New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Default Re: Epic Evil: Group 2

Theda nods at Tonn, who grunts, puffs out a bit of flame, and then resumes red dragon form. Theda clambers back on and gestures to the space between her and the shoulders.

"Well, I've got enough trouble to deal with on the material plane to get sucked into this crap. And...I think that's our cue. All aboard!"

She waves a 'thank you' back in the direction of the palace, and ponders for a moment. She sends to the others telepathically.

"Back to the place B dropped us off, then? It'll be faster if we fly on Tonn."
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

2. - Top - End - #662
    Ogre in the Playground

(I assume the silence is everyone agreeing on the destination so )

As you arrive back you once again feel the pull and tear of space as you reappear into the Ante Chamber of the lord of lies.

"Congratulations, on succeeding in your task." Beelzebub sits on his throne now in the form of a great fly. "It seems your numbers dwindle however.... no matter though, the elf is of little consequence."
    "Minotaur Rouges are awesome. After all, has anyone ever told you they were mugged by a 7ft tall cow-man before?"

One Piece Manual [In the Works, Feel Free to Check it Out!]

~Married to VirgoBushin in real life on May 31, 2010~

3. - Top - End - #663
    Barbarian in the Playground

Nicos smirks.
    "I knew that already. Any chance of one of them dark boons or are you just going to send us back into the temple of Cyric again?"
    That elf...dear gods, was he trying to saboutage them? Actually, that could well have been possible, given the nature of the mess they had been plunged into.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegasos989 View Post
    Kiravonstrom: You mad son of a... I applaud you.

4. - Top - End - #664
    Bugbear in the Playground

~Iivraena Lil'kenafin~

Iivraena smirked rather proudly, very content with having been trusted with the scroll and having been able to have kept it, as he had requested, hidden until the correct time. Indeed... She merely heard repeating in her mind, now annoyed she had ever been forced to have met Ia. She supposed, however, so long as he never really dared try to intervene with her goals or, Lolth forbid, dare to harm Alakdriirn, she didn't overly care on where he was, what he did, or anything else really.

It was upon hearing Nicos suggest going back to Cyric's temple that made her snap out of her thoughts and shift her gaze upon the human. "There is one main issue with that, especially if you are hinting we go back and try to finish our interrupted mission. That issue would be that of the one key and priest missing no thanks to Ia. Without him or the key, I doubt we would be able to do much in that temple so... unless I'm on the very wrong track, amuse me with why you are suggesting this plan now of all times?" The timing especially seemed very odd and it was making her begin to question him and whether he would be the next to dare betray the group or, worse, Beelzebub. Paranoia from her heritage was definitely contributing to this though she had her reasons. After all, she wasn't overly fond of having her life almost taken away just because of one person's idiotic decision to go against one of the strongest arch-devils and she was pretty damn sure Alakdriirn agreed with her on that much.
    ~Married to Tsumeken in real life on May 31, 2010~
    Characters I'm Currently Playing::
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

5. - Top - End - #665
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

As the others disembark, Tonn quietly changes into a new form, a dragon with gleaming green scales. Theda rubs the ridges in her pit fiend forehead, hoping that the dull ache that settled there would subside. Uncharacteristically, Theda opts not to stick her mental two cents into the conversation between Nicos and Iivraena to progress...or not.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

6. - Top - End - #666
    Ogre in the Playground

Beelzebub slams a clawed hand onto his throne in a attempt to usher in silence between the party. "Cyric's powers are indeed beyond my reach but I have another target in mind." He waves a second hand to open a small mirror-like portal showing a male darkelf, cutting through swaths of orcs as he preforms almost a dance of blades among the foul host surrounding him. This is your next target... be warned that he is one of great skill and luck, he may have even found favor with one of the gods for all of his prowess and feats. Tread carefully as you move amongst those of the mortal plane to hunt him. Humans and their plots can sometimes run deeper then any demons." He dismisses the image turning back to the group. Before you leave however allow me to reward your efforts and see you returned to your full strengths." A warm glow emit from the marks placed on your body by the flies intrusions. The marks soon burst becoming white hot as is sears your skin slightly almost as if brand. Your blood boils and rises as your body is brought to the brink of overheating before you cool again, the dark power growing in you has subsided for now.

*2 levels up please*
    "Minotaur Rouges are awesome. After all, has anyone ever told you they were mugged by a 7ft tall cow-man before?"

7. - Top - End - #667
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

As the power flushes through Theda, she seems to glow for a moment, and then her eyes go dark and blank for a time. She throws back her head and gives herself over to the sensation.

"Yes, I can see how that would become addictive."

As the new challenge is presented, Theda stares at the dancing figure, memorizing his features and style.

"Interesting. So...another dark elf. Do we have a name for him? And do you need something from him, or simply seek his death?"
    Last edited by Toliudar; 2011-04-28 at 09:29 PM.

8. - Top - End - #668

~Iivraena Lil'kenafin~

Iivraena jumped slightly but merely nodded as she kept quiet, turning her attention back to Beezlebub who mentioned the next mission. Her eyes widened and she pinched some of the skin in between her thumb and index finger. "Drizzt Do'Urden?!" An insane yet sadistic smirk crossed her face. "You have no idea just how much of an honor you've given me. I'll eagerly take my leave." Even as the power surged through her body, she felt herself not caring about the slight burning sensation but rather replacing what normally would have been something close to a wince replaced by a true, sincere moan; one of the many that she intended on having leave her lips tonight too. Ideas began quickly swarming through her head as she entered her room, slamming her door and locking it. She was definitely going to celebrate tonight and would refuse to be interrupted.
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

9. - Top - End - #669

Dark power coursed through Nicos's veins like blood, it seemed. There was nothing now that could stop him. Nothing!
    He threw his head back and began to laugh like a maniac. The normally slighly unhinged but generally well-contolled sociopath seems to have thrown back his mental barriers and let all the megalomania and ego out.
    "I like this," he grinned. Some smiles, in the word of a very wise man, showed happiness. This one took it a level beyond.
    He seems to abruptly return to the smirking, but otherwise seemingly sane man that he had appeared only a few seconds ago.
    "Drizzt? I've heard tales of him, even in Impiltur. A rogue drow who loves the light? I love a free spirit. It's a pity we'll kill him," Nicos said, "May I ask how we plan to? From what I have heard, he's a clever and potent fighter. Perhaps we should take a more oblique route rather than running in and trying to cut his head off in a mess of orcs?"
    Hmm. Nicos thought. Perhaps his soul will be a good place to begin. Drizzt...didn't he have companions, other heroes of legend? They will be vengeful if we kill him. It wouldn't take too much of a nudge to put them to Impiltur with a quest for vengence angainst Beelzebub. With his power weakened, he shouldn't be so hard to topple.

Spoiler
    Show
    Would Nicos be Nicos without trying crazy things?

10. - Top - End - #670
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

"Drizzit?" Theda shrugged. The name clearly meant nothing to her. For a moment, though, her eye lingered on the swords the warrior swung. It had been a LONG time since she'd tried swinging a scimitar. Theda wondered if it was still fun.

She turned, absent-mindedly, to Nicos. And sometimes he seemed so normal. But who was she to talk?

"How to kill him? Well, is he a powerful drow wizard? Or does he mostly swing those swords around? If it's the former, I have spells to deal with spellcasters. And if the latter...well, stay out of the reach of his swords, I suppose."

11. - Top - End - #671

"Nonono, you don't understand. The man isn't just a swordsman, he is a legend. do you know, off the top of your head, how many male drow can rebel against a matron mother or a high house of Menzobeseos...Menzensosoman...Mezo-thinger, big drow city, you know, escape into the underdark, and live? One man. Do you know, of all the heroes of Abeir-Toril, who could kill the dragon Icingdeath, or single-handedly fend off an army of orc, trolls and giants? Only one man. He is not someone we will fight normally. This one, I think, will require some subtlety," Nicos smiles, his eyes seeming to sparkle with a slightly evil light.
    "He has companions, too, like heroes out of the stories. They are, however, warriors, with muscle instead of brains and Drizzt has doubtless made many enemies over the long years. Our best weapon will not be any spell or sword, Nicos pauses, seemingly for dramatic effect, and leans in toward Theda, "Our greatest weapon will be Drizzt himself,"

12. - Top - End - #672
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Theda leans in to listen conspiratorially to Nicos' explanation. She nods sagely. There is a pause. She leans back to regard her companion.

"I, um. I have no idea what that means."

13. - Top - End - #673

Spoiler
    Show
    So, how much time has passed in the far realms?
    Fighter: "I can kill someone in a turn."
    Cleric: "I can kill someone in half a turn."
    Wizard: "I can kill someone before my turn."
    Bard: "I can make three idiots kill people for me."

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Quote Originally Posted by Tsumeken View Post
    (*starts laughing* Oh my god.... you do not know what fresh Hell you've suddenly introduced do you? Oh well... here we go...)

14. - Top - End - #674
    Ogre in the Playground

Ia:
    Spoiler
    Show
    4 days.

Beelzebub looked over to Theda, shaking his head no. "All I need from him is him to be dead. Though he does own many good possessions, I am do not need them and am mainly worried that he will interfere with my plans and it is why I am asking you all to kill him."

15. - Top - End - #675

Quote Originally Posted by Toliudar View Post
    "I, um. I have no idea what that means."
    Nicos's smile grew, if possible, wider. "He is an exile from his own people, not trusted by those he protects. He does, however, see it as his duty to protect them," A note of derision entered Nicos's voice "He is weak where it counts, like a tower of cards. Take one out from underneath him, and he will fall,"
    Nicos looked to Beelzebub,
    "How dead do you want him?" Nicos grinned.
    It would seem he doesn't even want his soul. I think I have free reign here. Nicos thought.

16. - Top - End - #676
    Ogre in the Playground

"You can have him as dead as you want him. I just need him out of the way." Beelzebub looked around the room noting that the Dark elves had left and sighed, "I shall send you all to the town of Baldur's gate tomorrow, for now youmay rest and concoct your schemes."
    Last edited by Tsumeken; 2011-04-29 at 06:12 PM.

17. - Top - End - #677

Spoiler
    Show
    Is it correct to assume that it will finish after their next mission, after which they will have gone up a total 4 levels and he will have gained LA 4?
    Fighter: "I can kill someone in a turn."
    Cleric: "I can kill someone in half a turn."
    Wizard: "I can kill someone before my turn."
    Bard: "I can make three idiots kill people for me."

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Quote Originally Posted by Tsumeken View Post
    (*starts laughing* Oh my god.... you do not know what fresh Hell you've suddenly introduced do you? Oh well... here we go...)

18. - Top - End - #678
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Theda gestures for Tonn, and the two seem about to head off, like the two drow had, but she turns back to Nicos. There is still a lingering strangeness in her eyes, as if every new infusion of Beelzebub's energy is taking her further away from her humanity. For a moment she shifts back to her human form and limps over the Nicos.

"Tomorrow. Tomorrow, I think that I will kill some more people. As practice, I suppose. I do not know this Gate place, but if it is a human place, I think that I will kill some more. Perhaps you will help? And perhaps I will help with whatever you are dreaming up for this fellow with the swords."

Without seeming to move, her body changed, becoming a drow matron, elderly and severe.

"If you'd care to share..."

19. - Top - End - #679
    Ogre in the Playground

Ia:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Actually it technically depends on how fast they find Drizzt. While they will be teleported to Baldur's Gate, that doesn't necessarily mean he's there; nearby maybe but not necessarily in, say, the town square or anything. So... can't give a definite answer on that. I'm assuming the far planes move at the same speed if not a bit faster as normal time so you'll be stuck there for another 2-3 days tops.

(I'm gonna assume everyone is done talking. Nicos merely seems to be done plotting; if anything a little more subtle than Ia would who seems to be intent on pointing out things to piss off other demons. Anyways..... we'll open up with everyone walking through a portal. You will all arrive in a forest near the outskirts of Baldur's Gate. It will be night time by the way for Baldur's Gate.)

20. - Top - End - #680

"I'm not intimately familiar with the area, all I know of it are from tales. I suggest we wait and watch for a little while, then see in more detail what we can do to the drow," Nicos shrugged, "Don't make too much of a mess, please. I need to work, and it sadly doesn't work when the streets run with too much blood. Although, whatever you do, I can probably improvise.
    Nicos pauses for a second, then grins, "Actually, Theda, pehaps you will be helpful by doing that. I'll need some time to think, and check where exactly Baldur's Gate is. All I know is that it's a city far to the northwest of Impiltur,"
    Inside, Nicos was vaguely surprised. To his knowledge, he'd never seen Theda in her true form.
    Odd. I thought she'd be taller.
    He pulls out a deck of cards from one of an assortment of pockets.
    "Talis?" He smiles, not his usual smirk grown too large but the closest he'd ever get to a genuine smile. As far as Nicos and genuine can even be used in the same sentance.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm going to fiendish resistance most of my HP back tonight. That should be, new abilities included, probably bring him back to full.

Edit: Ninja'd, Tsume.
    Last edited by Kiranvonstrom; 2011-04-29 at 09:13 PM.

21. - Top - End - #681

~Iivraena Lil'kenafin~

Iivraena had woken up in a mixture of feeling some afterglow still but the more different feeling was that of literally feeling a bit sick. Sick to her stomach to be exact. She'd been putting one of hers and even Alakdriirn's hands against her head but never found a fever, making her puzzled. "So then what's....???" She shook her head, deciding the dream was more vital than the sudden illness.

After ensuring herself and Alakdriirn were both as dressed as they both were, she guided him out of the room, soon finding Beezlebub and a portal already active. It was when she gazed back to Beezelbub and the dream flashed back into her mind as she saw all the webs descinding down into all the layers. That was one mystery down but... was Lolth really sure about choosing her of all things for such a job? Besides, the more missions they headed out the stronger he was getting; time seemed to be getting less and less on opportunities to go for this... unless there was something else she was immediately forgetting about.

Probably is... may as well focus o Drizzt for now. A smirk crossed her face just from the mere thought of getting one of the most famous, or in some cases, infamous Drow as she stepped through. Thankfully, when she arrived, it was night and not the blasted morning so her eyes didn't need to do any sudden adjusting. Tapping her fingers against her hip with her right hand, she looked among the others, "Ideas on how exactly to go about this? Though I've never met the man personally, I can bet he's not directly inside. He knows better than to make such a foolish move. Even though he helps out humans, many still tend to discriminate against him as much as they probably will us once we enter inside. That being said.... should we even try to be subtle about this or just take a more direct approach to this whole situation?"
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

22. - Top - End - #682
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Theda shakes her head slightly.

"Sorry. I don't gamble."

The matron is quickly replaced by her pit fiend aspect, and she and Tonn are swiftly gone into the night.

--

The next 'morning', Theda greets her three colleagues, in the form of a graceful elf-woman holding a simple wooden staff. A big yellow-brown dog trots at her side, only the prominent gold collar marking him as Tonn. She gazes through the portal with a certain feral anticipation, flexing and extending her fingers. Theda turns to her colleagues.

"I'd noticed that the man in the pictures was using a gleaming blue sword. In case it's useful, I thought that I might give all of us a modicum of protection against the cold."

As she weaves the spell, her eyes are drawn back to the portal.

"I don't suppose any of you have been to this Baldur's Gate place before?"

--

Once through the portal, Theda looks around long enough to confirm that no one is about to jump them, then begins casting a complex spell.

Spoiler
    Show
    Since this seems to be becoming a regular working relationship, Theda has created a planar bubble of Lamannia in her room. This morning, while there, she has cast the following on herself (all shared with Tonn), using the bead of Karma to get CL 28.
    Aspect of the Wolf
    Barkskin
    Energy Immunity (electricity)
    Foresight
    Hawkeye
    Heart of Air, Earth, Fire, Water
    Magic Fang, Greater
    Owl's Insight
    Resistance, Superior
    Shapechange
    Speak with Animals

Before she leaves her room, she wildshapes into a greater air elemental (so if the shapechange goes away, that's the form she'll be left in.

Theda is currently shapechanged into a nymph (with the blinding gaze turned off), and Tonn is in the form of a Blink Dog. She is casting Lay of the Land:
    Spoiler
    Show
    LAY OF THE LAND
    Divination
    Level: Bard 4, druid 4, ranger 1
    Components: V, S, F/DF
    Casting Time: 3 rounds
    Range: Personal
    Target: You
    Duration: Instantaneous
    You cast this spell and are surrounded with
    a nimbus of green light. In your mind, a
    map unfolds of the surrounding area, showing
    the cities, hamlets, and known ruins as
    if penned by a cartographer. The light fades
    but the knowledge of the map remains.
    You instantly gain an overview of the
    area around you. Lay of the land gives
    basic information relevant to major
    landmarks, such as rivers, lakes, and
    settlements (of at least hamlet size). It
    indicates the direction and distance to
    each from the current location. You have
    a good understanding of the terrain up
    to 50 miles from your current location.
    Unlike find the path, this spell does
    not give information on traps, passwords,
    or impediments to a journey.

23. - Top - End - #683

"Don't gamble? That's like not living," Nicos grumbles good-naturedly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nicos appears much the same as he always has in the 'morning' although a couple of the badly-healed scars he has been sporting these past few days are gone, and his armor and cloak seem to have been cleaned. He is, unsurprisingly, smirking.
    "Thanks for the protection, although I think my pact protects me to some degree," Nicos says, in response to Theda's blessing. He inclines his head to Iivraena, "Subtlety, definitely. We should probably get more information about his habits before we move on him. Then we can work on what to do. I already have some ideas, though,"
    He waves a hand over face, and his features seem to slowly change into those of a large, armored man with an upturned nose and curly blonde hair. He looks around for a second, then turns to Theda.
    "Do you still have one of those swords from the cavern, preferably something without a curse on it?" He says, with a slight smile.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Paladin time! Nobody questions paladins of Torm.
    Oh, and Nicos registers as LG, if it's important.

He steps jauntily through the portal after hopefully recieving a sword.

24. - Top - End - #684
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Theda mouths the word "swords", her eyes losing focus for a moment as she tried to recall what Nicos was talking about. Comprehension dawns.

"Ah! Of course. Only two days ago, but it seems like so much more."

She rummages for a while in a small bag dangling from the dog's collar, pulling out a larger-than-the-bag steel sword. She turns to offer it, hilt first, to Nicos.

"Who knew how well we could clean up. Which reminds me..."

Theda turns to Iivraena.

"Are you going to be all right as you look? On some worlds, the drow have done little to endear themselves to other races."

25. - Top - End - #685

~Iivraena Lil'kenafin~

Iivraena bows her head upon feeling Theda giving all of them protection. She almost scoffs upon hearing a, to her at least, silly question but merely shakes her head no. "Prior to this escapade of sorts, I had never dreamed of ever going above ground. Never had a reason to leave Menzoberranzan." She frowned upon seeing Nicos change then looked at herself and Alakdriirn, trying to figure out if she should assign themselves a "role" of sorts as she had no real way to alter her appearance. Though maybe... that might not be necessary. "How good of an actor are you, Nicos? I think I might be getting an idea that would greatly assist you with your new role you seem to be getting ready to play out... but I want to know the answer to that first."
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

26. - Top - End - #686

"This is one of those worlds. Trust me, I'm a native, and, judging by your hopes of killing Drizzt, so are you. In case you forgot, your race tends to be a lot of self-absorbed, arrogant idiots who can't bargain for crap, present company possibly included," Nicos or, perhaps, 'Sir Davos Sphaerideon' says, taking the sword. He awkwardly swings the sword about and sheathes it.
    I should be fine if I don't try to swing it around. It's just that a short sword, lacks a certain...length for paladins.
    "How good of an actor am I? Let's just put it this way, I wouldn't be working with you know if I wasn't a better actor than the finest on stages across Abeir-Toril,"

Spoiler
    Show
    +42 bluff, rerolled if I'm impersonating a person, which, for our purposes, Sir Davos could certainly be.
    Last edited by Kiranvonstrom; 2011-04-29 at 11:15 PM.

27. - Top - End - #687

~Iivraena Lil'kenafin~

Iivraena nodded, smirking as she went on to explain, "Very well then. Say you found us outside Baldur's Gate and that because of the sudden appearance of us, you have reason to believe that others may be nearby. Just slowly work your way up to getting to see if Drizzt was, or better yet is, around. I have my own secret weapons I keep in handy should you need to make this look convincing... I'll just need to get it ready before this act begins. What do you say? You up for it, Mister Paladin?"
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

28. - Top - End - #688

"Sir Davos is always ready," Nicos says, miraculously managing not to crack up at the sheer insanity of that statement. Nicos's eyes seem to focus on something in the distance as he plots out Davos's character, basing his mannerisms after old abbot Davos. Used to be a knight, didn't he, old Davos?
    Okay, so, fair maiden with male friend, found them on the side of the road, I'm a paladin, so I think the best of people. My view on them is that they're probably young lovers, I'm a nice (Ha!) guy, so I'm going to try and help them. Hmm...why am I in Baldur's Gate? I bring a message for Drizzt Do'urden...I'll need paper, preferably with an official seal. The contrats should do, they won't look too closely at them if I brandish them in an official manner. That should do nicely. So who's the nymph to me? Hmm, a guide, doesn't speak common... that will work...
    Nicos suddenly refocuses, and looks at Theda.
    "Okay, Theda, if anyone asks, you're a guide, just nod, you don't speak Common. We'll use the hivemind, and I'll send you phrases in Chessentan to use," Nicos's eyes begin to sparkle with a kind of manic spark. He always felt most alive when he was on the hunt.

29. - Top - End - #689

~Iivraena Lil'kenafin~

Iivraena nodded again, looking up for a bit before looking back to Nicos, "Aside from the obvious props which are some forms of restraints, what else are you going to need? It'd look weird, after all, for you to guide two Drow without some sort of binding. I'd give you one of my sets save for the fact I didn't get the chance to grab any before being teleported away so unless you have some sort of rope or something else, I'm not exactly sure how to make this look convincing." It only seemed to make sense that she hear all the details as she would be quite the big proportion of this plan and thus would need to all that may or may not occur so she could figure out things to expect and whatnot.
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

30. - Top - End - #690

Okay, perhaps a change of plans is in order. I thought they were changing shape for some reason. They are my psrisoners, then, and I'm gong to drop them off at the nearest watchouse. Paladin, shmuck who follows the law to the letter and the spirit...that should do. I can ad lib, as long as I keep my story straight.
    Nicos pulls a coil of rope seemingly out of nowhere.
    "Will this do?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    50ft hemp rope. You can never have enough rope.