New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Conquering the Fantasy Kitchen Sink - Let's Play Sengoku Gensokyo!

It's laid out a little differently than the other games, but you should try Imperishable Night. I've heard some people say it's easier than the others.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

If you're referring to me, I've already unlocked the Extra stages on Perfect Cherry Blossom, Imperishable Night, and Mountain of Faith,

Imperishable Night is probably the easiest Touhou aside from the fighting games, at least in my opinion.

EDIT: I've also come the closest to beating Mokou. I believe my best record was....3 spell cards left. Not exactly impressive but I'm proud of it.
    Last edited by PKF995; 2010-12-04 at 02:19 AM.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Banned

Definitely watch Medicine's Melancholy. It is quite touching and it doesn't even take time so there is literally no reason not to.

And beyond that let's carefully attack the one good for sex appeal and see if we can make her desert before heading on to picking up Mokou.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
    Both Medicine and Yuuka must be on your team, and you must have at least one affection bonus for one of them.
    Are you sure it's one affection boost for only one of them? Because it seems like I didn't get the event until both of them got an affection boost.

But yeah, let's watch that and then resume our "2 attacks + defend" tactic.

And seeing as I pretty much fail at the danmaku games in general (especially after Mountain of Faith), I got nothing to contribute to that.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Bugbear in the Playground

Let's Play Sengoku Gensokyo - Day 60

Spoiler
    Show
    BGM: Out of Sight, Out of Mind

A field of suzuran adorned the Nameless Hill, with Medicine sitting in the middle of it. She stared wordlessly into the distance, occasionally stroking the suzuran with her hand.

Medicine: Ms. Su, are you feeling good? If you are, then share some of it with me.

Having been born from poison, Medicine was essentially like the suzuran. Whenever she was injured, a rest surrounded by suzuran would heal her body quickly...But such cures could not heal a broken heart.

Why am I feeling so down...? Is it because I lost to a human?

She questioned herself, but could not figure out any answers. All she was doing was letting time tick away, while playing with the suzuran at her fingertips.

Hmm...I guess that's part of it, but it feels like there's something different. And I haven't given up on liberating the dolls ei...ther? Huh...What was that?

It was the dull feeling of pain. Something deep inside that tiny chest of hers was hurting.

Ahh, I don't know! What's happening to me, Ms. Su? ...Please say something...

???: Who knows~.

Who's that? ...Ah...

The voice that responded to her was none other than Yuuka. She looked downwards at Medicine, clad in her familiar checkered shirt and holding her usual parasol.

Why are you here?

Yuuka: Well you know, you flew off with such a gloom-and-doom face. It worried me a little. And of course, it wasn't hard to figure out where you would go. I simply followed after you in case you were planning on committing suicide.

Who's committing suicide? ...Oh, you mean me? Aww, why does everyone think I'd do things like that...

I see, that's a relief then. You're such a bad girl though. I went to such great pains to cheer you up, and now you're all depressed again.

Depressed? Um...Am I depressed? I'm not really sure myself. I feel like I should try to work even harder, but then I get this weird feeling in my chest.

You're a doll, aren't you? Wouldn't you be empty inside?

That's so rude! I've got my hopes, and dreams, and Ms. Su all inside me!

There we go then. You still have hopes and dreams to look forward to, so cheer up.

I do, but...I don't know. I lost, but still wanted to make more and more allies, so I joined the humans...

Do you hate being with humans?

Yuuka's question brought a shadow over Medicine's expression. Her body seemed to shrink even more than before as she continued to slowly speak her mind.

Humans were supposed to be my enemy...But I don't know anymore. Like, you know, that magician...Alice, was it? She calls herself a dollmaster, and controls so many dolls...At first I thought that she was horrible, and that I had to save those dolls...But they looked so happy even though they were being controlled...Now, I'm not sure of anything anymore.

Ahh, I see. That's good, really. You've definitely matured some.

Ehh? How so?

Would you have thought so deeply about that in the past? Back then, you were so convinced that the liberation of dolls was righteous and just.

Yeah, it was so easy then.

But now, you're thinking, even arguing with yourself. That is why you feel pain in your chest. Whether that pain can be healed is entirely up to you.

How am I supposed to heal it?

[color="Green"]Being told the answer isn't good enough. You said you were inexperienced, right? Ever since you became a youkai, you've always been alone. So, you need to meet, talk, and feel all the many different types of living beings...then, you may eventually find your answer.

Ah...I feel better now. Thank you.

BGM: A Single Ending, A Single Beginning

Yes, that's the right attitude. The answer's waiting for you to walk towards it.

Yeah...Huh? The pain in my chest stopped.

That's even better. There's no need to rush, just take it one step at a time.

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it...but why are you always helping me out?

Hmm...Partly to amuse myself.

Ehh!? That's mean!

And the other part...That would be because we're friends, aren't we? I love flowers, after all. Sunflowers or otherwise.

Yeah, I love Ms. Su too! But sunflowers...Well, I'll try really hard to like them!

I most certainly hope you do. Now, let's do our best from now on.

Yuuka had managed to cheer Medicine up to what she was like before. The feelings of pain and thoughts that occurred to her were things that she had never experienced when she lived alone in the suzuran field. But she had ventured outside of her own will, and overcame the obstacle deep in her heart. She had even made friends that would help her. A new world, and new possibilities were opening up to her. As long as she holds on to the light in her heart, kept snugly in that tiny body...Perhaps the day when the relationship between humans and dolls would change may not be too far away.

Reimu: Ah, it's you! You're the rabbit fraud who's stealing my donations away!

Tewi: How very cruel, and very untrue~.

Untrue? It's because of you that my shrine hasn't been having any business lately!

What kind of shrine maiden calls her shrine a business?

Anyway! As long as you're around, the value of my shrine will plummet! If you won't listen to reason, then I'll have to stop you by force!

Ooh, scary scary. How 'bout I give you a little bit of good fortune instead of donations? It'll be a lot more than you'll get from your donation box anyway.

Who are you calling a swindler shrine maiden running a fake rip-off shrine!? That's it, you're definitely not getting away now! You better prepare yourself!

I didn't say thaaat!

Still no Tewi? Wow, that wascally wabbit...

Just as well. Tewi has a really strange special ability that takes a while to charge up, but once it goes off, it reverses the battle guage for both sides. That often means you go from easily winning to losing badly.

Without her, Reisen and her forces are pretty easy prey. Then again, I've never seen Tewi successfully pull off her ability...

BGM: Moon Rabbit ~Bathed in Moonlight~

In the dead of the night, with the world covered in darkness, Reisen stood alone in the bamboo forest, looking up at the sky. She could not feel anyone's presence, and the rustling leaves were the only sounds.

Reisen: ...I wonder...what did the Yama mean?

Eiki's words repeated themselves inside Reisen's mind.

Eiki: (...If that is the case, then it appears that you still hve not found your answer.)

My...answer. It had completely slipped my mind, but all those memories are coming back to me now...

The memories of the moon slept deep within Reisen. The memories of deserting her comrades in the midst of battle against the humans. She thought she had come to accept it, but the pain was still clearly evident. She no longer had anywhere to run. Furthermore, she owed a debt to Kaguya and Eirin for taking her in. Yet...Eiki's words struck nerves within her that she didn't even know existed. Could she really face her sins? With her answer still unfound, a feeling of gloom washed over her entirely.

...I can't keep this up. I need to find my answer...I'm not running away, I'm only finding my answer, so...

As she spoke to herself, she looked up towards the moon one last time, and disappeared from the area. Not a single soul remained.

...On that day, Reisen's whereabouts became unknown.

Reisen Udongein Inaba has withdrawn from the Eientei Forest.

Eirin: Princess, we have a problem. The Lost Bamboo Forest has been taken by the Hakurei army.

Kaguya: What!? What were the defenders doing?

It seems they tried their best, but their best simply was not good enough.

The fact that they only tried is why they failed. The process doesn't matter. Only the results do.

Yes, I'm sorry.

Well, what's done is done. More importantly, what do we do now? They'll be reaching Eientei very soon at this rate.

My, wouldn't this make things less boring for you?

The star needs a far more worthy stage to make her entrance. I won't be interested until more work is done to make the play more exciting.

If that is what you desire, would you possess a plan to bring this about?

Hm, yes...Nothing's impossible, after all. I doubt she'll like it very much, though.

Perhaps she should be asked first?

It's nothing that formal...I'm going out for a walk. Come with me.

...Would it be fine for me to be present?

If it's just the two of us, who knows what will happen? I'd prefer not to start forest fires if possible.

...Very well.

...At a certain location deep within the bamboo forest, a certain house with a thatched roof stood. A light shone from within, revealing the presence of life inside. Eirin and Kaguya stood at its side.

Eirin: Is this really acceptable? It seems like the last resort to me, in more ways than one.

Kaguya: Certainly...We should make use of everything we have available to...us.

Right before Kaguya could finish her sentence, a ball of flame flew at them from above. Both of them managed to avoid it, as if they were practically expecting the attack.

Goodness...As impolite as ever, I see. Don't hide, go ahead and show yourself to us...Mokou.

As her name was called towards the sky, a single shadow appeared, and slowly landed on the ground a short distance away from Kaguya and Eirin. The shadow kept a close eye (and glare) on Kaguya.

Mokou: You two are the ones launching a nighttime attack on me, and you have the nerve to call me impolite?

We were not doing anything, and were suddenly attacked. That would make us the victims. Right, Eirin?

Please do not get me involved.

Not doing anything? How dare you insult my intelligence! There's only one reason why you all would come here.

That would usually be true, but today is different. I wouldn't have dragged Eirin along if that were the case, after all.

...What is it, then? Just fess up already.

It's already very late, and I want to go back home, so I will only say this once. Mokou, lend me your strength.

.........Ahh, my ears must be going bad. Or maybe I'm just starting to hallucinate?

You've always been strange.

What!? You really did come here to pick a fight, didn't you!?

Calm down, I'm not the one trying to start something. They are.

They? Who are you talking about?

Well, it's like this...And that's why I need your strength.

Hold it. This doesn't have anything to do with me. Why do I have to clean up after your messes?

That's why it's a request. Besides, they're sure to come here as well sooner or later.

That's still a pain.

So anyway, let's work well together~. Alright, let's go home, Eirin.

Yes, we do need some rest before tomorrow comes.

Hey, wait a second! I'm not finished ye...Geez, they just up and left.

After stating their business, the two didn't wait for Mokou's reply and went back home. Mokou thought of giving chase, but she could not shake the feeling that it might be a trap, and hesitation killed the chance.

Geez...It makes me feel sick to fulfill a request from her too...I thought something bad was going to happen, and it sure did. Grr, I'm going to be so cursed with bad luck for going with her now! Bah, I should just go and get some sleep.

Mokou returned to her house, muttering curses at the direction of the Eientei pair. And just as she feared, the next day was to bring even more calamity and misfortune upon her.

Kaguya: ...Now then, take care of the rest, Eirin.

This is really quite a crafty plan you've come up with, princess.

I would call it "resourceful" myself. Now, the road to Eientei is linked with the road to Mokou's house...The fake path will ensure that they do not reach us.

I will make some final adjustments to make sure everything goes according to plan. Please go back to Eientei first, princess.

Okay, good luck~.

...My my, the princess has become quite cunning as well. Now then, I should finish up here and head back home.

...From that day on, the true path to Eientei was shut tight.

Hidden House placed under control of Eientei Forest.

BGM: Legends

There exists a Gensokyo different from the one we know, a world that had long become a forgotten memory. It was a place that no one went to, a place that no one left. Yet it stands, existing in a state of non-existence.

Naturally, that world has its own residents. They live their lives quietly and peacefully in a world of their own...or at least, they were thought to. Even that had been lost to the annals of the past.

???: Lady ???, the teatime snacks are ready.

???: My, thank you, li'l ???. What's on the menu today?

Mud cake. With plenty of walnuts.

Ooh, my favorite! How thoughtful of you, li'l ???.

I am unworthy of your generous praise.

The figure started to gobble down on the cake placed in front of it, all the while looking upwards and attempting to speak.

Gamph, mogf...hycho...hech...hahear...so yoush...camph...

Please do not talk while you are eating. I cannot understand a single word you are saying.

*gulp*...This cake is pretty hard. I'd like a knife with it next time.

My deepest apologies, I shall be careful of the constituency in the future...If you do not mind, there is something else I would like you to hear.

Wha issh...*gulp*...What's the matter? Did you quarrel with someone again?

No, it is about the other world...

Ahh, you took a look outside? You sure like the outside too, huh? I believe I told you not to look out there too often, though.

My apologies. But some strange things there had caught my eye.

Strange things...? If you're reporting it to me, can I safely assume that it's something that threatens us?

That is not something I can confirm at the moment...But currently...Some form of war appears to be taking place within Gensokyo.

A war? It's been calm here for a long time now. Are there some political troubles going on over there?

It does not appear to be very serious...But I thought I would let you know about it.

Well, whatever the people over there are up to doesn't really concern us. Though, how has the war been progressing?

My, you're interested in it now?

Of course I would be, it sounds fun. So, what's the story so far?

The Hakurei Shrine currently possesses the majority of the territory. Victory is right before their eyes.

Hakurei Shrine...The figure rose its eyebrows at those words.

Hakurei Shrine...I haven't heard that name in a long time. That Reimu Hakurei was such a nonsensical person, even for a human.

That Reimu Hakurei, as well as another black-coloured magician, are the leaders of that army.

A black-coloured magician...The figure's hair twitched at those words.

A black-coloured magician...Could it be Marisa Kirisame? I still can't believe I lost to that fake magician...Irritating memories are coming back to me.

Yes, those two are the reasons why I felt you would want to hear about this.

...Li'l ???, the Hakurei are the most prominent force at the moment, right?

Yes.

And their leaders are Reimu Hakurei and Marisa Kirisame, right?

That is correct.

The figure's eyes closed, deep in thought. After awhile, the figure raised its head and opened its eyes again. Its eyes were full of confidence.

...And if they continue winning that war to the end, Gensokyo will be unified under them, right?

That appears to be the case.

So Hakure is dominant right now...and their leaders, Reimu and Marisa, have been here before. So what can we derive from that?

...Their next target will be...

Here~! They're trying to gather an army to launch a full-blown attack at us! How could they~!?

Please calm down, Lady ???! Nothing has been decided or confirmed yet.

Ahh...Y-You're right...but we mustn't be caught unprepared. We can never be sure what those two are thinking.

Yes, I shall continue observing the situation there.

Please. The time and place may be different...But it looks like things are going to get really interesting. We'll show them what we're made of!

The slumbering world was slowly being awakened.

Turn: 60
    Ouki: 14485
    Ryumaku: 88/120
    Actions Available: 3

Our Territories:

Hakurei Shrine
    Defense: 250/250
    Cost to Develop: 27 RES

Night-Blind Road
    Defense: 160/160
    Cost to Develop: 33 RES

Faintly Dark Path
    Defense: 175/175

Magic Forest Entrance
    Defense: 180/180

Magic Forest Border

Magic Forest Interior
    Defense: 210/210
    cost to Develop: 9 RES

Road of Reconsideration
    Defense: 190/190
    Cost to Develop: 30 RES

Muenzuka
    Defense: 215/215
    Cost to Develop: 6 RES

Human Village
    Defense: 150/310

Garden of the Sun

Nameless Hill
    Defense: 205/205
    Cost to Develop: 9 RES

Misty Lake
    Defense: 225/225

SDM Gate
    Defense: 230/230
    Cost to Develop: 12 RES

Great Library
    Defense: 195/195

Clock Tower

SDM Top Floor

Lost Bamboo Forest

Enemy Territories:

Hidden House
    Army: Eientei Forest
    General: Fujiwara no Mokou

Eientei
    General: Kaguya Houraisan (leader)

Blossoms Barrier
    Army: Hakugyokurou Hades
    General: Prismriver Sisters
    Defense: 220/220

Hakugyokurou Stairs
    General: Youmu Konpaku
    Defense: 200/200

Hakugyokurou
    General: Yuyuko Saigyouji (leader)
    Defense: 235/235

Yakumo Residence
    Army: Yakumo Clan
    General: Yukari Yakumo (leader)
    Defense: 310/310

Special Events:

War Declaration: Yakumo Clan
    Costs 10 NEG to declare war.

Lots of juicy cutscenes today. So much so that I didn't bother attacking the Hidden House yet, because I didn't want even more cutscenes to copy.

Quote Originally Posted by EifieFlare View Post
    Are you sure it's one affection boost for only one of them? Because it seems like I didn't get the event until both of them got an affection boost.
    My Medicine has yet to earn a single affection bonus, so I'm pretty sure you don't need it for both.
    Check out my Let's Plays: Sengoku Gensokyo (Complete!), Touhoumon (Complete!), and Labyrinth of Touhou
    Jade Curtiss avatar by Teutonic Knight

6. - Top - End - #396
    Orc in the Playground

I read that you only need an affection boost for one of the pair as well, but it didn't seem to work until they both got a boost. Either that, or my memory fails and I'm believing that they both had them when they actually didn't. Now that I think about it, I'm not sure what Medicine would have been doing with an affection boost since I only planned on using her after the event.

I had the misfortune of seeing Tewi's special successfully used, during the final battle for the Yakumo territory, and right at the end of the battle no less. I prioritized defeating the Yakumos over her and I had no idea what her special was, so I didn't know something like that would happen. Instantly losing about 100 points of territory was...not amusing.

And finally, "mud cakes with walnuts"?

7. - Top - End - #397
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

At least you don't really see it that often. And it won't help too much if you just eliminate the opposing team outright, but DOES stand to be an absolute killer.

Can anyone else tell who those shadowy figures are just from those shadows? I think it might have helped to put less detail into the hair.

Also, I am quite sure that both of them need the affection. When only Yuuka had accumulated affection I had never gotten the scene even while Medicine was in the party. Same goes for the magicians.

Still, if you really don't have any affection accumulated for Medicine, I just don't know anymore.

8. - Top - End - #398

Quote Originally Posted by PKF995 View Post

Can anyone else tell who those shadowy figures are just from those shadows? I think it might have helped to put less detail into the hair.

Do you mean, who are they? Or can anyone else tell who they are besides me?

Because I'm pretty sure I know who they are.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Orc in the Playground

It should be easy to tell who the shadows are if you're knowledgeable about how all of the characters in Touhou look. I couldn't when I first played, since I was unfamiliar with those games and thus didn't know the characters at the time, but the silhouettes are actually pretty distinctive now that I know.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Banned

I didn't know the characters when i played. However, references to an older world should give a good hint as to where they are from at least. Also i won't ruin their grand entrance by spoiling it, that entrance gets ruined quite thoroughly by the actual characters in the game anyway.

I will say that they are awesome in this game, though.

Also that cutscene with Medicine and Yuuka is so adorable and heartwarming. I really like that the people making this game took that kind of effort to develop a character as rarely seen as Medicine.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Dwarf in the Playground

Its quite obvious. Then again, I played another fangame that used a similar premise. Touhou Mother. Check it out.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Ogre in the Playground

I have a few guesses to who those shadows are
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's Yumeko and Shinki from Mystic Square

When will be able to recruit Mokou, because I'm not sure if she can fight against Kaguya, or if we have to beat Eientei to get her. Might as well bring Keine for this attack to get some good old caving.
    Yet another Touhou fan in the playground.
    I'm the strongest, but don't call me an idiot or I'll cyro-freeze you together with some English Beef. - Cirno Avatar by me, assassin8⑨

13. - Top - End - #403

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin89 View Post

When will be able to recruit Mokou, because I'm not sure if she can fight against Kaguya, or if we have to beat Eientei to get her. Might as well bring Keine for this attack to get some good old caving.
    As soon as we capture her house. Mokou didn't want to be a part of Eientei's team remember?

14. - Top - End - #404
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I can't wait to recruit Mokou.

Anyways yeah, it's

Spoiler
    Show
    The Makai group. Shinki's side-ponytail gave it away the first time I played, and the old world references reinforced it further.

15. - Top - End - #405
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin89 View Post
    I have a few guesses to who those shadows are
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's Yumeko and Shinki from Mystic Square
    That's my guess as well.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The side ponytail gives the left character's identity away quite handily, and the one on the right appears to be wearing a maid's headdress. There is, as far as I know, exactly one character with a (heavily-memeticised) side ponytail and a maid.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Heh, I didn't even notice that
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yumeko appeared to be wearing a maid's headdress
    up until you mentioned it.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Bugbear in the Playground

Let's Play Sengoku Gensokyo - Day 61

Spoiler
    Show
    Reimu: Alright, let's advance towards Eientei!

Marisa: Do ya remember the way?

I've been there before. Besides, we'll be fine if we just keep moving forward, probably.

These haphazard ways of yours are really somethin', that's for sure.

...And to no one's surprise, Reimu's group ended up far from their intended target of Eientei, but instead, at a lone house with a thatched roof.

Huh, that's weird.

The path was kinda strange...Like somebody was playin' tricks with our vision.

Mokou: That Kaguya, this is what she...Fine, come on! Bring it! I'll blow you all away, and she'll be next! Grrrrr!

Mokou: Ah, is that you, Keine? What, did you come here to take me out?

Keine: Of course not. But if you're with them right now, then we'll have to face each other in battle.

They're the ones who selfishly got me involved! Well, I'm bored anyway, so I'll repel all you invaders, then give that Kaguya a good beating!

Good grief, you two are at it again?

They're using everything they've got. I can't just let them do as they please. I've got a lot of frustration stored up, so if you don't want to die...

...It's probably not my place to say at this point, but you should take things a little easier. Especially if you wish to live with humans.

Another lecture? Yeah yeah, I've heard it all before already. Let's cut the chatter and get to business. I won't get bored if you're my opponent.

Goodness...She's so much trouble.

Cue awesome battle music.

BGM: Reach for the Moon, Immortal Smoke ~ Sengoku Arr. ~

Mokou has one of the best abilities in the game: Resurrection. It triggers whenever she would normally be KO'd, and automatically restores her back up to full HP. In any given battle, it will always go off the first time she gets defeated, but it can still seem to trigger once in a while on subsequent deaths. I've seen it go off three times in a single fight once.

Aside from Resurrection, Mokou's still got good melee stats, and can hit pretty hard when she's got plenty of HP left. Thanks to Resurrection, she'll have high HP more than once too.

On higher difficulties, you may not have the resources to defeat Mokou several times over. In those cases, it might be better to bring Mokou and her mooks all down to low HP, then let them waste their battle counter. That beats defeating Mokou only to let her regain a couple thousand HP and start one-shotting your characters.

Mokou: Owowow...Okay already, I give. I lose.

Reimu: What? You're giving up rather fast.

I'm sure you all have guessed by now...But Kaguya's the one sending you all to me. I don't have any obligations to keep working with her like this.

We weren't entirely certain actually, but that makes things a lot clearer and quicker. Right then...That'll finish this up.

...Hey, you're going after Kaguya next, right?

That appears to be the order. We do have to beat her if we want this whole thing to end.

Then you can bring me along, right?

Hearing someone actually volunteering to join is a new one for me.

So it's fine? I want to give her a real surprise!

Hm, I suppose having motivated people along would be a good thing. I'll have to take you as a prisoner first though. Those are the rules.

Ehh, seriously? Well, whatever the case, make sure to bring me along!

Mokou surrendered and offered herself as a prisoner in order to take revenge on her eternal enemy, Kaguya. With that, the Hidden House became the territory of the Hakurei army.

Fujiwara no Mokou was taken prisoner.

Eirin: Princess, she has been defeated.

Kaguya: My, even Mokou didn't succeed? She's more useless than I thought.

This place is all that remains.

I suppose there's nothing else that can be done. Do your best, Eirin.

My, you certainly are tough with your servants.

Would a master who advances ahead of her servants even exist?

I suppose not. Well, I would suggest not to put too much hope in me.

Just make sure to fight your hardest.

Mokou: Hey, I'm tired of waiting!

Reimu: You're awfully persistent. What are you so hung up about?

You were going to beat that Kaguya up, weren't you? And you said I could come along too, right!?

Ah, I did say something like that, didn't I? You do know that if you join, you can't just decide to leave after we finish Kaguya off, right?

As long as I can hear her cry for mercy, I don't care about anything else. C'mon, let's go already!

You seem to be the most informed about her, so I'll be relying on you.

Oh right, before I forget, Kaguya and I usually ignore everything around us when we start up, so you all should be careful not to get caught up in it.

Just how violent do you two get?

Hm, the typical fight usually burns up part of the bamboo forest.

...Forget it then, you just stay here. We'll handle it.

Don't joke around, let's just go already! C'mon!

...I've got a bad feeling about this.

Fujiwara no Mokou became an ally.

Eientei makes one more attack on the Lost Bamboo Forest, but they were easily repelled. At least Tewi showed up this time, with no Reisen left to hide behind.

One nice thing about holding the Hidden House is that it can't be counterattacked by Eientei once captured.

Turn: 61
    Ouki: 14409
    Ryumaku: 93/123
    Actions Available: 3

Our Territories:

Hakurei Shrine
    Defense: 250/250

Night-Blind Road

Faintly Dark Path

Magic Forest Entrance
    Defense: 180/180

Magic Forest Border

Magic Forest Interior
    cost to Develop: 9 RES

Road of Reconsideration
    Defense: 190/190

Muenzuka
    Defense: 215/215

Human Village
    Defense: 150/310

Garden of the Sun

Nameless Hill

Misty Lake

SDM Gate

Great Library

Clock Tower

SDM Top Floor

Lost Bamboo Forest

Hidden House

Enemy Territories:

Eientei
    General: Kaguya Houraisan (leader)

Blossoms Barrier
    General: Prismriver Sisters
    Defense: 220/220

Hakugyokurou Stairs
    General: Youmu Konpaku
    Defense: 200/200

Hakugyokurou
    General: Yuyuko Saigyouji (leader)
    Defense: 235/235

Yakumo Residence
    Army: Yakumo Clan
    General: Yukari Yakumo (leader)
    Defense: 310/310

Special Events:

War Declaration: Yakumo Clan
    Costs 10 NEG to declare war.

Of course I was going to recruit Mokou. Like my audience would let me live if I were to leave her behind...But in all honesty, she's a great unit, so I'm always happy to recruit her.
    Check out my Let's Plays: Sengoku Gensokyo (Complete!), Touhoumon (Complete!), and Labyrinth of Touhou
    Jade Curtiss avatar by Teutonic Knight

18. - Top - End - #408

Yay! All is well in the Fantasy Kitchen Sink.

Ok, let's go pound on Hakugyokurou now.

Just want to add that Mokou rezzed 4 times against the last boss for me. (didn't win that battle though, which stank )

19. - Top - End - #409
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I never let her die that much...but when I was fighting her she once resurrected 4 times herself. She's probably one of the most irritating foes in the game because of the random revival chance.

Anyways, yeah, definitely add Mokou onto one of the battle teams. Preferably next to Keine. Now all that's left is to go beat up Kaguya. Why does she look so...weird in this game anyways?

20. - Top - End - #410
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PKF995 View Post
    Why does she look so...weird in this game anyways?
    Basically, the game has about fifteen different artists with distinct styles. Some of them give characters a rather weird look.

Personally, I dislike all of the game's art, but eh.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

21. - Top - End - #411
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Basically, the game has about fifteen different artists with distinct styles. Some of them give characters a rather weird look.

Personally, I dislike all of the game's art, but eh.
    That's just it. I like some of the artists (whoever did the Higan Team, for example), but some of it just gives me the creeps. In particular, there's one of Reimu where I think the artist was going for the "confused head tilt", but it just looks like her neck is suddenly sprouting out of her cheekbone. I wouldn't mind if the artwork were universally good or universally bad (hey, I could at least get used to consistent crap) but the juxtapositions can be rather jarring. Had the same problem with Touhou Labyrinth incidentally.
    Last edited by Rolaran; 2010-12-06 at 03:14 AM.
    Patchouli Knowledge avatar courtesy of the skillful Prime32.

"Everyone feels benevolent if nothing happens to be annoying him at the moment."
    --C. S. Lewis

"The first person to prove that cow's milk is drinkable was very, very thirsty."

22. - Top - End - #412
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rolaran View Post
    That's just it. I like some of the artists (whoever did the Higan Team, for example), but some of it just gives me the creeps. In particular, there's one of Reimu where I think the artist was going for the "confused head tilt", but it just looks like her neck is suddenly sprouting out of her cheekbone. I wouldn't mind if the artwork were universally good or universally bad (hey, I could at least get used to consistent crap) but the juxtapositions can be rather jarring. Had the same problem with Touhou Labyrinth incidentally.
    I think Touhou Labyrinth skipped the whole art style schizophrenia in favour of being universally awful.

For me, some of the worst are Kaguya, Yuuka and Youmu. But yes, they're all pretty bad.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

23. - Top - End - #413

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    I think Touhou Labyrinth skipped the whole art style schizophrenia in favour of being universally awful.

For me, some of the worst are Kaguya, Yuuka and Youmu. But yes, they're all pretty bad.
    Huh. I thought Yuuka looked fairly good. Meiling on the other hand....

Reisan looks goofy too.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Ogre in the Playground

I think in this game, the art work ranges from adorable to creepy to just plain weird.

As for our next action, if we have Mokou somehow enter Hakugyokurou despite being a Hourai immortal due to gameplay and story segregation, we will be attacking a greater threat. Otherwise take out Kaguya, so Eirin won't be helping her.
    I'm the strongest, but don't call me an idiot or I'll cyro-freeze you together with some English Beef. - Cirno Avatar by me, assassin8⑨

25. - Top - End - #415
    Banned

Mokou is indeed awesome in this game and with Keine also being great and the two giving each other a bonus, it starts getting a bit ridiculous.

And i vote we stick to one enemy at a time. There is no real strategic basis for this, it's just tidier.

Finally, i have to say that there is no question that Kaguya has the worst art in the game. I mean, just look at her. And she's supposed to be the most beautiful person in Gensokyo too.

26. - Top - End - #416
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terraoblivion View Post
    Finally, i have to say that there is no question that Kaguya has the worst art in the game. I mean, just look at her. And she's supposed to be the most beautiful person in Gensokyo too.
    I understand what you mean by bad art, she has no mouth. How is she speaking?

27. - Top - End - #417
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Well, I wouldn't call it ugly. It's just very awkward and also cute in a sense.

For the Labyrinth of Touhou artwork, I think that Sakuya, Alice, and Reisen probably look the worst. Sakuya and Alice's faces are like polygons and Reisen...well, yeah.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Orc in the Playground

Frankly, I don't think any of the art in either of the games is too terrible. At the most, I might make a face or something, but you just have to get used to it I guess.

Also, I can't draw to save my life, so I really have no right to criticize anyone's drawing ability.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I can't draw either. But I do have my opinions on what looks good or not.

To be honest, I like this game's artwork. LoT...not so much.

30. - Top - End - #420
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EifieFlare View Post
    Also, I can't draw to save my life, so I really have no right to criticize anyone's drawing ability.
    This. Aside from the fact that the only type of criticism I give is constructive criticism, and I usually expect that from others, too, so yeah.

Oh, also, yay for Mokou. :3
    Last edited by FantasyFoxMan; 2010-12-06 at 10:44 PM.
    Fluttershy in the Playground. I'm okay with this.

Oh yeah, also: Follow me in my current Screenshot LP of Pokémon Liquid Crystal! (Now probably a lost cause, since the original thread is over six months old, if not longer!)

It's Pants, the Musical Superstar!