New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default [3.5] New Telepathy Psionic Power

I'm currently playing a Society Mind from Dreamscarred Press and have found the need to make up a new power or three. The Network power tag is something specific to Dreamscarred Press and several of the classes born from them. At the moment I've got on mostly complete and need some feedback on it before I get into any further ones. Shake off the rust, if you will, before I actually go and devote time to a bunch of new powers.

The name is pending, but unless I'm doubling on a current WotC power or class feature I doubt it'll be changed.

Collective Unconscious

Telepathy [Mind-Affecting, Network]
    Level: Telepath 6, Society mind 6, (other Dreamscarred Press classes?)
    Display: Mental
    Manifesting Time: 1 standard action
    Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
    Target: You plus one willing creature per level
    Duration: 1 hour/level
    Saving Throw: None (see text)
    Power Resistance: No
    Power Points: 11

When manifesting this power the sum knowledge of all creatures targeted combine into a psychic gestalt. For the duration of the power each individual may use the highest skill rank among them in any and all Knowledge Skills. If a target’s skill ranks are replaced by this power, they are treated as though they actually had the shared ranks in the skill for all purposes (including synergy bonuses and the use of trained-only skills).

Additionally, all targets that are also willing members of your worldthought network (if any) gain one special ability of your choice from this list. Your choice affects all members equally.

* A +2 insight bonus to Saving Throws, plus one for every six manifester levels.
    * A +2 insight bonus on the DCs of spells, spell-like abilities, and supernatural abilities of all members of the network.
    * A pool of Improvisation Points equal to the number of members times the manifester's primary attribute that may be used by any member of the Network, though no more than once per round for each member, to enhance any d20 roll up to a maximum of one half this power's manifester level on any single roll.

Augment: You can augment this power in one or more of the following ways.

1. For every 2 additional power points you spend, you can also make use of either the Craft, Perform, or Profession macro-skills.

2. If you spend 2 additional power points, this power can affect an unwilling target, and the power’s saving throw becomes “Will negates (harmless)”. Unwilling targets do not gain the benefit of increased skill ranks, although their skill ranks may be shared with willing targets.

3. If you spend 2 additional power points, you can choose a second special ability from the worldthought network bonus list. You may not choose the same benefit again.

4. If you spend 2 additional power points, you can use this power as if you had the worldthought network class feature, treating creatures you have established a mental link with as members. See the Power by Proxy feat for examples of mental links (mindlink is more than sufficient). Creatures that would not consider you an ally if not for the link do not count as willing members.

5. If you spend 4 additional power points, you can manifest this power as a swift action. If you spend 8 you may manifest it as an immediate action.
    Last edited by Tacitus; 2010-10-14 at 11:25 PM.
    Never can find my towel...

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    Forgot who did my avatar, sorry! >.<

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5] New Telepathy Psionic Power

looks good to me.
    my own diabolical experiments (homebrew)

my deviantART

my alter ego

Campaigns
    Watchtower––Volume III (running since 2008)

Announcer— “Your cable television is experiencing difficulties. Please do not panic. Resist the temptation to read or talk to loved ones. Do not attempt sexual relations, as years of TV radiation have left your genitals withered and useless.”

Wiggum, checking— “Well I'll be damned.”

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5] New Telepathy Psionic Power

Not familiar with the class, but I will be using this in my next campaign, I'm certain. I love the idea.
    Come with me, time out of mind...