New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC

Shimmering with silent light and the faint tinkling of his crystaline body, Shard moves to press the attack.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move to J13 avoiding threatened squares to threaten Lizardman being assualted by Grimgang.

Charge Weapon with 2 PP. Using Stone Bones Maneuver
    Attack: (1d20+5)[6]
    Damage: [roll]4d6+3

Edit: goofed on the damage roll but with a natural 1 it doesn't matter.

The weapon will stay charged for a minute or until I land my next attack.

Is my maneuver expended even though I missed with it?

Maneuvers: (1d2)[2]
    Vanguard Strike now available. Just waiting on Crusader's Strike IIRC
    Last edited by TekHed; 2010-11-29 at 05:53 PM.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

The northern lizard appears somewhat confused by the wooden bear, but takes a half-hearted swing at it as it approaches regardless. It responds to Shard's challenge much more enthusiastically, despite nearly losing an eye to Daiya's spell, putting all its strength into a massive swing that nearly smashes the hut's doorframe. Grimmgang easily evades the other blackscale, scoring a deep wound in its thigh, and it drops the club, turning to more agile weapons in an attempt to strike the nimble dwarf.

Spoiler
    Show

Daiya hits for 18.
    Club at Trunk, with a -4 due to Shard: (1d20+3)[17]
    Damage: (2d8+6)[18]
    Club at Shard: (1d20+3)[4]
    Damage: (2d8+14)[23]
    Bite at Shard: (1d20+1)[20]
    Damage: (1d6+6)[10]
    Claw at Grimmgang: (1d20+7)[11]
    Damage: (1d6+4)[9]
    Claw at Grimmgang: (1d20+7)[19]
    Damage: (1d6+4)[7]
    Bite at Grimmgang: (1d20+5)[24]
    Damage: (1d6+2)[6]
    Wriggle avatar by memnarch.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

The blackscales jaws closed around Grimmgangs arm, however the stubborn dwarf managed to yank it out again before any damage could be done, taking a tooth of the perplexed lizard in the process. Not losing momentum, he dashed around the lizard towering over him and when it couldn't keep up because of it's wounded thigh, he attacked it from behind.

Spoiler
    Show
    Stone Power soaks the bite damage. Still wondering how exactly the effect of the feat is best explained IC

Tumble to M12 (1d20+13)[24] DC15

Wolf Fang Strike

Axe (1d20+8)[24] -2 maneuver, +2 flanking
    damage (1d10+4)[7] + (1d6)[1] Skirmish

Armor Spikes (1d20+8)[25]
    damage (1d6+1)[5] + (1d6)[2] Skirmish

edit: well, first time I roll bad for damage, but I can't complain about the rest and I guess it's still enough
    Last edited by TheFallenOne; 2010-11-30 at 12:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff the Green View Post
    Actually, when you first put up the post where the gazebo started trying to eat us, I assumed you were pulling our legs and you'd put up the real post soon enough.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Troll in the Playground

The Club swing misses wildly but the Lizardman's fangs found purchase on Shard...fortunately they could not penetrate it's hardened epidermis.

Shard brought it's greatsword down upon the exposed neck of the Blackscale.

Spoiler
    Show
    So now I have all 5 of my maneuvers granted. Using Crusader's Strike and will heal whomever is most wounded with it.

(1d20+5)[18] Wow! Does that hit???

damage: (4d6+4)[15]

Heals (1d6+2)[7] points of damage to whomever is most injured.
    Last edited by TekHed; 2010-12-14 at 08:17 PM.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Barbarian in the Playground

Dodging the blow as the Lizardfolk reacts to the approaching bear, Trunk assualts his foe, confident in the power of his current form. Seeing her masters renewed vigor, Drasil also delivers a powerful bite into the meat of her targets undamaged thigh.

Spoiler
    Show
    Full attack
    claw 1 (1d20+6)[19] (1d4+4)[6]
    claw 2 (1d20+6)[15] (1d4+4)[8]
    bite (1d20+1)[14] (1d6+2)[8]

Drasil
    (1d20+7)[22] (1d6+3)[6]
    Last edited by FuryOfMetal; 2010-11-30 at 04:37 PM.
    Awesome avatar created by Darwin.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeavelli View Post
    DM says: *Anything, anything at all.*

Players think: "Obviously, the solution is murder!"
    Player Registry

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

Approaching slowly towards the center of the clearing so as to keep the whole fight in her senses, Daiya draws back her bow again and fires it at the northern lizardfolk.

Spoiler
    Show

(If the northern one falls before her action, she will fire at the other one.)
    (1d20+4)[10]
    (1d6+3)[8]
    (1d4)[1]
    (1d4)[1]

Includes -4 for melee, two ones is a miss, yada yada yada.
    Currently operating the 5e Subclass Contest and the 5e Base Class Contest. Check them out if even just to vote or give feedback, we love that in there.

Spoiler
    Show

My DMsGuild content. Most of it was written with feedback from right here on the forums.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

Grimmgang swiftly whittles the blackscale down to nothing, slicing away at its limbs until it collapses. The other is borne to the ground by the weight of the bear's paws and the stroke of Shard's blade, bleeding its last almost before it has a chance to react. The battle is over seconds after it began, although the noise remains as the restless creature in the cage continues its bellowing.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

As the last blackscale fell, Grimmgang darted to the clearing between the two northern huts to see if a counterattack was already underway, though he doubted it; their strike at the muscle of the lizards was quick and decisive, now the question was if they should pause to refocus or keep the momentum of the attack to press the advantage. "Get yourself patched up, this will be a short breather! We shouldn't give them time to get organized, best we strike the next group right away before they can get their numerical advantage to play." He observed the poisondusk huts and the temple proper, trying to get a reading of their movements. The cage in his back only got a passing glance; it seemed to be a wild beast, not intelligent enough to distinguish it's captors from their enemies.

Spoiler
    Show
    well, 4 turns, 4 blackscales, I'd call that a good quota how wounded is everyone? I didn't keep track
    Actually, when you first put up the post where the gazebo started trying to eat us, I assumed you were pulling our legs and you'd put up the real post soon enough.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

The constant noise from the caged creature seems to have worked in your favour; the poison dusks in the distance don't appear to have noticed your presence. It is more difficult to tell whether the figures you previously saw pacing back and forth near the doors are aware of you; the raised portico doesn't give you a clear view.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

"Grimmgang, what do you see?"
    Currently operating the 5e Subclass Contest and the 5e Base Class Contest. Check them out if even just to vote or give feedback, we love that in there.

Spoiler
    Show

My DMsGuild content. Most of it was written with feedback from right here on the forums.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

Noticing the unexpected lack of hostile activity, Grimmgang immediately ducked into better coverand scaled the hut he was standing next to to get a better view. "Believe it or not, it seems the noise from the beast was enough to let our raid go unnoticed", tje dwarf said in a hushed voice. "Though I'm not sure yet, couldn't get a clear sight of the temple, but it seems we have some more time to contemplate our strategy. Can you calm the beast a but before the lizards get suspicious?"

12. - Top - End - #162

Spoiler
    Show
    Damnit I'm still in bear form....Could we get the large scale map of the temple front? I'd like to try and get closer to see what the beast is using Knowledge: Nature. My concern is however that if we calm the animal then the poisondusk would notice as it seems it's normal for it to be aggravated?

Following the brief battle, Trunk takes a moment to breath through his wooden nostrils and circulate it throughout his form to cool down. He pads over to the hut and peers out from behind it quickly, trying to survey the situation.

Player Registry

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    we got a larger map when I went scouting

We're at A4. Seems we have good cover from the temple proper, but I fear the poison dusks have good sight on the pile of dead blackscales

If I got things right, the caged beast was always kind of aggravated, but the nearby battle considerably intensified it

14. - Top - End - #164

Spoiler
    Show
    Hmm well if we drop back into the jungle to the west then we can get closer without being hassled. For now though I guess we can see about this unknown beast. I'll try and move closer to see it but hopefully moving with cover so I'm not seen. I'll try and find evidence of it's position from past posts...

It looks like the cage is in A4 with us, probably that faint 2x2 square south-west of the A4 camp. So i'll move up round the north to end up on the west side, giving me cover from the other camp.
    Knowledge nature [roll]1d20+13[/roll]
    Handle animal [roll]1d20+6[/roll]
    Hopefully something good happens...
    Last edited by FuryOfMetal; 2010-12-08 at 04:54 PM.

Player Registry

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

As you approach the cage, you can see white fur, great bulk, and what appears to be too many limbs, but whatever the creature is, it is beyond your knowledge. The sight of the strange bear apparently taking an interest in the captive only draws a series of ineffectual blows to the sturdy slats. For now, the poison dusks appear to remain oblivious.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

16. - Top - End - #166

Glancing at the poisondusk nervously, Trunk tries once more to calm and coerce the beast.

Spoiler
    Show
    handle animal (1d20+6)[12]

However his attempt appears to be in vain and he warily backs off, trying not to enrage the beast further. Trunk keeps eye contact whilst backing away out of sight to behind the huts again. He looks at his companions ineffectually and waits for others to lead off, padding the ground softly.
    Last edited by FuryOfMetal; 2010-12-11 at 03:57 PM.

Player Registry

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    you're a druid, you have Wild Empathy for a reason

How much damage has everybody taken currently? I'm just missing 2 HP

Grimmgang slowly backed off from his vantage point to quietly converse with the others. "We have a little time I think to prepare. Should we hit the poison dusks first? It's easier to retreat from there when reinforcements from the temple arrive, we might decide to retreat after weakening them a bit more and finish them off tomorrow rested and prepared", he said, eyeing Daiya.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

"Don't worry on my account. It takes more than a couple flesh wounds to kill me. I can just stay out of the melee and make use of my bow and magic."

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #169

Spoiler
    Show
    Damnit, I have a lesser vigor wand in my pack but that's currently melded inside of the massive wooden bear. It's difficult not to appear like some oversized ornament. I can cast a mass lesser vigor to heal us all up but I only have one and I'm not sure if everbody really needs it yet.

Player Registry

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Shard has some healing too if he's still with us, hasn't posted here in two weeks. Maybe you could hand the wand to him next time you're humanoid? As cleric, he can use it too and isn't restricted by Wildshape

I think the only ones who took damage are Trunk and Drasil, so you should know best if healing is necessary or not

Grimmgang nodded briefly at Daiyas bravery, then readied himself to sprint over the clearing to the poison dusk huts in one fell swoop. "You better drink one of the antidotes, if you get poisoned again things will go ugly."

Spoiler
    Show
    now we're closer to the temple, can we rougly estimate how many more lizards could inhabit it, leaving room for kitchen and supply areas etc?

21. - Top - End - #171
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I also have a wand of lesser vigor...who needs some and how much?

Shard busies itself by dragging the bodies out of sight and into the huts while Grimgang scouts out their next move.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

The temple is around two hundred feet across, and nearly half that in width. Depending on the size of the inhabitants and how deep it extends into the earth, you estimate it could hold anywhere from ten to thirty.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    OK, are we set on charging the poison dusks next or does someone have another idea?

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    If by charging you mean letting Shard take a different path while the rest of us sneak up on them, then yes. Sorry bud, you emit sparks and can't walk quietly to save your life. Not allowed on further stealth missions.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    problem with sneaking is - well, look on the map. There's absolutely no cover between the two sets of huts, if we want to sneak we'd have to backtrack into the jungle, go a long way counterclockwise and then emerge again out of the jungle east of the poison dusks. That takes a long time - too long - and frankly we already learned that we are no sneaky team.
    That's why my thought was to just charge over the clearing in one go. If we're lucky, nobody is on lookout in the temple in that moment, and if we're not lucky - well, we had to be noticed sooner or later, and I'm quite surprised we made it this far without alarming the whole temple yet

26. - Top - End - #176

Spoiler
    Show
    Drasil and I could both do with one charge Tek, they heal 11 per charge don't they?

Sneaking is pretty much out of the question, we probably should just charge over and mob them. If we don't make battle cries we could be ok Looks like if we double move we could be in charge range.

Player Registry

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    hm, holiday fatigue?

anyway, after Shard uses some healing on Drasil and Trunk we should just charge over the clearing and hopefully keep this game going

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

The poison dusk lizardfolk seem oddly oblivious as you charge across the clearing, only noticing your presence once you are nearly upon them. Two of them stand near a pair of large toadstools, each of which has several arrows sticking out of it within easy reach, and both fit a shaft to the string as they see you, one calling out "<Attack! Get moving, lazy bastards!>" in Draconic.

Spoiler
    Show
    Roll initiative. Party's around the intersection of the three paths; there are two poison dusks visible near the A3 mark. I'll get a proper map up after the first round when you're closer.

(1d20+2)[5]
    (1d20+3)[16]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

Grimmgang got in a ready position with the easternmost hut shielding him from potential viewers in the temple, then eyed his companions to see if they were ready. When all gave the OK, he nodded. "Let's go then."
    With surprising speed for his short legs, he ran across the clearing in one go, only stopping once the poison dusks huts were now between him and the temple. Seeing two of the poison dusks, he immediately slammed into the one failing to react in time.

Spoiler
    Show
    Antidote I drank before leaving the jungle still active

surprise round or regular round?
    Assuming full round: move adjacent, with any remaining movement used for circling so the others have more room to maneuver. Wolf Fang Strike

Axe (1d20+6)[24]
    Damage (1d10+4)[6] + (1d6)[4] Skirmish

Spikes (1d20+6)[10]
    Damage (1d6+1)[7] + (1d6)[4] Skirmish

if surprise round, partial charge instead. Use Twisted Charge if necessary to get a line. Take first attack roll and add 4(2 charge, 2 not using Wolf Fang Strike)

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

Daiya stays to the back of the group, listening for any approaching enemies so they aren't caught unawares. When she feels her allies begin to charge the lizardfolk, she steps into range and lets loose with her bow.

Spoiler
    Show
    Init:(1d20+3)[19]
    Delaying initiative if necessary to act immediately following the last of my teammates attacking.
    Attack (before firing into melee): (1d20+8)[18]
    Miss Chance (miss on total of 2): (2d4)[6]
    Damage (if striking): (1d6+3)[8]

Spoiler
    Show