New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1476
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Steam] Thread XVII: /sm_rename "Steam Thread": da]mexitt hr[a vise

Quote Originally Posted by Neftren View Post
    Also, MAJOR sales spoiler found here. It's been spot on so far, so... don't look if you want to be surprised.
    Read. If You D.A.R.E.!

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Oh, I know. I got L4D, and it's a good game.

Suffers from the same issue as TF2, though, even when playing with friends. I just think "this is a good game. It should be fun. Why am I not having fun?"

That said, I already own it - my problem is more that I'm not going to spend $20 or more on a pack just to hand stuff out to people when I have already done so twice. Semi-broke, after all.
    True. I wish they'd remove some of the modes, or at least concentrate on the three main modes (Versus, SV, and Scavenge). Campaign is fine the way it is, but they need to just turn Realism Versus (and Realism) into the Versus and Campaign versions. Just make it a toggle option or something. It doesn't need a whole new box to itself.

I also wish they'd add Versus Survival with a few tweaks (I had a thread on SPUF about it), and Scavenge could really use a Tank when people reach the 14th or 15th can.

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Ogre in the Playground

OK, if anyone has been wanting to try out EVE Online, here's an offer open to any three people. I send you a buddy invite to EVE. You make an account and log in, then I gift you EVE on steam. You activate it. You get 51 days of EVE free, I get 30 from the buddy invite.

If you're interested, PM me. Include an email address to send the buddy invite to.
    Last edited by Worira; 2010-11-25 at 01:57 PM.
    The following errors occurred with your search:

1. This forum requires that you wait 300 seconds between searches. Please try again in 306 seconds.

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Worira View Post
    OK, if anyone has been wanting to try out EVE Online, here's an offer open to any three people. I send you a buddy invite to EVE. You make an account and log in, then I gift you EVE on steam. You activate it. You get 51 days of EVE free, I get 30 from the buddy invite.

If you're interested, PM me. Include an email address to send the buddy invite to.
    That'd be cool. Is EVE an intensive game (hardware wise)? My system may not be up to snuff to run it.

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Ogre in the Playground

Not really. If your computer can run L4D2, EVE should be a breeze for it.

1. This forum requires that you wait 300 seconds between searches. Please try again in 306 seconds.

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Orc in the Playground

A true heavy does not ambush enemy heavies. He challenges them to a manly stand off!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxkHS...ture=recentlik

6. - Top - End - #1176
    Orc in the Playground

Gah! I was hard-set on buying Sam & Max, then I decided to sleep on it...
    I am a forum poster. This is my signature.

G-Man by the wonderful Ceika
    Spoiler
    Show

Hextech Singed by the amazingly talented (and handsome) Thormag
    Steam Profile

7. - Top - End - #1177
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'm pretty sure any copies of the Left4Dead 2 I send out would end up being the Australian low violence version, ah well I still got a bunch of Australian friends who are going to be wanting it .
    Last edited by MoelVermillion; 2010-11-25 at 03:08 PM.
    Other Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Prime32 for the awesome Noel Vermillion avatar.

8. - Top - End - #1178

What's that? Defense Grid: The Awakening for £1.75? Holy blimey that's good.
    Spoiler
    Show
    On behalf of YoSaffBridge, a collected gent who also hails from the UK, I would like to apologize for the time (times?) he told your lovely children that they were possessed by El Diablo. He has his own issues to work out, and occasionally suffers from the honest delusion that small children are demons. Plus, he’s a bastard. I guess that’s not really an excuse, but I did say these would be sincere.

Steam Name: [ChHa]YoSaffBridge

9. - Top - End - #1179
    Ogre in the Playground

I tried EVE, but didn't really care for it. It's really slow. I'm now going to keep myself away from it in case I get addicted.

10. - Top - End - #1180
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinizer View Post
    I tried EVE, but didn't really care for it. I'm now going to keep myself away from it in case I get addicted.
    Ah, MMOs.

11. - Top - End - #1181
    Titan in the Playground

Huh.

Tried the indy pack, and got turned down on grounds of insufficient funds.

Checked my bank account, still have hundreds of dollars of both credit and debit available.

Made a purchase with Amazon, no hassle.

What in the sam hill is going on?
    Remember how I was wishing for the peace of oblivion a minute ago?

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

X-Com avatar by BRC. He's good folks.

12. - Top - End - #1182

Umm, hate to beg here, but would some kind soul mind buying me Batman while it's on sale? Spent quite a lot the last few days and I'm running low on funds. When I get more money I could pay you back or give you a copy of Deus Ex (still sitting on 3).

Thanks.
    Spoiler
    Show
    On behalf of YoSaffBridge, a collected gent who also hails from the UK, I would like to apologize for the time (times?) he told your lovely children that they were possessed by El Diablo. He has his own issues to work out, and occasionally suffers from the honest delusion that small children are demons. Plus, he’s a bastard. I guess that’s not really an excuse, but I did say these would be sincere.

Steam Name: [ChHa]YoSaffBridge

13. - Top - End - #1183
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    Huh.

Tried the indy pack, and got turned down on grounds of insufficient funds.

Checked my bank account, still have hundreds of dollars of both credit and debit available.

Made a purchase with Amazon, no hassle.

What in the sam hill is going on?
    Were you using Paypal with steam but not with amazon? If paypal's electronic pixies think your recent spending habits don't match with your past history your account can be frozen pending "verification". If you aren't sure, might want to log onto your paypal account and see if any warnings pop up.

14. - Top - End - #1184
    Bugbear in the Playground

The new official currency of GITP: Spare Copys of Deus Ex!

Not too much interesting today.....I hope X(1,2,3) go on sale soon!
    Have you seen what Bulbasaur is packing?

Long range razor sharp projectiles.
    Seeds with the speed and power of smg rounds.
    Midrange explosives.
    Death rays powered by the sun itself!
    Steam name: Dragero Add me! (Just click this link)

15. - Top - End - #1185

If anyone here has played Reccetear, I would really like ta know how good it is.

I've only got one shot at this, and I don't wanna screw up with my one game redemption thing I have going on with mah family.

Writings and ramblings would be here. Get it out of my head, and into yours.

Android Sniper avatar courtesy of Kpenguin

16. - Top - End - #1186
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Byrnbot08 View Post
    If anyone here has played Reccetear, I would really like ta know how good it is.

I've only got one shot at this, and I don't wanna screw up with my one game redemption thing I have going on with mah family.
    The game has a massive demo if you want to give it a shot.

Having played that I found the gameplay rather fun, the dialogue amusing, and the whole thing bloody adorable.
    Last edited by Jahkaivah; 2010-11-25 at 05:49 PM.
    Steamname: Atheist God, if you're lucky.

17. - Top - End - #1187
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jahkaivah View Post
    The game has a massive demo if you want to give it a shot.

Having played that I found the gameplay rather fun, the dialogue amusing, and the whole thing bloody adorable.
    +1, I was just coming over to this thread to plug Recettear, now that it's in the on-sale indie pack. I finished the game yesterday, and it's astounding. I've been following this one ever since the demo released, when a blog pointed me to it, and it's been great. Yes, I purchased it the day it came out...

But yeah. It's fun, cute, great dialogue, good story, interesting concept, and there's nothing more satisfying than extorting massive profits from the snooty little blonde aristocrat who sees your item shop as hardly worthy of squashing. Capitalism ho!

(Also, when you finish the game, there's post-game content that gets unlocked, like a "continue" mode where you just endlessly play the game, no pressure of any sort, and can continue to unlock new dungeons, and unravel more story moments)
    Ludicrus Gaming: on games and story
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

18. - Top - End - #1188

I'm debating getting the Indie Story pack just for that reason. I already have Gish and the other three don't look that appealing to me. I wish I could give those away.

19. - Top - End - #1189
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by watsyurname529 View Post
    I'm debating getting the Indie Story pack just for that reason. I already have Gish and the other three don't look that appealing to me. I wish I could give those away.
    Alternative. I buy the pack, and gift you Reccetear!

Also, it really is a very fun game. Addictive as hell.
    Last edited by Dispozition; 2010-11-25 at 07:15 PM.

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Bor the Barbarian Monk View Post
    Dis...As far as I can tell, you are a cool frood who knows where his towel is.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Librarian View Post
    Run, little Aussie artist man. Your doom will be swift and silent -
    - like the owl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charity View Post
    *Hands Dizzy his SwoongunTM*
    Which is a hairdrier full of ether.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulion View Post
    ...Dispozition...you rock so hard I feel like throwing you my underwear in appreciation just so you can know how much that rocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emlyn View Post
    Dis, I love you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    Your quotes rawk.

20. - Top - End - #1190
    Ogre in the Playground

EVE invites all gone.

21. - Top - End - #1191
    Titan in the Playground

+1 for the "Play the Demo" camp.

22. - Top - End - #1192

I still haven't been invited to the group. Can someone please fix that? Also, Ona, what timeframe are we looking at?
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    ...Blackfox and Raven. They are two fine upstanding ladies aside from their disturbing lack of reloading, Doctor Freeman.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfox View Post
    Raven gets one free LOL from me. Start collecting LOL's now!
    Also known as Raven, and various derivations thereof.

23. - Top - End - #1193
    Dwarf in the Playground

Would someone mind posting the link to the Secret Saxton doc? I think I have some gifts lying around my account somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_In_Tonic View Post
    HATE. LOTS OF HATE. DIRECTED AT YOU, DRIZVOLTA. OH GOD MY MIND.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    Well, I think the solution is clear. Don't download Steam if you don't have legs.
    Thank you Prime32 for the Rumia avatar!

24. - Top - End - #1194
    Ogre in the Playground

So I just bought Poker Night and Recettear (actually, I bought the 5 game pack that was the same price). Played two games ok Poker and lost hard. Going to try some capitalism now :P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drager0 View Post
    MY LIFE IS RUINED FOREVER AND IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF YOU, VOLATAR!!!!
    My Twitter
    Awesome Yukari avatar by memnarch.

25. - Top - End - #1195

Quote Originally Posted by Anonomuss View Post
    Not sure if you got it off cogwheel already but I'm also giving it away for free, as I have four spare copies to give away to any who would like one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drizvolta View Post
    Would someone mind posting the link to the Secret Saxton doc? I think I have some gifts lying around my account somewhere.
    Have a link.

26. - Top - End - #1196
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, I started playing through Deus Ex again. Controls are kind of odd, but manageable I suppose.

27. - Top - End - #1197

Quote Originally Posted by Dispozition View Post
    Alternative. I buy the pack, and gift you Reccetear!

Also, it really is a very fun game. Addictive as hell.
    By all means if this is possible I will not refuse a shiny gift-wrapped Reccetear.

28. - Top - End - #1198
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Neftren View Post
    Well, I started playing through Deus Ex again. Controls are kind of odd, but manageable I suppose.
    Which bits you thinking of?

(Trust me. It ain't got nothing on System Shock.)
    Remember how I was wishing for the peace of oblivion a minute ago?

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

X-Com avatar by BRC. He's good folks.

29. - Top - End - #1199
    Ogre in the Playground

Which bits you thinking of?

(Trust me. It ain't got nothing on System Shock.)
    I just played through the tutorial bit. I dunno, it just seems to have a lot of buttons to press. It's not bad by any means. Just different.

30. - Top - End - #1200
    Troll in the Playground

I played through the tutorial -- tried to kill the patrol bot at the end by throwing some TNT blocks at it. I succeeded, but blew off my legs in the process. I crawled around for the entire remainder of the tutorial, including meeting with my superior who congratulates me on my performance and tells me I'm combat-ready.

Was pretty awesome.
    Last edited by The Linker; 2010-11-26 at 12:52 AM.