New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: General Exalted Discussion: There's a God for that! Except for Sorcery, of course

So, Malfeas, Cecelyne, She Who Lives In Her Name, Adorjan, and the Ebon Dragon all walk into a bar. Malfeas claps his belt buckle and casts Unity of the Closed Fist. What happens, exactly?

Mechanically speaking, it seems like it would work, but I feel that there might be some interesting interactions, what with the newly amalgamated creature having all the charms of the component beings, and a Yozi's physical, mental, and spiritual nature being defined by the charms it possesses. Would that make it a new creature all together? For a scene, that is.

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: General Exalted Discussion: There's a God for that! Except for Sorcery, of course

BOOM.

That was the STs head exploding. Go home and come back for next week while the ST cries and tries to work it out.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Titan in the Playground

The proper question: Could it then learn heretical charms from an appropriate tutor?
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    The proper question: Could it then learn heretical charms from an appropriate tutor?
    I don't think so, even if only because it exists for a single scene, and there's no guarantee that the knowledge trained into it from one scene would carry over into the next casting, after the new being's mind has been torn into five completely different pieces, and then reconfigured back.

The more definitive answer is that part of the definition of the "Heretical" keyword is: "...The Yozi cannot learn them. Heretical charms cannot be learned by akuma or through the Eclipse anima power or its equivalents. Only Green Sun Princes can utilize these charms..."

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Titan in the Playground

A weird question: what methods are there for a mortal to change his sex, fully and functionally? Preferably permanently as well?
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

6. - Top - End - #1356
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Rose Dragon View Post
    A weird question: what methods are there for a mortal to change his sex, fully and functionally? Preferably permanently as well?
    Charms, spells, or artifacts.
    Specifically? The only thing that comes to mind immediately and without checking books is that spell that changes your body, with the picture of the girl laying down and the four armed lady thing statue.
    You know the one.

7. - Top - End - #1357
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Rose Dragon View Post
    Stone of Gender Change, Oadenol's 97.

Failing that, you could probably write up a pox that changes genders and have that applied somehow.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

8. - Top - End - #1358
    Banned

And Craft (Genesis) can canonically do it too, which shouldn't be too surprising given everything else it can do. There is also a powerful being of some kind that only wants female servants somewhere in the North, which isn't above just adapting men to be suitable. It is in the outcaste chapter of MoEP: Dragonblooded.

I imagine that a specialized Emerald Circle spell could do it as well. Really, it doesn't seem like something that is too hard if you get close to powerful enough beings.

9. - Top - End - #1359
    Barbarian in the Playground

I may just be a Chosen of Endings in real life. I'm really not, but still. I get deja vu a lot. I used to think about death a lot more than I wanted to. (Still do, but I have some control over it.) Then again, I may just be a Chosen of Battles, given my fondness for the colour red and tendency to get angry. Thoughts?

(Also, where can I find a blank Alchemical char sheet for this forum?)
    Last edited by Cyborg Mage; 2011-01-16 at 11:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Mage-King;
    Hydrogen Dioxide! It kills more people than ANYTHING ELSE! Billions are CHRONICALLY ADDICTED to it!

INCLUDING BABIES! THINK OF THE BABIES!
    Currently not doing any Let's Plays or AARs or anything, on account of being a lazy git. I'll get around to it eventually. Really.

10. - Top - End - #1360
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cyborg Mage View Post
    (Also, where can I find a blank Alchemical char sheet for this forum?)
    You mean like this?

Alchemical Character Sheet:

Spoiler
    Show
    Name:
    Exalt Type and Caste:
    Display

Motivation

Backstory

Attributes

Physical
    Strength ●
    Dexterity ●
    Stamina ●

Social
    Charisma ●
    Manipulation ●
    Appearance ●

Mental
    Perception ●
    Intelligence ●
    Wits ●

Abilities

Athletics
    Awareness
    Dodge
    Integrity
    Archery
    Martial Arts
    Melee
    Resistance
    Thrown
    War

Craft
    Ride
    Larceny
    Linguistics
    Performance
    Presence
    Sail
    Socialize
    Stealth
    Survival

Bureaucracy
    Investigation
    Lore
    Medicine
    Occult

Backgrounds

Merits

Flaws

Artifacts and Equipment

Weapon Stats:

Charms

Strength

Dexterity

Stamina

Charisma

Manipulation

Appearance

Perception

Intelligence

Wits

Martial Arts

Arrays

Join Combat: 8

Defenses
    Dodge DV
    Parry DV

Soak:

Health
    -0 [ ]
    -1 [ ][ ]
    -2 [ ][ ]
    -4 [ ]
    X [ ]

Mental Defenses
    Dodge MDV
    Parry MDV

Virtues
    Compassion ●
    Conviction ●
    Temperance ●
    Valor ●

Intimacies

Willpower

Essence
    Permanent: ●●
    Personal: x/x (0 Committed)
    Peripheral: x/x (0 Committed)

Bonus Points: 0/18 spent

Experience Points: 0/0 spent

Quote and copy from inside the quote to keep the formatting.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

11. - Top - End - #1361

Many thanks. You will be spared when Creation's population is scheduled for processing.
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Mage-King;
    Hydrogen Dioxide! It kills more people than ANYTHING ELSE! Billions are CHRONICALLY ADDICTED to it!

INCLUDING BABIES! THINK OF THE BABIES!
    Currently not doing any Let's Plays or AARs or anything, on account of being a lazy git. I'll get around to it eventually. Really.

12. - Top - End - #1362
    Titan in the Playground

So, is it just me or are Alchemicals the best generals in the setting? With very little work, I was able to build a character who could take a ragtag bunch of misfits, give them might 4 (equivalent to an army of exalts), perfect morale, drill above 5, never takes lethal casualties while the alchemical lives, and counts as whatever formation is most advantageous in all things simultaneously.

Is there something better than this out there? Apart from things which ignore mass combat. And yes, I realize mass combat is a trap, but still...
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1363
    Ettin in the Playground

So, is it just me or are Alchemicals the best generals in the setting? With very little work, I was able to build a character who could take a ragtag bunch of misfits, give them might 4 (equivalent to an army of exalts), perfect morale, drill above 5, never takes lethal casualties while the alchemical lives, and counts as whatever formation is most advantageous in all things simultaneously.

Is there something better than this out there? Apart from things which ignore mass combat. And yes, I realize mass combat is a trap, but still...
    Why do you think I revised the entire mass combat system?

14. - Top - End - #1364
    Titan in the Playground

What would the following change do for the game: have hardness apply after soak?
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

15. - Top - End - #1365
    Ettin in the Playground

As written? Almost certain immortality from anyone not dealing a gazillion raw damage.

16. - Top - End - #1366

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Kyeudo View Post
    Why do you think I revised the entire mass combat system?
    What did you do with the mass combat system? I'm now curious.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
    --Will S.

17. - Top - End - #1367
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyeudo View Post
    As written? Almost certain immortality from anyone not dealing a gazillion raw damage.
    True. Perhaps...apply it after soak from armor is applied? Might still be too much, though. Trying to make armor more useful, and maybe fix lethality somewhat.

Oh, also, how how dogmatic is Lookshy in terms of Immaculate faith regarding Anathema?
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

18. - Top - End - #1368
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tavar View Post
    Oh, also, how how dogmatic is Lookshy in terms of Immaculate faith regarding Anathema?
    Not at all. Most people of Lookshy (including most of their government) think the Immaculate doctrines are a load of hooey. Anathema are neither hunted nor shunned on principle, but they are acknowledged as powerful, willful and unpredictable individuals. If peaceful, they're usually treated very politely there.
    Rider avatar by Elder Tsofu

19. - Top - End - #1369
    Ogre in the Playground

It seems to be treated variably, actually. Two of the Exalted in Scroll of Exalts are a Mother/Daughter Dragon-Blood/Solar pair, and the fact the mother is a high-ranking Lookshyan officer and the daughter is a Zenith Caste is a big deal, and could ruin the mother's career.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

20. - Top - End - #1370
    Titan in the Playground

I thought they were anti-anathema, nominally immaculate, and pretty free about the whole matter (willing to cut deals with lunars/solars for political gain, freedom of religion, etc. etc.) when it wasn't preferable to claim dogma as justification for an advantage.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1371
    Troll in the Playground

Hm, on having looked it up, you're right. Compass of Terrestrial Directions says the 'Official' Immaculate line is looked upon as a tool of the Realm, and the version that the populace of Lookshy practices is much less dogmatic. They don't like Anathema per se, but shanking them isn't part of their religion and they're pretty practical about the whole affair.
    Last edited by Guancyto; 2011-01-16 at 11:04 PM.
    Rider avatar by Elder Tsofu

22. - Top - End - #1372
    Titan in the Playground

oh good, that'll work for a Solar character of mine, a Twilight who wants bring back the magitech of the First Age to everyone.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

23. - Top - End - #1373
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by a_humble_lich View Post
    What did you do with the mass combat system? I'm now curious.
    Take a look. Mostly got rid of the "army as pants" mechanic for now, but I plan to revise all of the Mass Combat Charms eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Tavar View Post
    True. Perhaps...apply it after soak from armor is applied? Might still be too much, though. Trying to make armor more useful, and maybe fix lethality somewhat.
    There are three things that would do alot for armor. The first is to get rid of the Piercing tag from weapons. Replace it with Overwhelming 2 if the weapon doesn't already have it. The second is to take minimum damage to 1 instead of Essence. The third is to reduce the cost of the core artifact armors down to a reasonable level.
    Last edited by Kyeudo; 2011-01-17 at 12:06 AM.

24. - Top - End - #1374
    Ogre in the Playground

I want everyone reading this to clear their mind and prepare to deliver a one word response to the description in this spoiler box. I predict that I know what your response will be.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ligier going wassailing.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your response was 'what'

I am utterly convinced that this went on every Calibration of the First Age. And also that I predicted your response correctly.
    If I creep into your house in the dead of night and strangle you while you sleep, you probably messed up your grammar.

I'm always extremely careful to hedge myself against absolute statements.

25. - Top - End - #1375
    Titan in the Playground

Mine was who.
    xD
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

26. - Top - End - #1376
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah well, can't be right all the time.

Still an awesome image, though.
    If I creep into your house in the dead of night and strangle you while you sleep, you probably messed up your grammar.

I'm always extremely careful to hedge myself against absolute statements.

27. - Top - End - #1377
    Bugbear in the Playground

whats wassailing?
    Remember: Hope springs eternal. The dark days will pass and the sun will shine again.

The best way to learn something is to ask, so ask without shame.

Many thanks to smuchmuch for the awesome Ponytar.

28. - Top - End - #1378
    Bugbear in the Playground

Abyssals are the best generals. They've got the best war tree and it's far superior to the Alchemical charisma tree. Not to mention, access to Necromancy (Build yourself a unit of Nephwracks with Hekatonkhire Heroes) and their Melee charms (Deal ridiculous damage to Mass combat units) and the best training charm in the setting...

29. - Top - End - #1379

A question for the playground which is semi-important for a character of mine, who is a ghost. The concept is that he's a blind prophet (inspired by Greek myth) who exchanged his eyes for the gift of prophecy (offer probably made by Maiden of Secrets or Endings, not sure yet). Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any methods of prophecy/divination in Exalted. Does anyone know of any that could help me out? Preferrably easy to access as a ghost. I have access to all the books, just haven't read them all yet.
    You gotta' let me know, are we human,
    Or are we dancers?
    My signs are vital, my hands are cold,
    And I'm on my knees, begging for the answer,
    Are we human, or are we dancers?

- Human, The Killers

30. - Top - End - #1380
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by IcarusWings View Post
    A question for the playground which is semi-important for a character of mine, who is a ghost. The concept is that he's a blind prophet (inspired by Greek myth) who exchanged his eyes for the gift of prophecy (offer probably made by Maiden of Secrets or Endings, not sure yet). Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any methods of prophecy/divination in Exalted. Does anyone know of any that could help me out? Preferrably easy to access as a ghost. I have access to all the books, just haven't read them all yet.
    Are you the ST in this situation?

Regardless, there's the Thaumaturgic Art of Astrology (Which is a bitch to get, but available to all), and the Alternative Divination Merit lets you change the base ritual, Compile Chart, to something more thematic, including Crystallomancy (crystals), Haruspicy (entrails), Oneiromancy (dreams), Palmistry (palm reading), and Sortilege (bone tossing).
    Quote Originally Posted by Deophaun View Post
    It doesn't so much as demean the celestial monkey's existence, so much as fulfill it. Without the ability to be summoned to set off traps, retrieve objects from dangerous situations, and all and all be a party's guinea pig, the Celestial Monkey would languish in obscurity in the MM and do nothing more legendary than eat celestial bananas.
    Spoiler
    Show