New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Banned

Lightbulb [Power] Well, that was unpleasant...

I'm surprised they never published something like this...

Fleshed Psychosis

Metacreativity [creation] and Telepathy [mind-affecting]
    Level: Psion/Wilder 6
    Display: Mental and visual
    Manifesting Time: 1 round
    Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
    Effect: 1 summoned phthisic
    Duration: 1 round/level (D)
    Saving Throw: See augment 3
    Power Resistance: Yes; see augment 3
    Power Points: 11

This power allows you to dredge up your deepest shames and fears and give it form and flesh in the shape of a phthisic. The phthisic appears where you designate and act immediately, on your turn. They attack your opponents to the best of their ability. Your phthisic can speak any language you do, and you can direct it to not attack, to attack particular enemies, or to perform other actions.
    Augment: You can augment this power in one or both of the following ways.
    1. For every power point you spend the Phthisic's HD increases by 1.
    2. If you spend an additional 4 power points its duration becomes 1 min/level.
    3. If you spend 2 additional power points you can instead summon a phthisic from the mind of a living creature with an intelligence of 3 or higher within 60 feet. They gain a will save to prevent you from accessing their minds. If the phthisic is successfully summoned, the individual it was dredged from must succeed on another will save at the DC above or be affected as by the Aversion power, with the phthisic being the target of their aversion. They must make a save each round they remain within 30 feet of it.

Incarnate: You can make this phthisic permanent with the Incarnate power. Minimum manifester level 13th. 5,000 XP. When the duration of the power ends you lose control over the phthisic and it will normally attack the nearest creature.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Psionic Tumor

Psychometabolism
    Level: Psion/Wilder 4
    Display: Visual
    Manifesting Time: 1 standard action
    Range: Touch
    Target: 1 living creature
    Duration: 1 min./level (D)
    Saving Throw: Fortitude negates
    Power Resistance: Yes
    Power Points: 7

You cause the target to grow a strange tumor that soaks up positive energy and takes over the body's healing to benefit itself. The target does not heal naturally, and regeneration and fast healing is reduced to 1 point per round. If their regeneration or fast healing only is 1 point per round the tumor gains nothing from it. As well, any supernatural healing, such as from Cure Wounds is absorbed by the tumor. It has no hit points itself, but for every hit point the target would gain through regeneration, fast healing, a curing spell and similar, the tumor stores those hit points.
    The target is considered to be 'willing' for the Empathic Transfer and Share Pain powers, though the points transferred are only those that the tumor has acquired.
    This tumor can be destroyed with a disease killing power or spell, though an opposed caster/manifester check must be made. Even if the other succeeds there is still a 25% chance that the tumor sucks up the healing energy and is unaffected.
    Augment: If you spend 6 additional power points the tumor can empathically heal you of up to 50 hit points per round at a range of Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels). It cannot share more hit points than it has stored.
    Last edited by The Vorpal Tribble; 2010-10-07 at 12:18 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [Power] Well, that was unpleasant...

So... you can spend 5,000 XPs to have something based on pretty much everything you DON'T like to think about, or want other people to know wandering around and which you have no particular control over?... WHY would anyone EVER do this? Simply summoning it (rather than incarnating it) would be... an emergency measure at best if viewed from a RP standpoint.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Banned

So... you can spend 5,000 XPs to have something based on pretty much everything you DON'T like to think about, or want other people to know wandering around and which you have no particular control over?... WHY would anyone EVER do this?
    #1. Doesn't have to come from you. You have what the enemy doesn't want to know about. You have a creature that is a permanent aversion to it, going after it.

#2. It seems to pretty much attack what is in sight. Let it loose in an army and run.

#3. It's only 1 CR away from a Flesh Golem, which costs 10,000 xp and a lot of money. I thought the 5,000 xp reduction, no money lost, and much less time to create would make up for the fact it doesn't obey you after a minute or two.

#4. Therapeutic value by getting it out into the open to destroy your enemies? Not like you can't just use dominate on it or something. Its will isn't the best.

#5. Subverted Psion
    Last edited by The Vorpal Tribble; 2010-10-07 at 12:11 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

#1 basically takes care of any objection I had. Everything else is gravy.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Hmmmm... gravy...

Augmenting Psionic Tumor allows it to heal you per round only for up to the amount it has soaked up or 50 - whichever is higher - or just does it heal you 50 hp/round, no matter what? Do you also need to be within a certain range of the victim to be healed?

And I'd love to use Fleshed Psychosis for a character who wants to be a psychiatrist and tries to use it on enemies to "cure" them.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

6. - Top - End - #6
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by M-Bark View Post
    Hmmmm... gravy...
    It's the graviest.

Augmenting Psionic Tumor allows it to heal you per round only for up to the amount it has soaked up or 50 - whichever is higher - or just does it heal you 50 hp/round, no matter what?
    "It cannot share more hit points than it has stored."

It also can't heal you past full hit points, just like any power.

Do you also need to be within a certain range of the victim to be healed?
    Meant to add it had a range of 'Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels of manifester)'

And I'd love to use Fleshed Psychosis for a character who wants to be a psychiatrist and tries to use it on enemies to "cure" them.
    "I don't know. They told me to say it. Sex is why we gamble, sex is why we drink, sex is why we give birth. I'm taking a five-dollar chip. That was a house call." - Dr. Sidney Freedman, M*A*S*H