New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Conquering the Fantasy Kitchen Sink - Let's Play Sengoku Gensokyo!

That would work as well. After all, fairies apparently respawn, so I guess it doesn't really count as "killing".

If it did....who actually enforces the rules?

2. - Top - End - #272
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PKF995 View Post
    That would work as well. After all, fairies apparently respawn, so I guess it doesn't really count as "killing".

If it did....who actually enforces the rules?
    Eiki+sunglasses+revolver+trenchcoat=law enforcement.

Just a thought. A terrible one.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

3. - Top - End - #273
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Well, she does have the hat. My first thoughts were Kotohime and Yukari though.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

What about Reimu? She's one of the main people who stops the major incidents.

But as for what Marisa is planning, rather than aiming at the lake, she could be aiming at the clouds, and possibly hit Tenshi in the crossfire. That or she is going to steal borrow something from Rinnosuke.
    Yet another Touhou fan in the playground.
    I'm the strongest, but don't call me an idiot or I'll cyro-freeze you together with some English Beef. - Cirno Avatar by me, assassin8⑨

5. - Top - End - #275
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin89 View Post
    What about Reimu? She's one of the main people who stops the major incidents.

But as for what Marisa is planning, rather than aiming at the lake, she could be aiming at the clouds, and possibly hit Tenshi in the crossfire. That or she is going to steal borrow something from Rinnosuke.
    Of course! Throwing the shop at them... it's so simple, how did I not guess earlier?
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

6. - Top - End - #276
    Banned

Why should Akyu stop being so cute? Adorableness is a key Akyu trait after all.

And while i know what Marisa's plan is, it is true that blowing areas up until she gets the right one fits her.

As for who enforces the rules, mostly just youkai realizing that things will be very bad for themselves if they don't follow them. In the cases where they don't professional youkai exterminators like Marisa takes action. Reimu is too lazy to deal with anything short of a major incident though and Kotohime sadly never returned after Phantasmagoria of Dim Dream, which is a shame since she was a fun concept.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Orc in the Playground

Ack, I missed a lot. I knew I should've checked back on the one day that I didn't really bother to...

That aside, I'm still sticking with finish the Lake off and go to SDM after. Also, Sunny's ability to cancel out ranged attacks doesn't always trigger, and it actually says so in her ability description. I hit her with one of Marisa's attacks (and when it actually mattered too), so it's just a really low chance.

Reisen recruitment: Terra's got the main points of it down. I'm not sure of when she deserts the army either though. I spent about 15-20 turns of losing and gaining back territory points to see before getting impatient and taking over the Forest, after which she did leave. She should join back as soon as you attack Eientei though, if you take that long.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

If I recall correctly, we should expecting an attack from Hakugyokurou soon after conquering the Misty Lake...and then from Eientei. I think we should just let all the enemies declare war on us, however long that may take, since I find it annoying to get attacked by 2-4 armies at once. More development time is great anyways.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PKF995 View Post
    If I recall correctly, we should expecting an attack from Hakugyokurou soon after conquering the Misty Lake...and then from Eientei. I think we should just let all the enemies declare war on us, however long that may take, since I find it annoying to get attacked by 2-4 armies at once. More development time is great anyways.
    Hakugyokurou's declaration doesn't really have anything to do with Misty Lake falling. I got mine some time around turn 60 while fighting Eientei, which was a full 20 or so turns after Misty Lake (and the SDM in that time) was conquered. Also, Eientei's declaration can be stalled as long as you have the money.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I know that it doesn't have anything to do with Misty Lake falling. I'm just saying that it's "around that time". Actually, I'm not sure whether Eientei or Hakugyokurou will declare war first, but it should be soon. That's why I'm against attacking the SDM before they attack us. Spare time can be used for development or getting a head-start on a more imminent opponent.

I also know that Eientei can be stalled...but Tewi is such a ripoff.
    Last edited by PKF995; 2010-11-20 at 03:09 PM.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Bugbear in the Playground

Let's Play Sengoku Gensokyo - Day 48

Spoiler
    Show
    Reimu and Marisa once again gathered in front of the Human Village to prepare for the trip to the lake.

Reimu: Now then, will the great magic user Marisa Kirisame show us what she has up her sleeve?

Marisa: C'mon, you're makin' me blush. Anyways, I'll get it started right now.

She first took to the skies, and pointed herself at the direction of the lake.

First things first, the lake's definitely this way, right?

Yes, definitely.

We've been goin' in the right direction, but somehow keep gettin' lost and endin' up where we started. And that's all the work of a few fairies who can manipulate sound and light. Got that so far?

Uh huh. So, what do we do about it?

Don't rush me, genius takes time, ya know. Give it some thought, how do ya "sense" light and sound?

Through my eyes and ears, obviously...What kind of question is that?

Yep yep. That's why the answer's real simple.

Marisa then alighted from her trademark broom to stand next to it, leaving it pointed at the direction of the lake.

Now, meet our special guest, the world's one and only mysterious flying broom.

Accompanied by the only person in the world who would ride said broom.

This ain't the time for jokes. Now, one last question. Does this broom have eyes or ears?

For all I know, it may be some monster broom...But as far as I can see, no it doesn't.

We have a winner! This is indeed a normal flying broom. It doesn't have eyes or ears...So.

Ah...I see. This broom certainly won't be affected by sounds or the scenery.

Alright, this broom's headin' straight for the lake. We're gonna follow right behind it and not look away for even one second! Let's go!

At Marisa's signal, the broom began moving forward, with Reimu and the rest following behind it. The area became bewildering and soundless, but they pressed on, following the broom. And then, finally...

I can see the lake!

The lake spread out before their very eyes. And right nearby were three fairies shocked speechless.

Sunny: Ahh, no way...!

Luna: Our special trick...

Star: Was solved so simply...

So, this was your work, huh? I'll admit that the trick was surprisingly effective, but in the end, it's still just a prank from some simple-minded fairies.

Looks like some punishment's comin' right up!

Ooh...At desperate times like these, we have to show them what we're made of!

You'll pay for looking down on us fairies!

Star, c'mon, say something inspiring!

Uhh...I kind of want to go home and rest...I can't, huh?

Obviously! Let's go! We'll make sure not a single strand of your hair will go unruffled!

Somehow, this feels a little underwhelming...Well, whatever. Prepare yourselves!

Finally through with that detour, we dig in eagerly against the fairies. The three mischievous ones aren't so tough in battle, although proper attention to position is necessary to defeat them.

Even after defeating them, though, we still have enough characters left, so we hit the lake again, intending to take it on this very turn. Cirno and Letty step out to defend it, but even they aren't much of a challenge to us. Poor Cirno doesn't even have her own boss theme, unlike almost every army leader in the game (and some significant non-leaders too).

The Strongest Fairy Army has been pestering us for long enough. It's time we put an end to this nuisance once and for all.

Cirno: Uuuugh~~~~! This is all a lie! A lie, I say!

The so-called "strongest", the youkai of winter, Daiyousei, and the three mischievous fairies fought valiantly against the Reimu-led Hakurei army, but bravery was never going to be enough.

Letty: Ahh, it's over...I can finally go back to sleep.

Letty, do something!

Don't be unrealistic, I can't do anything at this point.

Reimu: Yes yes, you all have lost, alright?

Ahh, how could this be, impossible, et cetera...Happy? I'll be going now.

Marisa: Hey, where do ya think you're goin'?

Where? I'll be sleeping for a little while longer until winter arrives.

Did you not read the rules? The losers will have to serve under the winners. In other words, you're all our prisoners.

What did you...Cirno, what's the meaning of this!? You never told me about that!

I didn't know either!

Pleading ignorance isn't going to work with us, I'm afraid. Well, if you want to sleep, you can certainly "sleep" forever.

I-If you're talking like that, you mean...

Doncha know? Those who participate, then break the rules will be punished by a scaaaary youkai. So scary that you'll practically melt away.

Ooh...Ahh, how did it become like this...

...Er, why does it seem like there's less of you all than there's supposed to be?

Hey, now that you mention it...Ah!

Daiyousei: Wah! How did you find me!?

A quick look around the surroundings discovered Daiyousei, trying to sneek away without anyone noticing. She became flustered upon Cirno finding her.

You tried to run away by yourself!? That's so mean!

Eh, uh...Ahahaha...

That isn't all of them still...There!

???: Ow!

Reimu fired a needle as she turned, and a pained shriek rang out in an area which looked like it had nothing in it.

Sunny: Ugh, how were we found!?

Luna: I so thought we could run away after they let their guard down from catching the other fairy~!

Wah, that's so cruel!

Alright, y'all behave yourselves now.

I-If it's come to this...

Star: Then...we refuse! Run!

Hey, wait!

At Star Sapphire's command, the three fairies flew off at once. Reimu hesitated to chase them due to their ability to hide their figures and sounds, and soon, the trail was lost.

They're fast as long as it involves running away...Well, anyway, this is the end for you all, and the lake is now mine.

You heartless monster~!

Please, let me sleep...

...And so, the lake covered in mist fell under the control of Reimu's army.

"Strongest Fairy Army" has fallen.
    Cirno has been taken prisoner.
    Daiyousei has been taken prisoner.
    Letty Whiterock has been taken prisoner.

The Scarlet Devil Mansion. Many humans and youkai refuse to get close to it for many reasons, such as having to travel across the Misty Lake, its association with blood, the pressurizing aura and so on...Or so it should be, but since the Scarlet Mist incident, knowledge about the mansion had spread, and with the mistress throwing many parties, even humans with much courage had been known to visit the place. But the fact remained that it was the residence of many fearsome youkai and a vampire, so they normally did not receive many visitors. And guarding the gate against that lack of trespassers was the youkai, Hong Meiling.

Meiling: Whew...Everything's normal today. Speaking of which, it's been all normal for a while now...It's rare, but something one really gets used to.

Ever since the Scarlet Mist incident which brought Reimu and Marisa to the gate, she had not needed to guard the gate from trespassers even once. Meiling's usual tension had become somewhat relaxed.

This is bad, my reflexes will dull at this rate. Well the body slacks, the mind will slack, then my Chi will slack as well...I must train myself...

Having made her decision, Meiling launched herself into a Tai Chi dance-like move. The unique rhythm and breath control forged her Chi further, allowing her to shake the ground with each step...And then...

???: Please excuse me.

......!?

A shiver ran down Meiling's spine as she heard someone's voice. She quickly surveyed the area, but could not find anyone around. yet, for just a moment, she could sense its presence.

It's heading towards the mansion...!?

The feeling of the presence then vanished, leaving Meiling hurriedly looking around in vain. Then, Meiling felt like the presence shot through her bod, leaving her barely able to move.

Ugh...No way...!?

All Meiling could do was watch as the mysterious sensation vanished off into the distance.

The Great Library within the Scarlet Devil Mansion. It was a massive labyrinth of books, with no end in sight. The vast amount of knowledge sleeping within this library could not be absorbed in a single lifetime. It was at that location that the library's head, Patchouli Knowledge, was having an enjoyable conversation with the head of the Scarlet Devil Mansion, Remilia Scarlet.

Remilia: Ahh, warm. So warm. So, so warm.

Patchouli: I heard you the first time. You're interrupting my reading time.

My, you're treating me like a nuisance now, Patchy? How cruel of you.

A library is a place for reading books. This place is not a summer resort.

Then make some ice and I'll be quiet.

No, humidity is a book's worst enemy.

Sakuya: My my, the invincible vampire loses to the heat, I see.

As the two continued their idle conversation, the head maid of the Scarlet Devil Mansion, Sakuya Izayoi, approached them with a tray holding teacups, a teapot, and a bowl of ice.

Being invincible isn't the same as having no sense. Both the heat and the cold are such pains. So, do bring that medicine of invincibility now, please.

Sakuya placed the tray onto the table at Remilia's urging, and proceeded to put several pieces of ice into the cups. The tea followed soon after, and Sakuya then placed the cups in front of Remilia and Patchouli.

Please have a drink as well, Lady Patchouli. It is merely a very normal cup of cardamom tea.

That's very thoughtful of you. Thank you.

Hmm, there's not enough iron in this.

Would mine suffice?

Don't bother, it's not like yours does anything for me.

Such words wound me, Milady. I have been keeping my body healthy especially for such a purpose.

...Hm, I seem to have cooled down thanks to you, Sakuya.

It's just a placebo.

Taking in something cold and it not having an effect would make it a fraud...Speaking of which, the mansion appears to have taken in a cold thing as well.

My, you've noticed it, Milady?

This kind of unearthly aura can only occur for two reasons. A certain weakling who can't control her own power, or someone who wants to stand out.

Remi, my anti-trespasser barrier network isn't picking up anything. So whoever the person is, has to be one who can ignore space itself when moving around.

My, that brings to mind a certain someone.

It has to me as well. A very certain someone.

...Shall we reveal who it is, Sakuya?

I'm afraid I do not have any whips or crosses at the moment.

It looks like we're on different pages then. How boring.

...Remi, maybe we should at least give her a decent opportunity, she won't know when to show herself otherwise.

Hmph, how troublesome...Alright, how bout letting us see your face?

???: ...That's a very kind offer.

Remilia called her out, and the space near the table began to distort. Yukari Yakumo then emerged from the gap. She then sat on top of the gap, looking down on the other three.

You need to go through the formal procedures in order to be granted an audience with the master here.

Yukari: My, I went in through the front gate, you know. Would you give me your full attention then?

...Honestly, what do we have a gatekeeper for?

It's fine, her power is certainly nothing to sneeze at. I had given her orders to let through any people that she felt she could not handle. If she truly wanted to attack, she would be launching attacks indiscriminately from above. So, since you specifically came through the front door...

That means that you are broken, in many more ways than one.

Looks like some repairs are needed.

That's too bad, my shikigami never need to be mended. And neither does their controller. Whoops, I don't have much time here, so I'll get straight to the point.

I already know what you're here for. It sounds rather interesting, so we'll do it.

You have been informed about it already?

Information is for the weaker beings to gather. I was informed as such during one of my elegant nighttime strolls.

In other words, you overheard others talking about it.

In that case, you knew about it as well, didn't you? And did I not tell you to make sure I hear about everything important?

What kind of servant would bring trouble upon their master? In other words, please withdraw your consent.

My, that would be disappointing.

Sakuya, Patchy, please begin the preparations. I shall be taking the opportunity to have a grand old time.

*sigh* I had predicted this would happen. That is why I did not want to say anything about it.

It seems Remi has been waiting forever for something like this.

Form is everything to a proud vampire. If I refuse to reluctantly accept a proposal groveled to me so desperately, my prestige will not increase.

You certainly look happy to be doing so.

I'm glad we could get this settled quickly. The strongest army right now is led by Reimu, who's beaten you before. That should be enough motivation.

That does not matter in the slightest. Once I've decided to do something, that's all the motivation I need.

Though it's quick to wilt away as well.

That's why everyone needs to work at it. so it won't wilt. Yukari Yakumo, was it? As you have heard, I will go along with your plotting, so be thankful.

I am truly honoured. Well then, have a good day.

With a tiny grin, Yukari disappeared back into the gap she was sitting atop.

Alright Sakuya, gather me the blood of good, law-abiding humans.

Please don't make such unreasonable requests, Milady. Things will get very annoying afterwards.

Tch, how boring.

Well, let's do this until Remi gets bored of it.

I won't be getting bored of it, so make sure you do your best.

Moderately.

...And so, the Scarlet Devil Mansion led by Remilia Scarlet entered the fray, and added their territories to the map.

"Crimson SDM" has been formed.
    SDM Gate placed under control of Crimson SDM.
    Great Library placed under control of Crimson SDM.
    Clock Tower placed under control of Crimson SDM.
    SDM Top Floor placed under control of Crimson SDM.

The sun was shining brightly on the Yakumo Residence. Yukari was inside, writing something or other on a map. She then sat up from her usual flat position on her futon.

Yukari: Watch it burn~, watch it fall~, the territories are now all yours~.

Ran: What kind of song is that?

It's a song deeply rooted in the history of young maidens, of course.

Since when were you a you-Owww! Please stop hitting me with your parasol!

You didn't know? Being a maiden is all in the mind. The moment you stop thinking you are one, is when you become old. One must always protect their feelings.

That's all well and good, but it'll still be nice if you acted with the dignity that your age belies...

The most fearsome are the ones who are always smiling. There isn't a single soul who could look me in the eye and not be uncomfortable.

Here eyes were fixated on the map as she spoke to her shikigami. Her words would sound impressive and threatening if it came from anyone else, but since it was from her, it was hard to take too seriously.

Anyway, that's nothing too important...Ehehe, my plan is progressing nicely.

Your plan, huh? You have been engrossed in that map recently.

Reimu's doing as well as I thought she would. She's already gotten this far...At the rate she's going, it'll be over sooner than I thought.

Wouldn't that be for the best? The longer this drags on, the more likely the people involved in this will become angry about it.

That shouldn't be a problem. They all joined of their own will...Though there's a few who've figured out what I've been aiming to accomplish.

By the way, I've been wondering for a while now...This game that you got all of Gensokyo involved in...Isn't it just your way of having some fun?

My, just what do you take me for? Such belligerent words from my shikigami, mm?

Owwww! I'm sorry, I'm terribly sorry, so please stop hitting me~!...But Lady Yukari, if there's something deeper, you haven't explained it at all.

I would expect my shikigami to be able to figure it out by herself. For convenience's sake, I labeled this as a game...but it is much more. Just how much more, you ask...? It's important enough that it might well affect the future of Gensokyo.

That's ridiculous!

T'is the truth. Well, if it doesn't work, I suppose things should still be fine.

Err, Lady Yukari, if it concerns Gensokyo, is it really okay to treat it so lightly?

Yes. It's partly just my wish as well, anyway...Now then, Ran, please call your own shikigami over.

You mean Chen...?

We need as much help as we can get. It won't be long before Reimu makes her way here, so we must prepare for her now.

I don't think Chen will be as helpful as you would think...

Ran, you always try not to make use of your shikigami. The best way to optimize a shikigami is to give them orders to follow. The reason why you're such an excellent shikigami is because I make use of you very often, don't you see?

O-Ohh, I see. I had thought you were just incredibly audacious to make me do the things you ordered me to, but now I know why!

...Did I hear something that I may not have wanted to?

It must just be your imagination, Lady Yukari. Anyway, I shall go and call Chen over.

Very well. I'll be taking a nap then, so please handle the rest~.

Ah, Lady Yukari...Good grief, as soon as she's said what she wanted, she just goes and falls asleep...Anyway, I suppose I'll try to use Chen a little more.

Yukari always make sure to keep the important parts unclear. But she has her reasons for doing so...Or at least, that's what Ran hoped.

"Yakumo Clan" has been formed.
    Yakumo Residence placed under control of Yakumo Clan.

Turn: 48
    Ouki: 13055
    Ryumaku: 62/89
    Actions Available: 2

Our Territories:

Hakurei Shrine
    Defense: 250/250
    Cost to Develop: 24 RES

Night-Blind Road
    Defense: 160/160
    Cost to Develop: 27 RES

Faintly Dark Path
    Defense: 175/175
    Cost to Develop: 33 RES

Magic Forest Entrance
    Defense: 180/180

Magic Forest Border

Magic Forest Interior
    Defense: 210/210
    cost to Develop: 9 RES

Road of Reconsideration
    Defense: 190/190

Muenzuka
    Defense: 215/215
    Cost to Develop: 6 RES

Human Village
    Defense: 310/310

Garden of the Sun
    Cost to Develop: 9

Nameless Hill
    Defense: 205/205
    Cost to Develop: 6

Misty Lake
    Defense: 225/225

Enemy Territories:

Lost Bamboo Forest
    Army: Eientei Forest
    General: Reisen Udongein Inaba

Eientei
    General: Kaguya Houraisan (leader)
    Defense: 230/230

Blossoms Barrier
    Army: Hakugyokurou Hades
    General: Prismriver Sisters
    Defense: 220/220

Hakugyokurou Stairs
    General: Youmu Konpaku
    Defense: 200/200

Hakugyokurou
    General: Yuyuko Saigyouji (leader)
    Defense: 235/235

SDM Gate
    Army: Crimson SDM
    General: Hong Meiling

Great Library
    General: Patchouli Knowledge
    Defense: 195/195

Clock Tower
    General: Sakuya Izayoi

SDM Top Floor
    General: Remilia Scarlet (leader)

Yakumo Residence
    Army: Yakumo Clan
    General: Yukari Yakumo (leader)

Special Events:

War Declaration: Eientei Forest
    Costs 10 NEG to declare war.

War Declaration: Hakugyokurou Hades
    Costs 12 NEG to declare war.

War Declaration: Crimson SDM
    Costs 9 NEG to declare war.

War Declaration: Yakumo Clan

Prisoners:

Check out my Let's Plays: Sengoku Gensokyo (Complete!), Touhoumon (Complete!), and Labyrinth of Touhou
    Jade Curtiss avatar by Teutonic Knight

12. - Top - End - #282
    Dwarf in the Playground

9 Negotiation to recruit Cirno. How fitting. Though I suppose I shouldn't be surprised.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground

Recruit Cirno and have her as part of the squad that attacks the SDM. Remilia will get more ice and her charisma will break.
    I'm the strongest, but don't call me an idiot or I'll cyro-freeze you together with some English Beef. - Cirno Avatar by me, assassin8⑨

14. - Top - End - #284
    Firbolg in the Playground

Gonna vote for attacking Eientei again and getting Mokou.

Recruit Cirno as well; she's got pretty much the only good set of stats (in my opinion).
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Orc in the Playground

Voting for attacking the SDM (I must sound like a broken record with this line), since their units are just too good to pass up. Recruitment can go for whoever you want, if any; I only used these characters in battle like 5 times total after I got them so I never found them to be all that useful. Cirno and Dai might be good for Research though, if you're lacking some high-Res units.
    Last edited by EifieFlare; 2010-11-21 at 01:31 AM.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I vote for attacking Eientei. They have good units as well, and I'd rather get them out of the way before having to face a three-pronged attack.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Banned

Even once they start attacking Eientei does so pretty half-heartedly, though. At least that's how it went for me. I vote for keeping up progress heading towards taking the SDM and then Eientei.

I must also say that Cirno being a good researcher is kinda puzzling. Does it refer to her being a good experimental subject?

18. - Top - End - #288
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terraoblivion View Post
    I must also say that Cirno being a good researcher is kinda puzzling. Does it refer to her being a good experimental subject?
    Well, in the Japanese version, it's exploration, not research. Which means Cirno (and, say, Aya) being good at running around finding new leylines suddenly makes a lot more sense.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

19. - Top - End - #289
    Dwarf in the Playground

She's a genius, duh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Well, in the Japanese version, it's exploration, not research. Which means Cirno (and, say, Aya) being good at running around finding new leylines suddenly makes a lot more sense.
    Lost in translation, then. Yeah, that makes sense.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Bugbear in the Playground

Let's Play Sengoku Gensokyo - Day 49

Spoiler
    Show
    Cirno: ...What do you want?

Reimu: What are you pouting for?

I'm not pouting, idiot!

Fairies really aren't much different from little kids, I see.

...Are you treating me like an idiot?

Nope, just your imagination. You're right though, I am indeed an idiot. I'm here to ask you to join us after all.

Ehh? O-Of course you would, I'm the strongest, after all.

Yes yes, you are definitely the strongest.

Hmm...Since you need my help so badly...But I won't join just like that! I'm the strongest after all.

Just like that? Is there something you want, then?

Frogs! If I don't practice every day, my skills are gonna get rusty! And it's real hard to bring them back to normal after, so make sure to get lots of 'em!

...She really is a kid.

Cirno became an ally.

Meiling: Oh, welcome. How can I help you?

Reimu: Ahh, uh, well...

Ahh, you wish to see Milady? I'll let her know that you've come to speak to her.

No, no thank you. It'll get troublesome if she sees my face.

Troublesome?

Nevermind. Just hand this over to Remilia.

A letter? ...I'm getting a very bad feeling from this.

It'll be fine, just deliver it, okay? Thanks!

Ah, wait! ...Oh well, I guess I'll bring it to Milady.

Sakuya: ...And this is the letter that Reimu sent, according to her.

Remilia: A letter, huh? Does this look like a letter to you?

From an outwardly inspection, I give it an extremely high chance of being a letter. Quite possibly with money to prevent from being attacked.

A shrine maiden bribing a vampire would probably bring the end of the world...See? It's a declaration of war.

Let's see...It appears you are not as well-liked as you might think, Milady.

Saying such things will lower my reputation.

I am the only one around to hear it, so it is fine.

Anyway, I was planning on declaring war myself, so this saves us some time. It's our chance for some payback.

Just how much pay are we looking at?

About as much as her shrine has donations.

Nothing, then? That's kind of you.

And that's why we'll take over her territory, the land is valuable at least. Now, deploy our troops and prepare to meet our enemy.

Understood.

"Crimson SDM" - War has been declared.

Yuuka: Hello there. The weather is good today, don't you think?

Meiling: Ah, hello. And yes, it is quite good.

On a day like this, even the flowers would be happily looking up at the sun.

...Is that so. (This girl...she looks gentle on the surface, but she's hiding her power...and she seems to have a lot of it. I musn't let my guard down.)

...Is there a problem?

W-Wah, n-no, not at all.

From what I heard, this mansion hosts a splendid field of flowers too. Is that correct?

Actually, I'm the one who takes care of it.

Ah, I see. I'm sure someone like you would have made many different colours and varieties of flowers bloom.

...!

If we were not on opposing sides, I would have been here to view it...So shall we end this quickly, and have a pleasant flower-viewing after?

...Yes, let's settle this as soon as possible.

Ah, please don't try to resist too badly. The flower field might get hurt.

You took the words right out of my mouth...Come!

Fairy maids. Lots of fairy maids. The Scarlet Devil Mansion sure believes in quantity over quality, I guess.

This was a massacre. It's not even close. However, with four territories under their control, the Scarlet Devil Mansion will still take quite a while to defeat.

Meiling: *sigh*...I'm still far, far too inexperienced.

Just a few days ago, the girl had sensed a strange presence while guarding the SDM's gate. It was actually Yukari Yakumo, but Meiling froze upon sensing her immense aura, and was mourning her inaction.

I can't keep going like this. If I let myself be frightened by something like that, I'll never be able to get anything done...I have to train more.

Meiling used many types of martial arts, throwing her own body at the enemy without any magic support. This made her strong against frontal attacks, but spiritual power from beings like Yukari were her weak point.

It was good that the intruder then wasn't hostile, but if it was someone with evil intentions...Ah, I'll be scolded so badly by Milady...No, I should be glad if it was left at a scolding. If that happened, she could fire me and I couldn't really complain.

Her role as Remilia's gatekeeper was to function as a filter to prevent the rabble from wasting her time. She would take care of the smaller fry, and the stronger opponents would go through to face Remilia. Though even those tend to be eliminated by Sakuya and Patchouli before they can get to her...Even though she was told to use her judgment and let those she felt she couldn't defeat through, Meiling still had her pride.

At the very least, I have to avoid shaming myself like that again...Alright, no one's around, so time to practice!

After a quick look around Meiling took a deep breath, then sat down and laid the back of both her feet and palms on the ground. She closed her eyes and felt the chi of the world of nature flow through her.

Hooooo......Huuuhn!!

Her leg trembled as her first flew out straight in front of her. The atmosphere of the deserted area was rocked by an echoing boom. She then felt the shock wave that left her fist strike down a tree.

Whew...No matter how flashy it is, if it misses, it doesn't matter. And I can't use it in a danmaku battle either.

Spellcard rules were created for battles which would normally take place at further distances than that shock wave could travel. No matter how powerful it was, it wouldn't be helpful if it couldn't be used.

If only I could hit distant opponents with a similar amount of chi...Hm?

As she stook another deep breath and relaxed her body, she spotted one of the mansion's maids trembling horribly.

Fairy Maid: *shiver shiver*...

Ah, did I scare you? I'm sorry.

*sigh*...I-It's okay. I'm here to relieve you, it's time for your break.

Ah, thanks. Take care of the place, then.

Meiling left the area to the maid, and entered the compounds through the gate. Her destination was the flower field that she took care of. The many flowers in bloom were like the embodiment of her chi.

Ahh~, the smell of these flowers is great for clearing the head. I have to do even better to protect this field of flowers.

Meiling tightened her fist and looked up at the sky, surrounded by the flowers swaying from the wind.

The SDM mounts a counterattack, but we have even tougher characters in reserve to deal with them. It's just more fairies, so it's no big deal. I don't think you can capture their maids, though; they will permanently remain a part of the SDM's staff, and can't desert or be captured.

Turn: 49
    Ouki: 12237
    Ryumaku: 62/89
    Actions Available: 2

Our Territories:

Hakurei Shrine
    Defense: 250/250

Night-Blind Road

Faintly Dark Path

Magic Forest Entrance
    Defense: 180/180

Magic Forest Border

Magic Forest Interior
    cost to Develop: 9 RES

Road of Reconsideration
    Defense: 190/190

Muenzuka
    Defense: 215/215
    Cost to Develop: 6 RES

Human Village

Garden of the Sun
    Cost to Develop: 9

Nameless Hill

Misty Lake

Enemy Territories:

Lost Bamboo Forest
    General: Reisen Udongein Inaba

Eientei
    General: Kaguya Houraisan (leader)

Blossoms Barrier
    General: Prismriver Sisters
    Defense: 220/220

Hakugyokurou Stairs
    General: Youmu Konpaku
    Defense: 200/200

Hakugyokurou
    General: Yuyuko Saigyouji (leader)
    Defense: 235/235

SDM Gate
    General: Hong Meiling
    Defense: 130/230

Great Library
    General: Patchouli Knowledge
    Defense: 195/195

Clock Tower
    General: Sakuya Izayoi

SDM Top Floor
    General: Remilia Scarlet (leader)

Yakumo Residence
    Army: Yakumo Clan
    General: Yukari Yakumo (leader)

Special Events:

War Declaration: Eientei Forest

War Declaration: Hakugyokurou Hades
    Costs 12 NEG to declare war.

War Declaration: Yakumo Clan

I really like this game's portrayal of Meiling.

There was a fair split between the SDM and Eientei, but I believe SDM won out.

Changed Sakuya's dialogue to blue. The gray looks horrible when spoilered. I had her in blue for Labyrinth of Touhou, so I don't know why I didn't do that to begin with here. Oh well.
    Check out my Let's Plays: Sengoku Gensokyo (Complete!), Touhoumon (Complete!), and Labyrinth of Touhou
    Jade Curtiss avatar by Teutonic Knight

21. - Top - End - #291
    Barbarian in the Playground

You know, if i hadn't read her profile on the wiki recently, this would be the first time Meiling has been noted as the SDM gardener that i know of.
    Kinda sad how she gets Flandrezised into just a Sleeps-on-the-job-gatekeeper/Sakuya's-chewtoy in most of the fanworks i've seen.

Also restating my vote for full conquest of SDM before anything else is done, just in case the vote swings close again.
    It is more of a disclaimer than a name. Essay, Inc., or the like are all fine as shorthand.
    Things i made from clay, wire & paint.
    An opportunity to have your a bust of your character sculpted, details at the end of this post.
    Currently 4/30 slots claimed.

Creatively inclined? Join the Playground's CHALLENGE! Up your productivity today!

22. - Top - End - #292
    Banned

Poor Meiling always failing at actually guarding the gate through no fault of her own, she's just surrounded by overpowered freaks. At least Remi and Sakuya seems to not mind much.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Titan in the Playground

Poor Meiling always failing at actually guarding the gate through no fault of her own, she's just surrounded by overpowered freaks.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ogre in the Playground

Poor Meiling always failing at actually guarding the gate through no fault of her own, she's just surrounded by overpowered freaks. At least Remi and Sakuya seems to not mind much.
    Failure in guarding the gate should be read as against Reimu and Marisa, as Meiling probably has no problem with repelling various intruders with no nominal importance.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin89 View Post
    Failure in guarding the gate should be read as against Reimu and Marisa, as Meiling probably has no problem with repelling various intruders with no nominal importance.
    And Yukari.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by IncoherentEssay View Post
    You know, if i hadn't read her profile on the wiki recently, this would be the first time Meiling has been noted as the SDM gardener that i know of.
    Kinda sad how she gets Flandrezised into just a Sleeps-on-the-job-gatekeeper/Sakuya's-chewtoy in most of the fanworks i've seen.
    There was actually a conversation about this a while ago on BG's Anime/Manga thread. Thing is Meiling's occupation as a gardener wasn't mentioned until PMiSS... by which time she had had plenty of time to be flanderized, and there was already another gardener character (Youmu) on top of that. So it's not really very surprising. Still, nice to see that it's remembered at least by some.
    Last edited by Jm2c; 2010-11-22 at 01:35 PM.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Banned

There are good fanworks portraying her more seriously out there. Sadly most of those fall within a single genre, Meiling/Sakuya shipping. Not that i mind too much, but more diversity would be nice.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Dwarf in the Playground

There are good fanworks portraying her more seriously out there. Sadly most of those fall within a single genre, Meiling/Sakuya shipping. Not that i mind too much, but more diversity would be nice.
    It shocks me to hear that coming from you of all people.
    But... well, an activity like gardening lends itself better to more peaceful, perhaps romantic (duh) works. Aside from Sakuya, the person Meiling is most often shipped with is... Flandre. And Meiling/Flan lends itself very, very well to Slapstick Butt Monkey Meiling.

I did read a fairly heartwarming doujin once where Meiling teaches Flan to cook, though. Eh, it's something.
    Last edited by Jm2c; 2010-11-22 at 02:56 PM.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Banned

Hey, i might be gayer than a rainbow and have Meiling and Sakuya as my favorite characters, but that doesn't mean that i don't appreciate diversity. Besides it does limit the kinds of serious portrayals of Meiling you get.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Orc in the Playground

How long does it take to get the second CG image for the SDM team, and are you supposed to have not done anything to its territories (as in no taking over/attacking) to get it? Also, what do you have to do to get song 42 to show up in the Extra menu?

It's not related to the LP, but it's still about the game. Those ???'s have been bugging me for a while.