New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC

Spoiler
    Show
    huh, interesting. Sacrificial pit maybe

With init 21 I should go before the blackscales so I can move full speed without AoOs

When the sudden end to the ritualistic chanting betrayed that their presence had been noticed, Grimmgang darted into the room to make use of the little surprise they had left. Quickly surveying the room, he decided to block the northernmost blackscale to make it more difficult for the other two to join the fight with the central pit in the way. His purple axe cut through the air, aiming for the back of the blackscale priest.

Spoiler
    Show
    move north of the northeastern square of the blackscale. If I have to use Sudden Leap to get that far I do so

Mountain Hammer
    Dwarven Waraxe - (1d20+8)[17]
    Slashing damage - (1d10+4)[11] + Maneuver damage - (2d6)[9] + Skirmish damage - (1d6)[6]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff the Green View Post
    Actually, when you first put up the post where the gazebo started trying to eat us, I assumed you were pulling our legs and you'd put up the real post soon enough.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallenOne View Post
    When all were through, Grimmgang removed the grappling hook again; the blackscale patrol would be here again soon enough.
    Shaking off an ominous feeling from gazing at the bas-relief, he pointed left where the unintelligible chanting was coming from and carefully etched forward towards the source of the sounds, shield out front. "If you have any battle preparations to make, now's the time", he whispered under his breath before they reached the entrance to the eastern room.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Back from my trip, ready to roll!

The Shard nods and say, "please give me a few moments to prepare."

It closes it's eyes and a warm light radiates outward. As the light touches the others they can feel a wave of warm uplifiting confidence fill them. "The Cruciform Blesses you and Protects it's Servant." A moment later Shard's glowing crystaline shield manifests in the air before him and he draws his crystaline sword, light flowing from his body to enliven the blade. The fearsome face gazing from the translucent is a mirror of Shard's own and it glows blue and ruby red as his armor.

Spoiler
    Show

Casting:
    Bless (16 rounds):
    Everyone gets +1 morale bonus to attacks and saves vs. fear.
    Protection from Evil (17 rounds): Shard gains +2 AC vs. Evil, +2 Resitance bonus to all saves and cannot be posessed or mind controlled.
    Manifesting Force Screen (9 rounds): 1 Power Point (Remaining: 8+2): Shard gains +4 Shield Bonus to AC

Just before entering room: Cast: TrueStrike (1 round)

Current AC vs. Evil: 29 (27 vs. Neutral)

First Round: Start in front (Vanguard Position) at square: Um...no squares are listed, but I'm in the one 5 squares from the Priest in a direct diagonal line (30 move away).

Initiative: (1d20+5)[8]

Maneuver's Readied (will edit post if using a maneuver): (1d5)[5] (Douse the Flames and Charging Minotaur (See OOC))

Stance: Iron Guard's Glare.

Swift Action: Pump 2 Power Points into Deep Crystal Blade (Remaining: 6+2)
    Move Action: Charge Priest (30 move, accepting the AoO from moving through the Blackscale's threatened space).
    Standard Action: Cleave into Priest: (1d20+26)[42] Crit Confrim: [Roll]1d20+26) Damage: (4d6+4)[14]

Edit: Woops, Messed up the crit but it wasn't needed anyways. Below Average Damage but at least it hits...

Last edited by TekHed; 2011-03-01 at 04:33 AM.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ogre in the Playground

When the enemy is engaged, Daiya reaches a hand down from her bow to touch her quiver, emboldening her arrows with heat and preparing to fire at the heavy enemies.

Spoiler
    Show
    init:1d20+3
    Casting Flame Arrow (50 arrows deal 1d6 extra fire damage, I don't have 50 so all my arrows fired in the next 50 minutes).
    Currently operating the 5e Subclass Contest and the 5e Base Class Contest. Check them out if even just to vote or give feedback, we love that in there.

Spoiler
    Show

My DMsGuild content. Most of it was written with feedback from right here on the forums.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Barbarian in the Playground

Trunk and Drasil bound forward as one to surround the northern Blackscale and begin the assualt, attacking the legs as it was a successful tactic the previous day.

Spoiler
    Show
    Init: (1d20+1)[3]
    Drasil will move to the square against the wall, adjacent to the altar and Blackscale. Trunk will move to the square diagonally north west of this and attack. They're still within 5ft of eachother so the spell continues. Do the -4 to adjacent enemies attack rolls stack?

Drasil
    (1d20+7)[26] (1d6+3)[5]

Trunk
    (1d20+6)[8] (1d4+4)[8]

As usual Drasil far out-classes me, but atleast we go last probably
    Last edited by FuryOfMetal; 2011-03-01 at 04:49 PM.
    Awesome avatar created by Darwin.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeavelli View Post
    DM says: *Anything, anything at all.*

Players think: "Obviously, the solution is murder!"
    Player Registry

5. - Top - End - #305
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Remember to incur the penalties against the Priest and one of the Blackscales from Iron Guard's Glare. "Attack me! Never mind my companions wailing on you... :D"
    Last edited by TekHed; 2011-03-01 at 05:29 PM.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Titan in the Playground

Grimmgang axe nearly bounces off the blackscale's concealed armour, but with an extra effort he manages to redirect it into flesh, and the creature howls in anger. Snarling its censer around the dwarf's axe (a certain savage pragmatism seems to have gone into the weaponlike design of the ritual instruments), it attempts to pull the weapon from his grasp while simultaneously drawing him near enough to bite. The high priest intones a few words and vanishes from sight, and the other lizard raises an imperious claw toward Grimmgang. "Flee," it speaks in Common, and the sound bounces about the room, rebounding upon Grimmgang with an echoing resonance. Shard charges into the room in the wake of the spell, finishing the job Grimmgang began and sending the first priest crashing to the ground. Picking the larger target, the other swings its censer in a wide arc as Trunk and Drasil approach, allowing the latter to draw blood from its leg.

Spoiler
    Show
    Improved Disarm attempt on Grimmgang: (1d20+21)[41]
    Bite at Grimmgang: (1d20+6)[22]
    Damage: (1d6+2)[3]
    And finally, a DC13 Command at Grimmgang to flee on his next turn.

Attack on Trunk: (1d20+9)[11]
    Damage: (2d8+6)[16]

Daiya:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The high priest is standing in the doorway south of you (H11/I12), and you can detect active magic from all three lizardfolk.

Edit: Oops, map:
    Last edited by Sallera; 2011-03-02 at 01:05 AM.
    Wriggle avatar by memnarch.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

7. - Top - End - #307
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    *gulp* I knew my liberal use of disarming in Arena would someday haunt me. So easy to stack up modifiers. Obviously can't beat a 41...

Bite hits, bounces off DR

now the save
    [roll=ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER]1d20+4
    +2 racial
    Actually, when you first put up the post where the gazebo started trying to eat us, I assumed you were pulling our legs and you'd put up the real post soon enough.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Titan in the Playground

Grimmgang tried to hold onto his axe when the censers chain wrapped around it, but the massive bulk of the priest was too overwhelming and the lizard ripped the weapon out of his hand. Moments later, the compelling voice of the other priest resonated in his head, blocking out everything else around him. Not able to resist the urgency of the command, he fled back into the corridor, moments before the companions he left behind fell the first priest.

Spoiler
    Show
    Fun fact: a Command to flee is no fear effect, so Bless doesn't apply

Withdraw action, tumble at full speed (1d20+14)[18] DC 25
    that brings me near the end of the corridor, 1 square north, 5 west of Daiya

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ogre in the Playground

"That's it, fools. Your magic will do you no good." Daiya senses one of the blackscales retreating into another room, and unable to sense the far edge of that room, she steps quickly around the corner and fires at him.

Spoiler
    Show

Firing an Arrow: (1d20+10)[19]
    Damage: (1d6+1)[2] plus Flame Arrow (1d6)[4]

Stepping just inside the room to make this shot.
    Currently operating the 5e Subclass Contest and the 5e Base Class Contest. Check them out if even just to vote or give feedback, we love that in there.

Spoiler
    Show

My DMsGuild content. Most of it was written with feedback from right here on the forums.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Troll in the Playground

Shard looks shocked as it is abandoned by his swiftly fleeing companion.

"Master Dwarf! Do not desert your allies in the hour of need! We must stick together!"

Spoiler
    Show
    New round? New initiative? Where is the Blackscale I was fighting? How did I knock it prone?
    Last edited by TekHed; 2011-03-02 at 04:37 AM.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Titan in the Playground

"It's some magic ye daft fool, my bodies moving on it's own!" Grimmgang hissed angrily while his feet carried him swiftly out of the room.

Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, Grimmgang screws up, you get insulted. Did I mention he's kind of an ass?

that blackscale went down after 26 from me and 14 from you, though likely in the negatives and not outright dead. And yeah, new turn

12. - Top - End - #312

Trunk, who had grown to see Grimmgang as an indomitable warrior in their time together, was confused to see him run back into the corridor. Then hearing him bite back against Shard it was obvious. He was just weak minded instead. Confident that he'd come back soon and rejoin the fight, atleast in the closing phases, Trunk got his mind back on the mellee unfolding before him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Trunk
    (1d20+7)[14] (1d6+3)[8]
    (1d20+7)[25] (1d6+3)[6]
    (1d20+2)[10] (1d4+1)[4]

Drasil
    (1d20+8)[10] (1d6+3)[8]

Player Registry

13. - Top - End - #313
    Troll in the Playground

"Fight back Grimmgang! Courage! Do not let them boss you around!"

Seeing that its' strike had felled their enemy, and that Trunk and Drasil had cornered the other blackscale, Shard turned its' attention to his knightly companion who now faced off against the High Priest alone.

...unfortunately while its' hardened body was well protected from attack, it came at the expense of speed and accuracy. The swing of Shard's mighty deep crystal greatsword was wide, slow, and clumsy, albeit enthusiatic at least.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move to I12 to threaten High Priest.

Attack: (1d20+5)[6]
    Crit -FAIL- Confirm check: (1d20+5)[12] *whew*
    Damage: (2d6+4)[12] ...nevermind.
    Last edited by TekHed; 2011-03-02 at 09:07 PM.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Titan in the Playground

Daiya's arrow deflects off her unseen target as Grimmgang flees, and Shard follows its path, swinging at the air. Unfortunately, the air is precisely what he hits. The visible priest shortens its grip on the censer's chain, spinning it around several times before smashing it down at Trunk's head, although Trunk manages to get a claw in in return.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack on Trunk: (1d20+5)[10]
    Damage: (2d8+6)[10]
    Attack on Trunk: (1d20+2)[18]

Daiya/Shard:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You hear the high priest speaking something that is presumably a spell. It moves out of range of Daiya's tremorsense, although you can still hear it somewhere in the southwest part of the room.

Last edited by Sallera; 2011-03-03 at 10:07 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

15. - Top - End - #315
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Huh...The way I read it I had thought the Priest teleported, not that it was invisible. Ah well... really not sure what I can do against an invisible opponent...does anyone have any glitterdust/faerie fire?

"Daiya! I cannot see our foe! I'm moving to help Trunk...do not let the High Priest escape!"

Shard plucks a small ruby gem from it's armor and tosses it towards the ground near where he can hear the Priest incanting.

Spoiler
    Show
    Moving to M13 to threaten Blackscale, throwing a Thundergem (stone) toward the ground in J15, 10 foot area spread sonic attack, DC 14 Fort save or be deafened for an hour plus initiative penalty and a chance to disrupt any spells with verbal components...
    Last edited by TekHed; 2011-03-04 at 04:38 AM.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ogre in the Playground

"Cannot see him? Oh! That's what that spell was. Don't worry, I've got him." Daiya gives chase to the 'invisible' priest, following the unusual sense of magic that she now knew blocked her allies sight.

Spoiler
    Show
    Unless his move is a lot higher than I thought, I should be able to sense the aura of the invisibility still, so I'm going to trace that until I can feel him by tremorsense/blindsense again and fire another arrow. +8 to hit (includes penalty for using a higher-rated composite bow), 1d6+1+1d6 damage.

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #317
    Titan in the Playground

When the spell wore off and Grimmgang regained control of his feet, he stopped dead in his tracks and turned around, running back the way he came, noticing with delight that one of the priests was down on the ground bleeding to death. He reached for his axe, shouting at the lizard that bewitched him "I'll make gloves from your skin, mother-"

Spoiler
    Show
    well, one turn running away, one turn running back, one turn picking up my weapon and moving into combat. That Command removes me from the fight for three turns

18. - Top - End - #318

Spoiler
    Show
    And Grimmgang becomes as useful as Trunk in mellee for once. How does it feel? You get used to it. Atleast those attacks against me missed. Sadly I don't have anything to pinpoint our invisible critter, but we can atleast trap it in there and squeeze it in.

Trunk deftly weaved his head and shoulders around the blows coming in towards him, aided by the Priest's bad aim due to the protective enchantments surrounding Daiya and himself. The Priest overjudges his swing on the second attack and wrongfoots himself, open to the attacks of Trunk and Drasil.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+6)[19] (1d6+3)[7]
    (1d20+6)[26] (1d6+3)[7]
    (1d20+1)[4] (1d4+1)[2]

(1d20+7)[27] (1d6+3)[4]

Player Registry

19. - Top - End - #319
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I think Drasil just rolled a crit...confirm!
    Also looking forward to finding out if my thunderstone did anything useful...

20. - Top - End - #320

Spoiler
    Show
    Crit confirmations for:
    Trunk: (1d20+6)[7] (1d6+3)[6]
    Drasil (1d20+7)[8] (1d6+3)[4]

2 1's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ASEVBSDFGHISATWEMSDFNMFKGJIOJNBHJMSNHBGDJRHNSG!!!! !!!!!! Why
    Last edited by FuryOfMetal; 2011-03-04 at 04:13 PM.

Player Registry

21. - Top - End - #321
    Titan in the Playground

Trunk and Drasil neatly confound the remaining priest, his ability to predict their attacks hampered by the brilliant glow. Snarling, he swings wildly, relying on luck over skill to connect with the luminous golems. Daiya's arrow once again glances off invisible armour, and Shard throws the thunderstone after it, filling the small room with a burst of sound. The high priest does not seem overly bothered, however, as he appears next to Daiya moments later with a swing from a massive obsidian-studded tetsubo, unaware that his invisibility offers him no advantage against the blind warrior.

Spoiler
    Show
    Shard, drawing and throwing the thunderstone takes up your turn, so no movement. Also, I meant the southwest of the smaller room, but I assumed that was where the toss went anyway. Doesn't really matter either way, as he made his save.

Attack on Trunk: (1d20)[15]
    Damage: (2d8+16)[19]

Attack on Drasil: (1d20-3)[13]
    Damage: (1d6+7)[8]

Attack on Daiya: (1d20+13)[15]
    Damage: (2d8+8)[22]

Last edited by Sallera; 2011-03-06 at 01:37 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

22. - Top - End - #322
    Troll in the Playground

"There you are! You should have remained hidden Nightbringer..."

Shard steps forward to threaten the Blackscale Priest and strikes though it is a glancing blow off of the heavily armored hulk. At least his presence would help to protect Daiya and draw the ire of the Priest...

Spoiler
    Show

5 foot step...
    Attack:(1d20+5)[11]
    Crit Confirmation: (1d20+5)[11]
    Damage: (2d6+4)[11]

three 11's...weird!

And anyways...WHY?!?!?!? Why is it that with this of all characters I can never get good high rolls????

SERIOUSLY!!! Something fishy is really going on here... Invisible Castle never does this to me...
    Last edited by TekHed; 2011-03-06 at 03:08 AM.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Luck is a harsh mistress... Don't worry, is has to get better sooner or later. And hey, at least you're not disarmed and commanded to flee

Grimmgang picked up his axe again, then ran next to the hole in the ground into a position from where he could support either pair of his companions after determining who needed help most.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm two squares east of Shards old position on the map

24. - Top - End - #324

Trunk smirks inwardly at the Priest. However a smirk that would normally be arkwardly created on a Warforged's face is completely lost in this form. Swinging blindly at Drasil and himself, the Priest was getting nowhere. Because of this, Trunk let the arrogance of his creators show through again. During the creation process some raw qualities of his human creator managed to bleed in, including baser qualities such as arrogance. Though Trunk usually kept it repressed and it never showed, the blinding light of their armor made it much easier and Trunk began to slacken, causing his attacks to glance meaningfully off of armor. Drasil however was born of nature and was not subject to traits such as those holding Trunk back. Drasil managed to jump and bite into the Priests shoulder.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+6)[8] (1d6+3)[8]
    (1d20+6)[10] (1d6+3)[5]
    (1d20+1)[17] (1d4+1)[4]

(1d20+7)[27] (1d6+3)[9]
    Last edited by FuryOfMetal; 2011-03-06 at 01:19 PM.

Player Registry

25. - Top - End - #325
    Ogre in the Playground

Daiya ducks under the attack directed at her with ease before stepping in, keeping her bow in one hand and drawing her sword.

"There's not enough room to maneuver for archery in this building. By the sword then."

Spoiler
    Show
    5 foot step towards the blackscale, draw sword, attack one-handed with sword.
    (1d20+10)[13] (1d10+2)[11]

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #326
    Titan in the Playground

Seeing Grimmgang approach, the priest turns toward the less blinding target, extending the censer to the end of its chain with a straight-line strike, but this exposes it to Drasil's attack, and it is borne to the ground as the wooden teeth tear a bloody chunk from its shoulder. The high priest easily evades Shard and Daiya's blades, stepping back out of reach. He brings the club down toward Daiya, pulling it back with an exhibitionist's twirl and striking again from the side. "<You thieves and vandals shall regret your choices today. Come, children of Rhashaak! Defend the temple of your father!>"

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack on Grimmgang: (1d20+9)[25]
    Damage: (2d8+6)[19]
    Attack on Grimmgang: (1d20+6)[19]
    Damage: (1d6+2)[7]

Attack on Daiya: (1d20+13)[30]
    Damage: (2d8+8)[20]
    Attack on Daiya: (1d20+8)[11]
    Damage: (2d8+8)[17]
    Attack on Daiya: (1d20+9)[20]

Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

27. - Top - End - #327
    Ogre in the Playground

furious Re: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC

Daiya screams in pain and gathering rage and attempts to dive behind her opponent, however, he stops her up short, and she instead brings her sword about in a defensive slash.

"Shard, I am injured. We must end this quickly."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tumble through the enemies space to end up behind him, still threatening with the Bastard Sword+1. (1d20+11)[14] ready action to attack simultaneously with Shard's attacks.
    (1d20+10)[30] Damage (1d10+2)[3]

Noting that failure, I'm adjusting my attack to fighting defensively where I stand, and not waiting on Shard's attack to strike.
    Last edited by MoleMage; 2011-03-07 at 12:58 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #328
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Sallera did you remember the -4 penalty to attack Daiya?

29. - Top - End - #329
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Iron Guards Glare only works when you threaten the enemy, he 5 foot stepped out of your reach.

Both Daiya and me got serious ouchies this turn

The priests chain landed a stinging blow on Grimmgangs chest moments before Trunk brought him down. Seeing the high priest giving trouble to Daiya and Shard, the dwarf turned left to support them.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sudden Leap one square, tumble 3 squares to end up left of Daiyas old position

Wolf Fang Strike
    Dwarven Waraxe - (1d20+6)[23]
    Slashing damage - (1d10+4)[11] + Skirmish damage - (1d6)[3]
    well, that one looks good enough

Armor spikes - (1d20+6)[20]
    Piercing damage - (1d6+1)[4] + Skirmish damage - (1d6)[4]

oh, forgot the +1 from Bless
    Last edited by TheFallenOne; 2011-03-07 at 07:12 AM.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Fallen did you remember the +2 for flanking?