New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC

Spoiler
    Show
    hm, do different dice in the same roll not work?
    (1d10+4)[11] + (2d6)[5] +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff the Green View Post
    Actually, when you first put up the post where the gazebo started trying to eat us, I assumed you were pulling our legs and you'd put up the real post soon enough.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

The Shard pulses with light again, bathing the local area in flickering hues of red and blue.

Spoiler
    Show

Round 2:

Maneuver: (1d3)[2] Add: Charging Minotaur to readied maneuvers.

Cast Truestrike Defensively, hold position or move to keep threatening the lizardfolk if it moves.

Last edited by TekHed; 2010-10-20 at 11:39 PM.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Barbarian in the Playground

Drasil! Assist Daiya! Drasil bounds forwards and stops next to Daiya, then spying the lizardfolk in the tree she runs towards it, intent on taking it down.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I always forget about familiars and companions, even when I put lots of effort into them xD

Initiative: (1d20+7)[17]
    Drasil double moves up to F4. Will she have to climb the tree to get at it?

Taking in the current situation, Trunk decides to take on the aspect of the leopard, a ferocious beast.

Spoiler
    Show
    Trunk moves to K10 and then wildshapes into a leopard. MM1, page 274. Would you like me to make statblocks for the 4 animals I'll be using or shall I quote the location of the animal?
    Awesome avatar created by Darwin.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeavelli View Post
    DM says: *Anything, anything at all.*

Players think: "Obviously, the solution is murder!"
    Player Registry

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

Trunk struggles through the undergrowth, stopping to take on a form more appropriate for the situation. Drasil crosses the mist, but finds no one waiting on the other side - until the lizard reveals itself from the opposite side of the tree, snapping off an arrow. The other archer fires blindly at the spot he last saw Daiya, before being interrupted by a cut down his arm as the blind warrior closes in.

Grimmgang slams his opponent into the tree before it can do anything with the length of reed it reached for, nearly bisecting the unfortunate lizard, who falls to the ground in a slump in the shifting lights of Shard's spell.

Spoiler
    Show
    Drasil takes a readied shot from the hidden archer, and Daiya two blind shots from the other, so these are all against flat-footed again.
    Attack on Drasil: (1d20+9)[10]
    Damage: (1d6+2)[7]
    Attack on Daiya: (1d20+4)[22]
    Concealment (miss on 1): (1d2)[2]
    Damage: (1d6+2)[8] + poison (DC16 Fort, (1d6)[5] strength damage on failure)
    Attack on Daiya: (1d20+4)[17]
    Concealment (miss on 1): (1d2)[1]
    Damage: (1d6+2)[7] + poison (DC16 Fort, (1d6)[6] strength damage on failure)

Wriggle avatar by memnarch.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

5. - Top - End - #65

Trunk charges in his leopard form, jumping and maiming the lizardfolk infront of him...hopefully.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bite(1d20+6)[18] (1d6+3)[8]
    If I hit I get to make a graple attempt without provoking an AoO.
    Grapple (1d20+5)[19]
    If I grapple, 2 rakes (1d20+1)[10] (1d3+1)[3] (1d20+1)[8] (1d3+1)[4]

Drasil attacks the adjacent lizardfolk.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+7)[8] (1d6+3)[4]

Player Registry

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

Seeing the current foe being faced defeated, Shard moves to help Trunk's wooden familiar. He moves through the underbrush toward his foe, bringing his mighty greatsword to bear...

Spoiler
    Show

Round 3:
    New Maneuver Readied: (1d2)[2] Douse the FlamesMove to C4.
    Vanguard Strike Against Lizardman. If successful allies get +4 to Strike with both melee and ranged until my next turn.
    Lizardfolk is now threatened and takes a -4 to all attack rolls unless directed at Shard.
    Attack Roll [Truestrike]: (1d20+25)[43] Damn! 1 off from being a threat... bah!
    Damage: (2d6+2)[7]
    Last edited by TekHed; 2010-10-22 at 06:48 PM.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

You hear Daiya howl again, followed by the thumping sound of something getting hit by a sword.

Spoiler
    Show
    Fort
    (1d20+3)[20]

Attack the lizard in front of me
    (1d20+10)[20]

Damage
    (1d10+5)[14]
    Currently operating the 5e Subclass Contest and the 5e Base Class Contest. Check them out if even just to vote or give feedback, we love that in there.

Spoiler
    Show

My DMsGuild content. Most of it was written with feedback from right here on the forums.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

After pulling his axe from the maimed lizard with a wet splotch, Grimmgang surveyed the battlefield for a short second. The lizard to the north was engaged, and while the fog prevented him from seeing the other one, the sounds of battle coming from the side told him enough.
    "Better block their retreat route, we don't want any getting away", he whispered, moving to the north at full speed and surrounding the lizard there.
    "We got him from three sides, try to take him alive if you can!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Double move to D3
    This includes a DC10 jump(autosucceed) and a Swift for Extreme leap to get extra movement
    Scent 30 feet active if there are more of them
    Actually, when you first put up the post where the gazebo started trying to eat us, I assumed you were pulling our legs and you'd put up the real post soon enough.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

The final archer pulls a length of reed from his belt, ignoring the wooden teeth that sink into his wrist as he does so, and begins spinning it above his head, the instrument beginning a whistling cry that echoes through the forest, the pitch modulating as the lizardfolk alters the speed of its spin. Grimmgang and Shard surround him, but he ignores them, focused on his task. The other manages to dodge Trunk's teeth, but this only buys him a second for one final desperate slash before Daiya's blade opens his chest from collarbone to thigh.

Spoiler
    Show
    Claw attack at Daiya: (1d20+4)[24]
    Concealment (miss on 1): (1d5)[1]
    Damage: (1d3+3)[6]

Shard, you don't have enough movement to reach him through the jungle terrain and still attack. Shard, Grimmgang, and Drasil each get an AoO this round as the archer attempts to complete his signal, though.

Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

"It's a signal, stop him!" As the lizard was distracted with this strange instrument, Grimmgang got in close, grabbing him to stop his motions.

Spoiler
    Show
    AoO used for grapple attempt
    (1d20+7)[11] vs touch AC
    Miss chance (1d100)[42]
    Opposed Grapple (1d20+11)[18] +4 size

if successful this should prevent him from making the motions to make the signal.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    damn low touch roll... That is worth an action point, I don't want that guy succeeding with the signal
    (1d6)[5] bonus on attack vs touch(11 currently). Come on...
    Turn will of course depend on whether I start the grapple or not

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

Grimmgang bulls into the lizardfolk, pinning its arms, and the whistle cuts off before it can finish as the string is tangled around the haft of his weapon.

Spoiler
    Show
    Opposed grapple: (1d20+6)[16]
    Last edited by Sallera; 2010-10-22 at 11:45 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

"I got the little bugger, knock him out!" Grimmgang wrestled with the little creature, his armor spikes ripping into it's scales. Pinning the opponents arms with his own, he delivered a brutal headbutt. "Nothings's thicker than a dwarfen skull, creep."

Spoiler
    Show
    Forgot damage for grapple initiation
    (1d3+3)[4] nonlethal, (1d6)[3] lethal from spikes

my turn: grapple to damage opponent
    (1d20+11)[29] opposed
    damage (1d3+3)[6] nonlethal, (1d6)[1] lethal
    Last edited by TheFallenOne; 2010-10-23 at 12:03 AM.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, sorry. In that case is it alright if we use the truestrike roll and such for this round then, since I obviously didn;t get a chane to use it. The alteration I will make is that Shard takes a -4 penalty to the attack roll and hits the lizardfolk with the flat of his blade, doing nonlethal damage.

15. - Top - End - #75

Drasil! Help Grimmgang hold it down!

Spoiler
    Show
    +2 to Grimmgangs grapple bonus for aid another?

Player Registry

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

"Damn these things." Daiya falters a little after killing the first one. "Careful! He's got something magic on him."

Spoiler
    Show
    Double Move to F4.
    Currently operating the 5e Subclass Contest and the 5e Base Class Contest. Check them out if even just to vote or give feedback, we love that in there.

Spoiler
    Show

My DMsGuild content. Most of it was written with feedback from right here on the forums.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

Shard's blade smacks the lizard across the back of the skull, and its head snaps forward and then back as Grimmgang finishes the job of knocking it out. The forest remains quiet; if whatever signal it was trying to make was long enough to be intelligible, it seems no one heard it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Need a secondary poison save from Grimmgang and two from Daiya, DC16. You do have time to drink antitoxin if you're quick about it.
    Grimmgang: (1d6)[5] con damage
    Daiya: (1d6)[1] and (1d6)[4] con damage
    Last edited by Sallera; 2010-10-24 at 06:54 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+3)[6]
    (1d20+3)[14]

Daiya's face pales somewhat shortly after the fight, and she doubles over in pain as the poison runs through her veins. She doesn't get back up and seems to have passed into unconsciousness.
    Last edited by MoleMage; 2010-10-24 at 07:52 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

Grimmgang dropped the unconscious lizard in his arms in front of Trunk. "He'll likely speak no common, you deal with it." Sparing a look at Daiya, he sighed; the effects of poison can be rough. "Well, she's alive it seems, but their poison took a toll on her. Can one of you help her?"

He cleaned the blood from his weapon and armor with some rough leaves, then examined the instrument the lizard wanted to give a signal with, touching it carefully and estimating how far the sound would carry. Those were forward guards, we must be getting close. I'll take a look." He stashed his shield and climbed up the tree they were at with remarkable speed and ease, starting on the south side so the
    trunk blocks the sight of any observer from the north, then once he was near the top he circled around, hiding in the leaves and spying out what awaited them in the north.

Spoiler
    Show
    climb 25 with take 10, that should allow me to scale anything short of a flat wall.
    Hide 21 with take 10

for examining the instrument... appraise? (1d20+1)[18]

I'll drink one antitoxin. I bought two myself anyway before I knew we'd get some for the trip (1d20+14)[17] well that was worth it
    Last edited by TheFallenOne; 2010-10-25 at 01:41 AM.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

The massive tree carries you several feet above the overall canopy, and you can see the top of the temple in a clearing a few minutes' walk ahead. Despite its apparent age, the huge stone structure is essentially intact, although it is a mass of vine-choked granite walls and columns. Two domes mark either end of its oblong shape, and a columned portico juts out from the temple’s entrance. Steam billows from somewhere within the temple, venting through high open windows 20 feet above the ground. While you can't see the ground from your perch, the clearing extends for a couple hundred feet in front of the temple.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

"Daiya!"

Shard rushes to his comrade as she collapses. He grasps onto a piece of his crystaline bracer and pulls out an ornately carved crystaline wand. The lights constantly swimming inside of him flare into a cohesive wave that pulses through his body, into and down the arm, wrist, hand, into the wand where it flares with brightness before passing into Daiya's body where the glow saturates itself into her body before fading.

He holds her in his arms, but looks up at the others. "I'm afraid healing her posion is well beyond my ability. I have done all I can for her."

Spoiler
    Show
    Spend a charge from wand of lesser vigor.
    Last edited by TekHed; 2010-10-25 at 02:41 AM.

23. - Top - End - #83

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll prepare lesser restoration tomorrow, neutralize poison to if it would help.

Shifting back to his natural state, Trunk looks over Daiya. Tomorrow morning I can prepare some specific magic to cure this, for now I'm afraid you'll have to push through it. Don't worry, it seems you won't be taking any more damage from the posion. Running back to the downed Lizardfolk, Trunk calls his companion back to him. Good work Drasil. Come to me. Looking down at the dying lizardfolk, Trunk tries to come to a conclusion and finally pumps a slither of divine energy into the lizard. He then ties the lizardfolk up, extending the vines that wrap around his arms, making them grow and twist until they resemble rope.

Spoiler
    Show
    I cast cure minor wounds to stop it bleeding. Then using my integrated rod of ropes I get the rope vines and tie the lizardfolk with it. I assume that I can't detach the rope as you can't with a normal rod of ropes. In which case I have a dragging prisoner until we decide what to do with it/we've got all useful information from it. We could even use it as a bargaining chip later if needs be. Who knows.

Take 20 on a use rope check? 19 xD If not someone else can use my natural arm rope, Grimmgang has use rope doesn't he?

I have a live prisoner we can interrogate later if needs be. He's securely tied.

Player Registry

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

Grimmgang went back down and reported what he had seen. "I'm pretty sure we weren't noticed, but we should avoid the clear way and sneak through the underbrush to first get an estimate what we're dealing with."
    He helped Trunk tie up the prisoner. "He's fine it seems, we took care to only knock him out. Blow some healing magic on him so we can interrogate him. I'd suggest you do that and I sneak ahead to scout out the vicinity of the temple."

Spoiler
    Show
    the lizard still had positive hitpoints, but a lot of nonlethal damage Fury, so no bleeding

I only got +3 on use rope, but that's still the best modifier(after all you rarely see someone putting ranks in that )

unless the others convince me otherwise, I'll sneak ahead, 50 feet west of the clear way. Hide and move silently at half speed, take 10 for 21 each(16 MS with undergrowth penalty). Once I'm close to the clearing, I'll climb a tree again to get a higher vantage point and observe the temple and surroundings

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

From your new vantage point, you manage to get a good view of the approach to the temple. You can see a pair of poison dusk lizardfolk outside a cluster of four small huts around a firepit, and on the near side of the trail, four large huts of stone and mud, currently guarded by two of the much larger blackscale tribe. Sun-bleached bones litter the entrances to the latter dwellings, and there is also a large wooden cage nearby; while the slats are too closely spaced to see anything inside, it occasionally shakes as something slams against the side.

About a hundred feet further along the path, you can see two or three large shapes moving in the shadows of the temple portico, but from this height they are indistinct.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

Daiya wakes shortly after the application of the wand, clearly still woozy.

"Thanks, friends. I trust no more have showed up while I was out? By the way, that one with the signal whistle has some sort of magic item..." following her magic sense, Daiya locates the item.

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

You can detect no magic items, only an aura on the creature itself.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hmm. It seems that the creature itself is the source of the magic. Interesting. Can anyone identify it?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Besides me, of course. I'm going to do whatever the nonsense stuff to identify the type and power of the aura is.

Which is to say, I use a swift action out of combat to do just that.
    Last edited by MoleMage; 2010-10-25 at 11:56 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

After some time, Grimmgang returned to the group and reported what he had seen on his scouting tour. "At least two more Poison Dusks and two Blackscales, likely more inside the huts currently not on guard duty, plus some creature they keep in a cage and some more things near the temple I couldn't make out. If we want to get in the temple, we have to take them all out. We can prepare ourselves with antidotes and maybe magical enhancements, but we shouldn't take too long in case the guards we killed are supposed to report back.
    I say we should hit them hard and fast. Take the blackscales out first in a rapid assault, they're the damage dealers. The poison dusks we can ignore in the beginning I think if we protect ourselves with antitoxins."
    He took a wooden stick to draw a rough sketch of the clearing with the huts and best ways of advance.

Spoiler
    Show
    um, I also think I'll loot the corpses. Always fun

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Rather more elaborate than a stick-sketch, but you get the idea.

A4 is where you saw the blackscales, A3 where you saw the poison dusk, and A5 where you saw the unknown entities.

Daiya, you can't identify the aura due to not being trained in Spellcraft.
    Last edited by Sallera; 2010-10-26 at 10:11 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei