New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC

Whisper back Trunk saysDon't worry, I've met with these before. They seem more concerned with transporting their wounded. Besides, my healing powers are probably more potent than yours though the help is appreciated brother.

Stepping forward slowly with his arms raised, Trunk speaks in draconic to the Lizardfolk. Morning, may Semuanya smile upon our meeting. Me and my companions are travelling north, have we stumbled into your territory? I believe I've met with your chieftain before, High Chieftain Lavtask. I understand he holds alot of sway within this area. I notice two of your party are injured, would you permit me to heal them? We mean you no harm, my friends come with the same friendly intentions as I do.

Spoiler
    Show
    I can roll diplomacy if you want. I'd rather not do it now, cos if i roll badly you might decide to want me to roll knowing i did bad
    Awesome avatar created by Darwin.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeavelli View Post
    DM says: *Anything, anything at all.*

Players think: "Obviously, the solution is murder!"
    Player Registry

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Using a quiet tone, Daiya addresses Shard in Celestial.

"Do you know what he is saying to them? They don't exactly seem hostile, but..."

Spoiler
    Show
    Tremorsense/Blindsense 30 ft getting any more lizards in the trees? Or Scent?
    Last edited by MoleMage; 2010-10-16 at 05:37 PM.
    Currently operating the 5e Subclass Contest and the 5e Base Class Contest. Check them out if even just to vote or give feedback, we love that in there.

Spoiler
    Show

My DMsGuild content. Most of it was written with feedback from right here on the forums.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

The leader seems to relax slightly, although he still holds himself in readiness. He replies in Draconic. "<Hrm, thought I recognize your kind. Strange, to see you out here. But grateful for assistance.>" All the lizardfolk watch you closely as you approach, their bright black eyes offering an almost unnatural clarity to their unwavering gaze.

Daiya:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Just the ones in front of you.
    Wriggle avatar by memnarch.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

Replying in kind Shard whispers.

"I do not understand his speech, but it seems civil enough. I do not believe we are in any immediate danger, at least from these folk. We should still be alert to other dangers that may be present in the jungle. Can you sense anything?"

5. - Top - End - #35

(Still speaking in draconic) I'm going to reach into my pack and get an item to heal your wounded. Slowly pulling the haversack from his shoulders, Trunk reaches in for the Lesser Vigor Wand. He doesn't break eye contact with the apparent leader and gestures to go heal his injured.

Does anybody else need healing? I'd be happy to help.

Spoiler
    Show
    I expend 1 charge on each of those who need healing. If they still look beat up and damaged i'll expend another on the more serious cases.

Share the love and it migh share it back

Player Registry

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

<"No, there are no others. Or if there are, they are stiller than trees and quieter than a dead man. I think these creatures mean no harm; the first thing they did was draw their hidden into the open. A sign of good faith, if you will."> Daiya answers still in Celestial.
    Currently operating the 5e Subclass Contest and the 5e Base Class Contest. Check them out if even just to vote or give feedback, we love that in there.

Spoiler
    Show

My DMsGuild content. Most of it was written with feedback from right here on the forums.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

The two injured bow in thanks as their wounds close, but none of the lizardfolk alter their wary posture - perhaps it is simply their natural mien. The leader addresses you again, inclining his head slightly. "<Cold Sun tribes accept trees who walk, and thank you for aid. But you should not continue far in that direction. Blackscale and poison dusk not friendly to anyone but own kind.>"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

"Aye, I know how to handle digging and reinforcing tunnels", Grimmgang answered Trunk. "Though I'll need manpower - I guess you and Shard should be enough help - and some sturdy wooden beams if we need to support a ramshackle corridor. I guess none of you happens to have a bag of holding with them?"

On their long walk to the temple, Grimmgang led the way; while he was most competent underground, he knew his way around the surface as well and how to avoid hazards. Except the vermin it seemed; every now and then a dwarven curse ad a smack could be heard.

When they met the lizardfolk, Grimmgang was about to reach for his weapon, but held his hand when Trunk started to talk with them. Once everybody was engaged in conversation in one exotic language or the other, he sighed for all to hear, but his words were mumbled. "Dol Arras mutton chops, why am I always with guys who've seen more language classes than battles. <dwarven expletive expletive-ing expletive>"

Spoiler
    Show
    reminds me of Shadows of the Last War. Rest of group was an artificer, a rogue/cleric, a sorcerer and a sorcerer/warlock. Yes, my scout had to be meatshield

DM: "Roll knowledge arcane if you have it"
    *four people roll a d20*
    DM: "Anyone speak draconic?"
    "Yes" "Yes" "Yes" "Yes"
    Me: Son of a...!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff the Green View Post
    Actually, when you first put up the post where the gazebo started trying to eat us, I assumed you were pulling our legs and you'd put up the real post soon enough.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ah, my gruff friend, when the battle is engaged I'll show you that this sword on my back isn't just for show. However, it would seem that our friend Trunk here has struck some sort of accord with these lizardfolk. Either that or he's far too kind for his own good."

Turning a blind gaze on the lizardfolk leader, Daiya asks,
    "Do you speak the common tongue? What is your name?"

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

The leader turns to study the rest of you when Daiya speaks up. "Hrm. Speak common some. Name Kristach."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

11. - Top - End - #41

Ah we'll use common then. Thank you for the advice Kristach. We'll try to avoid them as we head through the forest. Give your chieftain my regards, may Cold Sun prosper and survive for many generations.

Reverting back to draconic for a moment, Trunk quickly asks What are the names of the poisondusk and blackscale lizardfolk tribes? Who are their leaders?

Player Registry

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

Grimmgang bit his tongue when Trunk reverted to draconic; Daiya was right that he seemed to get through this well enough and he wasn't eager to start a senseless fight. If these lizards were friendly, they at least had a fallback point. He waited for Trunk to get through this and hoped for the best.
    Actually, when you first put up the post where the gazebo started trying to eat us, I assumed you were pulling our legs and you'd put up the real post soon enough.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

"<Tkh... not know if they use name for tribes. They follow young children of Rhashaak at Temple of Kha'shazul, and demand tribute from all who live nearby.>" Kristach turns his head briefly to glare back the way they came. "<Thieving blackscales take armaekrixner, our tribal spear passed from leader to heir. Threaten to destroy tribes that do not pay tribute.">
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

14. - Top - End - #44

<Ok, thank you. If we come across your spear I promise to bring it back to you. Safe travels back to the Cold Sun.> Bowing his head to the Lizardfolk, Trunk turns back to his companions. It's ok, we're free to pass through. Also I'm going to try and help them with the rival Lizardfolk problems if possible. Also there are these Children of Rhashaak. I don't know what they are or who they are but they sound dangerous. We should watch out for them as we approach the temple.

Player Registry

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

"Perhaps it is a reference to the cult currently using temple?" Shard had switched back to common.

"Please ask how far from temple." he said, obviously indicating the lizardfolk.

16. - Top - End - #46

<How many days travel are we from this temple?>

I honestly don't know Shard, it could range from temple guards to their chieftains to a God. I hope it isn't based around this imprisoned demon, I'd rather they didn't find that.

Player Registry

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

"If it is this imprisoned demon, he'd have destroyed them as soon as he was released. Kristach, is there any way we can show our peaceful intentions to others of your tribe? We don't want to have to fight anyone we don't have to."

Gesturing to Trunk, Daiya indicates that he should help translate this last part, in case the lizardfolk's Common wasn't good enough to understand the question.

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

"<Hrm. Three days of walking. Maybe little more, for outsiders. If you stop near temple, turn north off path twenty paces past broken tree that makes frame over path. Small ravine there, make good campsite. Can't see from above. Not know if children of Rhashaak hunt for selves, but better hidden than dead.>" Kristach opens his mouth slightly in something vaguely resembling a grin.

"Trees that walk are known to us. Other Cold Sun around here not go hunting trouble. Have enough already with blackscales."
    Last edited by Sallera; 2010-10-18 at 12:57 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

19. - Top - End - #49

That's definitely a possibility Daiya, but we must also consider the possibility that it took the Lizardfolk as thralls, willing or otherwise. A demon is a powerful thing, but surely a demon with followers is better? Trunk thinks on this for a moment, before shaking his head. This journey probably won't end well at this rate.

Turning back to Kristach Trunk says Thank you Kristach. I have always known your tribe to be kind. That sounds like the best camp site we can find given the circumstances. Gesturing at everybody assembled, Trunk asks If there's nothing else anybody needs to know we should be on our way.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm sure anything else can be handled in common.

Player Registry

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

The lizardfolk bid you farewell, heading for home while you continue further into the jungle. The next three days are hot, wet, and generally unpleasant, and it is almost a relief when you step around a massive tree and see the path widening ahead of you - almost, but not quite, as Grimmgang spots a pair of lizardfolk, half the size of the ones you met earlier, on either side of the path. Their mottled skin blends in almost perfectly with the undergrowth, and each carefully raises a small bow in your direction as you approach, arrows already nocked.

Spoiler
    Show
    I've always found combat easier with a map, and since the module so kindly provides them already, they just take a little tinkering to be usable. If everyone would rather run combat with a little less structure, we can do away with them, though.

Roll initiative and post your first turns; no need to wait on order, I'll deal with that when I resolve the round. The party starts in the F13-G16 area, in whatever order you'd be traveling in.

The dark green areas are undergrowth, providing +2AC, +1 Reflex, and concealment, and act as difficult terrain.

(1d20+3)[21]
    (1d20+2)[17]
    Last edited by Sallera; 2010-10-20 at 12:58 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

21. - Top - End - #51

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm currently in G15 I reckon. initiative (1d20-1)[18]....forgot i had a negative modifier :edit: Though I obviously rolled well for it.

I assume these are poisondusk lizardfolk and that diplomacy isn't an option (1d20+13)[24] for knowledge nature.

I spend my round casting bears endurance on Shard as he's gonna charge in. Then I move into the trees ready to wildshape on my next turn.

If Shard comes before me though he probably won't spend his turn waiting for a buff, so i'll move into the trees and wildshape this turn into an Eagle.
    Last edited by FuryOfMetal; 2010-10-20 at 04:50 AM.

Player Registry

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll start out in G13 (presumably next to Shard in F13), and move straight up the path for 30ft (G7) before casting Obscuring Mist. Drawing my sword as I do this.
    Initiative:
    (1d20+3)[14]

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

"Two lizard archers, left and right ahead! Be careful, there may be more of them around here. Don't get boxed in in the open path!" Grimmgang shouted as he spotted the lizards ambushing them.
    Making a break for the closest lizard to take it out fast, he drew his purple-glimmering axe in full move and swung it at the lizard in a diagonal cut, then, using the momentum of his move, he slammed his body against his enemy with brute force as it tried to dodge the obvious axe attack, attempting to pierce the scaled flesh with his armor spikes.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative (1d20+8)[16]

I'll obviously lead the way, so I start in F13

Move to D9. As part of move draw axe
    Wolf Fang Strike
    Axe (1d20+6)[19] Damage (1d10+4)[13] + (1d6)[3] Skirmish
    Armor Spikes (1d20+6)[21] Damage (1d6+3)[6] + (1d6)[1] Skirmish

If he provokes an AoO with movement or an ranged attack(no 5 foot step in difficult terrain after all) disarm attempt
    (1d20+12)[19] +4 size

edit: Hunters Sense is active
    edit2: I'm so used to 40 feet movement, I'll only make it to D10. Everything else the same
    Last edited by TheFallenOne; 2010-10-20 at 11:26 AM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground

Raising his sword and suddenly glowing with light, a glowing translucent crystaline shield with a face similar to the one on Shard's pauldron appears floating in the air in front of him. It moves with him as he charges forward to aid his allies.

Spoiler
    Show

Initiative: (1d20+5)[11] Assuming tactics were discussed with Trunk so defer action until Buffed.
    Current Con: 20. Current HPs: 35+8 from Bear's Endurance.
    Currently in Stance: Iron Guard's Glare
    Spending 1 PP to manifest Force Screen: 40 turns remaining.
    8+2 PP remaining.
    Current AC: 27
    Move from F14 to D10, Threatened Lizardfolk takes -4 to attack rolls unless attacking Shard and is aware of this fact.
    Spells prepared listed on sheet: Summon Monster 1, Bless, Truestrike
    Last edited by TekHed; 2010-10-20 at 05:50 PM.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

As the combatants' hands move toward their weapons, a loud snap heralds an arrow from ahead, as a third lizardfolk fails to keep clear enough of the foliage while shooting. As Trunk steps off the path, the other two archers release a volley of arrows at the party, distributing their shots evenly - poor tactics, save in a few situations. Grimmgang's axe whistles a hair's breadth past the archer's head, showering it in woodchips from the massive tree, and the spikes of his armour slam into nothing but hanging foliage as the lizard shifts its body to the side, holding perfectly still and briefly vanishing amidst the leaves.

The remaining two raise their bows against Daiya as she approaches, only to find themselves facing a wall of grey as the mist swirls into place. Cut off from sight of his fellows, the nearest archer looks rather uncertain about his chances as he finds himself facing Grimmgang and Shard together, and his hand twitches toward his belt.

Spoiler
    Show
    Everyone's flatfooted for these, except Trunk.
    Attack on Grimmgang: (1d20+9)[26]
    Damage: (1d6+2)[5] + poison (DC16 fort, (1d6)[6] str damage on failure)
    Attack on Grimmgang: (1d20+4)[11]
    Damage: (1d6)[5] + poison (DC16 fort, (1d6)[5] str damage on failure)
    Attack on Daiya: (1d20+4)[23]
    Damage: (1d6+2)[3] + poison (DC16 fort, (1d6)[1] str damage on failure)
    Attack on Shard (has cover): (1d20+4)[5]
    Damage: (1d6)[5]
    Attack on Trunk: (1d20+4)[11]
    Concealment (miss on 1): (1d5)[1]
    Damage: (1d6)[3]

Trunk, humanoids actually fall under Knowledge: Local. Also, don't forget Drasil.

Initiative order: Far lizard: 21
    Trunk: 18
    Near lizards: 17
    Grimmgang: 16
    Daiya: 14
    Shard: 11

Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    well, I have Uncanny Dodge, but 26 hits regardless
    take 2 damage, 3 absorbed by Iron Ward crystal
    Save vs poison (1d20+9)[22]

a 19 and 21 missed without cover? tough little buggers

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    If Grimgang moved to D10 instead of D9 as he posted in his first action post, then Shard would have had enough movement to make it to D9, threatening the lizardman for the purposes of Iron Guard's Glare.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Fort Save (by a wide margin my worst) (1d20+3)[4]
    Charge to J7, attack the lizard with my +1 Bastard Sword (1d20+12)[28] Damage (1d10+5)[7]
    Concealment chances, half normal and both have to fail 25% since she's blind so both of the following should have to be 25 or less to miss (1d100)[16][roll]1d100[/roll]

The sound of Daiya crying in pain can be heard from the newly formed mist cloud, followed by a cry of anger.

"Let's see how you like not being able to see, lizard!"
    Last edited by MoleMage; 2010-10-20 at 10:23 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Stupid dice tags. Here's the second miss chance from blind-fight (1d100)[75] and I do one less damage because of the strength poison.

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Turn 2?

Move to D8 by way of E9 to avoid AoO
    Mountain Hammer
    Attack (1d20+8)[27]
    Damage [roll]1d10+2d6+4[/roll] + (1d6)[5] skirmish