New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1500
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC

Thaddeus nods, turning to give the orders. "Regalport is a good place for finding just about anything in the Principalities, even trouble. We can make it in about a week, so you had best get comfortable."

Your journey is blessed with clear skies and calm waters, and the Lyrandar galleon skims over the waves eagerly. It is barely past six days from your departure that you arrive, the sun setting once again as the Swiftwind pulls into port. A handful of ivory towers rise from the city spread out behind Regalport's length stretch of boardwalks and docks. Front and centre in the docks district is a House Ghallanda inn that would take up half a block in any respectable town; nestled in the middle of this chaotic sprawl, one can only say that it has a most definite presence.

Xaxhan's promised Pirate Exchange is clearly visible as well, a multistoried galleria taking up a stretch of boardwalk at least a mile long. Between the heated negotiations and the cries of the live animals being sold, the noise of the place was the first thing you heard as you approached, and it isn't likely to leave your ears any time soon.

Prince Ryger's famed Dragoneye is in port as well, a massive soarwood vessel plated in mithril wrought to appear as a scaly hide. Amidst the innumerable vessels in port, Ryger ensures that his prize always draws the eye; he is far from shy about reminding others of his authority.

"It is a rather impressive sight, I'll grant you," Thaddeus says as he approaches from behind. "But I'll take Korranberg any day. That aside, everything is taken care of, and you are free to enter the city. We'll be here when you need to leave again, although if you happen to have an idea of when that might be, I would appreciate knowing."
    Wriggle avatar by memnarch.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, finally solid ground under your feet again instead of just some pieces of wood. My kind certainly wasn't made for the seas." The dwarf hefted his backpack, all too eager to leave ship. "Well, Xaxhan, use that chiseled chin and shining white teeth of yours to find out where we need to go. I'll keep a lookout for new arrivals in the harbor or any tails we might pick up. Meet again at an inn before bedtime?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff the Green View Post
    Actually, when you first put up the post where the gazebo started trying to eat us, I assumed you were pulling our legs and you'd put up the real post soon enough.

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Ogre in the Playground

"Why, Grimmy," Xaxhan smirks, feigning bashfulness, "I had no idea you felt that way about me. You're sure to make me blush. I'm fine with reconvening at the inn afterward. I have an old acquaintance I'd like to see who might be able to send us in the right direction, and there's a tavern called The Wanderlust that's as good a place as any to hunt down rumors. Will I be doing this alone, or would anyone care to accompany me? I know we're trying to keep a low profile, so it might be best for Shard to stay at the inn. He's a bit too... distinctive, even for Regalport, but either Daiya or Grimmgang would be welcome company. It doesn't hurt to have someone to watch your back in this town, either."

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Ogre in the Playground

"I will go, if Grimmgang would like to chat up the inn's patrons with Shard."
    Currently operating the 5e Subclass Contest and the 5e Base Class Contest. Check them out if even just to vote or give feedback, we love that in there.

Spoiler
    Show

My DMsGuild content. Most of it was written with feedback from right here on the forums.

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Troll in the Playground

"Agreed...none of us should travel alone. I will go with Grimmgang and entertain the tavern-folk..."

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Titan in the Playground

At the bard's words Grimmgang grit his teeth. "On your way then. We'll be at Ghallanda's. Find me later wherever they serve their beer." He turned on his heels, staling off to the inn. Drasil gave Xaxhan a pointed look, then followed.

Spoiler
    Show
    well, I assume an inn of that size has a bar. He kinda needs a drink now, been a while since someone bickered back at him
    Last edited by TheFallenOne; 2012-06-08 at 02:24 PM.
    Actually, when you first put up the post where the gazebo started trying to eat us, I assumed you were pulling our legs and you'd put up the real post soon enough.

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Troll in the Playground

Shard followed the surly dwarf, a puzzled look on it's face.

"Sir Grimmgang, that was an example of humanoid mating ritual was it not? This is, how do you say, paying hard to get? Are you and sir Xaxhan going to copulate?"

The mineral being seemed genuinely curious.

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Titan in the Playground

Grimmgang suddenly stopped dead in his tracks, and a vein on his forehead looked about ready to burst. After a moment, he settled down and resumed walking. "You know, sometimes I forget you're not a real boy. Hasn't Daiya given you the talk about the birds and bees yet?
    Be glad I know you're not teasing me, or you'd've had my fist in your face. And believe me, I know how to crack your shell. No, we're not mating. I'm just saying what he is: a fancy pretty-boy, and people like him use that to get what they want. And since right now what he wants coincides with what we want all is well."

9. - Top - End - #1029
    Troll in the Playground

Shard looked with concern at Grimmgang's forehead. "Sir Grimmgang, your fluid pressure seems to be inordinately high...do you require a further infusion of divine energy?"

At the dwarf's explanation it looked thoughtful. "I am not a boy at all, Grimmgang. I am a Shard of the Cruciform." and indeed the polyphonic androgyny of it's voice carried the registers of both male and female humanoid vocal chords, layered over each other in a strange cacophonous harmony. "The mating behaviors of you flesh-bodies is no mystery to me. I do understand however, that in certain tribes two males will sometimes seek each other out. An old human once told me this practice is called buggery. Regardless of your intent, it would seem that Xaxhan read your remarks as an overture. Are you not concerned about...how is it? Leading him onward?"
    Last edited by TekHed; 2012-06-09 at 03:04 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Titan in the Playground

Daiya:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you slip your blindfold on to shut out the excess distractions of the colourful city, you find yourself instinctively seeking the lost sensory input for a few seconds; before your senses adjust and you once again hear and feel the minutest changes in your environment, it is almost as though you were a child again, lost and stumbling in the dark. It seems that your mind is starting to adjust to its new body.

Xaxhan/Daiya:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Pirate Exchange is little more than a colourful blur to the eye; the press of the crowd and the cacophony of business as it is conducted in Regalport almost make it easier to navigate by smell. It takes you a little over half an hour to make your way to Iriel's stall, located on the topmost level of the galleria, as far as she could get from the salt and spray without losing business. The gnomish woman is dressed in soft yellow and green today, her hair dyed a bright copper, and sturdy scrollcases and lockboxes dominate the shelves and tables of her stall. Almost every one of them radiates magic to Daiya's senses, Iriel's unique arcane signature burned into the wood.

"Xaxhan! Back in Regalport already? Did the trees get the better of you?" Iriel taps a darker case on a side table, grinning at you. "I picked up an useful spell for that a few days ago, although I don't know if you could use it with your traditions. You songspinners don't go in for negative energy much, do you?"

Grimmgang/Shard:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The doors of the Ghallanda house open to reveal a massive common room, spread out over half the ground floor and lined on one side by a long bar that is almost fully occupied at this hour. Round tables are scattered about the rest of the room, and neatly-dressed members of the staff scurry between them, ever-present yet seeming to fade into the background whenever one's eye leaves their faces. Grimmgang has no trouble acquiring a large mug of fine dark ale - the local establishment clearly caters to its usual clientele, and the quality of the brew is noticeable from the first sip - although Shard seems to draw at least a momentary glance from a good quarter of the patrons. Even here, glowing in odd colours tends to attract attention.
    Last edited by Sallera; 2012-06-09 at 06:45 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

11. - Top - End - #1031
    Ogre in the Playground

Me/Xaxhan
    Spoiler
    Show
    Daiya stumbles a bit when she first pulls her blindfold down ot listen to the crowds. As they walk, she pays attention to the movement and voices of those around her, being ready to head off any attack directed at her or the bard.

When it becomes clear that the bard is known in the area, she is glad for her cautiousness.
    Currently operating the 5e Subclass Contest and the 5e Base Class Contest. Check them out if even just to vote or give feedback, we love that in there.

Spoiler
    Show

My DMsGuild content. Most of it was written with feedback from right here on the forums.

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Ogre in the Playground

Daiya/Xaxhan
    Spoiler
    Show

"Iriel, my little gosling! You're looking just as delectable as ever. The trees didn't get me, but the rest of Q'barra nearly did, what with those insufferable lizard men, and the stink of the place, ugh. If you had a spell that would have kept that at bay, negative energy or not, I'd have happily picked up a dozen scrolls of it." Xaxhan wrinkles his nose and sticks out his tongue, making an exaggerated display of disgust, before looking around the gnome's shop, casually appraising the place. "It seems you've been doing well, dear, though I can hardly say I'm surprised. You've always been the shrewdest shopkeep in the Exchange. Which is, of course, why I've stopped by."

Xaxhan looks intently for a moment at the gnome before continuing, "Where are my manners? I'm sorry, Iriel, this is my adventuring companion Daiya, whom I had the privilege of meeting in Q'barra. Daiya, this is Iriel, the finest (in both senses of the word) librarian in Regalport." Xaxhan gestures to each of the women in turn during the introduction, winking at Iriel when making her introduction. "Now, then. I have three questions. First- we're looking for a place called Jheamast's Tomb. We found a few oddities in Q'barra that suggested that this Sarlonan adventurer might have some treasure hidden somewhere in The Principalities. Now, I know that these islands abound with stories of hidden treasure, but we have reason to believe there might be something to this story. Do you know anything about it, or anyone who might? Secondly, you've always known my tastes, have you picked up anything particularly intriguing? There was a modest windfall from my latest misadventures, and it's been burning a hole in my purse since I've gotten it. I'd rather it fell into your hands than into some nasty brute's. Lastly, have there been any developments in the Pirate States? We saw the Dragoneye in port, so I suppose Ryger isn't off warring with the Cloudreavers or the Diresharks. What about that meddling aasimar Lorrister, with his dreams of bringing justice to Lhazaar? Anyone tried to kill him yet?"

Xaxhan then sits at a nearby stool, props his elbow on the table, rests his chin on his fist, and gazes with comic longing at Iriel. "One last question, darling. Are still saddled with that dreadful husband of yours? I long for the day you'll be free of him, and I can whisk you away from here in a Lyrandar galleon and let you see the world." Xaxhan smiles playfully, glad to be in the company of his old friend.
    Last edited by Postmodernist; 2012-06-10 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Tag fail

13. - Top - End - #1033
    Titan in the Playground

Grimmgang/Shard
    Spoiler
    Show
    The words of Shard made Grimmgang chuckle, and the surprisingly good ale did the rest to make him lean back relaxed; with their lengthy mission in the jungle it had been a while since he had a decent drink. After all the dangers they'd been through and the sudden involvement of the Emerald Claw when all seemed over, now he was finally unstressed, if only for one short evening. "You know, you might actually be right there. I don't look at Xaxhan in that way, but he might have interpreted it thusly. I really don't want to hurt his feelings and if I confront him directly about it he might feel rejected. Could you, perhaps, ask him innocently whether or not he is a bugger?"

Spoiler
    Show
    so much potential there...
    Last edited by TheFallenOne; 2012-06-10 at 02:38 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1034
    Titan in the Playground

Daiya/Xaxhan:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Iriel adopts a look of mock offense, reaching up to flick Xaxhan in the forehead. "No speaking ill of Thuren until you can bake at least a quarter as well as he can, or I'll feel obliged to raise my prices."

Her cheerful mien returns quickly, though, and she sorts through a few small boxes as she speaks. "Funny you should ask about Jheamast; there was someone who tried finding his tomb a couple years back, although they didn't go about publishing the fact." Unlocking a case wrapped in blue felt, she dangles a coin on a golden chain from two fingers. One side shows a ship sailing icy seas; the other the noonday sun. "I know you Seren are a hardy lot, but this'll keep you comfortable in any weather you can imagine, and you might run into some nasty storms if you keep chasing buried treasure. Shields you from fire and ice on command, as well. No?"

"Anyway, it only came out when his journal went up for auction; I guess he found a bit more trouble than he was looking for, because he wasn't the one selling it. That old Karrnathi wizard Vorgaard outbid me, though."
    She mutters something that sounds suspiciously like 'more money than sense' before cracking open a scrollcase. "I've got this as well; Sirine's Grace, it's called. Gives 'untouchable performer' a more literal meaning. Might help you out in a tight spot."

"Ryger hasn't been out and about much lately, no. Too focused on trying to rule to go out hunting. Lorrister gave Mika a bloody nose a couple months ago when he caught her flagship alone; they've been snapping at each other since. If you ask me, though, Mika'll have his head soon enough. That woman knows how to carry a grudge."

Daiya:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As the conversation continues, you catch a small flare of magic from a spot several feet down the boardwalk, and a single word - 'Vorgaard'. Having drawn your attention, the rest of the sentence is easy to track, although it is not in a language you know. It sounds like Elven, or perhaps Gnome, although the voice is human. The speaker is strange, however; despite knowing exactly where his voice is coming from, you can detect almost nothing else distinguishable from him. He is not quite a blank spot in the crowd the way a statue would be, but he seems to have no distinctive smell, and the wind whispers by him as though he were not there at all.

Grimmgang:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Some time after your arrival, a dark-skinned dwarf with his hair and beard tied into an increasingly elaborate series of braids climbs onto the stool beside you as it briefly becomes vacant - unremarkable in the steady flow of customers to and from the bar, although his bearing and the crispness of his clothes suggest a military background. "A word from one soldier to another," he mutters in Dwarven out of the corner of his mouth as he waits for his drink. "Take care as you leave. There is a group of young fools in this house who go about causing trouble in the streets; they are not experienced, but numerous, and someone has given them training. One of them has been watching your valuable-looking friend since you arrived." Taking his mug, he heads back to his table without so much as a glance in your direction.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Titan in the Playground

Grimmgang/Shard
    Spoiler
    Show
    "<Thanks pal>", Grimmgang's inflectionless voice says without turning, also in the Dwarven tongue. He'd have liked a longer chat with the other dwarf, though he obviously had reason to keep their brief exchange unnoticed. He wondered how he was recognized as a fellow soldier; perhaps fine eyes and memory identified the motto embroidered on the hem of his cloak. But just as likely, his own demeanor might have given him away; if you knew nothing but war for half your life it left a mark on the way you moved, the way you looked at things, and no matter how many years of peace could never shake that off...
    He shook his head slightly to dispel these dark thoughts, and ordered a second beer to speed up the process. He took his time to address Shard with what he'd heard; there was no need to hurry, and when he thought about it no need to tell the whole story either to his companion who sometimes had trouble... processing or putting into context relevant information. "Let's stay together. And don't mind the other people much, not our assignment."

16. - Top - End - #1036
    Ogre in the Playground

Daiya/Xaxhan
    Spoiler
    Show
    Daiya gestures towards something that had caught her attention."Someone over that way is talking about this Vorgaard. More accurately, they are casting a spell and talking about him. Friend of yours, maybe?"

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1037
    Troll in the Playground

Grimmgang/Shard (though please do read for entertainment value! )
    Spoiler
    Show

"You know, you might actually be right there. I don't look at Xaxhan in that way, but he might have interpreted it thusly. I really don't want to hurt his feelings and if I confront him directly about it he might feel rejected. Could you, perhaps, ask him innocently whether or not he is a bugger?"
    Shard nodded as they entered the inn. "Indeed Grimmgang, I will broach the topic with him delicately...though I am not sure how I shall, mmm....lay him down gently, that he is unrequited?"

"Let's stay together. And don't mind the other people much, not our assignment."
    After the other dwarf had left, Shard looked at Grimmgang. "Was he too a bugger? I am told that they tend to dress sharply, and that dwarf was certainly well-manicured. I wonder, does he braid his own hair, or does it require assistants? I am told some noblewomen require a team of ten or more, though I am uncertain of your dwarven practices..."

Shard scanned the room, observing the bustle and the diversity of the patrons.
    Last edited by TekHed; 2012-06-13 at 08:52 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Ogre in the Playground

Xaxhan/Daiya
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Sallera View Post
    Her cheerful mien returns quickly, though, and she sorts through a few small boxes as she speaks. "Funny you should ask about Jheamast; there was someone who tried finding his tomb a couple years back, although they didn't go about publishing the fact." Unlocking a case wrapped in blue felt, she dangles a coin on a golden chain from two fingers. One side shows a ship sailing icy seas; the other the noonday sun. "I know you Seren are a hardy lot, but this'll keep you comfortable in any weather you can imagine, and you might run into some nasty storms if you keep chasing buried treasure. Shields you from fire and ice on command, as well. No?"

"Anyway, it only came out when his journal went up for auction; I guess he found a bit more trouble than he was looking for, because he wasn't the one selling it. That old Karrnathi wizard Vorgaard outbid me, though."
    She mutters something that sounds suspiciously like 'more money than sense' before cracking open a scrollcase. "I've got this as well; Sirine's Grace, it's called. Gives 'untouchable performer' a more literal meaning. Might help you out in a tight spot."
    "Jheamast had a journal?" Xaxhan asks in astonishment. "Is this Vorgaard in town somewhere? That journal might prove invaluable to our search. As for the coin, you might have to elaborate a bit on it, but the spell has certainly caught my attention. How much are they both, out of curiosity?"

Quote Originally Posted by MoleMage View Post
    Daiya gestures towards something that had caught her attention."Someone over that way is talking about this Vorgaard. More accurately, they are casting a spell and talking about him. Friend of yours, maybe?"
    Xaxhan's attention snaps to Daiya. "Did you hear what the spell was? That might help to find whether this person is a friend or not. I wonder if we were followed. I'm sorry Iriel, but we might have to hurry our business somewhat. You know me," he grins, "always in some sort of trouble. You, however, are an absolute diamond. I appreciate your help enormously."

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Titan in the Playground

Xaxhan/Daiya:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Oh, the journal wasn't Jheamast's, it belonged to the fellow who went looking for him. You might find it helpful anyway, though, if you can pry it out of that old hoarder's fingers somehow. He's got an estate over on the coast of the mainland; it's a pretty ostentatious place, easy to see from the water, so any captain who knows the area should be able to take you there."

Iriel pulls the scroll from its case, waving it slowly. "Oh dear, you didn't tell me you were in a competition to find the place. I'd have kept my voice down. But if you must run away so soon, perhaps a last-minute purchase to keep you alive until we meet again? Song magic this potent comes straight from Aerenal, so I can't take less than a thousand for it, but you'll find it well worth the price should you get cornered, or need to awe everyone in hearing."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

20. - Top - End - #1040
    Ogre in the Playground

Xaxhan/Daiya
    Spoiler
    Show
    Xaxhan frowns slightly upon hearing the price, then brightens and tosses the coins over to Iriel. "A bargain at twice the price, darling. Your information has proven invaluable, and your company even more precious than that. One last thing, my little duchess: I'd also appreciate your silence. Hopefully, when all this is over, you'll be seeing more of me. Shall we, Daiya?" Xaxhan bows to the little gnome shopkeeper and kisses her hand before taking his leave with Daiya.

Once the two are outside, he asks his companion, So, Milkeye, you think you can find our little spy? Should we head to Wanderlust, or should we go meet up with Grimmgang and the Shard?""

21. - Top - End - #1041
    Ogre in the Playground

Xaxhan/Daiya
    Spoiler
    Show
    Daiya shakes her head.
    "Don't hold out too much hope. I'll try and trace him, see if I can follow the magic or his smell, but in the press of the crowd, I didn't get a good sense of who actually was casting it. Doesn't help that there are so many magic items in the area, or so many people for that matter."
    Daiya gestures subtly in the direction the noise came from.
    "Watch for anyone suspicious, or anyone watching me. Tail me, ten maybe fifteen feet. I'm going to the source of the magic to try and trace it."
    Daiya then wanders over to the place where she had felt the magic and heard the man talking about their target, and tries to identify the type of magic used and to pick up a scent on the oddly tongued person.
    Last edited by MoleMage; 2012-06-16 at 08:10 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Titan in the Playground

Daiya:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Now that she knows what to look for, Daiya is able to catch the man's near-silent footsteps casually moving away, his nigh-complete lack of presence the only identifying feature he has. Were it not for the fact that everyone else in the crowd is so very visible, it would likely be impossible to pick him out in their midst.

He makes it down to the next level before stopping by a stall that sells... small cakes, by the smell. Now that he has stopped moving, it might be possible to pick him up by sight, if desired, or perhaps force a confrontation.

Xaxhan:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Daiya follows someone down to the next level before stopping, but despite her instructions, you can't pick out whom it is you are shadowing.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

23. - Top - End - #1043
    Titan in the Playground

Grimmgang/Shard
    Spoiler
    Show
    Maybe I SHOULD let those punks take him, chances are they'll give him back a couple hours later... The dwarf was silent for a while, drinking his beer; he had been in a relaxed mood and now his companion's naivete ruined it. "Tell me Shard, does Daiya have to go through questions like that every time? I'm starting to understand why she ran headfirst into a fourty pound club."

24. - Top - End - #1044
    Troll in the Playground

The Further Adventures of Abbot and Costello Shard and Grimmgang:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shard looked puzzled. "Every time what? I don't believe in our brief travels together, that she and I have ever been approached by so fancy a dwarf. In fact, you are only the second of your kind I have ever had more than a cursory conversation with. The first was a Kundarak merchant I met shortly after emerging from what you Khorvarians refer to as Khyber. I believe he wanted to sell my body, though assuredly not for buggery. There were also those calling themselves Duergar, but they were quite insulted when I mistakenly referred to them as dwarves...do you know of them?"

25. - Top - End - #1045
    Titan in the Playground

Grimmgang/Shard
    Spoiler
    Show
    At 'I believe he wanted to sell my body, though assuredly not for buggery' Grimmgang made an involuntary spit-take, coughing heavily after choking on his beer. 'But... why?', 'How?' and 'WHAT THE HELL?' were fighting for the privilege of being asked first, but in the end decided he really, really didn't want to know.
    "That's enough", he finally said after regaining control of his breathing. "No more talk of -buggery-. Dol Arra's mutton chops, can't I just enjoy a fine brew in peace and quiet?"

26. - Top - End - #1046
    Ogre in the Playground

Daiya/Xaxhan
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Seren continues to follow Daiya from a distance, keeping his confusion at bay. He pretends to browse the occasional merchant's wares, looking in on stalls and perusing them halfheartedly. I hope the girl knows what she's doing, he thinks to himself, as he smiles perfunctorily at fishmonger hawking his goods.

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Daiya approaches the vendor, standing immediately next to the person she is trailing without ever looking directly at him.
    "Excuse me, are those cakes I smell? They really smell quite fantastic. Might I get one please?" After placing an order with the vendor, Daiya turns to the person next to her, still wearing a blindfold. "I do so like to meet new people. Tell me, stranger, where are you from and what brings you to the city?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy check (1d20+8)[14]
    Sense Motive check (1d20+10)[17]
    Edit: Forgot to put my synergy bonus from sense motive onto my diplomacy check. +2 on top of the roll.
    Last edited by MoleMage; 2012-06-23 at 01:53 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Titan in the Playground

Daiya/Xaxhan:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "A blackberry cake for me, good sir." The clink of silver accompanies his words, and as the vendor hands over both orders, the other man turns, his steps apparently deliberately losing their silent qualities for a brief period. "A pleasure to make your acquaintance. Shall we talk by the rail? 'Tis a bit less crowded."

The outer rail is indeed slightly more open, although it is but the traffic of a busy thoroughfare rather than the press of a crowd, and Xaxhan is finally able to spot the man as he steps up to lean on the rail. Tanned skin, a sharp nose; hard eyes with a hint of laughter in them. Nothing else about him stands out, his proportions average and his dark blue and dull brown clothing serving as an effective urban camouflage.

"I haven't been there in many years, but New Galifar was my birthplace, if that's what you're asking. I've roamed the Shadow Marches and the jungles of Xen'drik, but returning to civilization is often welcome." He takes a bite of the cake, smiling contentedly. "Case in point. These are delicious. As to why I am here, why, because I was asked, of course. Dura is a terribly tedious person to work for, but even the dullest job can hold unexpected delights." Daiya gets the distinct sense that he is grinning at her, something Xaxhan could confirm, although his removed perch and the noise of the crowd renders the words indistinct well before they reach his ears.

"What brings you here? You are clearly a woman of interesting talents, but if you will forgive the presumption, you do not strike me as the type to waste them on the simple pursuit of wealth."
    Last edited by Sallera; 2012-06-23 at 09:44 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

29. - Top - End - #1049
    Troll in the Playground

Social Awkwardness:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "As you wish, good Grimmgang." Shard nodded, then proceeded to stare at Grimmgang in silence as he quaffed his ale, never blinking, and with the slight smile it had picked up as a way to make organic humanoids more comfortable...or so it thought.
    Last edited by TekHed; 2012-06-23 at 07:22 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Daiya considers the question for a while, then decides that the best answer is the truth...or at least part of it. Using no names, she decides to reveal her story.

"My father was a knight of some regard; when I was born blind he was somewhat distraught. He took me to a priest, who was unable to restore my sight but taught me to function well without it, as well as some magic. Later on, another priest managed to restore my eyes, but I'm still more comfortable with my ears and my nose and my touch, hence this blindfold." Daiya indicates her headgear. "But I eventually set out to make my own name. I still hope someday to be a knight but right now I'm content to simply be a respected adventurer. Right now I'm seeking for a certain treasure, once belonged to a man named Jheamast. Have you ever heard of him?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Using my Detect Lies class feature to treat a sense motive roll as a natural 20 on his next roll. Total is 30. One remaining this day.

Spoiler
    Show