New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1500
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC

A wash of colour greets you as the door falls inward with a puff of dust, refracted firelight and moonlight filtering through the stained-glass ceiling of what appears to an exhibit hall to rival most museums. The terrace you emerge onto is lined with archaic suits of armour from various ages and places, seven silent sentinels topped with an array of war helms, masks, and feathered headdresses. Some thirty feet ahead, a shallow staircase descends to a central display area featuring glass and mahogany cases containing a barely-organized array of trinkets and relics. An elegant funeral mask sits next to a savage dagger-axe and a humble adze, shards of giant pottery are seated by an ancient scorpion bracelet; many more adorn the area, most of which would require reading of the attached brass plaques for anyone other than a dedicated scholar to place in history.

To the east hangs what some would call a masterful centerpiece, and others, an abomination of good taste. Suspended from steel cables, an alchemically preserved giant squid the size of a sailing cog gazes upward at a mural of brilliant coautls locked in combat with rakshasas and their fiendish allies. And as your gaze is drawn upward, your eyes meet those of a familiar dark-haired spellcaster, perched atop the squid next to one of its mooring cables.

"So, you followed after all. I would grant you the mercy of an opportunity to surrender, but I am sure you have already refused the same from Arielon." A touch of bitterness enters her voice, and she raises a hand in challenge as three armed, armoured and quite dead humans step out from among the displays. "If that is the way it is to be, then I will regain the standing you have cost me in the traditional manner. Come! Let us finish this before Ethras returns with my book."

Spoiler
    Show
    Init:
    Xaxhan
    Enemies
    Daiya
    Grimmgang
    Shard

The upper platforms are ~10ft above the lower; Dura, atop the squid, is ~25ft above the lower platform, or 15 above the higher. Stars are the suits of armour; the black dotted lines are railings, ~3ft high.
    Last edited by Sallera; 2012-08-16 at 11:43 PM.
    Wriggle avatar by memnarch.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Ogre in the Playground

"Arielon? Was he the guy Grimmy lit on fire? You must be Dura. He told us all about you before we dispatched him," sneers the bard through his thin reptile lips. Without missing a beat, he whips his mandolin out and strums one of the secret chords of power, infusing the music with arcane might. The badge upon his chest glows faintly as he plays. The allegro descends upon his companions, strengthening their arms and enchanting their blades.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move action: draw mandolin. Swift action: cast Inspirational Boost. Standard action: Inspire Courage. Immediate action (which will be used ASAP and consume my swift action next turn: Activate Badge of Valor. Everybody gets +4 attack and damage (Oh, and against fear!) until Xaxhan stops singing and then for five rounds thereafter.

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Titan in the Playground

Dura replies with a twisting motion of her hand, and Grimmgang once more feels the air closing around him. As she retreats along the squid's head, the zombies advance up the stairs, moving with more alacrity than their kind usually displays.

Spoiler
    Show
    Will save at DC15 from Grimmgang, or be paralyzed.
    Dura moves out of sight (of everyone but Shard, anyway) to I21 (the squid's back counts as difficult terrain, should it come up.) The zombies advance to N12, O13, and O14.
    Last edited by Sallera; 2012-08-17 at 12:55 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Titan in the Playground

At the bard's words Grimmgang's head snapped around furiously. "Could you perhaps not paint a target on my forehead? Seriously man." In light of his agitation the restraining spell bounced off Dwarven bullheadedness before he even properly realizes he had been targeted. With a displeasured grunt, he and Drasil advanced on the first zombie, the wooden companion clamping into one leg while the dwarf lined up a bonecrushing blow using the extra momentum provided by the chain on his weapon.

Spoiler
    Show
    Drasil N15, Grimmgang P13

(1d20+12)[25] (1d6+9)[13] if DFI - (4d6)[16]

(1d20+14)[33] (1d8+7)[8] Mountain Hammer - (2d6)[2] if DFI - (4d6)[9]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff the Green View Post
    Actually, when you first put up the post where the gazebo started trying to eat us, I assumed you were pulling our legs and you'd put up the real post soon enough.

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Ogre in the Playground

Sensing her target through the magics being wielded, Daiya draws on her dragonmark, twisting space to appear directly behind the spellcaster.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dimension Leap, sword out, to target. Draw Sword. If Dimension Leap is swift (I don't have my books handy), I'll also make an attack, releasing the stored spell if that succeeds. I'm trying to flank with Shard, who can hopefully also reach Dura, so align my teleport appropriately. If I can't attack and she does anything to provoke, I'll take the attack of opportunity. Use the rolls below if you like.

(1d20+11)[21]
    (2d4)[4]Miss on 2
    (1d10+5)[11]Damage
    (3d8+6)[21] Spell damage
    Currently operating the 5e Subclass Contest and the 5e Base Class Contest. Check them out if even just to vote or give feedback, we love that in there.

Spoiler
    Show

My DMsGuild content. Most of it was written with feedback from right here on the forums.

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Troll in the Playground

Shard stepped up to meet the alacritous undead, answering it's forward momentum with a wicked wide horizontal slash at shoulder level, and calling upon cosmic order to return the ambulatory corpses to their rightful inanimate state.

Spoiler
    Show

Move to O12, swift action activate Law Devotion (+3 attack bonus this action)

Mountain Hammering Z2 (in N12): (1d20+16)[20] I swear...could I please make an attack roll over 5? Please?

Damage: (4d6+8)[27]

Buffs for Force Screen and Entropic Shield should still have a few minutes left.

AC 27

Law Devotion 10 rounds

Last edited by TekHed; 2012-08-18 at 02:16 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Ogre in the Playground

Xaxhan ignores Grimmgang's retort, instead changing the chord progression of his tune. The music changes in tempo, and the ethereal tinkling of the mandolin conjures up sensations of Argonnessen's frigid reaches. The blades of the bard's allies swirl with bluish light, their steel reinforced with arctic cold.

Spoiler
    Show
    Second verse, same as the first. Ok, slightly different. Inspirational Boost, DFI, expend last badge charge. Everybody gets +4d6 cold now.

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Titan in the Playground

Grimmgang and Drasil swiftly fell the first zombie, although Shard's blade grinds against the other's fine armour with no effect other than a hideous screech. The dead soldiers return strike for strike, although they lack the supernaturally-enhanced skill of their opposites. Daiya's swift appearance behind Dura visibly startles the woman, but she regains her composure quickly, retreating and touching a finger to her tongue before exhaling a cloud of foul scarlet vapours. "We are the Order of the Emerald Claw. We do not hide ourselves away. But do not think you can take our measure just by looking."

A creak of leather, louder than any such sound has a right to be, resounds throughout the chamber. A fall of dust covers the glass cases below. And two massive tentacles shake off the inertia of decades, curling up and over to smash down upon Daiya.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hands up if you saw that map and immediately thought "Giant Squid Zombie." Cleanly getting rid of that orange line with my limited editing skills would have taken more time than even I'm willing to spend. Anyway, said line is its reach.

Daiya can't make AoOs against targets with total concealment, even if she knows where they are.

Fort save from Daiya at DC16 or be nauseated for (1d6)[4] rounds.

Attack on Grimmgang: (1d20+6)[14]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[7]

Attack on Shard: (1d20+6)[25]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[11]

Attack on Daiya: (1d20+19)[29]
    Damage: (2d6+9)[15]

Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

9. - Top - End - #1149
    Troll in the Playground

Unswayed by the glancing of it's blow, Shard took the measure of the undead before it, and aimed for a gap in it's armor.

"Hold fast Daiya!" it shouted.

Spoiler
    Show

Should have spent an AP on that last attack roll...but I forgot. Again.

Regular Strike: (1d20+16)[34]

Damage: (2d6+8)[16] + (3d6)[12] cold

Law Devotion still set to Attack, 9 rounds

AC 27
    Last edited by TekHed; 2012-08-18 at 04:56 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1150
    Titan in the Playground

When the massive corpse started moving, Grimmgang's heart stopped for a moment and he stared wideeyed as the thick tentacles lashed out at Daiya. "Sweet mother mercy..." A flail wouldn't do for this, so he dropped it and reached for the sword of the fallen zombie, feinting the opening this would give the other undead long enough for Drasil to circle it and attack from behind. The distraction done, he picked up the sword at last and thrust it through the zombie's soft underside of the jaw, ripping the blade out sideways to split the carcass's skull.

Spoiler
    Show
    Drasil moves to N13, attacks Z1
    (1d20+12)[15] (1d6+9)[11] (3d6)[11]

Grimmgang picks up sword, attacks Z1. If Z1 down 5 ft step and attack Z2
    Emerald Razor touch - (1d20+11)[17] +2 if flanking
    (1d8+7)[11] (3d6)[13]
    edit: if it falls after Grimmgang's attack step upwards also
    Last edited by TheFallenOne; 2012-08-18 at 04:51 PM.
    Actually, when you first put up the post where the gazebo started trying to eat us, I assumed you were pulling our legs and you'd put up the real post soon enough.

11. - Top - End - #1151
    Ogre in the Playground

Gagging from the horrid smell, Daiya topples back over the edge of the now-zombified squid, and tries feebly to crawl out of its reach.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm assuming that "cannot take any action requiring concentration" includes Tumble. If I'm wrong, I am of course going to use Tumble to get away from squidly, and to avoid fall damage.

Aiming for O22, but I suspect that I won't make it.
    Last edited by MoleMage; 2012-08-18 at 08:15 PM.
    Currently operating the 5e Subclass Contest and the 5e Base Class Contest. Check them out if even just to vote or give feedback, we love that in there.

Spoiler
    Show

My DMsGuild content. Most of it was written with feedback from right here on the forums.

12. - Top - End - #1152
    Ogre in the Playground

His preparations complete, the spellsinger drops his mandolin and draws his longsword, the blade humming with arcane might. He dashes forward to witness the grotesquerie his comrade stands atop, its horrid tentacles flailing. "Hey, Shard, remember when I said it couldn't get any worse? I stand corrected," he shouts before summoning another blast of arcane energy and directing it toward his enemies.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move to L12. Drop mandolin, draw sword. Glitterdust, centered on Dura.

13. - Top - End - #1153
    Titan in the Playground

The zombified soldier lashes out at Grimmgang as he grabs the fallen weapon, but the dwarf's answering strike tears it apart, and Shard cleaves the other in two, granting the fighters a brief respite as Daiya lands in a neat roll that takes her out of the squid's reach. Xaxhan's spell coats Dura and a portion of the squid in glittering gold, but Dura's eyes seem unaffected as she attempts to encase the bard in the same shell of tainted air she had used against Grimmgang, and the squid likewise appears either too stubborn or too stupid to be bothered by the shimmering particles.

Spoiler
    Show
    Will save at DC15 from Xaxhan or be paralyzed.

AoO on Grimmgang: (1d20+6)[23]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[4]

Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

14. - Top - End - #1154
    Troll in the Playground

"Do not despair Bard. The Light will prevail."

Steeling itself against the coming onslaught it was about to run headfirst into, Shard called once more upon the power of Eberron, shoring up it's mineral form with greater resilience.

Thus fortified, Shard charged to the corner railings, and with a burst of stored psychic energy, flashed across the gap ready to exact retribution upon the necromantic Claw.

Spoiler
    Show

Standard Action: Cast Bear's Endurance upon myself.
    Move Action: 25 feet to M16
    Free Action: switch Law Devotion to AC
    Swift Action: Spend 1 PP to Dimension Hop to K17. Since this is teleportation, this should not trigger an AoO just yet, and Shard is still too far away for his Crystal Guard's Glare to be in effect (though he will likely take the next hit anyways).

AC: 30
    DR 5/Adamantine
    Entropic Shield still active
    Law Devotion: 9 rounds

HP: 58

Last edited by TekHed; 2012-08-19 at 02:48 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1155
    Titan in the Playground

The zombie caused nothing more than a small bruise before it fell, lifeless for good, but the final zombie would prove to be a... bigger challenge. Gulping at the length of its tentacles, he adanced on it in a defensive stance, shield up and light on his feet.

Spoiler
    Show
    Total Defense, AC 29
    Tumble - (1d20+15)[28]

Move to J16, includes Extreme Leap and double upward movement for stairs

16. - Top - End - #1156
    Ogre in the Playground

Xaxhan steels himself and wheels toward the creature, employing his battledancing skills to evade the monstrous tentacles of the reanimated beast. He then lashes out with his blade, the tempo and pitch of the song rising and resonating with the crystalline blade as he strikes.

Spoiler
    Show
    Tumble to J14. (1d20+11)[31] Move to J17 Melee attack: (1d20+5)[12] Damage: (1d8+1)[7] slashing + (3d6)[6] cold + 3 sonic (half bard level from harmonious crystal echoblade when song is in effect.
    Last edited by Postmodernist; 2012-08-19 at 03:30 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1157
    Ogre in the Playground

Having gotten out of reach of the massive zombie, Daiya promptly doubles over and hurls.

Spoiler
    Show
    Only one move action per turn until Nausea wears off. Two more rounds suffering it.

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1158
    Titan in the Playground

One of the squid's tentacles draws back as Xaxhan approaches, smashing down upon him as he mounts the stairs. Drasil's charge accomplishes little more, her wooden teeth failing to penetrate its rubbery flesh. The nearer of its massive eyes seems to focus on Shard, and it sweeps another arm through the air at surprising speed for its age. Atop its back, Dura approaches the edge, stroking her holy symbol. "Let us see if you sing as well as last time, bloodless one!" The word resonates within Shard's body, every vibration widening the minute cracks in its shell.

Spoiler
    Show
    AoO on Xaxhan: (1d20+19)[32]
    Damage: (2d6+9)[17]

Attack on Shard: (1d20+19)[27]
    Damage: (2d6+9)[16]

Shard takes (6d6)[18] * 1.5 sonic damage, Fort DC15 for half.

Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

19. - Top - End - #1159
    Troll in the Playground

The horrid tentacle glanced off an invisible barrier as Shard advanced with intent toward the black magic it saw. It's enemy, servant of the dark stepped forward, crooning the hated song of cacophony, disharmony, death. As before, the distorting harmonics of the cleric's spell sent a web of cracks splaying through Shard's body, though it did not howl in pain. Rather the crystalline consciousness from another time steeled itself and pressed onward, drawing up under the squid and then flashing between space to arrive standing right near Dura.

She could see within the being's body, a light pulsing, slowly fending off the the spreading cracks, and shoring up it's form.

As before, all faces spoke as one, , though the cracks rendered it's usual blended tones shrill and piercing.

"Indeed I remember your song, necromancer. I owe you a refrain." It said with malice before striking home with it's mighty blade, still thrumming with the Seren's frost-hymn.

Spoiler
    Show

5 foot step east to K18
    Spend 3 PP, Swift Teleport up 20' onto Squid's back to I9 (note: now threatening with CGG)
    Spend 2 PP, Free action charge sword.
    Standard Action: Swing Sword (Stone Bones) (1d20+14)[23]
    Damage: (4d6+9)[26] + (3d6)[9] cold

AC 30
    HP: 36 (5 damage delayed until next round via Steely Resolve)
    DR 10/Adamantine if I hit.
    Law Devotion 8 rounds

Last edited by TekHed; 2012-08-21 at 03:52 AM.

20. - Top - End - #1160
    Titan in the Playground

Not deterred by the squid's tough hide, Drasil kept ripping into it, with Grimmgang now moving in to join the fray, making good use of the scavenged sword.

Spoiler
    Show
    Drasil
    (1d20+10)[22] (1d6+9)[15] (3d6)[15]

Grimgang, tumble to J18. Offensive Recovery to regain Emerald Razor

Wolf Fang Strike
    Longsword - (1d20+9)[20]
    Slashing damage - (1d8+7)[13] + cold damage - (3d6)[8]
    Shield spikes - (1d20+10)[16]
    Piercing damage - (1d6+5)[6] + cold damage - (3d6)[11]

21. - Top - End - #1161
    Ogre in the Playground

Xaxhan shoulders the tentacle's blow as best he can, though it batters him terribly. He spits blood, grateful that he is no longer singing, as the strike had knocked the wind from him so thoroughly it would have assuredly ended his song. Undeterred, the bard continues to carve into the unholy sea monster's side, hoping that the scales he acquired from the spell of transformation he had cast earlier provides better protection from the next strike.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+9)[17] Damage: (1d8+5)[13] Slashing + (3d6)[5] Cold + 3 Sonic.
    Last edited by Postmodernist; 2012-08-21 at 12:30 PM. Reason: broken tags

22. - Top - End - #1162
    Titan in the Playground

Grimmgang and Drasil finally tear into the squid's flesh, releasing a powerful odor of alchemical preservatives, but the creature's body is massive enough that even the large gashes fail to hinder its flailing; indeed, it hardly seems to have noticed, its eyes rolling upward to focus on the one threatening its master. Shard's blade cuts deeply into Dura's side moments before the tentacles swing heavily into its back, but the woman still stands, her hand glowing black as she reaches out to Shard's shell, attempting to steal its light for herself.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack on Shard: (1d20+19)[36]
    Damage: (2d6+9)[15]

Dura's casting defensively, DC17: (1d20+11)[19] If it succeeds:
    Touch attack: (1d20+7)[21]
    Damage: (3d6)[18]

Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

23. - Top - End - #1163
    Troll in the Playground

The darkness poured into Shard's form, nearly smothering the light within. It was weak, near death, yet determined in it's resolve to smite the evil cleric.

With a last mighty effort, it swung it's blade, then with the last of it's energy, dropped out of it's threatening posture while detaching one of the crystal rods growing from it's forearm.

Spoiler
    Show

OK, here goes...

Stone Bones Strike: (1d20+11)[31]
    Damage: (2d6+9)[19] + (3d6)[12] Cold
    Swift Action: Drop Stance
    Move Action: Draw Wand of Cure Moderate Wounds

AC 30
    HP: 13 (5 damage delayed until next round via Steely Resolve)
    DR 10/Adamantine if I hit.
    Law Devotion 7 rounds
    No longer in Crystal Guard's Glare
    Last edited by TekHed; 2012-08-22 at 02:54 AM.

24. - Top - End - #1164
    Titan in the Playground

Drasil hooked her fangs into the wound she teared open, trying to rip a huge chunk of alchemically preserved flesh out. Grimmgang thrust his sword upward where his prior attacks parted the tough hide, pushing the blade forward to produce an immense, long cut.

Spoiler
    Show
    Drasil
    (1d20+10)[12] (1d6+9)[11] (3d6)[15]

Grimmgang, tumble to J20, regain Mountain Hammer
    Emerald Razor Touch - (1d20+12)[32] (1d8+7)[10] (3d6)[13]

25. - Top - End - #1165
    Ogre in the Playground

Xaxhan activated the belt he wore, summoning the reserve of positive energy it contained. He extended his hand, and felt the dual action of frost and sacred might channeled forth from his fingers, the blue of the cold brightened to the color of a clear sky.

Spoiler
    Show
    Touch attack (1d20+8)[25] Expend 2 charges of healing belt for (3d8)[20] positive energy damage and (3d6)[8] frost damage. Let's drop this big undead cephalopod bastard.

26. - Top - End - #1166
    Titan in the Playground

The squid shudders violently, throwing off the lighter Dura's balance as it instinctively lashes out against the source of the infusion of positive energy. Shard's stance is surer, and the massive blade strikes true, impaling Dura through the stomach as she tries to turn aside - but still, she does not fall. Some malign force shields her from the shock of such a dire injury, and she grasps the blade's edge with one hand, staring into Shard's face with unrestrained hatred, and perhaps just a hint of resignation.

"I... have lost." Struggling to draw breath, her lips twist into a mockery of a smile. "Then... at least... let both of us... lose, this day. For that is the way of things." Her voice is oddly strong on the last few words, as if she is reciting a long-studied prayer. And as her other hand rises, every soul in the room can feel a touch of fear. There is nothing threatening about it, no aura of spellcasting or words of power. Yet for some reason, her fingers carry the surety of something that must be avoided at all costs - not fire, nor blood, nor pain, for none of them could approach so simply. Perhaps it is simply the sense that there is only one thing such certainty could bring. An ending.

With Shard's momentum still thrust forward, its blade trapped by enchanted flesh and the iron grip of the dying, Dura's hand reaches inexorably forward, creeps toward Shard's where they sit on the hilt, comes within an inch of its fingers. Just for an instant, one might swear its light flickered out.

"Ah..." With an almost pitiful sound, the necromancer's hand halts, wavers, and falls. Whether her reach or her strength failed her, her eyes close, the oppressive atmosphere lifting as she finally releases the blade, sliding backward off its end and landing on the distant floor with a soft thump.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hey, Shard got lucky after all.

Attack on Xaxhan: (1d20+19)[34]
    Damage: (2d6+9)[12]

As your only remaining opponent takes up half the room, I hope you'll forgive me for not updating the map.
    Last edited by Sallera; 2013-02-19 at 12:02 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

27. - Top - End - #1167
    Ogre in the Playground

Finally catching her breath, Daiya sees that the necromancer has fallen, and reaches into her belt pouch, pulling out one of the healing potions they had recovered in the temple. She drinks it, feeling energy flow back into her limbs, then turns to decide what way will work best for dispatching the giant squid.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cure Moderate Pot, Draw and Chug. (2d8+3)[10]

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1168
    Troll in the Playground

"Grimmgang! Make way! I'll aid Xachan." Shard voiced, drawing from the reserve of positive energy held within it's wand.

Once the dwarf had cleared a path, Shard leapt through space once more, appearing beneath the squid. Dropping it's wand, it moved into position next to Grimmgang, prepared to defend and heal.

Spoiler
    Show

So Shard needs to be standing in the square Grimm is in now, next to Xaxhan. Fallen if you have Grimm take a 5-foot step to the east, Shard can hop down and 5 foot step into where you are. If you have Drasil take a 5 foot step north, all 3 of us will be flanking and Shard will be able to better defend either of you with Shield Block if needed.

Actions:

Delay until after Grimm moves
    Standard: Activate Wand: (2d8+3)[11]
    Swift: D-Hop down 10 feet (no damage from last five foot drop)
    5 foot step to J18

new granted maneuver: (1d2)[1] Vanguard Strike

AC 30
    Law Devotion: 6 rounds

HP: 19

DR 5/Admantine

Last edited by TekHed; 2012-08-24 at 01:10 AM.

29. - Top - End - #1169
    Titan in the Playground

Dura was taken care of, but still the animated sea monstrosity lashed about with powerful tentacles. How do you bring down something like this? It has no vitals, and it's too massive to be cut apart...
    Massive. That's it.

He couldn't cut deep enough to dismember it on his own, but he could let gravity do the work. The steel cables suspending the creature were pulling it in different directions. If he weakened its structure well enough down the middle, it would be ripped apart by its own weight.
    There. Xaxhan's assault with positive energy left the flesh brittle, and Drasil had bitten a deep gaugue next to it. A powerful cleave on the same line might do it.
    For a moment the cold energy surrounding his blade flickered, as it was infused with the primal power of earth and stone. The sword flashed in a wide upward arc.

Spoiler
    Show
    Drasil
    (1d20+10)[24] (1d6+9)[10] (3d6)[7]

move to H1, Mountain Hammer, regain Emerald Razor
    attack - (1d20+12)[15] slashing - (1d8+7)[9] maneuver - (2d6)[3] cold - (3d6)[9]

30. - Top - End - #1170
    Ogre in the Playground

Xaxhan grits his teeth, the pain of his crushed ribs radiating outward through the entirety of his chest. The putrescent fiend had battered him worse than he'd ever experiences, and he knew he was too wounded to continue. His thought was to escape. He could probably weave his way from the creature's flailing tentacles, and could employ a little magic to make good his escape. Still, he loathed the idea of abandoning his friends.

"Bring this bastard down, now!" the Seren shouted, standing fast and draining the last reserves of healing magic from the belt girdling his waist. He remained engaged with the beast, not moving from its side, so as to maintain the assault.

Spoiler
    Show
    (2d8)[9] healing.