New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Grotesque Tactics: Evil Heroes

This sounds like a pretty fun game, anyone played it?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause-to-effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.
    Awesomesauce Doctor WhOotS-atar by Ceika!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Grotesque Tactics: Evil Heroes

UPDATE: Currently playing it.

First thought: Broken Engrish.
    Second thought: Not as funny as I thought it would be, so far.
    Third thought: My laptop is sssssssssllllllllllllllllllllloooooooooooooowwwwww www...
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause-to-effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

So, what's it like? How does it play? How's the writing & plot?
    Imagine if all real-world conversations were like internet D&D conversations...
    Protip: DnD is an incredibly social game played by some of the most socially inept people on the planet - Lev
    I read this somewhere and I stick to it: "I would rather play a bad system with my friends than a great system with nobody". - Trevlac
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelb_Panthera View Post
    That said, trolling is entirely counterproductive (yes, even when it's hilarious).

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Graphics: 7/10. Kind of meh, but not too horrible.

Gameplay: 5/10. Could just be my computer, but having to click after every sentence said gets kind of irritating. The camera swings towards each character that speaks, whethere they're a mm apart on the screen or two screens apart. The camera is also slow to shift from free walking to combat. The controls seem a little counter-intuitive to me, with the main control being the right mouse button. More investigation is needed on my part to see how much I can reassign the controls.

Plot: 7/10. Humorous, but not as funny as the game description and previews made it out to be.

Scripting: 4/10. I'm sure that in it's native language, it's good. But the translation to English is pretty broken. I believe the language it was written in is German, since the only options are German and English.

Characters: 6/10. Character depth is pretty minimal, but then again, it's supposed to be a spoof on games like Final Fantasy Tactics.

Overall: 6/10. Decent, but wait until it goes on sale. $20 is too much, IMO.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

Bought it, couldn't get past the first conversation because it took damn long. Got bored.