facelessly at Ilyena's dreadlocks, silently disapproving.

19. - Top - End - #19

Yes, I am. Aurea smiles at the headmaster and takes a form, deadtiming as she fills it out.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

Likewise.

Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Ilyena the Goliath
    Subject(s): Magic Theory, Magical Technology
    Other Expertise: A dozen years of teaching at a university
    Important Information:Must be assisted by an artificial intelligence, Askepios
    Signature: Ilyena

Ilyena twirls a dreadlock and raises an eyebrow. Is that acceptable?
    Last edited by Moff Chumley; 2010-08-29 at 12:30 AM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dr.Rato, an old man in a lab coat with a long white beard walks up to the college. " Ah! What a wonderful place! I'm sure I'll be able to use my talents to the fullest here as a teacher. " He says and heads inside grabbing one of the Teacher forms and filling it out.

Spoiler
    Show
    TEACHERS
    Name: Dr.Rato
    Subject(s): Physics, Biology, Earth Science, Chemistry Mechanics, Robotics, Digital Art
    Other Expertise: Alchemy, fitness, and medicine
    Important Information: I'm old and surely health problems of mine will start to pop up eventually.
    Signature:Dr.Rato
    "Insert some witty comment here"

-Nexus Characters

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kris View Post
    He can try to go after the Biology teacher. I doubt he'll succeed, though. Poor bone structure.
    Kampilan reads The Admiral's form, as well as the forms that mysteriously appeared out of thin air. Despite having no eyes. Yeah.
    Anyway, kra'll nod thoughtfully.
    "All seems to bee in order. Welcome to PACK."
    What, no background checks or anything? How do you know The Admiral isn't a serial killer or something?
    Serial killer wouldn't be exactly the right way to phrase it.

"Thanks. So where's the teacher's lo-" He pauses when he notes Aurea. Turning to face her and repositioning his cigar so it's not blowing directly in her face, he takes his hat and flourish-bows. "Why greetings my lady. My apologies for not attending to you sooner. Such a delicate flower should not be left without the proper attention. May I ask your name?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

"It is." Says Kampilan, kras non-existent left eye twitching at the dreadlock twirl and the horrible mis-pronunciation of 'acceptable'.
    Kra flicks the student forms to one of kras four arms, taking Ilyena's form and Dr. Rato's form to read.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

((In Soviet Russia, type edit YOU!!))

--

Two figures make their way towards the school. One of them is a battle-scarred human who appears to be in his mid thirties, and the other looks about fourteen. They're having an angry, muttered argument. Says the teenager: I told you, Five, this is pointless. I'm just as old as you are, anyway, why do you get to dump me in here? Septus, I can't have you following me around. So you're gonna need to stay somewhere, and maybe you'll actually meet people who aren't clones in this place... Whatever.

The older man, once they're at the gate, anounces to the world at large: My, uh, son... WHAT? ...will be staying here for a while. Do I need to sign anything? The teenager stands there, mutinously.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dr.Rato stands there with a smile as his teaching form is looked over. " I do believe everything is in order with the form. I'm looking forward to be able to teach the young minds of the nexus. "

-Nexus Characters

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

"Are you needing an RE teacher? If so, I am willing to aply." The talker is a male half-elf looking very smart in clean and presentable white tunic and leather kilt. Hanging at his belt is a sickle with a scarab on the pommel. His face is plain, and he has brown hair and eyes; making his face far more memorable is a tattoo of a two-tailed scorpion with its tails curled upon his cheeks and its claws resting on his forehead.

Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Most Reverend Narahar
    Subject(s): Religious Education
    Other Expertise: Sickle use, non-magical healing, tattoo artistry
    Important Information: I will need a chapel at which to pray; I can supply all the necessary equipment
    Signature: Narahar
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

27. - Top - End - #27

Aurea comes out of deadtime and hands in her form.

Name: Aurea Chrysos
    Subject(s): Literature, History, and Anthropology.
    Other Expertise: Archaeology, specifically the location and excavation of ancient edifices.
    Important Information: (Allergies, Medical/Dietary needs, Unusual cultural customs, Religious consideration etc.): If it would be at all possible, I would like to take some students on a field trip to a dig site. Also, I am a Gold Dragon.
    Signature: Aurea Chrysos
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Serial killer wouldn't be exactly the right way to phrase it.

"Thanks. So where's the teacher's lo-" He pauses when he notes Aurea. Turning to face her and repositioning his cigar so it's not blowing directly in her face, he takes his hat and flourish-bows. "Why greetings my lady. My apologies for not attending to you sooner. Such a delicate flower should not be left without the proper attention. May I ask your name?"
    Aurea stares at the lich in surprise. She's not one to judge by mere looks alone, but his disarming attitude stuns her. I am Aurea Chrysos. She smiles and offers her hand. And whom might you be?
    Last edited by FireFox; 2010-08-29 at 05:50 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

A young woman in black jeans and a dark-red corduroy jacket comes up to pass in her form.
    Her hair is blood-red and her eyes are the same, literally looking to be bleeding.

Name of Student: Chol Jessica Wogal
    Name of Parent/Guardian: Thryza S. and Christopher A. Wogal
    Type of Student: Day
    Important Information: (Allergies, Medical/Dietary needs, Unusual cultural customs, Religious consideration etc.): Eyes appear to bleed, but that "blood" is analogous to the moisture of your average everyday eye.
    Parent/Guardian signature: Thryza S Wogal
    Last edited by Beans; 2010-08-29 at 06:06 PM.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Argh! So. Many. Applications!
    Whatever. Just go in, you're all accepted, no matter what the Tin neither-Man-nor-Woman might say.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ahh! Quickly! Into the building before Kid Kris explodes!

Dr.Rato calmly strolls onto the campus grounds and has a look around.

-Nexus Characters