New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Conquering the Fantasy Kitchen Sink - Let's Play Sengoku Gensokyo!

Her WIS and RNG is great, and her ability is actually useful to me. I also think Meiling's pretty good. Can dish out damage and can also take it, much like Ran and Yukari.

Personally, I pity Letty the most out of the characters in this game. It's played for laughs, but when you think about it, getting woken up in the middle of hibernation and getting your sleeping schedule disrupted, being dragged around and forcibly enlisted in an army, and having to babysit a bunch of loud "children" while being really really sleepy can't be fun at all.
    Last edited by PKF995; 2010-11-29 at 05:11 PM.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Firbolg in the Playground

Get well soon! Being sick is never fun.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Orc in the Playground

This is getting really good so far. I just read through all the chapters in two nights, and I'm looking forward to the rest of it.
    Fluttershy in the Playground. I'm okay with this.

Oh yeah, also: Follow me in my current Screenshot LP of Pokémon Liquid Crystal! (Now probably a lost cause, since the original thread is over six months old, if not longer!)

It's Pants, the Musical Superstar!

4. - Top - End - #364
    Bugbear in the Playground

Well, I'm still sick, and I've still got a lot to do tomorrow, but right now I don't care. I'm on such an emotional high. Why? Because I just got the acceptance e-mail from one of my top medical school choices: University of Michigan. It's ranked #6 med school in the U.S., it has a great curriculum, it's located in the lovely town of Ann Arbor, and it looks likely that I'll be headed there next Fall!

So yeah, I'm so excited right now, I can hardly contain it.
    Check out my Let's Plays: Sengoku Gensokyo (Complete!), Touhoumon (Complete!), and Labyrinth of Touhou
    Jade Curtiss avatar by Teutonic Knight

5. - Top - End - #365
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
    Well, I'm still sick, and I've still got a lot to do tomorrow, but right now I don't care. I'm on such an emotional high. Why? Because I just got the acceptance e-mail from one of my top medical school choices: University of Michigan.
    Congratulations! Good luck with it.
    Imagine if all real-world conversations were like internet D&D conversations...
    Protip: DnD is an incredibly social game played by some of the most socially inept people on the planet - Lev
    I read this somewhere and I stick to it: "I would rather play a bad system with my friends than a great system with nobody". - Trevlac
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelb_Panthera View Post
    That said, trolling is entirely counterproductive (yes, even when it's hilarious).

6. - Top - End - #366
    Banned

Congratulations on the acceptance. Good luck over there.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Congratulations. That's the kind of school I'd like to go to later on in life.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Ogre in the Playground

Congratulations.

9. - Top - End - #369

Yay!

Spoiler
    Show
    http://www.tweak3d.net/forums/imagehosting/12254a885fadccc3b.gif

10. - Top - End - #370
    Orc in the Playground

Congrats on your acceptance! There's one problem down, just that sickness and work load to deal with now.

11. - Top - End - #371

Thank you for all the congrats! As promised, I'm back with more!

Let's Play Sengoku Gensokyo - Day 58

Spoiler
    Show
    Remilia: Oh my, Reimu? It's odd to see you coming here.

Reimu: Yeah, sorta...This place reeks of fresh blood.

Oh, does it? No one else has told me that before. Sakuya's cleaning is perfect after all.

Perhaps it's just me, then. I don't remember Marisa saying anything like that either.

Indeed, you're likely being oversensitive. Besides, this is the mansion of a vampire. The scent of fresh blood shouldn't be odd here.

Ugh, this place gives me the chills. I'll just be heading on back home, then.

Hm, didn't you come here for something?

Ahh, that's right. I came to request you to lend your strength to us.

Very well.

...That was easy.

I do have a condition, though. The next time I visit the shrine, don't greet me with such an unwelcome expression on your face.

Hmm...

I have no qualms rescinding my agreement to your proposal if you do not wish to fulfill my condition.

......Alright, I'll try my best.

That will be fine. Do call whenever you need me.

Even if you say that...Would you be okay under the sun and all?

That's nothing to worry about, I can simply use a parasol. Ah, rainy days might be out of the question, though.

...You really are extremely weird for a vampire.

Remilia Scarlet became an ally.

Marisa: Gah, I've encountered someone reaaaally troublesome.

Flandre: That's mean. You're the one who came over here after all.

It's such a low chance to encounter one though, there's no way I'm gonna run!

Huh? Did you come to play with me?

I'll hafta pass, playing danmaku with ya tires me out.

Ehh? So booooring. What are you doing here then?

I was just thinkin' that you probably wanted to play some more.

Yeah, that's why you should've offered!

No no no, I didn't mean play with me.

...Ahh, you're still playing that other game, right? I already lost at it, though.

But if ya become my ally, ya can play some more.

Ally...? Is that like...a friend?

Hmm, ya could say that, sorta.

But that meanie...I mean, sister will probably get mad.

I'm sure she'll listen to me and Reimu. If ya get outta line though, we'll be returning ya back to Remilia.

Wah, I don't wanna be punished!

Then be a good girl, alright?

Okaaay...If I'm listening and being a good girl, can I squeeze and pop things?

...Sorry, but no.

That's so boring. You're just like sister.

Punishment time.

I'm sorry. Anyway, call on me anytime! ...Oh yeah, rainy days might be bad though.

...Maybe this wasn't such a good idea after all.

Flandre Scarlet became an ally.

Sakuya: For someone who committed such grievous sins against Milady, you certainly have some nerve to show your face around here.

Reimu: Hey, I didn't do anything that bad. I doubt she'll die from those stakes and orbs I shoot anyway.

And what if she does?

Well, that's not my problem.

Ahh, such a ruthless and cold-hearted shrine maiden. Milady, I will be sure to die by your side~.

I'm pretty sure you're being more rude than I am at this point.

Putting aside Milady's matters for now, what might you be here for?

I was impressed with your strength, so I'm here to extract you out and into my army.

So you're headhunting? You certainly have guts to suggest I betray Milady right in front of me. Prepare to be sliced.

Put away that knife already...Er, anyway, since you lost to us, I came to request for our assistance.

An order is nothing like a request. Hm...Well, since it's you, Milady won't be too fussy about it. As long as it doesn't interfere with my work, I'll help.

Okay, thanks. I do have a condition before I accept, though.

That should be my line.

Just ignore that part...I mean, tell your master to stop coming to my shrine whenever she pleases already.

That should also be my line. She disappears from here all the time, only to end up at your shrine...You clearly spoil her too much.

She's the one being a bother to me!

And do something about Marisa already. Lady Patchouli has been working herself ragged trying to come up with countermeasures against that thief.

...Alright, I'll talk to her about it.

Mm, please do.

...How did I end up having to explain myself?

Sakuya Izayoi became an ally.

Marisa: Heya, how's it goin'?

Patchouli: Go home.

What, you're mad again? Did I do somethin' wrong?

Being ignorant to it only makes you look worse. How did you even get here, anyway?

Huh, I just entered normally.

Don't lie. I set several traps just for you all the way up to here.

Ahh, now that ya mention it...They were pretty interestin' attractions.

So many traps would make you think twice about trying to enter, no?

How foolish. If there's traps, that's plenty of reason to try!

...So you knew about them before you came.

And with the library holdin' books awaitin' me at the end...It's like climbin' a mountain cuz it's there!

*sigh*...Do you even know why I set so many traps in the first place?

Hmm...I dunno. Why?

...Forget it. I was silly to have any hope in you in the first place...If you just went about it normally, I wouldn't even mind lending them to you...

T'is better to win somethin' with your own two hands, than to have it given to you, eh? ...Ah, but that ain't what I came here for anyway.

Since we lost, we have to do what you say, right?

Ohh, ya catch on real fast. Right then, let's work well together!

However, in return for helping me, I want you to...Well, asking you not to take it would be hopeless, but do at least return it properly.

Fine fine, I gotcha. I'll see what I can do 'bout it. Anyway, see ya!

Ah, by the way, don't take the book over there!

......Oh? That's real strange, this book has a lock for some reason. She told me to take it, didn't she? Guess I will!

Patchouli Knowledge became an ally.

Reimu: I've never said this out loud...but I've always thought you were quite strong.

Meiling: W-What? Even if you didn't mean anything bad by it, saying it so suddenly makes me think otherwise...

Oh come on, I was just complimenting you.

A compliment out of nowhere is even more troubling.

...Well, that's disappointing. I figured she probably doesn't get praised a lot, so being a little nice to her would bring her over instantly...

I can hear you, you know...

Oops, was I thinking out loud again?

And that's mean, I do get praised when I work really hard.

When was the last time, then?

...*sob sob*

Sorry, I shouldn't have brought that up...Uh, anyway, on to more important things. From now on, you'll be working for my army, so do your best.

I don't get a say!?

Of course not. Your mistress already lost to me, so my words take precedence over Remilia's now.

*sigh*...I suppose so. Ah, but please keep in mind that I'm still the gatekeeper for this mansion, so I can't slack off on that...

Oh, I know. I'll make sure to call on you while you're working.

...You've explained that to Ms. Sakuya and Milady, then?

I don't talk about private matters.

...*sob sob*...

Hong Meiling became an ally.

Eientei attacks the Human Village again, but this time all they've got are a handful of generics. A combination of Master Spark and Perfect Freeze took them out several at a time.

With a new group of five characters added to our ranks, we'll be able to do three fights per turn if necessary now.

Lily: Ah~ahhhh~Mm~hmm~hmmm~ The scent of spring lingers gently in the air~.

Lily White was merrily singing along with the performance. Lunasa played melancholic music, Merlin made maniacal sounds, and Lyrica weaved the contrary sounds together. It was truly fantastical music.

Spring~ Spring~ Spring of the four seasons~ The cherry blossoms in your heart are in full~ bloom~.

Lyrica: ...Whew. Hm~, that was pretty good! That makes another spring song for us to add to the programme, huh?

Lunasa: Yes, the sounds were even better than I had expected.

Merlin: Oh yeah, speaking of the programme, we need to decide the theme for our next live performance. Since Lily's around, it should be bright, lively, and happy!

Ehh~, our last live performance was built around you as the main performer already.

That's right, so that won't do. It's my turn next.

You were the main performer two live shows ago, sister. It's my turn next! My piano-playing will knock them all dead!

What will you do if they really die~? Anyway, let's have Lily decide. She's impartial after all!

Huh?

I object.

So do I! She'll just do as you say!

Nah, she won't. Hey Lily, I should be the main performer for our next live show, right~?

She hugged the fairy.

Spring~! Spring, yes, spring! Ahahaha!

See? Even Lily says so.

She only said that cuz you made her react like that.

Hm...Then let's make it fair for all of us.

...Ehh?

The three of them turned towards Lily.

Yeah, a spring-themed live performance sounds good!

I agree~!

So, Lily. We would like you to appear with us on our next live performance as a guest. What do you think?

Um, that's...Is that spring?

That's up to you.

If you sing about spring, it'll surely become spring~!

Okay, I'll be happy to sing about spring! I'm not very good at it though...

Don't worry about that! Let's practice for our next performance!

Yes! Spring, spring and coils and twirls~!

...That's not quite right.

It seemed like a normal and peaceful day at the Hakurei Shrine. The rays of sunlight from the scorching sun easily heated up all that wasn't covered from it...But certain people's minds were not able to accept the appearance of yet another seemingly normal day. Reimu and Marisa had been fidgety and restless ever since they woke up.

Marisa: ...Hey, Reimu.

Reimu: ...What?

I wanna, you know, do -that-.

Hmm...It has been a while since we've made some noise and had some fun...like -that-.

Yeah...We haven't done -that- for a while. So let's!

I don't think it's something to get so irritated over...But well, why not? We need to relax a bit every now and then.

Aren't you always relaxin'?

Oh, I'm very worried. Especially about the cleaning up after.

There was a certain corner of the shrine which was opened up for events like flower-viewing in spring. Humans and youkai would come to that place, mingle with each other, drink, sing, and otherwise have fun. Reimu and Marisa spread out a mat in the shade of that area, and carried over a bottle of sake in each hand. Even though it was past the middle of summer, the early afternoon sun was still very warm.

...Whew, my hair is heating up.

It is? I ain't feelin' it.

Duh, you're wearing a hat. Now, let's drink to our heart's content, surrounded by the greenness of nature...That's some really good sake you brought.

You always gotta prepare for times like these. Your bottle looks real interestin' too. Is that home-made plum sake?

It's a vintage from decades ago. It's probably quite strong, so I wouldn't recommend drinking it pure.

Sounds like a challenge 'ta me. I'll pour myself a cup! Whoa whoa, it's startin' to spill!

...You're as slovenly as an old geezer.

Shaddup. Down it goes! Guh!? *cough cough cough*...

See? I told you.

This is...quality stuff...Mix it with some of this Oni-killing stuff here, and...

???: Do stop that, it's such a waste.

A third voice interrupted their conversation. The voice belonged to Remilia. She was accompanied by Patchouli, the parasol-holding Sakuya, and the bag-carrying Meiling. The SDM was in full attendance.

Hold on a second, what are you all doing here? And bringing things here at that.

Ooh, I know! It's a visit to the shrine to give thanks!

Remilia: Obviously not. Why would we bring all these things here if that were the case? Meiling.

Meiling: Yes...Whew, so heavy.

Meiling placed the bags she was carrying in front of Reimu with a loud clank. Opening the bag and taking a quick peek inside revealed several bottles giving off the scent of alcohol.

There's many kinds of exquisite wine there. Perfect for flower-viewing.

Sakuya: Milady, we are not in the season for that.

Patchouli: It's more like wine-tasting, indeed.

This shade looks like it will protect you well, Milady.

The mat's laid down now~.

Hey, wait!

The members of the SDM took up a position under the shade of a tree, and set up in their usual talkative way. They ignored Reimu's call and continued unpacking the win, glasses and sweets and spread them out.

Sakuya, this wine is normal, isn't it?

Yes, Meiling and Lady Patchouli are present, after all.

You could've just added it to my glass alone.

I do not believe it could be preserved outside the mansion.

...I prefer tea over alcohol anyway.

Me: Uh, is it really okay for me to be enjoying such high-class food and drinks...?

We brought them to be enjoyed, so do so to your fullest.

I have brought cinnamon tea especially for you as well, Lady Patchouli.

It's going to get warm under this sun.

Coldness in the stomach is like poison to the body. How about you two? Would you prefer tea or wine?

Ooh, we can have some? Hehe, I've never drank something as rich as this before!

Marisa! How can you treat this so casually!

Bah, ain't it fine? Drinkin's more fun when there's more people to drink with anyways.

Now now, what will you have, Reimu?

There isn't blood in it, is there?

As I have said, it is perfectly normal for people.

If you think...*gulp*...you can....*munch munch*...bribe me with this...*swig*...Just thice once, okay!

Yeah! Let's get this party started!

...In the end, everyone enjoyed the sake drinking party immensely. By the time the Scarlet Devil Mansion crew left, the sun had already fallen.

Maaan, that was a ton of fun. They get to eat such amazin' stuff everyday...I'm kinda jealous.

...This place looks like a disaster.

A festival is always followed by the cleanup. Reimu looked left and right at the messes left everywhere, and sighed.

It's gettin' late, so I'll be headin' back too.

Oh no you don't! You're helping to clean up too!

Turn: 58
    Ouki: 10331
    Ryumaku: 88/114
    Actions Available: 3

Our Territories:

Hakurei Shrine
    Defense: 250/250
    Cost to Develop: 27 RES

Night-Blind Road
    Defense: 160/160
    Cost to Develop: 33 RES

Faintly Dark Path
    Defense: 175/175

Magic Forest Entrance
    Defense: 180/180

Magic Forest Border

Magic Forest Interior
    Defense: 210/210
    cost to Develop: 9 RES

Road of Reconsideration
    Defense: 190/190
    Cost to Develop: 30 RES

Muenzuka
    Defense: 215/215
    Cost to Develop: 6 RES

Human Village
    Defense: 150/310

Garden of the Sun
    Cost to Develop: 21

Nameless Hill
    Defense: 205/205
    Cost to Develop: 9

Misty Lake
    Defense: 225/225

SDM Gate
    Defense: 230/230

Great Library
    Defense: 195/195
    Cost to Develop: 12

Clock Tower

SDM Top Floor

Enemy Territories:

Lost Bamboo Forest
    Army: Eientei Forest
    General: Reisen Udongein Inaba

Eientei
    General: Kaguya Houraisan (leader)

Blossoms Barrier
    Army: Hakugyokurou Hades
    General: Prismriver Sisters
    Defense: 220/220

Hakugyokurou Stairs
    General: Youmu Konpaku
    Defense: 200/200

Hakugyokurou
    General: Yuyuko Saigyouji (leader)
    Defense: 235/235

Yakumo Residence
    Army: Yakumo Clan
    General: Yukari Yakumo (leader)
    Defense: 310/310

Special Events:

War Declaration: Yakumo Clan
    Costs 10 NEG to declare war.

I recruited all but Koakuma, partly due to votes, partly due to NEG limitations, and partly due to the fact that she's pretty bad at everything except for special boss fights (of which there are only 4 in the game).

What should be the pace of our attacks? One, two, or three offensive attacks per turn? Or should we proactively defend the Human Village once first?
    Check out my Let's Plays: Sengoku Gensokyo (Complete!), Touhoumon (Complete!), and Labyrinth of Touhou

12. - Top - End - #372

Attack Eientei twice and wait for an attack with the third fighting group.

13. - Top - End - #373
    Barbarian in the Playground

Seconding the 2 Att/turn. Last action ought to go to developing SDM territories, or maybe Muenzuka. Anything that's out of the way and doable with the low-levels crew.

Counter-attacking on the village would burn us an action for a 2-attack buffer at most, when taking down the two enemy territories next to it makes it safe on a more permanent basis.
    There is a 1-turn risk of being attacked by both sides, bringing the village down to 70 control, but it's a pretty low risk given how unaggressive the AI is. When the Bamboo forest goes down on the turn after we're pretty much safe. And once Eientei goes down, the village regains any control loss caused by them, right?
    It is more of a disclaimer than a name. Essay, Inc., or the like are all fine as shorthand.
    Things i made from clay, wire & paint.
    An opportunity to have your a bust of your character sculpted, details at the end of this post.
    Currently 4/30 slots claimed.

Creatively inclined? Join the Playground's CHALLENGE! Up your productivity today!

14. - Top - End - #374
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Flandre Scarlet View Post
    ...Ahh, you're still playing that other game, right? I already lost at it, though.
    Dammit Flandre... I had gone several weeks without losing the game.

Anyway, attacking twice and then developing Muenzuka sounds like a wise choice.
    Patchouli Knowledge avatar courtesy of the skillful Prime32.

"Everyone feels benevolent if nothing happens to be annoying him at the moment."
    --C. S. Lewis

"The first person to prove that cow's milk is drinkable was very, very thirsty."

15. - Top - End - #375
    Banned

Double attacking the forest and developing an SDM area sounds good to me as well. Also i see that we're well on the way to getting one of the major scenes in the game now., which i certainly can't complain about.

16. - Top - End - #376
    Orc in the Playground

At risk of sounding like a parrot, I support the "2 attacks + develop" procedure. Also, I found Koakuma to be a reasonably good Res unit, but that's not as big of a deal right now so it doesn't matter.

Am I the only person who doesn't like how Lily uses the word "spring" so much? I mean I know she's supposed to be announcing and associated with spring, but that sorta got annoying after a while.

17. - Top - End - #377
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Mmm yeah. I support 2 attacks + Development.
    Last edited by PKF995; 2010-12-03 at 03:24 PM.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Ogre in the Playground

So I guess I'm repeating the idea of attacking the Eientei faction, and development, but I would prefer to not attack as much, unless enough time has passes so that Reisen could be taken prisoner, as we don't want another free agent helping Yuyuko or Yukari.
    Yet another Touhou fan in the playground.
    I'm the strongest, but don't call me an idiot or I'll cyro-freeze you together with some English Beef. - Cirno Avatar by me, assassin8⑨

19. - Top - End - #379

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin89 View Post
    So I guess I'm repeating the idea of attacking the Eientei faction, and development, but I would prefer to not attack as much, unless enough time has passes so that Reisen could be taken prisoner, as we don't want another free agent helping Yuyuko or Yukari.
    We can leave Eientei still functioning until Yuyuko is gone for all I care; Mokou can join after taking the first two places which is good enough for me.

20. - Top - End - #380
    Orc in the Playground

That's pretty much what I did when I went through. Although, the waiting time might not be that long, according to some other people who have finished the game.

21. - Top - End - #381
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Since I've only got Reisen once I don't know if time even IS a factor. She left just before the forest was taken and her rejoining time happened to be really convenient, right when I started to attack Eientei. Maybe that's what triggers the scene, though that depends on other people's experiences. If she leaves and still hasn't joined back up by the time Eientei is about to be conquered, we can always just wait then. We'll be in good position by that time anyways.
    Last edited by PKF995; 2010-12-03 at 06:58 PM.

22. - Top - End - #382
    Orc in the Playground

The steps for recruitment work as follows: Reisen has a cutscene event at the Forest, Reisen deserts after conquest of the Forest, Reisen rejoins upon attacking Eientei (as in the territory), defeat and capture.

Full details on how to get everything to work below, spoilered for those who feel like figuring it out themselves.

Spoiler
    Show
    To start the events, you have to deploy Shikieiki against Reisen before the Lost Bamboo Forest gets conquered. This will trigger a cutscene between the two.

Once the cutscene is over, after a certain period of time (or perhaps no wait time is even necessary), conquer the Lost Bamboo Forest. This will lead to another cutscene in which Reisen deserts the Eientei army.

Finally, proceed as normal through the Eientei army's territories. Once you attack and win a battle for the Eientei territory, during Eientei's turn Reisen will rejoin the army (can occur after any attack). Once you defeat the army, Reisen will be a guaranteed prisoner along with Kaguya and Eirin.

Note that if you don't use Shikieiki against Reisen, the cutscene obviously won't happen, and Reisen won't desert the army no matter how long you wait. Then, if you don't let her return to Eientei before conquering it, she will also be lost forever.
    Last edited by EifieFlare; 2010-12-03 at 07:36 PM.

23. - Top - End - #383

Let's Play Sengoku Gensokyo - Day 59

Spoiler
    Show
    Tewi: Hey you, would you like to make a donation~?

Marisa: Ehh, donation collectors are popular now?

I'm selling a little bit of good fortune~.

Too bad, I've got plenty of that. Go bother someone else.

Let's not be too hasty! A single donation will ease stiff shoulders, let you find lost money, and you won't hit your head if you trip~!

That ain't exactly a good sales pitch.

It's cheap, and you'll have good fortune, so why not~.

This's the first time I've had "good fortune" pushed onto me. Fine, I'll bite: how much is it?

Half of whatever you have.

Whaaa!? That's a total ripoff, you're playing your pranks again!

Money isn't as important as happiness~.

That should be my line, ya know. Okay, what should I do...?

Hand over half your Ouki? No!

I'm gonna pass. After all, I already know a place where donations have no special effects anyway.

That place is a really bad example~.

Can't say you're wrong there, that shrine ain't really worth a lot anyway. But that's how it is, so go try someone else.

That's too bad, I hope you don't regret your choice~. See you again~.

With a hop, skip and a jump, Tewi disappeared deeper into the forest.

Hmm, was I a bit hasty? Well, it'll be better than gettin' an earful from Reimu after.

Our first attack on the Lost Bamboo Forest wasn't really anything of note. Blows were exchanged, rabbit hides were fried, yadda yadda yadda.

Eiki: Good afternoon, it has been quite a while.

Reisen: Wah, the Yama...?

It is quite unpleasant to be greeted by such a shocked face.

Ah, I'm sorry. It's just an unexpected meeting, at an unexpected place.

I suppose that is true. I certainly did not expect to see you again in this manner.

Then...

It has been a while since our previous talk. How have you been living since?

Asking me how I live is a bit...I'm not really sure how to answer...

Just answer truthfully. It seems you are aware of the sins you had committed as you go through day after day...If that is the case, what are you still doing here?

Fighting against others with your allies...Would that not be exactly like your past?

...It is. But I...

You may not want the same thing to occur again, but even if you possess that line of thought...It is clear that you are still horribly conflicted.

...Yes. When I think about how the current situation mirrors the past so much, I get a weird, but strong, feeling in my chest.

...If that is the case, then it appears that you still have now found your answer.

My...answer...?

But as long as you stand here on this battlefield, I shall test your ability to persevere!

We strike the Lost Bamboo Forest again. Tewi doesn't seem to want to show up at all nowadays, for some reason. Coward.

Even though we managed to bring Eientei's control of the Bamboo Forest down to a meager 5 defense, our control was not to last long.

Eientei counterattacks the Bamboo Forest, and I let them through, taking their defense back up to 85. This was still enough for us to take it next turn, while we can still direct our 3rd team to a different threat. Namely, Hakugyokurou.

Marisa: ......Hey Reimu?

Reimu: .........What?

I kinda feel like doin' it again.

We already did that just a little while ago. That bunch didn't even stay back to help clean up.

You were eatin' a bunch of their food. They were practically openin' a shop there.

At the very least, they shouldn't have left the place in such a mess.

Bah, it went well in the end, didn't it? And you've still got some of that plum sake left over, right? I've brought some sweets as well, so let's finish 'em up!

...You were aiming for that from the start, weren't you? I suppose it's fine, though.

They laid a mat and set up the drinks and food under the shade of a tree, just like the last time. They had drunk up a lot of Reimu's plum sake the last time, but despite that, Reimu still had many bottles to spare.

Whoa, just how many of those do you have?

I always stock up lots of them every year when the season is right. These ones are from about ninety years ago.

Humans sure can be luxurious, drinkin' away so many years of history in one gulp. I've got some water this time, so just dilute it a li'l and...

???: I challenge you to a dueeeeeel!!

Yet another voice interrupted Marisa as she was seconds away from pouring the plum sake into the cup she had brought. The shout was loud enough to echo around the wide-open surroundings.

Whoa whoa whoa whoa! What's that all about!?

It's you all...!

The two people approaching them were quite unfitting of a shrine. It was the Hakugyokurou ghosts, Yuyuko Saigyouji and Youmu Konpaku.

Yuyuko: Youmu, that's not a proper greeting. We're not here to start a fight.

Youmu: I'm sorry, Lady Yuyuko.

This is how you should greet them...Give me all your moneeey, or I'll place a curse on you and your descendaaaants~.

It was just a joke. You don't have to be so quick with those charms.

You all should realize what you're doing. Why have you even come to this peaceful land of the living?

Oh~, our season's coming right up. The Higan flowers are looking even more brilliant than ever.

Ahh, it's their season now? Maybe I'll go pluck some of 'em later.

You've not even died yet, what do you need memorial flowers for? Anyway, why are you two here? ...I'm guessing I'd dread the answer, though.

You're absolutely correct. We followed the scent of Higan to popular places such as here~.

You're the ones who came from Higan! ...And I'm afraid to ask, but what's in that huge bag you're carrying?

Youmu, please let Reimu and Marisa see what's inside.

Yes, Lady Yuyuko...Uuuumph!

The sight of the tiny Youmu lifting the many heavy bags and placing them in front of Reimu was one to behold. There were many bottles of Japanese sake and boxes of different types of sweets all stacked up.

We've prepared plenty for everyone, so eat to your heart's content.

Lady Yuyuko, the shade here looks just right.

Then let's place the bags there. Help us out too, won't you?

Why you all...

???: That spot belongs to me!

Ehh...Wahhhhhh!?

A voice from above was shortly followed by something being thrown from the air at the spot where Youmu was unraveling her mat. The item exploded on impact with the ground, blowing Youmu away.

Oooh...W-Who would commit such a foul deed!?

My, this is...a doll?

A worn out, pitiful-looking doll rolled to Yuyuko's feet. It was apparently the cause of the explosion. Yuyuko was about to pick it up, when it suddenly stood up and returned to where it came from.

...The heck're you tryin' to do?

Marisa straightened her hat, which was blown to the side from the explosion, and looked up to the sky, amazed. Alice was there, welcoming the worn-out doll with a bright and innocent expression on her face.

Alice: Good afternoon. The weather's good today, huh?

Are explosive greetings natural at the Margatroid residence?

My, you were expecting any less? The claiming of positions is akin to war.

There's so many empty spots you could choose from...And why would a dollmaster be using explosive dolls in the first place?

Explosive? The doll is merely releasing the magical energy stored within. The difference is that unlike explosions, these dolls are ecological and reusable.

Reusable? They look awfully worn-out.

It is a sad, but necessary result of a war.

That's just all messed up...Ahhh!? Lady Yuyuko, that explosion just now hit the sake and sweets! There's cracks in the bottles!

What!? That's quite worrying! Let's drink the sake now before it starts to flow out.

Youmu hurriedly took out the boxes of sweets and bottles of sake, pouring the cracked ones into cups as quickly as possible. But even after doing that a while, the bags were still half full.

Ah, I'm not very good with sake...

My, we brought them all the way here, and you expect your master to finish it all?

Ahh, I've got plum sake, so I'm fine.

That's mine!

Reimu, Marisa, Yuyuko, and Youmu glanced witheringly at Alice.

...It's Alice's fault that they're all broken in the first place.

...Yep.

W-What...You're saying I'm to blame? Fine, whatever! I'll drink all this up in a jiffy!

Alice grabbed one of the filled cups in desperation, and drank it all in one gulp.

See? This is no...thing...

Hey, you alright?!

I'm fiiine...I drink this for breakfast every daaaay, briiing it ooooon~!

Alice wobbled as she reached out to grab another cup, and once again downed it in one shot. Her face was getting so red, it could probably have been seen from space.

Ahahahahahaha, c'mon, more! Mooooore!

...Yuyuko, what kind of sake did you bring?

Hm...It isn't suppose to be as strong as you're thinking.

She just doesn't know how to hold her alcohol, huh?

Ahh, maybe that's why she hates the mushrooms in the forest?

Ehehe...What are you all doooing? There's still plenty leeeeft, so quit jabberiiing and c'meeeere. Or eeeelse...Come oooon!

Wha!? Wait don't pull my slee...*ulp!?*

Hey, stop messin' aro...Uwah!?

You drink up toooo, c'mooooon!

...Lady Yuyuko, what should we do?

Mm...Well, we might as well enjoy ourselves too. Now now, you should drink some too for good health.

But like I said before, I'm not...Uwahhhhh!

*cough cough*...Ahh, who cares about anything! Bring it all on! And all of you better drink like there's no tomorrow!

It's heaaaating up noooow! Ahahahahahaaaa!!

T-This is hell...

...At the shrine that no one could possibly think was sacred, the drinking party went on well into the night. When Marisa and Reimu regained consciousness at the middle of the night, the only thing left was a mess.

...Oh man. Guess I'll head back.

You better hel...I mean, please help out...

...Sorry.

Turn: 59
    Ouki: 11159
    Ryumaku: 88/115
    Actions Available: 3

Our Territories:

Hakurei Shrine
    Defense: 250/250
    Cost to Develop: 27 RES

Night-Blind Road

Faintly Dark Path

Magic Forest Entrance
    Defense: 180/180

Magic Forest Border

Magic Forest Interior
    cost to Develop: 9 RES

Road of Reconsideration
    Defense: 190/190

Muenzuka
    Defense: 215/215
    Cost to Develop: 6 RES

Human Village
    Defense: 150/310

Garden of the Sun
    Cost to Develop: 24

Nameless Hill

Misty Lake

SDM Gate

Great Library
    Defense: 195/195
    Cost to Develop: 12

Clock Tower

SDM Top Floor

Enemy Territories:

Lost Bamboo Forest
    General: Reisen Udongein Inaba
    Defense: 85/205

Eientei
    General: Kaguya Houraisan (leader)

Blossoms Barrier
    General: Prismriver Sisters
    Defense: 220/220

Hakugyokurou Stairs
    General: Youmu Konpaku
    Defense: 200/200

Hakugyokurou
    General: Yuyuko Saigyouji (leader)
    Defense: 235/235

Yakumo Residence
    Army: Yakumo Clan
    General: Yukari Yakumo (leader)
    Defense: 310/310

Special Events:

War Declaration: Yakumo Clan
    Costs 10 NEG to declare war.

Medicine's Melancholy
    (No cost)

So...Youmu is Colonel Mustard?

24. - Top - End - #384

View free event, continue smashing Eientei. 2 attacks and a defense.

25. - Top - End - #385
    Troll in the Playground

Do the medicine event? I think that's new.

Also, I'm reminded a bit of one of the exchanges with Alice in.. I forget which game it was. More or less to the effect of "what sort of person would put gunpowder in a doll?" met by "what sort of person wouldn't?"

Also, this may be because I live in the Japanese countryside, but this place is full of plum trees. Personally, I pickle the lot. Horribly sour stuff, but some people like it.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

26. - Top - End - #386
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

View Medicine's Melancholy and do two attacks.

That seems to be the only scene I'm missing, and I was right when I suspected it was about Medicine. Does anyone know the conditions to triggering it?

EDIT: Thank you. I never actually accumulated affection with Medicine. Even when I used her for a little while I always ditched her when better units came along.
    Last edited by PKF995; 2010-12-03 at 10:39 PM.

27. - Top - End - #387

Quote Originally Posted by PKF995 View Post
    That seems to be the only scene I'm missing, and I was right when I suspected it was about Medicine. Does anyone know the conditions to triggering it, or perhaps I just need to accumulate some affection with Medicine?
    Both Medicine and Yuuka must be on your team, and you must have at least one affection bonus for one of them.

28. - Top - End - #388
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Do the medicine event? I think that's new.

Also, I'm reminded a bit of one of the exchanges with Alice in.. I forget which game it was. More or less to the effect of "what sort of person would put gunpowder in a doll?" met by "what sort of person wouldn't?"
    I think the game you are talking about is Subterranean Animism.

As for the next action, view the Medicine event and then continue with attacking the useless bunny, and then move on to Kaguya.
    Yet another Touhou fan in the playground.
    I'm the strongest, but don't call me an idiot or I'll cyro-freeze you together with some English Beef. - Cirno Avatar by me, assassin8⑨

29. - Top - End - #389
    Troll in the Playground

I think the game you are talking about is Subterranean Animism.
    That would explain it. I must have suppressed the memories.

That game was horrifying. Not bad, but evil.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

30. - Top - End - #390
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Yes, SA is really hard even compared to the other games.

In Normal Mode, I could never get past Rin. In fact, I usually hit a roadblock at Satori. It's so much harder than the other Windows games I can't seem to 1cc on Normal...which are EoSD and UFO. With THOSE I can semi-consistently get to the final boss at least before I get owned.

All the Touhou danmaku games are fun and addicting, but I'm no good at dodging bullets. Haven't even beaten an Extra Stage boss yet.
    Last edited by PKF995; 2010-12-04 at 01:43 AM.