New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Banned

Default Re: Conquering the Fantasy Kitchen Sink - Let's Play Sengoku Gensokyo!

I have seen a some fan works that stick relatively closely to canon or at least more moderate examples of fanon that take the characters and their development seriously. Most of the serious stories by Visionnerz do for example, despite his annoying tendency to add gratuitous nudity at times, as does the RP site that Drascin got me to join a few months ago. A somewhat borderline example is Gensokyo Great Sports Day - 200 Yojana in a Flash, it does take some relatively great narrative liberties, but characterization is generally close to what's accepted as standard. I'm sure there are more, but sadly i either haven't seen them or i can't remember them.

2. - Top - End - #602
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EifieFlare View Post
    Have you gone after the Higan team yet? If you're worried about having to fight on multiple fronts, you might want to get rid of them first to cut down on armies a bit. But even then, the number of attacks per turn isn't all that threatening. Since you're already on the offensive against at least one army, and there will rarely (if at all) be 3 or more attacking you at the same time, dealing with defenses isn't as big of a problem as it sounds.

I think Hard and Lunatic are unlocked after clearing the game on Normal, along with the Extra and National modes. Of course, I might be wrong, since I didn't really pay attention to that. I don't think there's any real difference, except that everyone starts out at higher levels.
    I went ahead and cleared out wriggle, alice, and Shiki's team, yeah. I know before hand that once you take the human village everyone gets a lot more aggressive, so I decided to take out as many enemies as I could.

Should I bother recruiting some of these generics? It's getting better, but it seems like if I use a party of 4-5 (usually what it takes for me to win a battle. Maybe) people I don't have enough left over for defense.

Also, I've used money to boost my characters up a few levels. Is that going to come bite me later on?
    Last edited by Eliirae; 2011-01-07 at 07:46 PM.

3. - Top - End - #603
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eliirae View Post
    Should I bother recruiting some of these generics? It's getting better, but it seems like if I use a party of 4-5 (usually what it takes for me to win a battle. Maybe) people I don't have enough left over for defense.

Also, I've used money to boost my characters up a few levels. Is that going to come bite me later on?
    I would say go for recruitment if you want to. There's no real penalty to recruiting new units; the only bad thing is that the units you use to convince them can't be used that turn, so you may have to stretch it over a couple turns if you don't have enough characters. Once you get better (named) units, you can always just dismiss the generics anyway.

The only bad thing I can foresee with you boosting levels right now is that you won't have as much Ouki as you should, so you might not be able to heal fully if your team gets battered. Do take note that the price for experience rises with level though. But yeah, other than that, there's nothing wrong. I boosted levels with Ouki very often in my playthrough, and I experienced no problems.
    Last edited by EifieFlare; 2011-01-07 at 07:53 PM.

4. - Top - End - #604
    Dwarf in the Playground

Touhou Mother is pretty good about it.