New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Episode 5 - Drunken Brawl! No actual drunks included!

Quote Originally Posted by ThreadOfFate View Post
    Before the words leave her mouth, Minuet slams her readied fist into Kyasarin's stomach, then axe-kicks her shoulder as she doubles over to once again force her to the ground.

This time, though, Minuet follows, grabbing Kyasarin's arm and holding it behind her back while her other arm pins her hand down held far out from her body, effectively immobilizing her.

Now having a comfortably large amount of time, Minuet whistled a small tune, punctuating it with some clicks of her tongue. Thick tendrils of energy rise up and wrap around Kyasarin's limbs and torso, binding her tightly to the ground as Minuet keeps a strong hold on her.

(Bakudo 27: Binding Earth. Yes, I did make it up. It functions exactly as described, with any point of their body that is touching the ground essentially bound there, and can be executed at a longer range than point-blank.)
    Godmodding much?
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

2. - Top - End - #152
    Dwarf in the Playground

OOC:

Spoiler
    Show
    Note the following:
    1. "She's still expecting another attack, but she might as well try and end this easily and without serious injury." I noted it twice in my post that Minuet was waiting for her to pull something.
    2. If she has time to recover after being punched hard in the stomach, I would be very surprised, especially since she was about to speak.
    3. Minuet is both strong and fast, giving her the necessary reaction time and power to pull off such a maneuver.
    Last edited by ThreadOfFate; 2010-10-13 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Spoiler-ing.
    We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty.

Former BleachITP player of the one and only Minuet.

Homebrew!
    The Freerunner, based on everyone's favorite parkour girl Faith Connors.
    The White Clad - Custom Base Class, based on the Assassin's Creed series, now with a bonus Prestige class - The Guildmaster.
    Star Wars Saga Edition Force Power Revamp, complete with new skill calculations and a shiny graph.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

(OOC: Guys. Take it to the OOC thread. That's what it's for. Lil Shiro, I've PMed you about this. Seriously, we have that thread for a reason. )
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

4. - Top - End - #154
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wolf View Post
    Feiyan closed her eyes and smiled. Slowly, she twisted her hand to aim near Seiko's back, but more to the side. She pointed her fingers. You should know I'm impervious to pain by now. Hado 54: Haien. she whispered. A blast of purple energy shot towards Seiko's back.
    Seiko wondered for a split second where exactly she was firing the Hado before he realized that he couldn't see her hands. He started moving the instant he felt the blast of vaporising flame head towards him. If that caught him, he'd be dust before he could blink.

Finally, she was taking him seriously!

He brought his right foot up and pushed off the ground, using the momentum to backflip over the blast. It still grazed his right foot, and it hurt! He landed a few feet away from Feiyan, keeping his balance with noticeable difficulty, but he stuck the landing. He grinned at Feiyan.

"So nice to see that you're taking this battle seriously, Feiyan-san. But you hurt yourself more than I think you know by talking with my staff to your throat. I'd hate to hurt you anymore, but I don't think that it's avoidable at this point. Forgive me if you get hurt, Feiyan-san." Seiko stood with his staff horizontal in front of him, closed his eyes as if in concentration, and muttered: "Maiken no Arashi."*

Then he vanished.

He reappeared to Feiyan's right, slashing at her leg, then vanished again.

He reappeared behind her, slashing at her back, then vanished again.

He reappeared to her right again, trying to cut her arm. He kept up this constant barrage, waiting for Feiyan to realize that she couldn't win. He had split his staff and was striking her from two to four angles at any given point.

She wasn't going to win this. Seiko would make sure of that.

*Translation (I hope)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Storm of Dancing Blades
    Last edited by Kayne650; 2010-10-13 at 08:43 PM.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Halfling in the Playground

Feiyan rolled her eyes. It's pointless. POINT. LESS. She leaped straight upwards, getting a few nicks along the way. She flipped her body completely vertical, headfirst. She pointed her arm straight down. Hado 58: Tenran! A tornado came screaming from her hands, its wide reach bearing down on Seiko.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

6. - Top - End - #156
    Pixie in the Playground

Feiyan rolled her eyes. It's pointless. POINT. LESS. She leaped straight upwards, getting a few nicks along the way. She flipped her body completely vertical, headfirst. She pointed her arm straight down. Hado 58: Tenran! A tornado came screaming from her hands, its wide reach bearing down on Seiko.
    That would have worked just fine if Seiko hadn't already built up momentum. As soon as he saw Feiyan leap into the air he followed her with shunpo, appearing behind her and axe kicking her in the back.
    Last edited by Kayne650; 2010-10-14 at 10:47 AM.
    Star Wars iTP characters

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

7. - Top - End - #157

Feiyan, expecting this, handsprings into an upright position, drawing her sword, which began to suck up the kido's power. It glowed golden as she blurred in shunpo, up again towards Seiko.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

8. - Top - End - #158
    Pixie in the Playground

Feiyan, expecting this, handsprings into an upright position, drawing her sword, which began to suck up the kido's power. It glowed golden as she blurred in shunpo, up again towards Seiko.
    Seiko was just starting to have fun. Feiyan was a better opponent than he'd hoped for. Seiko slammed his right blade into Feiyan's, catching her sword in the serrated edges of his, and thrust with the back edge of his left blade, aiming for her stomach.
    Star Wars iTP characters

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ettin in the Playground

Sayuri does his best to ignore Soushi and his likely delirebate twisting of her words. She's not pleased at the slightest to find his happy-go-lucky exterior hides such a horrible amount of cynicism and rude offensiveness. Maybe all the alcohol he'd enjoyed earlier is finally catching up to him... though Sayuri is not certain that's a good thing at all.

She finds some solace from the fact that the duel between Minuet and Kyasarin is going fine, and that they aren't using overtly lethal techniques against each other. She does find it somewhat worrying to see that shorter of the two officers has weight advantage, which probably contributes to Kyasarin being so easily taken to the ground. I really have to ask Miyagawa-taichou to make sure she takes proper care of herself and puts on a few extra pounds, she muses to herself, when she catches a glimpse of purplish light from the corner of her eye, and her heart skips a beat.

Haien. Why in the world did she use that in a friendly spar? Hado 54 had never been forbbiden, per se, but it certainly belonged to the group of spells that should never be used against fellow Shinigami. Even a slight touch from the orb could cause the whole body to burn away as the spell used the target's Reiryoku as fuel, and for the same reason even slight burns from it were notoriously hard to heal.

Outrageous!

"Enkosen!" Sayuri's shout echoes through the field as a golden triangle materializes between Feyian and Seiko. Seiko's blow hits it full force and makes it crack, but at least Feyian isn't skewered through the gut.

"Law of my mind, force the world to its knees! Sai!" Feyian gets the distinct feeling of Sayuri being just behind her back, grabbing her arms and forcing them behind her back. Of course, even a fully chanted Bakudo 1 would be easy to break for the 4th Division's 3rd seat, but whether it'd be wise in this situation is another thing...

"3rd seat Tewulan Feyian", Sayuri calls from the sidelines, her arms crossed on her chest. "What did you think you were doing just now?"

What Feyian (probably) hears: "Stophavingfunstophavingfunstophavingfun..."
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

10. - Top - End - #160
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Sayuri does his best to ignore Soushi and his likely delirebate twisting of her words. She's not pleased at the slightest to find his happy-go-lucky exterior hides such a horrible amount of cynicism and rude offensiveness. Maybe all the alcohol he'd enjoyed earlier is finally catching up to him... though Sayuri is not certain that's a good thing at all.

She finds some solace from the fact that the duel between Minuet and Kyasarin is going fine, and that they aren't using overtly lethal techniques against each other. She does find it somewhat worrying to see that shorter of the two officers has weight advantage, which probably contributes to Kyasarin being so easily taken to the ground. I really have to ask Miyagawa-taichou to make sure she takes proper care of herself and puts on a few extra pounds, she muses to herself, when she catches a glimpse of purplish light from the corner of her eye, and her heart skips a beat.

Haien. Why in the world did she use that in a friendly spar? Hado 54 had never been forbbiden, per se, but it certainly belonged to the group of spells that should never be used against fellow Shinigami. Even a slight touch from the orb could cause the whole body to burn away as the spell used the target's Reiryoku as fuel, and for the same reason even slight burns from it were notoriously hard to heal.

Outrageous!

"Enkosen!" Sayuri's shout echoes through the field as a golden triangle materializes between Feyian and Seiko. Seiko's blow hits it full force and makes it crack, but at least Feyian isn't skewered through the gut.

"Law of my mind, force the world to its knees! Sai!" Feyian gets the distinct feeling of Sayuri being just behind her back, grabbing her arms and forcing them behind her back. Of course, even a fully chanted Bakudo 1 would be easy to break for the 4th Division's 3rd seat, but whether it'd be wise in this situation is another thing...

"3rd seat Tewulan Feyian", Sayuri calls from the sidelines, her arms crossed on her chest. "What did you think you were doing just now?"

What Feyian (probably) hears: "Stophavingfunstophavingfunstophavingfun..."

Seiko sees the barrier pop up between himself and Feiyan, and curses under his breath. Why did she have to interfere again? It was all going just fine, and he had just gotten back into his rhythm! Sighing, he reappeared back on the ground.

"Is there a problem, Sayuri-san? Certainly we weren't doing anything wrong." Seiko's tone was a little forced, but he was getting really tired of getting interrupted.

It was at about the time when he landed that Sayuri might notice that his stance was a bit off. Upon closer examination, she might notice something missing: a sliver of heel, actually. It was just gone. Seiko didn't seem to have noticed yet.
    Star Wars iTP characters

11. - Top - End - #161
    Dwarf in the Playground

"So, note to self: Haien is out. Oh well. I guess that means I can't use Raikoho either." Magatsu shrugged.
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ettin in the Playground

"There's a difference, Shizuka-san", Sayuri remarks off-handedly as she watches Seiko wobble from side to side. "There's more to Hado than their assigned levels. A properly-chanted Sokatsui is more destructive than Kurohitsugi, but there's no comparison between the wounds they make. Raikoho can catch multiple enemies in its current, where as Haien is only useful against a single target at time; however, one at least leaves a body, while the other doesn't."

"Yukimura-san, would you please show me your right foot?"

13. - Top - End - #163
    Pixie in the Playground

"There's a difference, Shizuka-san", Sayuri remarks off-handedly as she watches Seiko wobble from side to side. "There's more to Hado than their assigned levels. A properly-chanted Sokatsui is more destructive than Kurohitsugi, but there's no comparison between the wounds they make. Raikoho can catch multiple enemies in its current, where as Haien is only useful against a single target at time; however, one at least leaves a body, while the other doesn't."

"Yukimura-san, would you please show me your right foot?"
    "Eh? My right foot?" Seiko looked down, and noticed that part of his sandal was missing. As was part of his foot. And there was blood. Rather a lot of it, actually.

"Huh, that might be a problem," Seiko said, still seeming unconcerned. He wrapped his foot in some cloth torn from his shihakusho. "There we go, good as new!" Seiko declared. "Don't worry, Sayuri-san. I've survived worse. I'll finish the battle, and then you can take care of the wound."

Seiko's complete lack of concern for the growing pool of blood that had already soaked through his makeshift bandage was probably a cause for concern.
    Star Wars iTP characters

14. - Top - End - #164
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kayne650 View Post
    "Eh? My right foot?" Seiko looked down, and noticed that part of his sandal was missing. As was part of his foot. And there was blood. Rather a lot of it, actually.

"Huh, that might be a problem," Seiko said, still seeming unconcerned. He wrapped his foot in some cloth torn from his shihakusho. "There we go, good as new!" Seiko declared. "Don't worry, Sayuri-san. I've survived worse. I'll finish the battle, and then you can take care of the wound."

Seiko's complete lack of concern for the growing pool of blood that had already soaked through his makeshift bandage was probably a cause for concern.
    Sigint had been splitting his attention three ways by this point: one was directed to wrapping up the 2nd Division duties, one towards Kyasarin and Minuet, and one to this. Before Seiko could continue the fight, Sigint spoke up in his distinct, raspy, gravely voice. "Seiko-sama, I don't think you should continue the fight with that injury. I realize you are a tough man, and I respect that, but I would still prefer if you didn't bleed to death." Sigint points to Seiko's heel. "And from the looks of things, your foot seems intent on making that happen."
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Orc in the Playground

"I think what Saiyuri-san means is 'hahahahaha, NO'. Seriously, you two. Your aim is to disarm or disable your opponent. I get that most of the time we fight Hollows, but you can't have 'killing' as your only option in a fight, that's a weakness." Soushi offered with a tip of his hat. "Seiko-kun, as legendary as the 11th squadron's taste for blood is, you of all people should know better. What if your subordinates acted the way you just did?"
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

16. - Top - End - #166
    Pixie in the Playground

"I suppose I see your point, Soushi-san. If I wouldn't allow a subordinate to fight in this condition, I shouldn't do it myself, either. Would it be possible to heal this up and get me back in the fight? I'd hate to have my injury hold up the fights."

It was obvious that Seiko didn't want to admit to the injury. To admit that he couldn't go on was to admit that Feiyan had won, and Seiko wasn't comfortable with that. He should have won that battle.

"Well done, Feiyan-san. I applaud your skill with Hado, even in such a disadvantageous situation. Obviously I need to work on my movement, if I couldn't dodge something like that. My compliments, Feiyan-san."
    Star Wars iTP characters

17. - Top - End - #167

Feiyan glanced at Seiko's foot. Oops. She says, mildly surprised. I'll heal you after, how does that sound? She then looked at Sayuri. With all due respect, you didn't give us any limitations on what Kido we could and couldn't use, Sayuri-san.
    Last edited by Moon Wolf; 2010-10-14 at 04:17 PM.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

18. - Top - End - #168
    Pixie in the Playground

Feiyan glanced at Seiko's foot. Oops. She says, mildly surprised. I'll heal you after, how does that sound? She then looked at Sayuri. With all due respect, you didn't give us any limitations on what Kido we could and couldn't use, Sayuri-san.
    "Personally, I think that I'm still good to go, but I'm also self-aware enough to know that fighting with a wound like this will only end in bad things for me, and for you, because I'll be mad and unable to control myself. No, the others are right. It'd be a poor idea for me to fight with my heel intent on killing me. Shall we postpone out battle while you or someone else heals me?" Seiko suggested, looking disappointed as he spoke. Having to quit because of an injury.

He was so ashamed of himself.
    Star Wars iTP characters

19. - Top - End - #169

Feiyan saw how much it bothered him to admit it. Sure thing. She then winked. I understand how ya feel. I don't want to pull all the glass outta myself, either.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ettin in the Playground

Somehow, Sayuri likes Soushi even less when he actually agrees with her. Such a paradox.

Sayuri flashes a charming smile to Feyian. "You are right, Tewulan-san. I did, however, ask you to avoid causing irreversible damage on your opponents. I also said I would step in if one party or another would be in danger of serious injury."

"From the looks of it, Yukimura-san has a palm-sized portion of his foot disentigrated. If such a deficiency is left untreated for long, it might become permanent. It also seems Yukimura-san has a major artery severed, and is suffering acute bloodloss."

"As 4th Division officer, could you tell me whether this counts as 'serious injury', Tewulan-san?"

Yes. A really, really charming smile.

"Would you please heal him right now? Thank you." Sayuri bows, and then turns to Magatsu and Soushi. "Would you two gentlemen like to be next?"

21. - Top - End - #171

Feiyan looked again. Yep, it's pretty serious. I'll heal him. She concentrated her energy, and with a cracking sound, the Sai broke and shattered. She walked over to Seiko and knelt down, her hands forming a teal aura around his injury. Psst, Seiko. She whispered. Do you want me to heal this all the way or not?
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

22. - Top - End - #172
    Pixie in the Playground

Feiyan saw how much it bothered him to admit it. Sure thing. She then winked. I understand how ya feel. I don't want to pull all the glass outta myself, either.
    "The glass is one thing, Feiyan. You could pull that out and be back in the battle. This wound is a bit more than that, and, no offense meant, but I'm more than a little embarrassed to have sustained that kind of injury against a 3rd-seat. I should have dodged that, and that's all there is to that. So, how about that healing?" Seiko finished, smirking.

"And yeah, I'll want it healed all the way. A scar on the foot is of no real use to me." Seiko answered, whispering back. "Thanks, Feiyan-san."
    Last edited by Kayne650; 2010-10-14 at 04:46 PM.
    Star Wars iTP characters

23. - Top - End - #173

Right, I'm working on it. I can't just snap my fingers and regenerate foot like that. It takes time. Feiyan shifts the energy to the left hand, and with her right hand, she poked her index and third finger into her side, drawing out a long shard of glass.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

24. - Top - End - #174
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I wouldn't mind at all, Sayuri-san. I don't mind picking up where Seiko-san is slacking off." He flashed a nasty smile and easily strode into the arena, drawing Eien Uzumaki in a smooth motion. The blade caught the light in all the wrong ways, making for an unsettling reflection.

I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

25. - Top - End - #175
    Orc in the Playground

Somehow, Sayuri likes Soushi even less when he actually agrees with her. Such a paradox.

Sayuri flashes a charming smile to Feyian. "You are right, Tewulan-san. I did, however, ask you to avoid causing irreversible damage on your opponents. I also said I would step in if one party or another would be in danger of serious injury."

"From the looks of it, Yukimura-san has a palm-sized portion of his foot disentigrated. If such a deficiency is left untreated for long, it might become permanent. It also seems Yukimura-san has a major artery severed, and is suffering acute bloodloss."

"As 4th Division officer, could you tell me whether this counts as 'serious injury', Tewulan-san?"

Yes. A really, really charming smile.

"Would you please heal him right now? Thank you." Sayuri bows, and then turns to Magatsu and Soushi. "Would you two gentlemen like to be next?"
    Soushi was just THAT much of a charmer.

"I don't mind either way. Magatsu-kun?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ettin in the Playground

"The stage is yours then, gentlemen."

27. - Top - End - #177
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wahrheit View Post
    "I wouldn't mind at all, Sayuri-san. I don't mind picking up where Seiko-san is slacking off." He flashed a nasty smile and easily strode into the arena, drawing Eien Uzumaki in a smooth motion. The blade caught the light in all the wrong ways, making for an unsettling reflection.
    Seiko caught the remark and glanced at Magatsu. "Go right ahead, Magatsu-kun. I look forward to watching the battle." Seiko said amiably. And watching you suffer was the subtext.

Daisuke Koishima

Daisuke looked up as Magatsu and Soushi moved towards the field. He wasn't sure what had happened to Seiko, but it looked pretty nasty, judging from all the blood by Seiko's foot. Haien was the highest level Hado that Daisuke could cast outside of his Shikai, but he had never ever used it for a battle; the only time he'd ever used it was for an execution that he had performed because both Sakura and Magatsu were busy. He hadn't enjoyed it.

But he quickly dispelled that line of thought, looking back to Magatsu and Soushi. "Good luck, Magatsu-sama! Don't you dare lose!" He shouted enthusiastically at Magatsu. If Magatsu lost this one, Daisuke would never let him hear the end of it. Come to think of it, neither would Soushi.
    Last edited by Kayne650; 2010-10-15 at 12:28 AM.
    Star Wars iTP characters

28. - Top - End - #178
    Orc in the Playground

"Try not to mangle me too badly." Soushi replied as he entered the 'stage'. He held that unusual book in his right hand.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #179
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I'll do my best. Sayuri-san already has such a poor opinion of me, after all. It'd be a shame to make it worse." He rested Eien Uzumaki on his shoulder, the very image of relaxation. "So, how do you want to go about this? I su-" Mid-word, Magatsu blurred into Shunpo towards Soushi's right side, blade flashing for the Shinigami's hand. "Zenmetsu shire, Eien Uzumaki!" Magatsu once again interrupted his own action to release his Shikai; at this close range, at least a few of his blades were bound to materialize behind Soushi and come in swinging.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Orc in the Playground

Isn't it cute? He thought he was being subtle.

There's a mere fraction of a second where it appears that Magatsu's strategy had worked. Just as he releases, however, Soushi disappears in a brief flash of Shunpo. Appearing in a low crouch to Magatsu's left (assuming he's right-handed), Soushi holds out his book.

"Bakudou 61: Rikujoukourou."

Soushi's movement works in such a way that the blades are already mid-swing by the time he has left the physical space he previously occupied. It's not a feat of speed so much as precise timing - it's easier to find an escape route when all the weapons are swinging in unison rather than to predict the movement of each individual blade one after the other.

Not that it matters now. At this close range, the six thin beams of light that materialize in a circle about Magatsu are not something Soushi expects him to dodge - though his left hand is held back behind himself for some reason, as though hiding something.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show