New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: General Exalted Discussion: There's a God for that! Except for Sorcery, of course

Quote Originally Posted by Jokasti View Post
    Also, I guess I'll just start a new game.... Time to peruse MoEPs to see what I'm feeling like.
    A full circle of Adamant-Caste Akuma on a quest to learn Sidereal Martial Arts so they can go back in time and resurrect their fallen comrade. Along the way, they teach the Ebon Dragon the true meaning of friendship and convince the Celestines to go to group counseling in order to shake their addiction.

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: General Exalted Discussion: There's a God for that! Except for Sorcery, of course

Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
    A full circle of Adamant-Caste Akuma on a quest to learn Sidereal Martial Arts so they can go back in time and resurrect their fallen comrade. Along the way, they teach the Ebon Dragon the true meaning of friendship and convince the Celestines to go to group counseling in order to shake their addiction.
    OK, as fun an anime as that would make, I can never see myself playing that and not getting annoyed by the tongue-in-cheek premise.
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

3. - Top - End - #1263
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
    Sounds legit to me.

4. - Top - End - #1264
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki_Akuma View Post
    Why are you saving BP until you've bought everything else? That means you won't have any Essence 3 charms.
    Erm, when I said I was saving my BP what I meant was that I was not going to use them just yet, until I had finalized an end result for everything for this character, virtues, charms, all that included, then go back and decide where the BP would be best spent. I'm also not certain what you mean about meaning I won't have any Essence 3 charms, but I haven't really gotten to Charms yet, and to be honest, the vast array of options kind of scares me. I have no idea what I'm going to end up taking there.

5. - Top - End - #1265
    Barbarian in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by DragonSinged View Post
    ... I'm also not certain what you mean about meaning I won't have any Essence 3 charms, but I haven't really gotten to Charms yet, and to be honest, the vast array of options kind of scares me. I have no idea what I'm going to end up taking there.
    Many charms, especially the ones that you end up really wanting, have a prerequisite of essence 3, and the only way to get that is with bonus points. On the other hand buying up essence costs a lot of bonus point, which are often needed elsewhere. Thus the perpetual dilemma of point based systems; you never have enough points.

As for charms to take, I wouldn't worry. Pick stuff that you think looks cool. My only real recommendation is not to forget excellencies. They are easy to over look because they seem boring, but in fact they are quite useful.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
    --Will S.

6. - Top - End - #1266
    Titan in the Playground

I support this!
    I have a wrench wench solar with a warstrider beamklaive who needs an over the top game.
    Or a ten limbed alchemical...
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

7. - Top - End - #1267
    Ogre in the Playground

Pfft. I should just make an Eclipse Caste or Twilight Caste based off the 11th Doctor sometime, if we're doing expies.

Except I'm already doing a Scion based off him.

Meh. Doctor's awesome enough.

Or are we not doing expies?

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #1268
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Pfft. I should just make an Eclipse Caste or Twilight Caste based off the 11th Doctor sometime, if we're doing expies.

Except I'm already doing a Scion based off him.

Meh. Doctor's awesome enough.

Or are we not doing expies?
    If we aren't, we should be doing!
    (Needs to make a Lyn expy with Even Blade)
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

9. - Top - End - #1269
    Titan in the Playground

I've got a Kaylee expy I should be doing.
    I use black for sarcasm.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

10. - Top - End - #1270
    Titan in the Playground

I don't think you get to expy someone from something you haven't even seen.

11. - Top - End - #1271
    Titan in the Playground

As long as we're discussing possible game idea...
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormgear
    The only real way to deal with Autochthon's crippling disease is to break his fetich and dissect him, Yozi style to pull out the source of the imperfection. But then, whatever flaw is causing the Gremlin Syndrome and the Void Cancer bubbling at his heart may just be the love he has for his creations.

So ditching it may in fact be a bad idea. But then, what can be done for Auto if not that? It's surgery or death, and when a Primordial dies, bad things happen. Reality-shattering bad things!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alectai
    Pretty much, you'd need to Fetich Kill him, then extract the clauses in his Charmset that say 'If Autochthon ever suffers Fetich Death, his sickness gets even worse' before he has a chance to properly reconstruct it.

So, you basically have five days to cure Autochthon before you're dealing with the Engine of Extinction, have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormgear
    We'll need five defilers, twenty Twilights and however many Orihalcum and Starmetal castes we can salvage. The name of the game is open-Primordial surgery. Let's boogie.

(Trauma Center: Primordials is go.)
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

12. - Top - End - #1272
    Bugbear in the Playground

{TABLE]Player | ST? | Player? | Exalt 1 | Exalt 2 | Exalt 3
    Thelas | (gamesplayed>=2)?printf("Maybe"):printf("No") | Yes | Solars | Sidereals once they're fixed | More Solars[/TABLE]
    Pardon my C, it's been a while since I've used it so that's probably wrong.
    Thelas

Ambiguously aligned Domain Wizard (Divination) 9/Iot7V 7 at your service.

If I am playing in or running a game and I don't seem to be showing up, PM me. Please.

13. - Top - End - #1273
    Titan in the Playground

Or you can calcify him into something sensible and less stupid rather than a sentient Charm tree. Then you can treat him like an actual being, rather than a living Essence pool with Charms.

Until then, the only solution is to keep killing his souls one by one until you can find out which one is causing his need to evolve beyond his weaknesses.
    I use black for sarcasm.

14. - Top - End - #1274
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Thelas View Post
    {TABLE]Player | ST? | Player? | Exalt 1 | Exalt 2 | Exalt 3
    Thelas | (gamesplayed>=2)?printf("Maybe"):printf("No") | Yes | Solars | Sidereals once they're fixed | More Solars[/TABLE]
    Pardon my C, it's been a while since I've used it so that's probably wrong.
    Everyones favorite Exalt type is fixed Siddies, true story.

15. - Top - End - #1275
    Ettin in the Playground

Or (and this is a really radical idea here) you could just wake him up and get him to Creation and the Wyld and put the robocancer back into remission. I'm sure that Autochthon would prefer that he not be cut open without his permission.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

16. - Top - End - #1276
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    I'm sure that Autochthon would prefer that he not be cut open without his permission.
    Psh. As if Solars ever cared about what others think.
    I use black for sarcasm.

17. - Top - End - #1277
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Rose Dragon View Post
    Psh. As if Solars ever cared about what others think.
    They should try it just once, if only for the novelty of it.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

18. - Top - End - #1278
    Titan in the Playground

They should try it just once, if only for the novelty of it.
    Silence, you pleb! Do not presume to tell your superiors what they should or should not do!

*soulforges tonberrian into soulsteel*
    I use black for sarcasm.

19. - Top - End - #1279
    Ettin in the Playground

Silence, you pleb! Do not presume to tell your superiors what they should or should not do!

As long as I'm turned into a knife, I'd be happy.

20. - Top - End - #1280
    Titan in the Playground

As long as I'm turned into a knife, I'd be happy.
    No, you get turned into a spoon. Your children will use that spoon for breakfast, lunch, dinner and supper.
    I use black for sarcasm.

21. - Top - End - #1281
    Ettin in the Playground

No, you get turned into a spoon. Your children will use that spoon for breakfast, lunch, dinner and supper.
    The horror! The pure, unadulterated, PG-13 horror!

And the NC-17 kink!
    Last edited by tonberrian; 2011-01-07 at 10:54 AM.

22. - Top - End - #1282
    Banned

That has some... Unfortunate Implications.

23. - Top - End - #1283
    Firbolg in the Playground

As long as it's not a soulsteel marital aid. Oh, the Essence loss!

Also, one of my friends kinda wants to run a Sidereals game "buddy-cop" style.

24. - Top - End - #1284
    Titan in the Playground

Why not? Now with the power of 10 men!
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

25. - Top - End - #1285
    Troll in the Playground

See? Stuff like this is why everyone hates you Solars .

26. - Top - End - #1286
    Ettin in the Playground

*punches Drascin into Malfeas*

27. - Top - End - #1287
    Barbarian in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Hail the Solar Lawgivers! As you humble loyal servant you should know I have no plans at all of destroying you all and locking you in a Jade Prison beneath the ocean!
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
    --Will S.

28. - Top - End - #1288
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by a_humble_lich View Post
    Hail the Solar Lawgivers! As you humble loyal servant you should know I have no plans at all of destroying you all and locking you in a Jade Prison beneath the ocean!
    (uses high-Essence Investigation Charms to figure out exactly what's going on) Well, that wasn't hard at all.

29. - Top - End - #1289
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyeudo View Post
    *punches Drascin into Malfeas*
    So I'm changing a world ruled by 300 psychopathic, egomaniacal, tantrum-prone children for a world ruled by about 30 psychopathic, egomaniacal, tantrum-prone children that is also filled with demons?

...well, I guess technically it IS worse, in the way that being burned to death is worse than being shot...

30. - Top - End - #1290
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Drascin View Post
    So I'm changing a world ruled by 300 GLORIOUS, SHINING, PERFECT children for a world ruled by about 30 psychopathic, egomaniacal, tantrum-prone children that is also filled with demons?

...well, I guess technically it IS worse, in the way that being burned to death is worse than being SHOWERED IN CANDY AND MONEY...

Indeed it is much worse, and that is why no one should ever free the Yozis from their prison, where they were imprisoned by our previous incarnations in their eternal wisdom.
    I use black for sarcasm.