New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Hitpoints Houserule (PEACH)

Consider these to work as addendums to the existing rules entries in the SRD or Pathfinder.

Hitpoints: Half of your hitpoint total (rounded down) is comprised of subdual hitpoints. The remaining hitpoints are lethal hitpoints. When you suffer hitpoint damage, you apply it against your subdual hitpoints first.
    Subdual hitpoints are recovered at a much faster rate than lethal hitpoints. Consult the entries related to Nonlethal Damage and Healing for a comparison.

Bloodied: You are considered bloodied when you run out of subdual hitpoints. Any hitpoint damage that is in excess of your subdual hitpoints, and any subsequent damage you would suffer, is considered lethal damage and applies against your lethal hitpoints.

I figured this mechanic could go a long way to solving the 15 minute workday problem. I don't care for the healing surge mechanic (it seems nonsensical and arbitrary in its effects), but this could serve a similar purpose in play.
    Last edited by Chrono22; 2010-10-22 at 06:53 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: Hitpoints Houserule (PEACH)

I'm rather fond of Vitality and Wound Points for that same general mechanic.

3. - Top - End - #3

Default Re: Hitpoints Houserule (PEACH)

Any time I've used that, though, it's turned the 15 minute workday into a 15 minute work week.