New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Default Re: Epic Evil: Group 2

Theda hungrily follows the first man upstairs, noting carefully whether any of them seemed armed. She trots into the room once he unlocks it, swaying over to the window to take a deep breath, and let the view of her from behind distract the three men as they enter the room. At a mental command from Theda, Tonn curls up by the door.

Theda sends to Iivraena, Alakdriina and Nicos.

"Excellent work. This shouldn't take long. Unless they manage to raise an alarm, in which case killing everyone could take a few minutes."

Theda turns to smile at the three men in what she hopes will pass as a fetching manner, as she slides a strap of her dress off of her shoulder.

"So, boys. You like what you see?"

With a thought, she releases the full might of the beauty of her form, and takes a second to enjoy the moment.

"Tonn, sticky-ropey!"

In a blink, both Theda and Tonn turn into tall cones of nastiness, and extrude sticky strands of special nastiness. Strands lash out at the three men, trying to yank them off their feet.

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting with a free action to reinstate Theda's nymph aura of blinding beauty. All three men make a fort save DC 20 or are blinded.

Free action for both Theda and Tonn to turn into Ropers, blocking the door and window.

Tonn strands grab at the man closest the door until he falls, and then starts on the next figure. He bites at one of them.
    Strand 1: Touch attack: (1d20+26)[29] Fort DC 21 or he takes (2d8)[8] strength damage.
    Strand 2: Touch attack: (1d20+26)[31] Fort DC 21 or he takes (2d8)[12] strength damage.
    Strand 3: Touch attack: (1d20+26)[44] Fort DC 21 or he takes (2d8)[6] strength damage.
    Strand 4: Touch attack: (1d20+26)[32] Fort DC 21 or he takes (2d8)[9] strength damage.
    Strand 5: Touch attack: (1d20+26)[38] Fort DC 21 or he takes (2d8)[16] strength damage.
    Strand 6: Touch attack: (1d20+26)[31] Fort DC 21 or he takes (2d8)[11] strength damage.
    Bite: (1d20+31)[40] Damage: (2d6+21)[29]

Theda does the same with the man nearest her, switching targets to the next man if and when the first target falls helpless.

Strand 1: Touch attack: (1d20+31)[37] Fort DC 21 or he takes (2d8)[5] strength damage.
    Strand 2: Touch attack: (1d20+31)[42] Fort DC 21 or he takes (2d8)[8] strength damage.
    Strand 3: Touch attack: (1d20+31)[50] Fort DC 21 or he takes (2d8)[15] strength damage.
    Strand 4: Touch attack: (1d20+31)[38] Fort DC 21 or he takes (2d8)[13] strength damage.
    Strand 5: Touch attack: (1d20+31)[45] Fort DC 21 or he takes (2d8)[8] strength damage.
    Strand 6: Touch attack: (1d20+31)[47] Fort DC 21 or he takes (2d8)[12] strength damage.
    Bite: (1d20+36)[56] Damage: (2d6+24)[32]
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

2. - Top - End - #722
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    In case it's relevant, crit confirmation on Theda's bite: (1d20+36)[55] Damage: (2d6+24)[33]
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

3. - Top - End - #723
    Ogre in the Playground

Theda:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+2)[5]
    (1d20+2)[10]
    (1d20+2)[11]

All three men gasp, taking a breath but it's a second too late. Two of the men are effortlessly pulled forward by your strands, struggling against them and trying to turn their bodies to run, which only makes them even more entangled. The last man manages to reach the door before being ensnared. He holds on for dear life only to let go as soon as Tonn (or Tonn's form) can be seen. He tries to let out a scream but is dead before it can escape his lips as are the others, now nothing more than pools of blood and hunks of meat.

Nicos:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you start detecting magic, you do detect quite a bit of it in the bar. Behind the counter there appears to be some sort of object that the bartender is using to continuously fill the tankards. In the corner of the room, sitting by himself, is a lone hooded figure. Two slight glows of magic at his sides, indicating weaponry, as well as something around his right hand. Maybe a glove? Nothing else on him seems to be magical. However, he seemed to be scanning the room, per se, every once in a while though trying not to let on what he was doing. Ignoring that, though, your magic finally passes over towards Iivraena and the sun elf whom apparently she'd been (and still is) talking to. It might have bothered you about how the timing had seemed too perfect. Him leaving the scene just as you arrived and now mucking things up, as it were. You have to shield your eyes a bit (or at least fight the urge to) as it seems the elf's body is enveloped in a glowing blue light from his shoes to his bracers, his hat, the feather within it, and even his face. Everything he seemed to wear was magical. The brilliance was astonishing.

Iivraena:
    Spoiler
    Show
    A smile ... no, not a smile, a grin, a smirk... outright joy. This is the expression on the elf's face. He chuckles a bit, backing away before speaking, "Tempting as that may sound, madam, I've heard of your kind and that most of your suitors who enter your web don't make it back. So please pardon me if I seem a tad anxious at your proposal. 'Tis merely self-defensive, I assure you." He takes a look over at Alakdriirn before continuing, "Plus, I don't think your little doggy takes to me very nicely. Perhaps, you could give him a biscuit or a milk bone to calm him down."
    Last edited by Tsumeken; 2011-05-06 at 05:31 AM.
    "Minotaur Rouges are awesome. After all, has anyone ever told you they were mugged by a 7ft tall cow-man before?"

One Piece Manual [In the Works, Feel Free to Check it Out!]

~Married to VirgoBushin in real life on May 31, 2010~

4. - Top - End - #724
    Bugbear in the Playground

~Iivraena Lil'kenafin~

Iivraena took her turn to chuckle, her own smirk growing wider as she shook her head no upon hearing his words. "There is a keyword in that sentence you just said. Most. I am... not most. After all, why am I above ground if that were a lie? Have you not thought about that? Though I did bring more than some of my attitude from below with me, I do have some manners when I feel they're needed." As he expressed concern about Alakdriirn, she glanced over, gave a slight "Hmph" before looking back to him, "He does what I say or not say; simple as that. Otherwise.... well, he knows what happens. So.... what do you say this time? After all, it appears your body has already pretty well given up considering the look on your face is nothing less of pure ecstasy." She took another step forward as he backed away, this time her right hand landing gently on his right shoulder, dragging her fingernails ever so slowly across his shoulder. Another smirk crossed her face as her lips found his right ear again. This time as she whispered, she lowered her voice even more so. As she spoke, she allowed her nails to slowly, sensually drag from his shoulder to his collarbone, back up again and repeat, "I know they say two is company and three is a crowd... but have you ever tested that theory out? I know I've wanted to."

Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy: (1d20+24)[28]
    *makes mental note to never use the dice roller again so damn early in the AM* Ugh.....
    Last edited by VirgoBushin; 2011-05-06 at 05:49 AM.
    ~Married to Tsumeken in real life on May 31, 2010~
    Characters I'm Currently Playing::
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

5. - Top - End - #725
    Barbarian in the Playground

Nicos glanced toward Iivraena and rolled his eyes. You should never take your eye off the ball. It just doesn't do. Not to mention only for physical pleasure. Waste of time and effort. Nicos thought to himself, then sent her a rather exasperated message through the hivemind.
    Iivraena. Lil. Kekafin. Stop thinking with your libido and engage a bit of paranoia. The man is glowing like a firefly with magic. And strong magic, too. If you must, stop laying it on so hard, you're making me retch.
    Sighing, he walked over to the corner occupied by the hooded man, muttering something about idiotic slacking elves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegasos989 View Post
    Kiravonstrom: You mad son of a... I applaud you.

6. - Top - End - #726
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Theda looks around the room with a certain satisfaction. Finish the job first, then come back if the opportunity permits. At a nod, Tonn resumes his blink dog form, wagging his tail raffishly and stooping to lick at some of the blood. She resumes her nymph form and steps nimbly around the pools of blood and out the door of the room, with Tonn trotting behind.

In the hallway, Theda paused to boost her already significant animal fury. Then, looking just as flushed as she really was, she repressed her blinding aura and headed downstairs. Hmm. There was Iivraena, chatting up that elf. And smirking Nicos. She sent to all of her companions through the hivemind as she paused at the bottom of the stairs.

"All right then. I may begin?"

7. - Top - End - #727

~Iivraena Lil'kenafin~

Iivraena ignored all of Nicos' mental message... until she heard her house name mentioned, making her gaze shift over to him a bit then go back to the elf. However, this time, she did reply to him, First off, who the hell are you to order me around? Second, I can see and feel that much as Lolth can now see what I can and the feeling of magic is definitely there, yes. I do realize that, I am no fool. However, like I was trying to hint to you in the inn earlier, sun elves are even rarer than us, especially in the Faerun area. I'm willing to bet there's more than meets the eye with this supposed "sun elf". Also, how do you know my surname? I never spoke that to anyone.... only my first. Now then... unless you have something more useful to say, GO AWAY! And then Theda spoke.... but at least her message was more simple and direct, making her sigh out of relief before she nodded and got back to that one, As far as I can tell, yes. Mind you, I'm not in the bar now but I'm not too far away so from what I can gather... go for it.
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

8. - Top - End - #728
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Theda looks around the bar. Actually, it had a charm to it. Perhaps she wouldn't destroy the bar...just the occupants. Theda sends to Nicos.

"And you, Nicos? You've had your drink, and are ready to go? The interior of this place is about to become much less hospitable?
    "

Spoiler
    Show
    Virgo - sorry for the confusion about locations. Thanks!

9. - Top - End - #729

Spoiler
    Show
    Oop, sorry about that Virgo. I'd forgotten about that.

Just a suggestion. No need to try to bite my head off. He returns to Iivraena through the link. It would probably be far to difficult to get the elf to set aside her drive for a little while. Well, look. There's an interesting creature! How's about we [expletive] its brains out? That seems like a good idea, never mind that it might get me killed, then antagonize an archdevil, preferably in that order. No, go on ahead with this, I don't mind.

He switches to Theda. I think he might be here, actually. This could be good. Go ahead. Nicos pulled a small crystal dagger half out of its sheath, then returned it. He smiled. This was almost too easy.
    Last edited by Kiranvonstrom; 2011-05-06 at 05:39 PM.

10. - Top - End - #730
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Theda frowns slightly.

"What? Which one is he? If he's here, it would make much, much more sense to target him directly. And if he's not here, you may not want to be either. I may not be able to exclude you from the effects."

11. - Top - End - #731

Man in the corner, with the cloak. I don't know if it's him though, it could just be a dime a dozen adventurer. He spent back.

12. - Top - End - #732
    Ogre in the Playground

Nicos:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The hooded man sighs as he takes a sip from his drink. "I know the type and I've dealt with those type before. I'd hoped to get away from them sometime ago." He looks over in the direction of the elves as he puts his drink down.

Iivraena:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Oooh an adventerous one. I must say that is quite an offer."He stops and frowns, sighing. "Sadly, my companion has signaled our time to go. It's unfortunate but perhaps we'll meet again down the lane, my dear." He nods towards you as he begins to walk away.
    "Minotaur Rouges are awesome. After all, has anyone ever told you they were mugged by a 7ft tall cow-man before?"

13. - Top - End - #733

~Iivraena Lil'kenafin~

Iivraena completely ignored Nicos this time, her focus remaining only on the elf. She wasn't about to be bossed around now, not when no one else prior to now save perhaps Beezlebub and Lolth were the only two people to ever give her orders. She, too, frowned as the elf mentioned he had to head off. "Work always seems to be what ruins fun, hm? Well then.... allow me to give you something before we both head off as I, too, need to get going soon also."

Grabbing his right arm, she pulled him close, not allowing him nor Alakdriirn much, if any, reaction time as she leaned forward and gave him a soft, sensual nip at the side of his neck. As she slowly pulled away, she gave him one last smirk before heading off, murmuring to him in Elven, "I definitely look foward to seeing you soon, sweetie."

After managing to find an alley to hide within, she re-established her connection with both Nicos and Theda, "Alright... I'm done for now. Theda, commence onward with your self-indulging when you're ready. Mine will have to wait it seems. And Nicos... the suggestion is appreciated. However, I'm not stupid nor easy to catch off guard. It's why I have my own weapons and spells so please refrain from interfering next time...."
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

14. - Top - End - #734

"You and me both," Nicos sits down next to the cloaked man, "Sadly, I think those types comprise half the world, now,"

Odd. He seems to have breached our hivemind. Nicos thought to himself, secure in the protections he had placed on his mid when he had discovered such things were possible.

15. - Top - End - #735
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Theda manages a slight nod, and sends a quick message to Nicos and Tonn.

"Right. Close your eyes NOW."

As she did up in the room, Theda briefly reinstated her blinding aura for a moment. Then reality flickers for a moment, and both Theda and Tonn change and grow.

"I am becoming death, destroyer of worlds."

Tonn grows into a swirling cloud that forms into an even more tightly swirling cone. The cone sweeps through the room, flinging people all over the place and gathering most of them into himself.

Theda strides over towards the hooded figure, growing upward into an inky lump of a pseudo-humanoid shape, and slams a fist down at the man's head.

Spoiler
    Show
    So, as usual, a bit complicated.

Theda starts by turning on her Blinding beauty aura. Everyone except Tonn (and Nicos, assuming he does what he's told) makes a DC 20 fortitude save or be permanently blinded).

Tonn uses a free action to shapechange into a greater air elemental. He transforms into a whirlwind and uses a move action to sweep through all the spaces in the tavern except those occupied by Theda and Nicos, picking up everyone he can. Everyone makes a DC 25 reflex save or is picked up and carried in the whirlwind. Even if not picked up, they take (2d8)[10] of bludgeoning damage. If Tonn doesn't manage to pick up the hooded figure, he'll end his movement at the base of the stairs. If he does pick up the hooded figure, he ends his move adjacent to Theda.

Theda shapechanges into a Nightwalker. Everyone seeing her needs to make a DC 27 will save or be paralyzed with fear for (1d8)[4] rounds.

If the hooded figure is trapped in Tonn's whirlwind, Theda will unleash a full attack. Otherwise, she'll walk over to make a single slam attack.
    Slam 1: (1d20+46)[63] Damage: (2d6+30)[36]
    Slam 2: (1d20+46)[50] Damage: (2d6+30)[39]

16. - Top - End - #736
    Ogre in the Playground

Theda & Nicos:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Reflex Saves:
    (1d20+6)[23]
    (1d20+5)[12]
    (1d20+22)[28]

Fort Save:
    (1d20+8)[21]
    (1d20+2)[18]
    (1d20+18)[25]
    (1d20+16)[18]

(Well... I can't really do anything thanks to your paralyze though I thought it was more of a gaze than an aura. Also it's probably since I have a 3.0 MM and this is a 3.5 link you provided as to why they have more HPs and their gaze curses, not paralyzes. On that note though, if it's more a gaze than an aura, the only people probably looking at you and making your gaze are those in the bar. Disregard the last roll on the Fort saves as you technically aren't looking at the doors of the bar since you walked over to and attacked the hooded figure, I'm pretty sure that's where your gaze is centered, which puts your back a bit towards the door. Another post coming up.)

Nicos:
    Spoiler
    Show
    He didn't read the hivemind... you'd been murmuring about stupid, idiotic elves. He merely heard you. Wanted to clarify that much.

Iivraena:
    Spoiler
    Show
    A loud crash is heard from the bar as the man you were speaking to frowns. "Always something, always something. It's becoming quite the bother." He rushes off towards the commotion while flicking his wrists a few times, daggers appearing in his hands as he rushes into the bar (this is after the whirlwind so he'll still have to make the fear save).
    Last edited by Tsumeken; 2011-05-07 at 12:41 AM.

17. - Top - End - #737
    Ogre in the Playground

An elf with bronze skin (the sun elf) bursts in through the doors after a majority of the commotion has passed (your whirlwind attack and the initial switch to a nightshade). He holds two daggers, one in each hand, as he flings them at the nightshade. "Sorry there dearie but I can't have you doing that to my partner." Even as he throws knives, he flicks his wrists, causing two more to appear in his hands. A second flick on his right seems to enlarge the size of the knife to that of a longsword as he holds it.

Spoiler
    Show
    To hit rolls:
    (1d20+26)[33]
    (1d20+21)[31]

Damage:
    (1d4+4)[5]
    (1d4+4)[7]

18. - Top - End - #738

~Iivraena Lil'kenafin~

Iivraena frowned as she heard the commotion coming from the inn. Aren't Nicos and Theda still there? Crap... now what indeed... With her own annoyed sigh escaping her lips, she ran after the elf and found a good portion of the inn destroyed already. Her gaze went down for a bit as she noted Theda was now an undead but then noted she wasn't turned towards her or the elf just yet, meaning hopefully she had time.

What made her rage increase was seeing that his partner, apparently, had been in the bar and thus this meant they would have to fight. "I'm sorry too. Truly I am.... but I've got the same reasoning as you, save those are my... co-workers you could say." Her gaze went, once again, to the elf as she pulled her rapier slowly out. "I doubt you're going to stop attacking even if I asked nicely... so I'll just give you something else to go for..." With that, she swung her blade at the sun elf.

Spoiler
    Show
    To hit rolls:
    (1d20+24)[41]
    (1d20+19)[25]
    (1d20+14)[20]

Damage rolls:
    (1d6+7)[9]
    (1d6+7)[12]
    (1d6+7)[9]
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

19. - Top - End - #739

Spoiler
    Show
    In fairness, most of what Nicos has been saying sounds like that could have been the response. It was ambiguous in that way, due to the circumstances, and Nicos chose to be safe rather than sorry.

Nicos closes his eyes at Theda's request, although it doesn't seem to be enough to delay the onslaught hitting him. At least, something must have hit him, because Davos fell to the floor, clutching a chest wound. Wait, punches don't create wounds like that. More's the pity, really. I suppose I can't correct it now.

Above the sun elf's head, a short, long haired man seemed to have come into existance apparently out of nowhere, holding a massive pair of knives in his hands. Mid jump, Nicos smirked. I love being me.
    Then the slashing began.

Spoiler
    Show

Nicos uses Flee the Scene to create a duplicate of Sir Davos, who then dies as the major illusion created by the invocation, with appropriate gurgling noises, of course. Nicos then dismisses the alter self, after Flee the Scene's dimension door puts him directly over the sun elf's head, who he then attacks. As he is flanking with Iivraena, deceptive attack is then active. Nicos's first attack is a hideous blow.
    To hit:
    (1d20+27)[46]
    (1d20+22)[39]
    (1d20+17)[22]
    (1d20+17)[34]
    (1d20+12)[14]

Damage:
    (15d6+1)[56]
    (3d6+1)[8]
    (3d6+1)[17]
    (3d6+1)[8]
    (3d6+1)[12]

Let me know if I miss anything, but I think that about covers it...

20. - Top - End - #740
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Theda glances over at the sun elf as he dashes back and tosses the knives at her, and they bounce off.

"Don't worry about your partner, 'dearie'. You have plenty of problems of your own."

Abruptly, the wind stops, and instead an appalling black goo spreads over the floor...which the people who had been caught up in the whirlwind now fall into. A strand of the goo reaches up and grabs at the hooded figure to hold him in place.

Theda decided that while sometimes it was fun to branch out, the risk of harming her colleagues with her gaze was too great. She shrank down somewhat, and the inky winged humanoid form became...a red-scaled winged humanoid form, as she resumes the somewhat familiar pit fiend shape. She tore into anyone not already dead.

Spoiler
    Show
    Tonn turns into an Elder Black Pudding, under where the people in the bar are suspended. If any aren't already a dead He tries to grapple the hooded figure:
    Attack: (1d20+38)[46]
    Slam damage: (2d6+30)[38]
    Acid damage: (3d6)[8]
    Opposed grapple: (1d20+38)[53]

Whichever of the hooded man and the sun elf are still breathing at this point become the target for Theda's full attack:

Claw 1 attack (1d20+48)[55] Damage: (2d8+22)[31]
    Claw 2 attack (1d20+48)[68] Damage: (2d8+22)[37]
    Wing 1 attack (1d20+43)[47] Damage: (1d6+12)[16]
    Wing 2 attack (1d20+43)[53] Damage: (1d6+12)[16]
    Bite attack (1d20+43)[44] Damage: (4d6+12)[33] and Poison DC 30 or take (1d6)[6] con damage
    Tail attack (1d20+43)[55] Damage: (2d6+12)[22] and opposed grapple check (1d20+52)[53]

21. - Top - End - #741
    Ogre in the Playground

Nicos:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm confused... what chest wound? The daggers were thrown at Theda when she was in her nightwalker form.. it even says so.

Theda and others:
    Spoiler
    Show
    There were some people still alive aside from the elf and hooded figure as they fall to the ground, or black pudding rather, and begin to get absorbed. From your initial attack on the hooded figure, you can see he is a human male now with very pale skin, a bit of a scruffy beard, and black hair. He looks very defiant even in his paralyzed state as if trying to will himself to move. Your (Theda's) new form's attacks strike him as your tail wraps around his midsection (since that's where most tails wrap around and there was no specified location) not only holding him but locking his weapons in his sheaths. That's when you feel it.... a sudden tug, almost as if the presence of a true demon were there. Apparently, your tail has touched something rather wicked. The sword at the man's side. In your head, you hear a voice (everyone does technically since it's Hiveminded), Well well well.... I haven't fed on someone in so long. Let's see how much you can satisfy me.

(Will save please, Theda dc 27)

On the opposite side of the bar [Iivraena/Nicos mainly]:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nicos and Iivraena's initial attacks hit but after a slight taste of pain, the elf flips away from them. "Huh... we seem a little outmatched here. No time for dallying." He reaches up to his hat, pulling out a small cloth circle and throwing it down to his feet. A hole opens up underneath him as he falls into the basement, grabbing the hole on his way through and pulling it up.
    Last edited by Tsumeken; 2011-05-07 at 09:32 PM.

22. - Top - End - #742

~Iivraena Lil'kenafin~

Iivraena blinked, looking around upon hearing a new voice in her head. Was it the human? No.. it sounded more... demonic which, unless, he could shift like Theda, probably wasn't him that meant. Shaking her head, she turned back only to see the elf pull a hole out from underneath his hat, toss it down and disappear, making her scoff and smirk simultaneously. "Help Theda out... I should be able to track him easy. Besides, he's only one person and I'm technically two." She nodded to Alakdriirn to indicate the second person before looking back down towards the floor.

Tightening her grip on Alakdriirn's leash, she focused on activating her helm, smirking more as she appeared in what she assumed to be the basement, figuring if he'd jumped down he should be here also. "Sorry sweetie but it's gonna take a lot more than a mere magic trick to get away from me." She taunted, allowing her good eye to begin gazing around while she looked out for him in case he was hiding nearby.
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

23. - Top - End - #743
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Theda will save: (1d20+40)[41]

Edit. Uh oh.
    Last edited by Toliudar; 2011-05-07 at 09:32 PM.

24. - Top - End - #744
    Ogre in the Playground

Theda:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You feel a slight burning sensation ... not on your skin but rather in it. It feels like you're burning from the inside, especially your head and face. You can feel your life being pulled away from you as the sword is trying to destroy you. (However, a Reflex save (DC 29) will save you if you drop him now. The claw does not like being touched... it isn't user friendly at all without proper protection.)
    Last edited by Tsumeken; 2011-05-07 at 09:50 PM.

25. - Top - End - #745
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Theda reflex: (1d20+26)[45]

Theda jerks her tail away from the hooded figure.
    Last edited by Toliudar; 2011-05-07 at 10:09 PM.

26. - Top - End - #746
    Ogre in the Playground

Inside the inn:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The paralyzed man falls to the floor with a thud, an annoyed look on his face at his inability to still move. Others in the inn let out silent cries as they begin melting into the pudding's body. There is a flash of blue light as the hooded figure disappears.

Below the inn:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You see the elf. He doesn't even look like he was trying to hide as he looks up at the floor and turns a ring on his hand. He seems to be talking to himself as he does so. "Come on... can't have you dallying as well." There is a flicker of blue light as suddenly the paralyzed man appears in front of him. "There you are! Come along my friend! We have other places to go than here." It is at this moment he notices Iivraena had followed him. "Ahhh.... why must I be so attractive? It's a curse, truly it is. If you don't mind, dearie, we're going to be leaving about now."

Alakdriirn stands rigid for a second before shaking his head. It is then that a crossbow is felt at his back as a deep voice begins speaking, "Hmph.... your dedication to your mistress is commendable. Truly, you are of a high level crop." A tall slender elf with darker skin than even Iivraena and a silver mane steps out as do many other elves, making their presence known, keeping their crossbows loaded and aimed at the two. "Summoning us again is quite a nuisance, Ge'rald. You know the favors don't come cheap."

The sun elf waves a hand as if shooing off the unpleasant words as if swatting at a fly. "Unfortunately, circumstances call for such. I didn't believe to find someone so tenaciously pursuing me. I might say I'm flattered."

The drow man continues again, "I'll expect payment when we arrive." He says, nodding as one of the other elves pulls out a small black stone, tossing it to the ground. A swirling portal appears.

(1d20+17)[34] (Save, almost forgot the +4 from Unholy Aura)

(Everyone can hear what's going on in the basement due to Hivemind. I almost forgot it lets you share things like this.)
    Last edited by Tsumeken; 2011-05-09 at 05:53 AM.

27. - Top - End - #747

~Iivraena Lil'kenafin~

Iivraena hissed angrily upon noting out of the corner of her eye a crossbow against Alakdriirn's back. "Damnit...." She murmured in Elven, looking ahead of her to see the man from above whom Theda and Nicos had been attacking was also down here, along with another drow and quite the group of them.

This made her unable to help but wonder... why would a sun elf befriend so many Drow? Better question maybe was how and it made her smirk. She didn't need to see his real face to now be certain he was also one though his mannerisms were a bit... okay very off. But he'd given enough hints and this was more than enough for her. "Heh... I see...." She murmured in amusement, her smirk growing.

She closed her eyes, activating an aura that covered herself and Alakdriirn as she spoke through the Hivemind, While I confess things aren't going like I thought, I do have one last ditch effort idea. Let me try that first and then if it fails... figure a way to get down here. But you'll the results soon enough. As her eyes opened, her gaze went right to the supposed sun elf, "I had a feeling from the get go you were a lot more than what meets the eye. But this army of sorts is all the proof I need to know this much; you're one of us. Definitely not Drizzt, though, as I've already seen what he looks like and he doesn't bother with a mask. I must say you're about as clever as he's supposed to be... I guess I will find out when we find him. However, do not think for one second I don't have my own ideas, especially when it comes to getting things I want."

Still keeping her aura active, she pulled out her Mirror, ensuring it was aimed right at the hooded man, the actual drow, and the sun elf. She lowered her voice, murmuring the command word in Infernal as she activated. "Let's see how you fare against this!" She felt her heart race, knowing that once this activated, her aura would go. And should this fail... it might turn bad really quickly, especially if Theda or Nicos had been in any trouble prior to this. However, if this worked, even if only one of them, it would be her assurance that they could get out of this alive.
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

28. - Top - End - #748
    Ogre in the Playground

The three men soon become two as the hooded figure disappears, leaving behind his equipment. The other two move to shield their eyes as the tall drow shouts out something in Undercommon, "Bneir'pak ilta! Bneir'pak ilta nin!". The multiple twang of crossbows begin firing at the two. As they fire, the other two begin running for the portal.

Spoiler
    Show
    To hit rolls:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+12)[23]
    (1d20+10)[21]
    (1d20+10)[29]
    (1d20+10)[28]
    (1d20+10)[20]
    (1d20+10)[11]
    (1d20+10)[24]
    (1d20+10)[30]
    (1d20+10)[24]
    (1d20+10)[27]
    (1d20+10)[21]
    (1d20+10)[27]

Damage rolls:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d10+4)[7]
    (1d4+2)[6]
    (1d4+2)[4]
    (1d4+2)[4]
    (1d4+2)[4]
    (1d4+2)[3]
    (1d4+2)[6]
    (1d4+2)[5]
    (1d4+2)[6]
    (1d4+2)[6]
    (1d4+2)[5]
    (1d4+2)[3]

Heavy crossbow coated bolts with huge sized spider poison (DC 22)
    Hand crossbow/all others coated with large size monstrous scorpion poison (DC 18)

29. - Top - End - #749
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

"Down here? You're in the basement? No problem. Be right there."

Theda glanced around the bar with her true seeing, to confirm that there were in fact no witnesses left alive. All right, then. The massive pudding continued to dissolve the remains of the patrons and wait staff, and also began eating its way through the floor.

Spoiler
    Show
    My understanding is that, before Theda has acted, the two drow have fired crossbows and fled through the portal. If that's not accurate, we'll figure it out.

In black pudding form, Tonn automatically does 21 points of damage to a floor made of anything but stone, and will spend the round finishing the absorption of the occupants of the bar. So...

If it's a non-stone floor, Tonn will hope to dissolve it this round. If he's not completely successful, Theda will instruct him to change back into a greater air elemental at the end of his action. She will then simply punch through and tear up a 10'x10' section of the floor and hop down into the basement.

If it's a non-stone floor AND Tonn manages to dissolve it this round, he'll fall onto whatever's below him. If the whatever is Iivraena or Alakdriirn, Tonn will flow around them. Otherwise, he'll try to hold on and start to dissolve them. Theda will fly down through the hole Tonn's created and over to examine the portal.

If it's a stone floor, Tonn will turn into a treant and do a pair of attacks against the floor to open up a section. Damage: (2d6+28)[35] and (2d6+28)[37] x 2 (treant ability vs inanimate objects) = damage. Theda then flies down to examine the portal.

30. - Top - End - #750
    Ogre in the Playground

Situation n the basement
    Spoiler
    Show
    The two elves (the drow and the "sun elf") have run at the portal but not till next turn will they go through it. The floor is wood with a second wood floor neath it to act as a ceiling for the basement (kinda like a hidden compartment for hiding things in) so on you next turn the large pudding shall ooze through the floor lie it were butter. Occupying the basement (aside from Iivraena and her slave) are 12 other drow mercs that have attempted to pincushion our hasty anti-heroine (one succeeds and earns his cookie for the day) your attacks if you still wish them to go against hte floor will open it up to you view of what is going on down there.