New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Vote Up A Campaign Setting: Discussion Thread V: The Final Countdown

So, here we are, in the final* countdown to the launch of our setting, the Hourglass of Zihaja. In case you have missed out on the previous discussions, there have been a few:

We are pleased to announce that we are still on schedule to publish our setting on November 24th, 2010, the two-year anniversary of the start date for this entire project. It has been a long time coming, & there have been several hardships & setbacks. But, we have survived, & are ready to emerge victorious, having become stronger & more glorious through our strife. Praise be unto Limalia, the Tide of Fates.

As expected, here is a small taste of what is to come:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Akasha’s Awesome Aura
    Abjuration
    Level: Presence 9
    Components: V, S, DF, X
    Casting Time: 1 standard action
    Range: Personal
    Target: You
    Duration: 1 round/level
    Saving Throw: Will partial; see text
    Spell Resistance: No

You create an aura of radiant energy that surrounds your body, enveloping you in a field of shimmering light. This has a number of effects.

First, the aura acts as a protective barrier that prevents offensive spells from affecting you. Only spells that would aid you in some way (such as healing you, protecting you, or enhancing your abilities) can affect you. All other spell effects are negated for you, as if you were within an antimagic field. This includes such powerful spells as Mordenkainen’s disjunction & Sunya’s supreme smite.

Second, the aura forces all creatures within 60’ of you to make a Will save. Those beings that fail the saving throw suffer the following ill effects, depending on their HD relative to your caster level.

These effects last until 3 rounds after the spell’s duration ends; they are cumulative & concurrent. You may designate one ally within range per caster level that is exempt from this effect, if you wish, prior to casting this spell. This effect only affects creatures within sight of you; any being with total concealment relative to you is unaffected. If such a creature later loses their concealment within the spell’s duration, they must still make a Will save at that time or become affected by your aura.

Third, the aura forces any creature that attempts to attack you to make a Will save. Those beings that fail the saving throw cannot make an attack against you during that round; they may try again the next round. Any creature that makes their saving throw may attack you freely during that round, but must make another Will save the next round to continue attack you. Affected creatures cannot take any action (including the casting of spells) against you that would require an attack roll, would directly deal damage to you, or would force you to make a saving throw. All other actions are allowed, even those that might cause injury indirectly.

Lastly, this spell negates all forms of invisibility cast upon yourself, & you automatically fail all Hide checks while this spell’s effects last.

XP Cost: 500XP.

Sunya’s Supreme Smite
    Evocation
    Level: Power 9
    Components: V, S, DF, X
    Casting Time: 1 standard action
    Range: Medium (100’ + 10’/level)
    Area: Cylinder (20’ radius, 100’ high)
    Duration: Instantaneous
    Saving Throw: Fortitude partial; see text
    Spell Resistance: No

You create a vertical column of destructive force roaring downward from above, blasting everything within range. All creatures within range must make a Fortitude save or immediately die. A creature that makes their saving throw is still pushed to the edge of the effect, taking 1d6 points of damage for every 5’ so pushed. All objects within range take 1d6 points of force damage per caster level (maximum 30d6); this damage ignores hardness.

This effect negates any magical protection or barrier, such as an antimagic field, prismatic sphere, prismatic wall, or wall of force. The only known means of protecting oneself from this spell is the use of Akasha’s awesome aura.

XP Cost: 500XP.

Please, join us & discuss.

* = We really mean it this time.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default Re: Vote Up A Campaign Setting: Discussion Thread V: The Final Countdown

The list of effects for Akasha's Awesome Aura is missing, and are you sure it's creatures you can't see who should be unaffected?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Vote Up A Campaign Setting: Discussion Thread V: The Final Countdown

Congratulations then!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta Kai View Post
    Are you suuuuure there won't be a Mambo Vote Up A Campaign Setting: Discussion Thread number 6?
    Last edited by Morph Bark; 2010-10-20 at 02:47 PM.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by M-Bark View Post
    Are you suuuuure there won't be a Mambo Vote Up A Campaign Setting: Discussion Thread number 6?
    This isn't Random Banter. We can't hit 50 pages in 35 days.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Firbolg in the Playground

Anyone else notice the domain name for Supreme Smite?

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Gareth View Post
    Anyone else notice the domain name for Supreme Smite?
    I don't get its significance.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

I approve of Zeta's link.
    Need a place to hang? Like Discord? Don't mind dealing with a capricious demon lord? Then you're welcome to join our LGBTQ+ friendly, often silly, very geeky server to discuss food, music, video games, tabletop, and much more.

Manual of the Planes 5th Edition: for all the things the official 5E Planescape didn't cover. Check it out.

9. - Top - End - #9

Power domain.

It happened.

It actually got printed.

There's a Power domain.

Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by afroakuma View Post
    I approve of Zeta's link.
    I got "This video is not available in your country", so I'll take your word for it.

Power domain.

It happened.

It actually got printed.

There's a Power domain.
    Oh right.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Power domain.

It happened.

It actually got printed.

There's a Power domain.
    I now demand they make a level 11 spell for it.
    Last edited by Morph Bark; 2010-10-20 at 04:47 PM.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

It's getting closer, nice. I have a question about Sidaru's code from the last thread, though: why can you create intelligent undead at all? It's still retrieving a soul, isn't it? It gives it a new body, but so does Reincarnate. Did I miss something important?

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lesser_minion View Post
    I got "This video is not available in your country", so I'll take your word for it.
    It was this.

Also: is it wrong that I'm mildly disappointed that there's no bold, underlined, italicized bluetext for the POWER domain? Even though it wouldn't actually make any sense for it to be formatted like that in the finished product?
    Last edited by Juhn; 2010-10-21 at 10:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by subject42 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SurlySeraph View Post
    He's already a bear that turns into a bear that gets so angry it turns into a bear, worships bears, and commands bears, all while riding a bear. He has enough bear.
    There's never enough bear.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Xavius View Post
    It's getting closer, nice. I have a question about Sidaru's code from the last thread, though: why can you create intelligent undead at all? It's still retrieving a soul, isn't it? It gives it a new body, but so does Reincarnate. Did I miss something important?
    Well, I'm still working on the finer details, which delve deep into the perils of quantifying morality. I think that I have a final version, which already is a bit different from the one that I posted in the last thread. So nobody should sweat it until it's been published 4Reelz.

To go against everything that I just said, here's a chart of all the "gods" in our setting, with some relevant info on each. The stuff here is highly unlikely to change, so go ahead & ask questions about it. As always, enjoy & discuss:

Spoiler
    Show
    {table=head]Aspect|Pronunciation|Alignment|Follower|Symbol Shape|Granted Domains|Favored Weapon|Druid|Monk|Paladin
    Adimas|ah-DEE-muss|Chaotic Neutral|Adimasai|trapezoid|Chaos, Cunning, Luck, Magic|longbow|Yes|No|CG/CE
    Akasha|ah-KAH-shah|Chaotic Good|Akashai|semicircle|Good, Heroism, Presence, Protection, Sun|heavy mace|No|No|CG
    Bjardvif|bee-ARD-viff|Chaotic Good|Bjardite|woman|Earth, Good, Healing|light mace|No|No|CG
    Daq|DAK|True Neutral|Daqite|triangle|Destiny, Evil, Good|spear|Yes|Yes|No
    The Darshan|dahr-SHAHN|True Neutral|Darshanite|rings|Knowledge, Prophecy, Travel|spear/warhammer/scimitar|Yes|Yes|No
    Hagalvethr|HAH-gull-VETH-ur|Lawful Good|Hagalite|fist|Air, Cold, Storm, Strength|battle axe|No|Yes|LG
    Isvel|ISS-vell|Lawful Neutral|Isvelite|crystal|Cold, Knowledge, Law, Luck|heavy pick|Yes|Yes|LG/LE
    Johoum|juh-HOOM|Lawful Evil|Johoumite|diamond|Destruction, Punishment, Strength, Sun|morning star|No|Yes|LE
    Limalia|lee-MAH-lee-ah|Neutral Evil|Limalite|rectangles|Hardship, Travel, Water|greatclub|Yes|Yes|LE/CE
    Maqur|mah-CORE|Chaotic Evil|Maqurite|crescent|Betrayal, Fire, Trickery|dagger|No|No|CE
    Martuakh|MAR-too-AHK|Neutral Evil|Martuakhai|loop & eye|Death, Poison, Serpent, Trickery|katar|Yes|Yes|LE/CE
    Nathar|nah-THAR|Chaotic Evil|Natharite|maze|Curse, Evil, Murder, Night|longsword|No|No|CE
    Pashati|pah-SHAH-tee|Neutral Good|Pashatai|vertical lines|Cleansing, Healing, Plant|trident|Yes|Yes|LG/CG
    Qirus|KEER-oos|Lawful Neutral|Qirusai|circle/disk|Law, Protection, Resolve, War|falchion|Yes|Yes|LG/LE
    Sidaru|see-DAR-oo|Lawful Good|Sidarite|square|Death, Law, Peace|warhammer|No|Yes|LG
    Sjor|see-ORR|Chaotic Neutral|Sjorite|cross|Heroism, Strength, War, Water|longsword/warhammer|Yes|No|CG/CE
    Sunya|SOON-yah|Lawful Evil|Sunyan|sword|Evil, Heroism, Night, Power, War|scimitar|No|Yes|LE
    Umaj|oo-MAHJ|Chaotic Neutral|Umajan|arrowhead/chevron|Animal, Earth, Wild|unarmed strike|Yes|No|CG/CE
    Waharim|wah-HAR-eem|Lawful Neutral|Waharimai|arches|Air, Contemplation, Knowledge|quarterstaff|Yes|Yes|LG/LE
    Zaia|Z’EYE-ah|Lawful Good|Zaian|hourglass|Luck, Protection, Travel, World|chakram|No|Yes|LG[/table]

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

There are a number of names on there I don't recognize. Shall I assume that they're the other members of the Dvernin Pantheon?
    He's already a bear that turns into a bear that gets so angry it turns into a bear, worships bears, and commands bears, all while riding a bear. He has enough bear.

16. - Top - End - #16

Why is there a TN god with the good domain? Why has Johoum changed from being LN to LE?

My extended homebrew sig

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Why is there a TN god with the good domain? Why has Johoum changed from being LN to LE?
    If you're referring to Daq, then you may have noticed he also bears the Evil domain. Daq is True Neutral because he promotes balance in all things, but he has power over both some Good and some Evil.

As for Johoum, since when was he ever LN? I do not believe there has been a change - he was always LE.
    My Homebrew
    Currently DMing: Heroes on a Sea of Swords - IC - OOC - OOC II - OOC III
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Elf View Post
    As for Johoum, since when was he ever LN? I do not believe there has been a change - he was always LE.
    Confirmed.
    Need a place to hang? Like Discord? Don't mind dealing with a capricious demon lord? Then you're welcome to join our LGBTQ+ friendly, often silly, very geeky server to discuss food, music, video games, tabletop, and much more.

Manual of the Planes 5th Edition: for all the things the official 5E Planescape didn't cover. Check it out.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

As the sun-god being LE was the thing that got me fired up for this setting in the first place, I can certainly say that Johoum has always been LE.

20. - Top - End - #20

Y'know, I'd always imagined Zaia as more NG than anything. Why LG? And what's her Code?

My extended homebrew sig

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Juhn View Post
    There are a number of names on there I don't recognize. Shall I assume that they're the other members of the Dvernin Pantheon?
    Yes, Bjardvif is Hagalvethr's wife, with Sjor & Isvel as their children. None of the others on this list are part of the dvernin pantheon, though.

Y'know, I'd always imagined Zaia as more NG than anything. Why LG? And what's her Code?
    "Zaia (Z’EYE-ah) is the goddess of the natural & the supernatural, the mundane & divine systems, life & the afterlife. She presides over the universe, preserving the order of the spheres & maintaining the boundaries between space & time. Her followers work on her behalf to enforce this cosmic balance, so that they may take part in the natural ascension of souls to a higher realm of thought & existence."

In brief, she represents the law of nature, just as Umaj represents the chaos of nature.

Also, don't fixate on alignment so much; it's a reductionist mindset that limits the infinite possibilities of creation to 9 simplistic categories.
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2010-10-23 at 09:13 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

Yes, Bjardvif is Hagalvethr's wife, with Sjor & Isvel as their children. None of the others on this list are part of the dvernin pantheon, though.
    Or solely part of it, last I checked. Then again, I am a bit out of touch...

23. - Top - End - #23

If you're comfortable leaking it (or summing it up), what kinda changes got made to the Sacred Knives? I'm dying to discover the direction in which you took 'em.

And, Fellow Posters, what'd ya'll think? Good? Bad? Ugly?

My extended homebrew sig

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground

If you're comfortable leaking it (or summing it up), what kinda changes got made to the Sacred Knives? I'm dying to discover the direction in which you took 'em.

And, Fellow Posters, what'd ya'll think? Good? Bad? Ugly?
    Honestly, around the same time that you sent that in, I was putting Organizations on the back-burner to focus on more fundamental parts of the project, like divine aspects & races. I'm very sorry, but I've barely looked at it in the time since. I promise that I will give it a proper edit/review & give you my take on it.

In the mean time, I'm pretty sure that you submitted an idea or two for NPCs, & those are ready. Give me a name for an NPC that you offered, & I'll leak it for you. Deal?
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2010-10-25 at 05:27 AM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by lesser_minion View Post
    This isn't Random Banter. We can't hit 50 pages in 35 days.
    ...is that a challenge?
    I LIIIIIIVE!

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzon View Post
    ...is that a challenge?
    No, it is not a challenge. Please do not attempt this. Thank you.
    My Homebrew
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

27. - Top - End - #27

Honestly, around the same time that you sent that in, I was putting Organizations on the back-burner to focus on more fundamental parts of the project, like divine aspects & races. I'm very sorry, but I've barely looked at it in the time since. I promise that I will give it a proper edit/review & give you my take on it.

In the mean time, I'm pretty sure that you submitted an idea or two for NPCs, & those are ready. Give me a name for an NPC that you offered, & I'll leak it for you. Deal?
    Deal!

It was hard choosing, but in the end I've gotta go with Jasmine of the Red Sands.

My extended homebrew sig

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground

Jasmine of the Red Sands

Spoiler
    Show
    Quotes
    • “I’ll give you a piece of advice: never stand under a perched bird. Hahahahaha…”
    • “Answer me this: what kind of fool kicks in a dungeon door?”
    • “How is a camel like a love-starved boy?”
    • “If you can do that, I’ll let you in on a secret, my dear.”
    Background
    The gnoll-woman known as Jasmine was born in the tiny hamlet of Qefra (often rendered as Khephra in Gnoolun), on the western banks of Nuraz Lake near the city of Rizaj. Her parents called her Jehan, & when she was a little girl, her family took her along on a merchants’ caravan bound for Raqam, in the southwest. Tragically, the caravan was ambushed by bandits in the dunes of the Ral Zadi, & her entire family was slain, as were most of the others in her convoy.

But the raiders were chased off by a circle of druids, who cared for Jehan & adopted her as one of their own. They renamed her Jasmine, after a tropical shrub with beautiful flowers, & taught her the druidic ways. After many years of wandering the Ral Zadi with the nomadic druids she struck out on her own to cross the continent in search of enlightenment. Her only companion is the gnarled old tree branch that she is always seen with & apparently serves as her club, though why she would lug around such an unwieldy thing is anyone’s guess.

Personality
    Jasmine doesn’t feel comfortable staying in the same place for more than a few days, so she travels an awful lot, even for a druid. As a result, she is wise in the ways of the world & experienced in her druidic practices, full of lore from many places & peoples. She is very tolerant of other cultures, & likes to immerse herself in their practices & customs. She enjoys confounding others, playing pranks & telling confusing tales, to the delight of some & the annoyance of others. While not precisely evil or even cruel, she is certainly seen as capricious, as likely to help you as hinder you.

Appearance
    Jasmine’s fur is wild & unbrushed, tangled with leaves, sticks, & even bits of dried mud. She carried herself as if she were much older than she is. Despite her aged demeanor, she still has all the vibrancy of youth, which is especially apparent in her lively eyes. She almost always wears a mischievous grin, or at least an amused smirk.

Goals
    Jasmine spends most of her time moving from place to place, performing odd jobs in exchange for room & board. Her lifestyle appears to be formless & chaotic, but she insists that there is a purpose & a structure to all such things. She seeks enlightenment for herself, as well as the enlightenment of others, dispensing & gathering wisdom in equal measure. She spends a majority of her time bewildering people with pranks & jokes, but it seems that she peddles wisdom in the midst of her tricks & riddles. She does this in the hope that she may open people’s minds to alternate possibilities & other ways of thinking, thereby providing a means to illumination.

Combat Tactics
    Jasmine appears to be a simple, harmless soul, one that is unfamiliar with the art of war, but those that believe that folly are short-lived. She never travels without her massive club, which is called Hikma (“Wisdom”); she wields it with deadly accuracy, dealing crushing blows with it. She prefers to begin battle with her club in hand, but she will often drop it to adopt a beastly form via Wild Shape, often as a lion or a hyena. Her favorite spells are often flashy & unexpected ones, like call lightning, flame blade, or summon nature’s ally, but she will often rely on more subtle magics, such as cat’s grace, jump, or poison.

RACE: Gnoll (Rizzadobo) female
    CLASS: Druid 5
    ALIGNMENT: True Neutral
    DEITY: Daq (The Tulai Zalim)
    SIZE: Medium
    HEIGHT: 7’7”
    WEIGHT: 317 lbs.
    EYES: Green
    HAIR: Brown/Gray
    LANGUAGES: Aquan, Common, & Gnoolun
    HIT DICE: 8+4d8+10 (36HP)
    INITIATIVE: +2
    SPEED: 30’
    ARMOR CLASS: 17 (+1 Dex, +1 natural, +5 armor); touch 11; flat-footed 16
    BASE ATTACK BONUS: +3
    GRAPPLE BONUS: +5
    ATTACK: +6 Greatclub (1d10+3, ×2, bludgeoning)
    FULL ATTACK: +6/+1 Greatclub (1d10+3, ×2, bludgeoning)
    SPACE/REACH: 5’/5’
    SAVING THROWS: Fortitude +6, Reflex +3, Will +6
    ABILITIES:
    • Strength 14 (+2)
    • Dexterity 12 (+1)
    • Constitution 15 (+2)
    • Intelligence 10 (+0)
    • Wisdom 14 (+2)
    • Charisma 8 (-1)

SKILLS: 32 points
    • Bluff +7
    • Disguise +7
    • Knowledge (Nature) +2
    • Listen +11
    • Spot +11
    • Sleight of Hand +5
    • Survival +6

FEATS: Natural Spell, Perceptive**
    WEAPON: +1 Greatclub (2,305gp, 1d10+3, ×2, 8 lbs., bludgeoning)
    ARMOR: +1 Leather (1,160, +3, maximum dexterity bonus +6, 10% AFC, speed 30’, 15lbs.)
    EQUIPMENT:
    • 790gp
    • Bracers of Armor +2 (4,000gp)
    • Wand of cure light wounds (750gp)
    SPELLS: 5/4/3/1 (Caster Level 5th, save DC12 + spell level)
    RACIAL FEATURES:
    • Darkvision 60’
    • Social Acumen (Ex): +2 circumstance bonus to Diplomacy & Sense Motive checks made when dealing with members of another culture. Gnolls are canny & adaptable in social situations.

CLASS FEATURES:
    • Nature Sense.
    • Wild Empathy.
    • Woodland Stride.
    • Trackless Step.
    • Resist Nature’s Lure.
    • Wild Shape (S/M, 1/day).
    ANIMAL COMPANION: Sumar the Third, a camel (5HD, 32HP, AC15 (-1 size, +3 Dexterity, +3 Natural Armor), BAB+3, Bite +0 melee (1d4+2), Fortitude +6, Reflex +7, Will +1, Intelligence 2 (-4), Evasion, Link, Share Spells, Trick: Perform, Trick: Track, Low-Light Vision, Scent, Alertness, Endurance, Listen +8, Spot +8).

I'd have to confirm this with SE, but I believe that she would be a Druid 8 in 4th edition.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

The first quote for our first Gnoll PNC writeup ends with a laugh! You're doing something right.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Jasmine of the Red Sands

Spoiler
    Show
    Quotes
    • “I’ll give you a piece of advice: never stand under a perched bird. Hahahahaha…”
    • “Answer me this: what kind of fool kicks in a dungeon door?”
    • “How is a camel like a love-starved boy?”
    • “If you can do that, I’ll let you in on a secret, my dear.”
    Background
    The gnoll-woman known as Jasmine was born in the tiny hamlet of Qefra (often rendered as Khephra in Gnoolun), on the western banks of Nuraz Lake near the city of Rizaj. Her parents called her Jehan, & when she was a little girl, her family took her along on a merchants’ caravan bound for Raqam, in the southwest. Tragically, the caravan was ambushed by bandits in the dunes of the Ral Zadi, & her entire family was slain, as were most of the others in her convoy.

But the raiders were chased off by a circle of druids, who cared for Jehan & adopted her as one of their own. They renamed her Jasmine, after a tropical shrub with beautiful flowers, & taught her the druidic ways. After many years of wandering the Ral Zadi with the nomadic druids she struck out on her own to cross the continent in search of enlightenment. Her only companion is the gnarled old tree branch that she is always seen with & apparently serves as her club, though why she would lug around such an unwieldy thing is anyone’s guess.

Personality
    Jasmine doesn’t feel comfortable staying in the same place for more than a few days, so she travels an awful lot, even for a druid. As a result, she is wise in the ways of the world & experienced in her druidic practices, full of lore from many places & peoples. She is very tolerant of other cultures, & likes to immerse herself in their practices & customs. She enjoys confounding others, playing pranks & telling confusing tales, to the delight of some & the annoyance of others. While not precisely evil or even cruel, she is certainly seen as capricious, as likely to help you as hinder you.

Appearance
    Jasmine’s fur is wild & unbrushed, tangled with leaves, sticks, & even bits of dried mud. She carried herself as if she were much older than she is. Despite her aged demeanor, she still has all the vibrancy of youth, which is especially apparent in her lively eyes. She almost always wears a mischievous grin, or at least an amused smirk.

Goals
    Jasmine spends most of her time moving from place to place, performing odd jobs in exchange for room & board. Her lifestyle appears to be formless & chaotic, but she insists that there is a purpose & a structure to all such things. She seeks enlightenment for herself, as well as the enlightenment of others, dispensing & gathering wisdom in equal measure. She spends a majority of her time bewildering people with pranks & jokes, but it seems that she peddles wisdom in the midst of her tricks & riddles. She does this in the hope that she may open people’s minds to alternate possibilities & other ways of thinking, thereby providing a means to illumination.

Combat Tactics
    Jasmine appears to be a simple, harmless soul, one that is unfamiliar with the art of war, but those that believe that folly are short-lived. She never travels without her massive club, which is called Hikma (“Wisdom”); she wields it with deadly accuracy, dealing crushing blows with it. She prefers to begin battle with her club in hand, but she will often drop it to adopt a beastly form via Wild Shape, often as a lion or a hyena. Her favorite spells are often flashy & unexpected ones, like call lightning, flame blade, or summon nature’s ally, but she will often rely on more subtle magics, such as cat’s grace, jump, or poison.

RACE: Gnoll (Rizzadobo) female
    CLASS: Druid 5
    ALIGNMENT: True Neutral
    DEITY: Daq (The Tulai Zalim)
    SIZE: Medium
    HEIGHT: 7’7”
    WEIGHT: 317 lbs.
    EYES: Green
    HAIR: Brown/Gray
    LANGUAGES: Aquan, Common, & Gnoolun
    HIT DICE: 8+4d8+10 (36HP)
    INITIATIVE: +2
    SPEED: 30’
    ARMOR CLASS: 17 (+1 Dex, +1 natural, +5 armor); touch 11; flat-footed 16
    BASE ATTACK BONUS: +3
    GRAPPLE BONUS: +5
    ATTACK: +6 Greatclub (1d10+3, ×2, bludgeoning)
    FULL ATTACK: +6/+1 Greatclub (1d10+3, ×2, bludgeoning)
    SPACE/REACH: 5’/5’
    SAVING THROWS: Fortitude +6, Reflex +3, Will +6
    ABILITIES:
    • Strength 14 (+2)
    • Dexterity 12 (+1)
    • Constitution 15 (+2)
    • Intelligence 10 (+0)
    • Wisdom 14 (+2)
    • Charisma 8 (-1)

SKILLS: 32 points
    • Bluff +7
    • Disguise +7
    • Knowledge (Nature) +2
    • Listen +11
    • Spot +11
    • Sleight of Hand +5
    • Survival +6

FEATS: Natural Spell, Perceptive**
    WEAPON: +1 Greatclub (2,305gp, 1d10+3, ×2, 8 lbs., bludgeoning)
    ARMOR: +1 Leather (1,160, +3, maximum dexterity bonus +6, 10% AFC, speed 30’, 15lbs.)
    EQUIPMENT:
    • 790gp
    • Bracers of Armor +2 (4,000gp)
    • Wand of cure light wounds (750gp)
    SPELLS: 5/4/3/1 (Caster Level 5th, save DC12 + spell level)
    RACIAL FEATURES:
    • Darkvision 60’
    • Social Acumen (Ex): +2 circumstance bonus to Diplomacy & Sense Motive checks made when dealing with members of another culture. Gnolls are canny & adaptable in social situations.

CLASS FEATURES:
    • Nature Sense.
    • Wild Empathy.
    • Woodland Stride.
    • Trackless Step.
    • Resist Nature’s Lure.
    • Wild Shape (S/M, 1/day).
    ANIMAL COMPANION: Sumar the Third, a camel (5HD, 32HP, AC15 (-1 size, +3 Dexterity, +3 Natural Armor), BAB+3, Bite +0 melee (1d4+2), Fortitude +6, Reflex +7, Will +1, Intelligence 2 (-4), Evasion, Link, Share Spells, Trick: Perform, Trick: Track, Low-Light Vision, Scent, Alertness, Endurance, Listen +8, Spot +8).

I'd have to confirm this with SE, but I believe that she would be a Druid 8 in 4th edition.
    In 4e, monsters do not get class levels. However, if someone wanted a quick way to make Jasmine without working from scratch, taking a level 8 creature with the Controller role, applying the Druid template and giving it the Gnoll racial abilities would be a good approximation on the fly.
    My Homebrew