New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: General Exalted Discussion: There's a God for that! Except for Sorcery, of course

Quote Originally Posted by Toptomcat View Post
    I was still working under my 'beg GM for the MoB' assumption.
    The Mantle is a N/A Artifact, though. You need much more than begging.

Something like "promise to pay his share of the pizza for the rest of his life, even when he's not STing".
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: General Exalted Discussion: There's a God for that! Except for Sorcery, of course

I forgot about MAGMA KRAKEN!

Heheheh. But yeah, here's to hoping I'll be able to learn it eventually.

I'm pretty much all set on artifacts, so that mantle is VERY likely out of the question. Though I have an extra dot I need to spend, which I'm debating between putting into my reinforced buff jacket, or into a minor mutation or merit.

And I still need to figure out a good power for my awesome Daiklaive. I'm thinking possibly just a ranged fiery slash or something.. Though that seems bland.

Mmm, double attunement.

Edit: Should I just post up my sheet, see what you guys think of it?
    Last edited by Mattarias, King.; 2010-10-20 at 05:24 PM.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Rose Dragon View Post
    The Mantle is a N/A Artifact, though. You need much more than begging.

Something like "promise to pay his share of the pizza for the rest of his life, even when he's not STing".
    Or 'Play a God-blooded in a Celestial-tier game'. That's the sort of thing that should get you some slack cut to you.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Toptomcat View Post
    Or 'Play a God-blooded in a Celestial-tier game'. That's the sort of thing that should get you some slack cut to you.
    There is always the possibility of Exalting, though. If you give him a N/A artifact, it's like saying "no, you ain't gonna Exalt, ever".
    I use black for sarcasm.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Jokasti View Post
    Someone should make some more Elemental supplements, and a special type of spherical Yasal Chrystal that only works on Elementals.
    Exalted Pokemon, anyone?
    Oddly enough, I sent this message to my players through Facebook just the other day... (Spoilered for length.)

Spoiler
    Show
    So I'm going to pitch a new idea for an Exalted campaign at you, so tell me if you like it:

A Twilight Caste Solar has invented a device termed a "Jade Sphere of Elemental Containment", a sphere composed of red and white Jade that can hold an Elemental or other lesser spirit (such as a ghost) within. The Twilight then mass produced the spheres,and this has caused a new sport to arise. It is now considered cool and fashionable for Exalts to keep teams of up to six Elementals on their person within the spheres, and to make them fight for the Exalt's amusement. (If this is starting to sound familiar, it's supposed to.) In an attempt to diversify, thousands of Elementals were imported from Autochtonia, as a way for Elemental Trainers to have a more wide variety of types to obtain.

As an Exalt who's new to the sport, can you defeat the leaders of the 8 Dojos scattered throughout the corners of Creation? Can you defeat the 4 Immaculate Masters on the Blessed Isle itself, becoming the best the sport has ever seen? And throughout all this, can you stop the evil (insert Exalted-sounding name for Team Aqua here), led by the mad Dragon-Blood, Arch over Dark Waters, from awakening the Greater Elemental Dragon of Water and flooding all of Creation?

Yes. It's Pokémon. And Exalted. Together.
    "What is it they say about how nothing can stop the mail?"
    "Isn't it: In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall... No, wait. That's the Green Lantern Oath."
    Check out my new Deviantart!

Quote Originally Posted by Kell_tamer
    Horus, I love you so so much you magnificent Egyptian pony god man!
    Previous Avatar by Cuthalion
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

I want to play this game.

Now.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

7. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

I am scared or shocked but mostly intrigued.
    BEEP.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki_Akuma View Post
    I want to play this game.

Now.
    Quoted to indicate assent in a fashion typically accompanied with some sort of pun or random one-line thing to meet the character limit.
    Thelas

Ambiguously aligned Domain Wizard (Divination) 9/Iot7V 7 at your service.

If I am playing in or running a game and I don't seem to be showing up, PM me. Please.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

I am so cool with Exalted pokemon. You could likely capture some Wyld creatures too, for extra fun.

Sidenote, I think I'll just have my sword let me used Blessed Solar Bolt, or whatever it's called. ST said it was cool.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Urpriest View Post
    "I wanna be the very best, like Solars historically were..."
    To catch them is my real test, perfect defenses are a blur...
    I will travel across Creation, searching far and wide,
    Each Elemental, to understand, from Essence one to five...

Elementals! (Gotta catch 'em)
    It's you and me,
    I've got five points in Destiny,
    Elementals!
    Ooh, you're my Circlemates,
    In a world that's ruled by Fate...
    Our Compassion high,
    Hope our Valor doesn't make us die,
    You teach me, fill my training time,
    Elementals!
    Lord Raziere herd I like Blasphemy, so Urpriest Exalted as a Malefactor

Meet My Monstrous Guide to Monsters. Everything you absolutely need to know about Monsters and never thought you needed to ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    One of the unwritten rules of Giantitp is that Urpriest is always right.
    Trophy!
    Spoiler
    Show

original Urpriest (by Andraste)

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Urpriest View Post
    To catch them is my real test, perfect defenses are a blur...
    I will travel across Creation, searching far and wide,
    Each Elemental, to understand, from Essence one to five...

It's you and me,
    I've got five points in Destiny,
    Elementals!
    Ooh, you're my Circlemates,
    In a world that's ruled by Fate...
    Our Compassion high,
    Hope our Valor doesn't make us die,
    You teach me, fill my training time,
    Elementals!
    I... I think I love you.

In other news, if this happens, it should be able to capture Third Circle Demons too.

Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

Griffon

Wow... That'll show me for making a post real quick before I have to leave for a few hours. Anyway, I don't think I really have time to ST a pbp campaign here, so if one of you wants to borrow the idea, you have my full support/permission. And it should totally work on demons too. Makes a great analogue for the Dark-Type.
    "Isn't it: In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall... No, wait. That's the Green Lantern Oath."

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki_Akuma View Post
    I... I think I love you.

In other news, if this happens, it should be able to capture Third Circle Demons too.
    And, of course, the Kukla would be the Legendary Elemental.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

Griffon

I think it would depend on which "version" you were playing. I was going with Sapphire, but if you're going with the Kukla, you'd need to come up with Exalted-sounding names for Maxie and Team Magma.

Either one would work just as well, though.

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

I use black for sarcasm.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

Uhm, here's a question- Regarding the thread's title, why ISN'T there a god for sorcery?

...And on that note, Fire Magic seems like a good portfolio to take over, if the position's empty. (Maybe even if it's not.)

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

There's no God of Sorcery because Sorcery isn't part of Creation's actual design. Sorcery is really the domain of the Primordials - it was just hijacked by Brigid.

And "Fire Magic" as a domain makes no sense - fire already is magic. Everything is magic. Magic isn't special.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

Aaahh. >>; Well dang. Oh well. Didn't know that.

More questions! Is it possible to wear artifact armor and just not attune to it? I'm already committing 20 out of 47 motes to my sword, so.. Yeah...

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mattarias, King. View Post
    More questions! Is it possible to wear artifact armor and just not attune to it? I'm already committing 20 out of 47 motes to my sword, so.. Yeah...
    20 motes? That sword better be the Sword of Creation or something, cause no 5-dot artifact is worth committing 20 motes to. 10, at best.

And no, to wear artifact armor, you have to attune to it, because it is otherwise too unbalanced, since artifact armor is in all ways superior to non-artifact armor. Attunement is the balancing cost.
    I use black for sarcasm.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

...I find myself wanting to play a Project Exalted game.

Anyone else interested in such a thing?

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    ...I find myself wanting to play a Project Exalted game.
    ...define Project Exalted. Do we create our own Exalts or something?
    I use black for sarcasm.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry. What I mean is the Project: Exalt mentioned in the core rulebook Storytelling chapter.

Think The Slayers anime.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

Project: Exalt is a lighthearted, goofy take on the Exalted setting. Perhaps the characters are all teenagers in a Gold Faction academy or must bring a Deathlord’s incursion to a halt by finding him a worthy date for an exclusive ball in Yu-Shan. This style doesn’t take much of anything seriously and is mostly played for laughs. The Slayers anime is a good example of this style.

I see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deophaun View Post
    It doesn't so much as demean the celestial monkey's existence, so much as fulfill it. Without the ability to be summoned to set off traps, retrieve objects from dangerous situations, and all and all be a party's guinea pig, the Celestial Monkey would languish in obscurity in the MM and do nothing more legendary than eat celestial bananas.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

I don't watch anime.

Though looking at it, I don't think I'd be interested. I'm more drawn to serious games, with considerations of morality and consequences of actions that were intended to make Creation better (unless we're Abyssals) or such.

I think the only non-serious game I could really join is a game where Sidereals or Dragon-blooded actually matter.

Tee hee. Sidereals actually mattering. That's a funny joke.
    I use black for sarcasm.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

Darn.

I dunno, I just figure I'd like to play a game that doesn't take itself seriously for once.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Banned

Darn.

I dunno, I just figure I'd like to play a game that doesn't take itself seriously for once.
    KoC style Fae, anyone?

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Rose Dragon View Post
    20 motes? That sword better be the Sword of Creation or something, cause no 5-dot artifact is worth committing 20 motes to. 10, at best.
    Well, My ST and I were upgrading my 2-dot sword to a 4-dot, and from what we could figure out from Oadenol's Codex, a 4 dot artifact should need a committing of 10 motes. Myself, not being an exalt, I have to double-attune to an artifact made out of the five magical materials, hence 20 motes.

It's statline is:

Speed: 4 Defense 2
    Acc: 3 Damage: 16L/5L
    Rate: 5 Overwhelming, Piercing.
    Attunement: 10, activated: 6: Blazing Solar Bolt (ST modified, unsure on the details.)

And no, to wear artifact armor, you have to attune to it, because it is otherwise too unbalanced, since artifact armor is in all ways superior to non-artifact armor. Attunement is the balancing cost.
    Alright, good point.

I'll likely be late with my next reply, sorry about that. But.. Yeah.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

I'd just opt to save myself 10 motes and not get the bonus for the magical materials honestly. Or make it out of some handwavium jade alloy made specifically for godblooded.
    BEEP.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mattarias, King. View Post
    Well, My ST and I were upgrading my 2-dot sword to a 4-dot, and from what we could figure out from Oadenol's Codex, a 4 dot artifact should need a committing of 10 motes. Myself, not being an exalt, I have to double-attune to an artifact made out of the five magical materials, hence 20 motes.

It's statline is:

Speed: 4 Defense 2
    Acc: 3 Damage: 16L/5L
    Rate: 5 Overwhelming, Piercing.
    Attunement: 10, activated: 6: Blazing Solar Bolt (ST modified, unsure on the details.)
    That's not really a 4-dot artifact. It is a very powerful 3-dot one (possibly too powerful to exist). At 4-dot, you shouldn't get more powerful than a grand goremaul in pure stats, which this is. Instead, you should add on interesting things. This is not interesting.

Also, you only have to pay double to attune to magical material bonuses or powers too tied to the magical material associations.
    I use black for sarcasm.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Troll in the Playground

Darn.

If I was a little more confident I could pull off Storytelling via internet for a prolonged period of time, I'd totally run a sillier game.

I'm thinking Malfeas Washington High School. 9th grade would be 1st circle demons, 10th would be stronger 1st circles and weaker 2nd circles, 11th would be the stronger 2nd circles, and the 3rd circles are the seniors.

Now welcoming 50 new freshman exchange students from Creation.

Here, the Principal is the school.

Here, it takes a 5 hour trek through the desert to walk to and from school every morning and afternoon, so you have to get up at 3am every morning to make the first bell.

Here, High School (and by association, puberty) can last up to 60 years.

Here, if you fall asleep in Professor Kimbery's class, she'll make you swim laps. In Her.

Only the might of the Infernal Exaltations can prepare you for sleepless nights you'll suffer at the hands of She Who Lives In Her Name's painfully complicated grading algorithm, much less the homework itself, as well as the atomic wedgies you'll undoubtedly incur from Ligier, quarterback of the Blood Bowl team, and the mocking laughter of the cheerleading squad, the notes of which have been known to materialize into razorblades and sheer flesh from bone.
    Last edited by Xefas; 2010-10-23 at 05:18 PM.