New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 193435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: General Exalted Discussion: There's a God for that! Except for Sorcery, of course

To be fair, at least some of the Solars actually, you know, cared about ordinary humans.

The Yozis do not.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: General Exalted Discussion: There's a God for that! Except for Sorcery, of course

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    To be fair, at least some of the Solars actually, you know, cared about ordinary humans. The Yozis do not.
    Of course some of the Yozi care about ordinary humans. They just aren't human, so the way they express their care isn't identical to the way a human would.

For instance, Adorjan expresses her caring for humans by murdering them. Sure, humans don't want that, but that's because they don't understand. It's like forcing a child to eat their vegetables when they don't want to. They don't understand how their mother can connect "I love you" and "Eat these horrible things you don't like". She has a perfectly logical reasoning, but a small child can't completely grasp it.

The mother isn't a monster for forcing their child to eat vegetables. She's just operating on a different plane of thought. So too is a Yozi operating on a different plane of thought than a human.
    Last edited by Xefas; 2011-01-07 at 05:24 PM.

3. - Top - End - #1293
    Titan in the Playground

Just because somethings operating at another level doesn't give it a free pass, though. To use your example, an insane mother might kill her children because, in her mind, it's better for them that way. The fact that she's a mother doesn't automatically make that the right thing to do to children.

Similarly, it's telling that the Primordials didn't agree on their treatment of Creation. In fact, in addition to Gaia and Auto-bot, SWLiHN was also sympathetic to the god's cause, but her nature forced her to follow he-who-became-Malfeas.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

4. - Top - End - #1294
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tavar View Post
    Just because somethings operating at another level doesn't give it a free pass, though.
    I'm not saying anything about a "free pass". Obviously, a person should do what they can to protect their interests. It's the only thing you really can do. Humans don't want to die, so they should do what they can to keep from dying - even if it means defending themselves against someone with good intentions. I'm simply stating that it would be a mistake to confuse outright malevolence with a benevolent mind that is alien to human understanding.

To quote George Carlin: "You know where the 'sanctity of life' came from? We made it up. You know why? Because we're alive. Self interest. Living people have a strong incentive to promote the idea that somehow life is sacred. The only people who care about it are the living. So the whole thing grows out of a biased point of view."

Adorjan obviously doesn't see life in the same way that humans do. And how could she? She's a Primordial, and a meteorological effect, and a concept, and an entire hierarchy of souls.

If she tries to kill you out of love, should you try to protect your self-interest in life and stop her? Yes. Is she still doing it out of unequivocal love and not any kind of hatred or malevolence? Absolutely.

Now, the Ebon Dragon. F*** that guy.

5. - Top - End - #1295
    Titan in the Playground

Poor SWLiHN, just wants things to work right, and has that massive crush on Malfeas. And poor Malfeas, nobody will leave him to dance in peace, and they don't like his rules even when he tries his hardest. And poor kimbery, even if she is a boundless reservoir of hate, she does love people so and wants them to be better. And poor Szoreny. And... You know what, I feel sorry for all the yozis. I agree they shouldn't be let out, but I feel sorry for them nonetheless.

One exception.

Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
    Oh my yes.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

6. - Top - End - #1296
    Titan in the Playground

Personally I want to five the First and Forsaken Lion a hug.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

7. - Top - End - #1297
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Personally I want to five the First and Forsaken Lion a hug.
    All of the Deathlords need hugs and mercy killings.

8. - Top - End - #1298
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DCGFTW View Post
    All of the Deathlords need hugs and mercy killings.
    All the deathlords have received one half of that already.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #1299
    Titan in the Playground

...so a hug will end their eternal unrest and let them move on? XD
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

10. - Top - End - #1300
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
    If you insist~

11. - Top - End - #1301
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jokasti View Post
    If you insist~
    Normally I'd say "Bad Jokasti" and swat you with a rolled up newspaper to make you stop/punish you. But if you actually would, the end result would be way nastier than anything I could come up with. So go ahead.

So, I'm 90% sure at this point that if I wound up in the world of exalted I'd become a cultist/akuma of SWLiHN. I find this self-knowledge disturbing.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1302
    Titan in the Playground

I'd probably work in a Maiden-run brothel.

13. - Top - End - #1303
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    I'd probably work in a Maiden-run brothel.
    No, you'd probably become a Chosen of Serenity and then seduce us all.

I have... no idea what I'd be. No Moon, maybe?

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

14. - Top - End - #1304
    Titan in the Playground

We'd all probably just be regular mortals, trying to scratch by a living in a pretty unpleasant world.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    Satomi by Elagune

15. - Top - End - #1305
    Ogre in the Playground

Nah, remember that old line about "Lore 9 in an Essence 1 body"?

someone would take interest in you if you wound up in Creation with your current knowledge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deophaun View Post
    It doesn't so much as demean the celestial monkey's existence, so much as fulfill it. Without the ability to be summoned to set off traps, retrieve objects from dangerous situations, and all and all be a party's guinea pig, the Celestial Monkey would languish in obscurity in the MM and do nothing more legendary than eat celestial bananas.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1306
    Troll in the Playground

We'd all probably just be regular mortals, trying to scratch by a living in a pretty unpleasant world.
    Well, actually, we do have some useful knowledge at our disposal. For one, we know the Immaculate Philosophy is mostly false. We know that all Anathema are not soul-eating demons, and we know exactly how to tell each variety apart.

Depending on how many hours of your life you've sunk into reading the Exalted books; we may also know how the entire structure of the cosmos works and all the supernatural beings with in. We may know the exact current and future plans of all the Deathlords and Yozi. We know the problem with the Incarnae, we know that Abyssals and Infernals are actually Solar shards and that's it's possible to cleanse both of them (Abyssals can actually do it themselves without dying - you have to actually get the Infernal shard to Lytek somehow), we know the names of all the big movers and shakers in the multiverse. We know the Sun is actually a battlestation. The list goes oooooon.

We know a **** ton of esoteric supernatural stuff. Does this qualify us for Occult 5? Do our modern-day High School+ educations qualify us for Lore 2+ (depending)? Just those are a pretty good start. Hell, we know how to read, which is something a lot of mortals would not have.

Me? If I found myself in Creation, I'd head to Lookshy (no, they'd never take me in there) Greyfalls, maybe? I'd see if my Exalted knowledge qualifies me for enough Occult to learn basic thaumaturgy. Which would be only the beginning...

See, I think the difference would be that, IRL, we live in a relatively safe, modern world. We have a lot of conveniences and we can expect to live a long, happy life. In Creation, I know that at any moment I could die a horrifying terrible death through no fault of my own. And, that, that might not be that bad of a turn for me, considering how horrifying and terrible Creation is for mortals. So, why not take risks? Why not go for the gold? Why not try to move up in the world and be a hero? The worst is that I could die. IRL, the worst is that I could die, and miss out on another 60 years of internet. Which is a risk I'm not willing to take.

17. - Top - End - #1307
    Ettin in the Playground

Heck, if you die in Creation you come back as a ghost and can now learn Charms and Celestial Martial Arts.

18. - Top - End - #1308
    Titan in the Playground

Depends on whether you mean your self as you, minus any knowledge of the Exalted world(as in one game over in the PBP area), or if you have the knowledge.

I was assuming the former, as in the Latter...well, given what we know, would you be a willing cultist of any of the Yozi? Not sympathetic, but actually trying to release them, or otherwise help them?
    Satomi by Elagune

19. - Top - End - #1309
    Banned

I would be the Scarlet empress with some gender change thing going on. For obvious reasons.

20. - Top - End - #1310
    Titan in the Playground

I would be a Dragon King, and just live out my life peacefully.

I could also teleport with division by zero.
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

21. - Top - End - #1311
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

22. - Top - End - #1312
    Titan in the Playground

O SHI-

Dragon Kings are so cool.
    I use black for sarcasm.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

23. - Top - End - #1313
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Rose Dragon View Post
    O SHI-

Dragon Kings are so cool.
    Nope.avi
    :smalltrollface:
    They actually are, though. Unlike Abyssals.

24. - Top - End - #1314
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jokasti View Post
    Nope.avi
    :smalltrollface:
    They actually are, though. Unlike Abyssals.
    Abyssals are cool, too. Cooler than Dragon-blooded, at least.
    I use black for sarcasm.

25. - Top - End - #1315
    Titan in the Playground

beh, your just saying that because the lame Abyssals are jealous that they just Solar copies and that the cool Dragon-Blooded aren't.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

26. - Top - End - #1316
    Titan in the Playground

Depends on whether you mean your self as you, minus any knowledge of the Exalted world(as in one game over in the PBP area), or if you have the knowledge.

I was assuming the former, as in the Latter...well, given what we know, would you be a willing cultist of any of the Yozi? Not sympathetic, but actually trying to release them, or otherwise help them?
    I was assuming the former as well. Though I suppose in the latter case I might consider signing on secure in the knowledge I had no power to actually effect their release, I don't think the odds are likely barring some mighty big perspective shifts.

I'd probably just go try to enlighten my essence and/or move to lookshy. Enroll in Valhawksen, serve as an engineer in the seventh legion.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1317
    Titan in the Playground

In the latter case, well, if you're part of fate, then all bets are off. You likely have a high occult/lore, which might just draw an exalted shard to you. Also, you know many things that no other being inside Creation knows, thus would give a boost to some beings. Like...that god of things only one person knows? He now knows about the Great Curse.
    Satomi by Elagune

28. - Top - End - #1318
    Titan in the Playground

In the latter case, well, if you're part of fate, then all bets are off. You likely have a high occult/lore, which might just draw an exalted shard to you. Also, you know many things that no other being inside Creation knows, thus would give a boost to some beings. Like...that god of things only one person knows? He now knows about the Great Curse.
    It. Nara-O is a it.
    I use black for sarcasm.

29. - Top - End - #1319
    Ogre in the Playground

Like...that god of things only one person knows? He now knows about the Great Curse.
    Nope. Lytek already knows, as does the Maiden of Secrets. Not to mention the Yozi and Neverborn (And their Deathlords).

Lytek: Is either trying to fix it himself, or is lazy. Depends on your opinion.
    MoS: Well, she's not telling anyone. It's her nature.
    Yozi: Hah. It's a crapshoot if they even tell their Infernals about it. Same goes for the Deathlords and their Abyssals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deophaun View Post
    It doesn't so much as demean the celestial monkey's existence, so much as fulfill it. Without the ability to be summoned to set off traps, retrieve objects from dangerous situations, and all and all be a party's guinea pig, the Celestial Monkey would languish in obscurity in the MM and do nothing more legendary than eat celestial bananas.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1320
    Troll in the Playground

I think I've found one of Isidoros' humaniform jouten.

Pompadour? Check
    So much chest hair that it distends his clothes? Check
    Phallic motif? Check (Lookit that nose )

He also punches sharks and swims by grabbing the ocean and pushing it so hard that it moves behind him. Those are a bit harder to express in a screencap, though.