New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Trick or Treat (WW) night 5 START!

Wow that is weird...
    Gray Mage as I can't see why not.
    Hoc Dictum Videtur Esse Melius In Latine.
    This Motto Sounds Better In Latin.
    Cadimus Concordia.
    United We Fall.
    Nolite Hamena Machinae Timere, Nam Iusta Erunt.
    Do Not Fear The Reign Of Machines, For They Shall Be Just.

2. - Top - End - #152

Blackbir as well.

Process of elimination...
    Normal avatar by Darwin. Many thanks!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    Along with your avatar, your class is the bard.
    Indeed it is, now that I think about it. Bard in the Playground

From Murska's City: Eternally Unlucky

Retired Werewolfer

3. - Top - End - #153
    Troll in the Playground

*Pokes Tydude or Lord Pringle*

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

Hyposoc, Blackbir is going to be Al anyway.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Dwarf in the Playground

Day 6 Ends

Ding dong

"Trick or Treat!"
    "Hey kids! Wait just a second, I have a toothbrush for each of you."
    "A toothbrush? What are you, a dentist?"
    "Of course! You kids need to eat less candy, or soon you'll end up like poor Duncan over there."
    "Ugh."
    "Ah! Duncan's a zombie!"
    "What? No guys, I'm just acting. It's Halloween, remember?"
    "Get him! And the dentist too!"

Summary:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Blackbir/Blackbir was lynched. He was the dentist.
    Duneyrr/Duncan was (sadly) autolynched. He was a villager.

Night 7 Starts now and hopefully ends within 48 hours.
    Last edited by Tydude; 2010-11-20 at 07:16 PM.
    Avatar of Yoshimo by Trazoi. WW Banner by Elder Tsofu.

Trophies and Titles
    Spoiler
    Show
    Protecting the Guilty/I Survived the City of the Drifter(City of Darkness)
    Bringer of Chaos/Last Assassin Standing/Werewolf Finder/Oops! (City of Shadows)
    (Shape-shifters 2)
    (Bombs Away Heat 2)

6. - Top - End - #156
    Pixie in the Playground

Dagnabbit, I knew I missed one! Sorry about that, guys. First autolynch ever.

7. - Top - End - #157

Oops...

Still... this gives me the last piece of information I need...

Night had fallen... and it was going to be the last night Walker saw in this world.

Luckily, he had plans... Gripping his plastic scythe, he walked to the graveyard, and stood on the hilltop, waiting...

It would be his last night... but it would be the last night of the fight of the village...

"I have searched for six days, half that time in the dark," Walker says, looking outward. "I have gathered a list of contacts, searching each one when I had the chance. Now, I challenge you... will the last creature come forth, so we can duel with honor?"

"Fight me! If you dare!"

Walker swings his scythe in an arc, it's edge now glinting in the moonlight, the metal addition on the edge added from the destroyed dentist's tools.

"Come... to your death!"

Spoiler
    Show

Retired Werewolfer

8. - Top - End - #158
    Dwarf in the Playground

Drifter, that was epic. Anyways, sorry for the delay everybody. No worries, Pringle told me he's writing the narration so it should be up soon.

Trophies and Titles
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Shape-shifters 2)
    (Bombs Away Heat 2)

9. - Top - End - #159
    Dwarf in the Playground

Night 7 Ends

A lone man walked in the streets. The pouring rain fell on his tattered cloak. Twice this night that man had risen back to life. Somehow, he still had a connection with the world of the dead. As he drifted through Hantu, all he could hear were the thoughts of the deceased.

Jasen would never go in there.
    “Really? Cause I'm pretty sure I died already.”
    “Dagnabbit, I knew I missed one!”
    "Hey Stormtrooper, quit picking on the Great Pumpkin."
    “Survey says….”
    “I'M ONE OF THE COOL KIDS - EEEEEEEEEEEE!”
    "Jasen!!!"
    "I don't blame you. You monsters."

“Walker.” A voice appeared from behind the man. He turned around suddenly. Behind him stood a skeleton in hooded robes with a silver scythe in its hand. The creature was cackling madly to itself.

Walker looked at the pathetic man for a long moment. “You,” he whispered. This only made the grim reaper laugh even louder. Walker knew this creature wasn’t actually here. He had killed it earlier that night. But, still, this laughing man brought a shiver to Walker’s soul. “Why do you return?”

“You do realize that you have no hope? My remaining minion is still out there. He will find you. Then he will do horrible things to you.” The creature laughed again. “Horrible things.”

This was all Walker could take. He reached out and pulled the scythe from the reaper’s hand. The reaper finally quieted his laughing. “How? I am dead, and you are living. How do you reach into my world?”

“Because I am no ordinary human,” Walker said with intense concentration. He grabbed the creature’s skull, leaned close, and whispered, “I am an Oneiromancer.” He pushed with all his strength and shattered the skull on the pavement.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the other side of the town, the last monster was preparing for the final battle. Maurice had warned him of the skills Walker possessed. But he was not scared. Maurice and Jason had been fools. They had tried to blend in with the children. But he knew better. This fight had to be just between them. It would be the battle to determine the fate of Hantu. And no mortal could defeat a monster in battle.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Oneiromancer had made his way to the town center. He waited there for the final monster to reveal itself. As he waited, he saw a shadow dart through an alley. It was probably just a kid, but Walker couldn’t be too careful. Not with this much at stake.

“Child! Leave now!” He shouted into the alley. Socky walked out of the darkness. “Socky! Good, it’s only you. I need you to leave.” But Socky continued to walk towards him. “What are you doing?” Socky laughed. Walker then knew that this wasn’t Socky. It was the last monster he had been hunting for.

Walker watched as what was once a child turned into a terrible creature. It had three red eyes and six limbs. But every second it was changing. It never stayed the same for more than a few moments. This creature was the embodiment of Chaos.

He lifted the reaper’s scythe into the moonlight. With a yell, he brought it down on where the monster was. But it wasn’t there anymore. A voice like nails on a chalkboard spoke from the shadows, “Did you actually think it would be that easy? You really are a pathetic being. I can’t wait to take your life.” The creature lunged towards Walker’s back. Walker turned around just in time to see a claw coming towards his face. It scraped his cheek, spilling blood all over his robes. He fell to the sidewalk. There was nothing he could do. This creature was too strong.

“And, now, the killing strike.” The creature lifted its claw. Walker closed his eyes, waiting for the final blow. But it never came. When Walker opened his eyes, he saw the monster lying on the ground. To the side of the monster was a child. It was Lil Banj.

“Walker…please come here,” groaned Banj. “I…. I used my flashlight on the monster. It hit…. it hit me right here,” he pointed. The monster’s claw had left a gruesome gash on Banj’s side.

“Thank you, Banj,” said Walker. He leaned over the child’s broken body and patted his pumpkin costume. “Thank you for saving my life. I will repay you somehow.”

“Please… defeat the monster. Save Hantu. For all of us,” Banj whispered with his last breath. Walker cried as Lil Banj’s head fell onto the concrete. He shed a tear onto poor Banj’s body. But he knew there was no time. The monster was awakening.

“His death was pointless. You will die anyways,” laughed the monster. He swung his claw at Walker’s head.

“No,” Walker brought his scythe up to block the claw. He brought it down again, chopping one of the monster’s hands off. “No more will die tonight.”

“Do you hear me? NO MORE WILL DIE!” Walker screamed at the monster. He brought his scythe around again and again. The monster parried all his blows, but it was starting to show fatigue. The Oneiromancer didn’t stop his attack. The rain mixed with the blood from the wound and sweat on his face. But he didn’t stop. The silver scythe continued to pound against the monster’s defenses. Nothing could stop Walker.

With a vicious blow the monster finally fell. Walker slowly walked towards the creature. The beast laughed, “I don’t think you can kill me. Isn’t that what you just said? No more will die. Doesn’t that include me?”
    Walker lifted his scythe into the darkness. He began to bring it down, but there was a slight hesitation. Suddenly, he heard a voice.

“Please… defeat the monster. Save Hantu. For all of us.”

There was no more hesitation. He brought the scythe down.

Summary:
    Spoiler
    Show

banjo1985/Lil Banj died. He was an apple bobber/mason.
    Hyposoc/Socky died. He was the last monster.
    GAME ENDS! TOWN WINS! HALLOWEEN IS SAFE! YAY!

Somewhere, in a different world, a demon watched a crystal ball with disgust.

“So, I see the reaper has failed in his mission?” asked a different demon.
    “Yes, it appears so. No worries. Next year, we will strike again. We will bring stronger forces and we will rule Hantu. No worries.”

Trophies and Titles
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Shape-shifters 2)
    (Bombs Away Heat 2)

10. - Top - End - #160
    Dwarf in the Playground

First, the role list:
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table=head]#|Player|Role
    1|Lex-kat|Baner
    2|Robert Blackletter|Wolf
    3|banjo1985|Mason
    4|Alarra| Mason
    5|Duneyrr| Villager
    6|Gray Mage| Fool
    7|Helgraf| Seer
    8|Zanshin| Mason
    9|Eternal Drifter| Oneiromancer
    10|HypoSoc| Wolf
    11|TheLaughingMan| Grim reaper
    12|andyhre| Villager
    13|Internet Flea| Villager
    14|Diva De| villager
    15|Orzel| Void sealer
    16|Blackbir|Dentist[/table]
    The Oneiromancer could target somebody every night. If they were a wolf they died.
    The Void Sealer could resurrect somebody once every three nights. It was originally just supposed to be once per game but it got changed at some point.

Second, question time!

Did you have fun?
    How bad were our narrations? Do you have any tips for writing?
    Was the game balanced?
    You probably answered "no" to the above question. How could that be fixed?
    Would you play again if we fixed the balance issues and got better with updating on time?

Thirdly, I would like to thank all the players for sticking with us. We were both new at this so I thank you for not being too harsh. Also, I would like to give a huge thanks to lord pringle for narrating this game! I had a lot of fun doing this and seeing how it is for the narrators. So, thanks everybody!

Trophies and Titles
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Shape-shifters 2)
    (Bombs Away Heat 2)

11. - Top - End - #161
    Pixie in the Playground

Did you have fun?
    It was fun being scried three times in two days, none of whom got my role.
    Was the game balanced?
    Not in the least.
    The wolves need more powers. Maybe some secret third-party wolves or something.
    Would you play again if we fixed the balance issues and got better with updating on time?
    Yes.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

Did you have fun?
    Yes.
    Narrations weren't bad, but the squedule was bad.
    Was the game balanced?
    No.
    You probably answered "no" to the above question. How could that
    be fixed?
    Wolves were too outnumbered and didn't have any special abilities, while town had a seer/killer and a resser.
    Sure.
    Last edited by Gray Mage; 2010-11-29 at 02:46 PM.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

13. - Top - End - #163

Quote Originally Posted by Tydude View Post
    *SNIP*

Second, question time!

Did you have fun?
    Was the game balanced?

Thirdly, I would like to thank all the players for sticking with us. We were both new at this so I thank you for not being too harsh. Also, I would like to give a huge thanks to lord pringle for narrating this game! I had a lot of fun doing this and seeing how it is for the narrators. So, thanks everybody!
    At last... the game is over... and I can take a rest...
    Did I have fun? Perhaps not as much as I should have. I was annoyed at being killed, but I'm no stranger there. And perhaps because I was becoming werewolfed out, if you get my meaning. I'll be taking a break until Mafia comes in January.
    How bad were the narriations? I have to be blunt... I am a harsh critic, and lord pringle, keep practicing. The last narriation, however... nicely done. Next time though, don't let me steal the entire show, please. I was the only one role-playing towards the end.
    The game was unbalanced, but only due to the two secret roles, Orzel, and myself. It was balanaced out somewhat, though, due to the fact that Orzel revived me twice, and the fact that I could not use my power every night because I was dead. It did help build a network, though. At the end, only HypoSoc was out of the network. Pointing at Gray Mage, who I had scanned, was a bad idea. Made sure that I targeted him that night.
    For rebalancing... give the wolves a secret role, but seperate the bearer of that role from the rest of the group.
    Playing again, with balance update and on time updates? Perhaps... but I'll cross that road when I come to it.

Good work, village.

Spoiler
    Show

Retired Werewolfer

14. - Top - End - #164

Bah, I wish I knew the role list when I targeted Lix. I couldn't find it anywhere.
    I think the good team was over powered for the number of wolves.
    Hoc Dictum Videtur Esse Melius In Latine.
    This Motto Sounds Better In Latin.
    Cadimus Concordia.
    United We Fall.
    Nolite Hamena Machinae Timere, Nam Iusta Erunt.
    Do Not Fear The Reign Of Machines, For They Shall Be Just.