New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Episode 5 - Drunken Brawl! No actual drunks included!

Magatsu's eyes widened a fraction as the Bakudo materialized around him and lashed inwards, just as his two hovering spears flipped their shafts under his feet and spun, hurling him into the air and away from the binding light. "Not bad, Soushi-san, but that won't work on me. Bakudo 9: Seki!" Red light flared and three hovering swords launched at Soushi as Magatsu began a chant.

((OOC: I'm trying to come up with a good one for ****otsu Sansen, no luck so far.))
    Last edited by Wahrheit; 2010-10-15 at 06:43 PM.
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

2. - Top - End - #182
    Orc in the Playground

"The one thing I find most amusing about people who say things won't work on them is that they can't seem to come up with interesting offenses." Soushi offered simply. It was then he put forth the hand he'd been hiding behind his back. It held...

...a page from his book.

"Bakudou 75: Gochuutenkan."

The five massive pillars of his Bakudou shot down from the sky as, in accordance with the expected counterattack, Soushi used another well-timed Shunpo to reduce his opponent's ability to change his strategy midway.

Adding insult to injury, as he reappeared from a diagonal angle above, and to ensure his opponent would not escape, Soushi continued his assault.

"Bakudo 9: Geki! Bakudo 30: Sh*totsu Sansen!"

The energy of Geki washed forth towards Magatsu, but the expected light of the second Bakudo never comes... from him, at least.

It manifests from his previous position instead, shooting out of a page he'd apparently left behind shortly before he escaped.
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2010-10-15 at 07:02 PM.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

3. - Top - End - #183
    Dwarf in the Playground

"You use Gochuutenkan too much." Magatsu spared Soushi a contemptuous glance before vanishing into shunpo, apparently not even noticing the Sh*totsu Sansen approaching from behind... and didn't reappear near Soushi. Or anywhere below. "Ye lord! Mask of blood and flesh, all creation, flutter of wings, ye who bears the name of Man!" He'd gone straight up, actually reappearing within the circle of five falling iron pillars, using them for cover. "On the wall of blue flame, inscribe a twin lotus. In the abyss of conflagration, wait at the far heavens. Hado 73: Soren Sokatsui!" The fully-chanted Hado exploded from his hands in a wave of blue, using the sheer spread of the attack to cut off escape routes as his previously-launched blades returned to their array in the air around him.
    Last edited by Wahrheit; 2010-10-16 at 09:29 AM.

I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

4. - Top - End - #184
    Orc in the Playground

If there was one thing that Magatsu didn't disappoint Soushi at, it was keeping up the pressure. With all those weapons flying around, it was difficult to mount a proper strategy. Soushi seemed even somewhat surprised that he escaped that beautiful snare he'd constructed - and even ignoring his Geki entirely too.

The combined impact of Soren Soukatsui lifts up a gigantic wall of smoke on Soushi's position. It seems Magatsu may have overdone it...

...and that's exactly what Soushi lets him think for all of ten seconds. The time it takes for him to set up another trap.

Half a dozen pages float around in what looks like a circle around Magatsu. Their presence barely noticeable until a whispered voice activated each of them.

"Bakudou 21: Sekienton. Bakudou 63: Sajo Sabaku. Bakudou 61: Rikujoukourou. Bakudou 62: Hyapporankan. Bakudou 9: Hourin. Bakudou 73: Touzanshou."

Here's what happens. First, there's the red blast of Sekienton, in an attempt to disorient. Then, Sajo Sabaku goes to wrap Magatsu's weapons array. Then, Rikujoukourou, Hyapporankan and Hourin for attempted simultaneous binding.

And finally, Touzanshou, to try and ensure he's unable to shunpo away like the last time.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

5. - Top - End - #185
    Dwarf in the Playground

Magatsu's eyes widened. "CRAP! Hado 31: Okasen!" He fired the Kido and four of his blades near-blindly at the last "ping" he'd gotten from Soushi on his reiatsu radar before the mass of Bakudo enveloped him. The projectiles barely escaped the net, humming with explosive power, as Magatsu himself froze in midair, plainly furious.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Orc in the Playground

There wasn't one. Apparently, Soushi had hidden his presence with Kyokko before setting up his trap. Judging from the way the pages had come floating down however, Magatsu had a fairly good idea of what his last position had been. The blast is barely stopped by an Enkosen as the trap closes entirely.

"WHEW! Now THAT was a close one."

Undoing his Touzanshou, Soushi walked up to Magatsu and pointed at his sword-arm.

"Will you kindly relinquish that blade?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #187
    Dwarf in the Playground

He didn't release the kama in his hand. "Not yet! I can get out of this!" Magatsu snarled like a caged beast, his reiatsu flaring into a green blaze around him. The four launched blades rocketed back to him, as usual, but clattered to hang uselessly near his feet, apparently also subject to their master's paralysis. Magatsu continued to struggle against the Bakudo, growing more and more frustrated.

And then his "useless" blades swept through the air in quick succession, three of them forming a triangle around Soushi, with the fourth stopping aimed at his throat. "I propose we call this a draw."

8. - Top - End - #188
    Orc in the Playground

"It's going to hurt a little, then." With that, the air near Soushi's palm distorted as a violent thrust shot out of his hand towards Magatsu's.

"Hadou 1: Sho. Bakudou 8: Seki." With that, a small, circular shield formed around Soushi's throat and repelled the most dangerous of Magatsu's blades. One quick burst of shunpo later, he was standing on the other side.

"I won't ask again. Next time you get a Gochuutenkan for your troubles. You DID mention I loved using it..." Soushi briefly turned towards Saiyuri.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #189
    Orc in the Playground

[Sigint]

Sigint decided, since the Kyasarin vs. Minuet is apparently done, that he would pop up next to them. "Kyasarin-sama, Minuet-sama, are you two alright? You aren't hurt too badly, are you?"
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Dwarf in the Playground

Minuet released the other girl and stood, shaking her head and brushing dust from her clothes. Aside from some bruises on her back and a disheveled appearance, she was fine. She turned back and extended a hand to help pull Kyasarin up from the ground.
    We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty.

Former BleachITP player of the one and only Minuet.

Homebrew!
    The Freerunner, based on everyone's favorite parkour girl Faith Connors.
    The White Clad - Custom Base Class, based on the Assassin's Creed series, now with a bonus Prestige class - The Guildmaster.
    Star Wars Saga Edition Force Power Revamp, complete with new skill calculations and a shiny graph.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Bugbear in the Playground

((Oopsie forgot about this. Sorry.))

Kyasarin accepts the hand and is lifted up.
    Why would you be worried about me Sigint?
    She grins at him proudly.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

12. - Top - End - #192
    Orc in the Playground

"Because I feel it's my duty to make sure you aren't greatly harmed, both as an inferior officer and as a gentleman." Sigint gives a smile behind the mask. "That, and a healthy dash of paranoia makes me concerned about such things."
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ettin in the Playground

"I think we can safely say it's over for you, Shizuka-san", Sayuri chimes, striding towards the combatants from the sidelines, smiling... chillingly. "You've been trapped inside three different Bakudo over level 60 - it'd be a miracle if you could break your way out of that. Indeed, I'm not sure if we can get you out for the rest of the evening!"

If Magatsu and Soushi are feeling perceptive, they might notice there is some soot on Sayuri's shoulders, and the previously perfect bun she's kept her hair in has become loose, with few stray stands of hair hanging before her glasses. Glasses which have, by the way, been partially blackend by flame.

Yes, it might be that Magatsu's Soren Sokatsui was not well appreciated...
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

14. - Top - End - #194
    Orc in the Playground

There is a tiny bit of satisfaction hidden behind Soushi's impeccably smiling face.

She looks so much better when she's not looking like she's better than the ones around her.

"Oh, I wouldn't put it past Magatsu-kun to break free, but as it is... if it were real combat, I could stick a fork in him and call 'im done."

Soushi doesn't sound any more satisfied than his usual self. Briefly, he looked towards Daisuke, though he hid his movement behind the shadow of his hat.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ettin in the Playground

"Oh, and Nagamichi-san, you have the most curious combat style. Storing Kido spells into leafs of a book - the closest thing I've seen to that are Shirakawa-taichou's tattoos."

The ones I made, in any case.

"Would you mind telling me what kind of paper you use?"

And what would happen if I covered all of yours in ink...

16. - Top - End - #196
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Were this real combat, Soushi, you wouldn't have seen me coming." Magatsu rather rudly omitted any honorific in counter to Soushi's diminuitive one for him, but he seemed in a foul mood. Fouler than usual. "Let's try this again when I haven't just had a Renkyousou explode in my face." Magatsu's bared teeth this time couldn't even technically be called a smile, no matter how he tried. "Now dispel these."

17. - Top - End - #197
    Orc in the Playground

"Thank you, Saiyuri-san. Sadly, it's... not exactly that simple. If you'll recall, this was a battle with the aim to disarm, but I didn't have any weapon in hand the entire time..." He leaves Saiyuri to draw the obvious conclusion. "This also has some complications of its own. Every Kidou I store in these pages must have some of my own reiatsu trapped in, after all. But I absolutely love this book to death." <3

And yes, he's deliberately ignoring Magatsu's utterly irate demands.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #198
    Dwarf in the Playground

Minuet gave a noiseless chuckle at Signit's concern, then bowed respectfully to Kyasarin, silently thanking her for the fight.

She then faced Signit and pointed at herself, then him, and then made talking motions with her hands. Pulling him away from the now-wrapping up fights, she moved back to the others, but enough away that low voices would not be heard. She then looked at him seriously and nodded, letting him know he could start talking. She pointed at him, then looked around suspiciously, then tilted her head to indicate it was a question.

Homebrew!
    The White Clad - Custom Base Class, based on the Assassin's Creed series, now with a bonus Prestige class - The Guildmaster.
    Star Wars Saga Edition Force Power Revamp, complete with new skill calculations and a shiny graph.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThreadOfFate View Post
    Minuet gave a noiseless chuckle at Signit's concern, then bowed respectfully to Kyasarin, silently thanking her for the fight.

She then faced Signit and pointed at herself, then him, and then made talking motions with her hands. Pulling him away from the now-wrapping up fights, she moved back to the others, but enough away that low voices would not be heard. She then looked at him seriously and nodded, letting him know he could start talking. She pointed at him, then looked around suspiciously, then tilted her head to indicate it was a question.
    Sigint smirked behind the mask when Minuet gave her chuckle. Then, he got pulled off to the side.

He looked around to see if no one else could hear, and then lowered his voice. "What is it that you wanted to talk about, Minuet-sama?"
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #200
    Dwarf in the Playground

Signit's voice floats in from thin air: "However, lately I've been a bit...paranoid, shall we say. I feel like something's coming, and that we should be prepared for it."

Homebrew!

21. - Top - End - #201
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kyasarin frowns over at Minuet and Sigint. She doesn't like when she doesn't know things.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

22. - Top - End - #202
    Orc in the Playground

Signit's voice floats in from thin air: "However, lately I've been a bit...paranoid, shall we say. I feel like something's coming, and that we should be prepared for it."
    Sigint sighs. "Okay...Alright." His voice remains lowered.

"Okay, recently I've recieved a...cryptic warning from Taganjuu. I know this sounds insane, but I have...let's say an intimate trust in Taganjuu's sayings. What I believe he's saying, is that there is something coming..."

"Now, mind you, I don't want to put too much emphasis on this, and I would greatly appreciate it if you didn't mention this to anyone else and cause an alarm, but I do want to be prepared for anything that might come along."
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #203
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    Sigint sighs. "Okay...Alright." His voice remains lowered.

"Okay, recently I've recieved a...cryptic warning from Taganjuu. I know this sounds insane, but I have...let's say an intimate trust in Taganjuu's sayings. What I believe he's saying, is that there is something coming..."

"Now, mind you, I don't want to put too much emphasis on this, and I would greatly appreciate it if you didn't mention this to anyone else and cause an alarm, but I do want to be prepared for anything that might come along."
    Minuet is clearly concerned at this, with it picking at her still-active 10th Division side of wanting to keep the place safe.

She nods to indicate her silence, zipping her lips and hoping he'll catch the slight irony there. Smiling slightly, she pats his arm in a small form of assurance, then strikes a fighting pose and punches the air, confident they could beat whatever it is down.

Homebrew!

24. - Top - End - #204
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    "Thank you, Saiyuri-san. Sadly, it's... not exactly that simple. If you'll recall, this was a battle with the aim to disarm, but I didn't have any weapon in hand the entire time..." He leaves Saiyuri to draw the obvious conclusion. "This also has some complications of its own. Every Kidou I store in these pages must have some of my own reiatsu trapped in, after all. But I absolutely love this book to death." <3

And yes, he's deliberately ignoring Magatsu's utterly irate demands.
    With all the arguing, no one probably noticed Daisuke creep up behind Magatsu, pull out his tails, and begin drawing the reiatsu from the Bakudo. It took him until the end of Soushi's proclamation of love for his book, but he had managed to absorb the reiatsu from the Touzanshou, and the Hyapporankan, which left Daisuke bursting with energy from the absorbed Bakudo. He peeked over Magatsu to look at Sayuri. With five six-foot long tails poking over his shoulders.

"Um, could you move please? I need to release some of this excess reiatsu, and it'll be big."

Soushi might take offense at Daisuke absorbing his Bakudo, but Daisuke didn't really care. The more Daisuke could bother Soushi, the better. Maybe it would make the creepy fox man leave him alone. Daisuke hadn't noticed Soushi's glance, but he'd felt something look at him, and he'd guessed that it was Soushi. The man still creeped him out beyond belief.
    Last edited by Kayne650; 2010-10-18 at 12:13 AM.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Orc in the Playground

Minuet is clearly concerned at this, with it picking at her still-active 10th Division side of wanting to keep the place safe.

She nods to indicate her silence, zipping her lips and hoping he'll catch the slight irony there. Smiling slightly, she pats his arm in a small form of assurance, then strikes a fighting pose and punches the air, confident they could beat whatever it is down.
    The irony is not lost on Sigint, but he avoids chuckling at it. He does, however, chuckle at the fighting pose. "Thank you, Minuet-sama. For listening and for understanding. I am certain that we are in good, and safe hands."
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #206
    Orc in the Playground

Soushi actually did notice Daisuke's movement, but decided not to speak of it. Midway about the absorption, the "creepy fox-faced man" shot a slight glance at the boy, which if noticed... would also have the appearance of his having crept that smile of his a little further.

It wasn't unlike the smile a snake might have on its face upon watching an unsuspecting rabbit push into its territory.

But that smile vanished as soon as it was noticed.

"Oh, by all means, Da.I.Su.Ke.Cha.N." <3

Okay, you just knew there was something off about the man's head when he started spouting hearts in his speech bubbles for no apparent good reason.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ettin in the Playground

Sayuri leaves Soushi and Daisuke to their own devises as she turns and walks back to the side of the field, trying to get her pitch-black hair back to proper form. "Noburo-san, I see that you've yet to fight", she says to Arata. "The other duels seem to have ended, so it's your turn by all rights - I'm afraid your original opponents are both a bit winded, though. Would you like to test your skils with someone else?" She beckons towards the assorted people still lingering on the arena - Minuet and Kyasarin would probably still have steam for another fight, and Daisuke is still fresh and seemingly brimming with energy.

"Well?"

28. - Top - End - #208
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Soushi actually did notice Daisuke's movement, but decided not to speak of it. Midway about the absorption, the "creepy fox-faced man" shot a slight glance at the boy, which if noticed... would also have the appearance of his having crept that smile of his a little further.

It wasn't unlike the smile a snake might have on its face upon watching an unsuspecting rabbit push into its territory.

But that smile vanished as soon as it was noticed.

"Oh, by all means, Da.I.Su.Ke.Cha.N." <3

Okay, you just knew there was something off about the man's head when he started spouting hearts in his speech bubbles for no apparent good reason.
    Daisuke's five tails stood on end as Soushi spoke to him. That feeling of being hunted was back, and it was worse this time, like the bird was much closer to the dog. He hated it, and it made him feel helpless. Ignoring him for the time being, Daisuke took a step back and began.

A tail vanished from his back, appearing as a ball of energy coalesced in between his hands. "Hado 36: Kongobaku!"

The ball of blue energy became red and shot upwards as an enormous blast of pure destructive energy. A shockwave burst forth from Daisuke in a radius around him from the release of reiatsu roughly equivalent to an entire unseated Shinigami.

Daisuke exhaled, back with four tails, each one two feet shorter than before. "Okay, now I'm good again!" He said, reattaching his tails to the Rikujokoro and beginning to draw out the reiatsu.

It was obvious to Magatsu and Minuet that Daisuke had used way more power than usual to impress Sayuri, and hopefully get Soushi off his back.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Orc in the Playground

Soushi was not impressed. If anything, the child-like Shinigami's demonstration just made him more interested.

It's so cute of this boy to try and impress others. It just makes me want to tear him apart and make stew out of his limbs...

Soushi, seriously, that's REALLY freaking creepy.

Just doing my job. <3

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #210
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Sayuri leaves Soushi and Daisuke to their own devises as she turns and walks back to the side of the field, trying to get her pitch-black hair back to proper form. "Noburo-san, I see that you've yet to fight", she says to Arata. "The other duels seem to have ended, so it's your turn by all rights - I'm afraid your original opponents are both a bit winded, though. Would you like to test your skils with someone else?" She beckons towards the assorted people still lingering on the arena - Minuet and Kyasarin would probably still have steam for another fight, and Daisuke is still fresh and seemingly brimming with energy.

"Well?"
    "Hm? Oh yes, my apologies. Lost myself in thought. Yes, I believe i'll battle Daisuke-san. He almost seems to be showing off. This will be interesting."
    Arata stands up, draws the Hayai Ryoute and makes his way into the arena, his face nearly expressionless in his focus.
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Mage-King;
    Hydrogen Dioxide! It kills more people than ANYTHING ELSE! Billions are CHRONICALLY ADDICTED to it!

INCLUDING BABIES! THINK OF THE BABIES!
    Currently not doing any Let's Plays or AARs or anything, on account of being a lazy git. I'll get around to it eventually. Really.