New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Bitp:R] Hueco Mundo 2

Why wouldn't he expect it? She did say she was a Fraccion to the Octava, after all.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

2. - Top - End - #482
    Orc in the Playground

Pico...just stares at the two. Completely, deadpan, stare. In fact, he looks just a little annoyed, his eyes narrow and his head drops just a bit.

"Really? Right out in the middle of frikkin' everywhere? I don't want somebody trying to catch a look of this and get any funny ideas here."
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

3. - Top - End - #483

Ivaz starts laughing, breaking the making out.

Yes! That's hilarious. Wish somebody did see that...

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

4. - Top - End - #484
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    Pico...just stares at the two. Completely, deadpan, stare. In fact, he looks just a little annoyed, his eyes narrow and his head drops just a bit.

"Really? Right out in the middle of frikkin' everywhere? I don't want somebody trying to catch a look of this and get any funny ideas here."
    Indeed, Ivaz did. And that meant nothing to him, because he didn't actually know the Octava.

"Kiddo, you saw what we used to call "making out" back in my day and you'd be unable to talk for a week just trying to process it."
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

5. - Top - End - #485
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Indeed, Ivaz did. And that meant nothing to him, because he didn't actually know the Octava.

"Kiddo, you saw what we used to call "making out" back in my day and you'd be unable to talk for a week just trying to process it."
    "Then please, for the love of whatever god exists in...anywhere, don't."

"...Ever. I'm dead serious."
    Pico then goes searching for whatever alcohol is available. "Also, Round-and-Bouncy, don't try whatever the hell you just did with Rouga there with me. I ain't in the mood."
    Last edited by InyutheBeatIs; 2010-12-21 at 11:47 PM.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

6. - Top - End - #486

Ivaz is laughing hard now, giving reason to Pico's new nickname.

Round-and-Bouncy...hahaha...oh, that's priceless....

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

7. - Top - End - #487
    Orc in the Playground

Rouga pokes lightly. "Hey, he's right."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

8. - Top - End - #488
    Orc in the Playground

Pico finds another bottle! Yay!

"Of course I'm right! Why else would I call her that?!"

He then leans back his head and pours the contents of the bottle down into his mouth.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #489

Ivaz finally stops laughing.

Well, think I'm gonna head back to my neck of the woods, now. It was fun, Pico!

And with that, unless stopped, she'll walk right out the window.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

10. - Top - End - #490
    Orc in the Playground

Rouga whispers to Ivaz."So how long till he drinks himself to sleep so we can draw on his face?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #491
    Orc in the Playground

Pico jerked his head towards Ivaz in a nodding sort of fashion. "Later."

He...for some reason pays no mind to Rouga's plotting, as he's too busy enjoying what's left of the alcohol.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #492
    Ettin in the Playground

Meanwhile, a certain charming Fraccion leaps through Decima's sector, heading for the palace. Eventually, he makes it to the still-wrecked balcony where Apolinar, Pico and Rouga had their little fun not too long ago.

"Hello? Is Pico Kurazume here?", a cheerful voice calls out.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

13. - Top - End - #493

Cecilia awakes after being ignored asleep for quite sometime, and stands up out of her thrown, cracking her back in bemusement.

"Bah. Sleep is overrated."

She kicks her chair, cursing as she realizes her chair is... well.

Solid.

Stretching, she goes about surveying her territory.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

14. - Top - End - #494
    Ettin in the Playground

Throne Room

Vicente finds the Ghost King cleaning the sides of his mouth with a napkin, some odd limb on the floor pulling a broken cadaver down behind the throne.

"Back so soon Vicente?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

15. - Top - End - #495
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Throne Room

Vicente nods, though remembering his last visit, he does not immediately bow or kneel.

"I have had a productive few days, Your Majesty. I have applied every aspect of myself to bettering my power, my skill, and my resources in battle. I feel I have rediscovered myself in some small way. And I think I've hit a barrier on my current power."

He shows off the Omni-Gauntlets, and he throws his cloak back, doing something to it that allows his reiatsu signature to leak through. It's not a dramatic increase, but the King can tell he has increased his own power somewhat.

"I believe I am ready for the next stage."
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

16. - Top - End - #496
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Meanwhile, a certain charming Fraccion leaps through Decima's sector, heading for the palace. Eventually, he makes it to the still-wrecked balcony where Apolinar, Pico and Rouga had their little fun not too long ago.

"Hello? Is Pico Kurazume here?", a cheerful voice calls out.
    [Pico's Palacio]

Pico perks up at the mentioning of his name.

"Yo. 'sup." Pico looks down at Lalita. He's leaning against the top of the area around where the balcony used to be. He takes a sip of the slightly burnt bottle of alcohol. "Now, whaddya want? You look familiar...you from the barracks? Sharky send you?"
    Last edited by InyutheBeatIs; 2010-12-22 at 08:47 PM.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #497
    Ettin in the Playground

Lalita observes Pico's posture, duly noting the slur in his speech.

Clearly, the Decima is drunk as a stone.

"I'm afraid I don't know anyone called 'Sharky', Lord Decima", Lalita chirps, tilting his head left slightly, his earrings glinting in the light. He's wearing a pure white, silken kimono and bright red hakama, reminiscent of a shrine maiden's outfit. Despite the relative simplicity of the outfit, he wears it with remarkable grace. Oddly enough, his other sleeve hangs in a way suggesting it's empty.

His appearance is well-groomed in other ways as well - indeed, it's a small miracle Pico recognized him at all! He's wearing faint red lipstick, plus some mascara, powder and other make-up - not in a way that'd jump on your face though. Rather, it's clear he's put much effort in appearing as fine tasteful as possible. To a more keen-eyed observer, it'd be obvious he's downplaying his masculine features to appear more feminine - and succeeding, to the point he not only passes but manages to look pretty good while at it.

Indeed, it's quite amazing that the same man just recently arrived from days-long trip from a desert after fighting countless battles to death.

Of course, currently Lalita is musing whether his efforts are a bit excessive - it's not like you can expect Pico to see much more than a vaguely attractive humanoid-shaped blur (or two) in his current state.

Softly, the Fraccion steps on the balcony before pico. "I'm honored you remember such an unworthy being as myself, Lord", he chimes coyly and curtseys. "I'm pleased to find you this soon. How are you doing? Hopefully well."

18. - Top - End - #498
    Orc in the Playground

[Pico's Palacio]

Indeed, he was drunk. Surprisingly, his drunken vision is more "multiple people" and less "blur".

At that point, he was starting to get irritated. "I said whaddya want?! You ain't from the barracks, then who the hell are ya?!" He leans in, and notices that...she's got makeup? "...You some kinda woman? I ain't interested."
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #499
    Ettin in the Playground

Lalita hides his smile with his healthy hand as he straightens up. "Oh? But I've heard you're quite popular with ladies - maybe I've been misled?" His eyes glint playfully as he watches Pico through half-closed lids. He tiptoes to glance over Pico's shoulder. "Or maybe you already have someone in your sights? In that case, I must apologize and leave - though if it'd not be too much of an interruption, I'd be glad to stay for a drink or two."

20. - Top - End - #500
    Orc in the Playground

Pico smirks. "Pffff, who told you? And that ain't none of yer business!!!"

"...Ah, who cares...yeah, get on up he-...eeeeere never-frikkin'-mind."
    He says as "she" tiptoes over his shoulder. He then hands her one of the last bottles of alcohol left. It's pretty singed, all things considered. Of course, it's rather limp in his hand. "'ere. Take it already.."
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #501
    Ettin in the Playground

Throne Room

"Do you now..."

Von Geister shifts on his throne, crossing his legs.

"So. What comes next?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

22. - Top - End - #502
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Throne Room

Vicente stays silent for several long moments. Clearly, he is carefully considering his next words. Finally, he speaks, his voice coming out in slow, measured syllables.

"Your Majesty, I will be honest, and admit ignorance here. I have theories. I know from what little research I've cobbled together that Segunda Etapa is a form that often calls back to the days of being a "traditional" Vasto Lorde, whereas our initial Resurreccion calls back to our Adjuchas days. Yet, that is not the complete picture. I theorize that while our "everyday" form is that one born of suppression and control of our more bestial nature, and our Resurreccion is a form born of giving in to that self-same nature, Segunda Etapa is the state wherein we find balance. We take all the strengths of our inner beast, and we compress and mold it to a form that allows us even greater control and flexibility. This compression also aids in increasing our power output and efficiency.

What I lack, Your Majesty, is knowledge of how to ultimately achieve this balance. I feel I have strode closer to it, but it seems there is a crucial factor, or even factors, I am missing.
    "

23. - Top - End - #503
    Ettin in the Playground

Throne Room

"Ah, yes, yes. It is a way of looking at it... Does put in question the likes of Genoveva and Edward, however. Then again, some might just not have enough raw power in their very natures to achieve segunda etapa, right? But lucky for them, there are many ways to come to power."

The odd limb from before stretches from behind the throne, lowering a bloodied katana to Von Geister's hands.

"But that is conjecture, fit for a phylosophical debate between us and Alejandro later."

Von Geister runs a finger along the side of the blade, checking the ichor that sticks to his finger and then tasting it.

"Hmm... She had shikai, fire based. Exquisite. I have three questions Vicente. How does a shinigami achieve shikai? How does a shinigami achieve bankai? And how do we arrancar achieve resurreccion?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

24. - Top - End - #504
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Throne Room

Once more, Vicente seemed to carefully collect his thoughts, one hand resting on his sword hilt, its fingers drumming out a slow rhythm. After a time, he spoke.

"It has been approximately a century since I last studied the process in-depth. However, I do recall several key points.

To answer the first question: Shinigami have to achieve a certain level of sympathetic synchronization with their Zanpakuto Spirits, shown by them learning the name of the sword's Spirit. At this point, they can call upon their Shikai.

To answer the second question: This is a less consistent answer. First and foremost, it seems to require an ability to manifest a representation of the aforementioned Zanpakutou Spirit in the physical world. After that, the Shinigami has to undergo some sort of trial to truly master their sword, gaining full access to its powers. This trial varies, and while some Zanpakutou seem to require combat, others go for rather more esoteric methods.

We Arrancar gain our Resurreccion by getting back in touch with our sealed power. This typically does not take an extraordinary amount of time, usually occurring not long after we've mastered our more basic abilities. It entails focusing on our power reserves that are sealed within our swords, then visualizing our old form, and finally bringing our power out in a similar form. A fair amount of the process seems to be unconscious and reflexive, in fact. As if our bodies almost desire the change.
    "

25. - Top - End - #505
    Ettin in the Playground

Throne Room

Von Geister smiles.

"Excellent. You can draw a few conclusions from that comparison, can't you?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

26. - Top - End - #506
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Throne Room

Vicente frown, rubbing his chin in thought.

"In a broad sense, yes. However, the key difference is in the basic nature of our swords as opposed to the Shinigami. Theirs seem to have individual, sentient fragments of their own souls serving as the focal point of their powers. Hence the manifestation I mentioned. Our swords, on the other hand, are, for lack of a better term, "batteries", combined with a touch of "armory". We simply store power in them, as well as our forms."

27. - Top - End - #507
    Ettin in the Playground

Throne Room

Von Geister runs his finger across the sword in his hand once more, the blood covering the blade boiling and shifting into a bone-like cover with a serrated edge.

"Wouldn't it be so convenient to have a helpful little voice in your weapon telling you what you need to do? But we have no such crutches to our achievements, we must find those things by ourselves, by instinct, by reflex. Like you said before."

A low cough and a gasp for air sound behind the throne.

"I think my guest is awake once more Vicente. Do you think we have anything else left to discuss?"
    Last edited by Draken; 2010-12-23 at 12:03 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

28. - Top - End - #508
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Throne Room

As Von Geister repeated mention of "instinct" and "reflex", a light seemed to go on in Vicente's eyes.

"Unless you have something you require from me, Your Majesty, I believe our time for now is done. You have given me much to think upon. Many thanks."

Unless stopped, he turns and leaves the room, heading back to his home sector to ponder what he's been told.

29. - Top - End - #509
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    Cecilia awakes after being ignored asleep for quite sometime, and stands up out of her thrown, cracking her back in bemusement.

"Bah. Sleep is overrated."

She kicks her chair, cursing as she realizes her chair is... well.

Solid.

Stretching, she goes about surveying her territory.
    A crackle of Sonido, then Caiphus appeared beside and slightly behind Cecilia. His mask covered his ever-impassive face as he knelt beside Cecilia.

"Good to see that you are awake, milady. Is there anything with which I might assist you?"
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

30. - Top - End - #510
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    Pico smirks. "Pffff, who told you? And that ain't none of yer business!!!"

"...Ah, who cares...yeah, get on up he-...eeeeere never-frikkin'-mind."
    He says as "she" tiptoes over his shoulder. He then hands her one of the last bottles of alcohol left. It's pretty singed, all things considered. Of course, it's rather limp in his hand. "'ere. Take it already.."
    "Come now, Pico. No one will blame you for giving in while drunk." Rouga teased. Though Lalita's work is indeed remarkable, Rouga was still able to see through and identify the male beneath the make-up. Perhaps it was the lack of distinctive female features of any kind that gave him away.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show