New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1476
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Steam] Thread XVII: /sm_rename "Steam Thread": da]mexitt hr[a vise

Quote Originally Posted by The Linker View Post
    I played through the tutorial -- tried to kill the patrol bot at the end by throwing some TNT blocks at it. I succeeded, but blew off my legs in the process. I crawled around for the entire remainder of the tutorial, including meeting with my superior who congratulates me on my performance and tells me I'm combat-ready.

Was pretty awesome.
    I did the same thing.

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by watsyurname529 View Post
    I did the same thing.
    You know that airport level? Near the start, with patrolling robots and so on? I fought through about 70% of it with no legs and one arm.

Including snipers, mooks with flamethrowers and giant robots. JC, crawling or not, is unstoppable.
    Last edited by Cogwheel; 2010-11-26 at 01:14 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Byrnbot08 View Post
    If anyone here has played Reccetear, I would really like ta know how good it is.

I've only got one shot at this, and I don't wanna screw up with my one game redemption thing I have going on with mah family.
    Do you like RPGs? Do you like massive cuteness? Do you like making a shameless profit?

If you answered yes to the previous questions, get Recettear, man.

Yeah, the game is great. Gets a tad repetitive by the end, but it's a fair amount of hours before that happens and it's really fun.

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Ogre in the Playground

I played through the tutorial -- tried to kill the patrol bot at the end by throwing some TNT blocks at it. I succeeded, but blew off my legs in the process. I crawled around for the entire remainder of the tutorial, including meeting with my superior who congratulates me on my performance and tells me I'm combat-ready.

Was pretty awesome.
    I am starting to get the impression that everyone is crawling by the end up the tutorial their first time through.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drager0 View Post
    MY LIFE IS RUINED FOREVER AND IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF YOU, VOLATAR!!!!
    My Twitter
    Awesome Yukari avatar by memnarch.

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Volatar View Post
    I am starting to get the impression that everyone is crawling by the end up the tutorial their first time through.
    Too true.

Too. True.
    Remember how I was wishing for the peace of oblivion a minute ago?

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

X-Com avatar by BRC. He's good folks.

6. - Top - End - #1206
    Troll in the Playground

I did too (:

By all means if this is possible I will not refuse a shiny gift-wrapped Reccetear.
    Turns out you don't get extra copies if it's a pack. That's annoying!

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Bor the Barbarian Monk View Post
    Dis...As far as I can tell, you are a cool frood who knows where his towel is.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Librarian View Post
    Run, little Aussie artist man. Your doom will be swift and silent -
    - like the owl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charity View Post
    *Hands Dizzy his SwoongunTM*
    Which is a hairdrier full of ether.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulion View Post
    ...Dispozition...you rock so hard I feel like throwing you my underwear in appreciation just so you can know how much that rocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emlyn View Post
    Dis, I love you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    Your quotes rawk.

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dispozition View Post
    I did too (:

Turns out you don't get extra copies if it's a pack. That's annoying!
    Yeah.

It's lame, but it's the standard policy.
    Remember how I was wishing for the peace of oblivion a minute ago?

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

X-Com avatar by BRC. He's good folks.

8. - Top - End - #1208
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Drascin View Post
    Yeah, the game is great. Gets a tad repetitive by the end, but it's a fair amount of hours before that happens and it's really fun.
    I think I was too busy reveling in the pix haul clinking into my coffer to notice the repetitiveness. Lol. Money money money money money money...
    Ludicrus Gaming: on games and story
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

9. - Top - End - #1209

I actualy had all my limbs by the end of the tutorial. I didn`t even kill the bot.....
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    Have you seen what Bulbasaur is packing?

Long range razor sharp projectiles.
    Seeds with the speed and power of smg rounds.
    Midrange explosives.
    Death rays powered by the sun itself!
    Steam name: Dragero Add me! (Just click this link)

10. - Top - End - #1210
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

NOTE: Movie Tonight! At 6 PM! Hogfather!

NOTE: It's three hours long!
    Last edited by shadow_archmagi; 2010-11-26 at 08:14 AM.
    Avatar by K penguin. Sash by Damned1rishman.
    MOVIE NIGHTS AND LETS PLAYS LIVESTREAMED

11. - Top - End - #1211
    Ogre in the Playground

Smarter than what I did... which was hack the bot with my crowbar.

12. - Top - End - #1212
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Neftren View Post
    Smarter than what I did... which was hack the bot with my crowbar.
    Good effort, but that's not how hacking works.

Shadow: What time is it there now? So I know when 6 PM is here, I mean. It's Hogfather, I will watch this if I have to stay up all night to do so.
    Last edited by Cogwheel; 2010-11-26 at 09:02 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

13. - Top - End - #1213
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post

Shadow: What time is it there now? So I know when 6 PM is here, I mean. It's Hogfather, I will watch this if I have to stay up all night to do so.
    I should have said "hit violently" after realizing that "hacking" is actually a skill in Deus Ex.

14. - Top - End - #1214
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post

As of me typing this, my clock says 9:37 am.

Also, I'll be doing a Stream of Just Cuz 2 for an hour or two beforehand.
    Avatar by K penguin. Sash by Damned1rishman.
    MOVIE NIGHTS AND LETS PLAYS LIVESTREAMED

15. - Top - End - #1215
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by shadow_archmagi View Post
    As of me typing this, my clock says 9:37 am.

Also, I'll be doing a Stream of Just Cuz 2 for an hour or two beforehand.
    Thanks. 8 AM~11 AM my time, then. Doable.

Might watch JC2, as well. Considering getting it if it goes on sale, looks like fun.

Neftren: I know that's not what you meant. Semantics amuse me. You're supposed to kill it with A BOMB.
    Last edited by Cogwheel; 2010-11-26 at 10:00 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

16. - Top - End - #1216
    Ogre in the Playground

Blegh. I need a new computer to play all these games :/

17. - Top - End - #1217
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Neftren View Post
    Blegh. I need a new computer to play all these games :/
    i'm sure you cant wait to be a useless piece of **** all day and play all these games
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Mordekaiser for president.

18. - Top - End - #1218
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ShortOne View Post
    I still haven't been invited to the group. Can someone please fix that? Also, Ona, what timeframe are we looking at?
    I want to chuck names out on the 5th, expecting people to gift anytime between then and christmas day (because not everyone can buy games on christmas day).
    Thank Saturn for this avatar!

19. - Top - End - #1219
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Winthur View Post
    i'm sure you cant wait to be a useless piece of **** all day and play all these games
    Oh yeah, most definitely

I've been meaning to get a new computer since last December, so...

20. - Top - End - #1220

Was pretty awesome.
    I did the same thing.
    I blew my legs off by throwing TNT. And then I proceeded to sneak around the bot.

I do not think that is how you are supposed to sneak, but on the other hand I am completely silent when on the floor.

Writings and ramblings would be here. Get it out of my head, and into yours.

Android Sniper avatar courtesy of Kpenguin

21. - Top - End - #1221
    Orc in the Playground

Anyone's review of torchlight? Its on sale for 5 bucks today.

22. - Top - End - #1222
    Ogre in the Playground

November 26th's Deals
    (If you have something to say, say it and I'll add it here)

Freedom Force Pack: 10 for 7.49
    Description: Fun if you like Torchlight, but think it needs more Captain America ripoffs, a squad of superheroes, and more mission-based gameplay.

Portal Pack: 6 for 15
    Description: Portal is an amazing game, if a little short. You should play it at least to understand general cake-related memes and to know that your Aperture Science Weighted Companion Cube will never threaten to stab you, and in fact cannot speak. You should also already own it, potentially for free. Maybe your non-Steam friends will enjoy it.

WH40k DoW II Chaos Rising Pack: 8 for 40

Empire Total War Pack: 6 for 60

Burnout Paradise: Ultimate: 14.99

WH40k DoW II Gold: 13.60

Machinarium: 5.00

Tropico 3 Gold: 29.99 (The **** is this? It's not even discounted) 7.50 (Fixed rather quickly. Still funny)

Torchlight: 5.00
    Description: For 5 Bucks torchlight is a steal, I recommend it to those who enjoy MMO Games. Or any RPG. Yeah, it's not the world's greatest game but for that price? Well worth it as a decent Diablo clone.

Empire Total War: 14.99

ARMA II: Operation Arrowhead: 19.99

Blur: 14.99

Indie Clever Pack: 4.99
    Last edited by AlterForm; 2010-11-26 at 07:47 PM.

23. - Top - End - #1223
    Barbarian in the Playground

I think I skipped the tutorial so I never even saw that evil bot until after I'd beaten the game. Then I sneaked around it. No biggie.

24. - Top - End - #1224
    Ogre in the Playground

AlterForm, the Tropico pack is $7.50...

Deals today seem to be pretty underwhelming too, and the week's deals aren't looking too great. The list I've found has been spot on so far.

25. - Top - End - #1225
    Ogre in the Playground

It was listed as a 0% markdown immediately after the new sales went up. At least on my end.

Screencap:
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1226

Quote Originally Posted by AlterForm View Post
    It was listed as a 0% markdown immediately after the new sales went up. At least on my end.

Screencap:
    Spoiler
    Show
    That is best discount I have ever seen.

0% is such a low discount, it is off the scales of low discounts.

In fact, on a scale of 0 to 1, it is exactly 0 on the scale of low discounts.

This is impressive.

Writings and ramblings would be here. Get it out of my head, and into yours.

Android Sniper avatar courtesy of Kpenguin

27. - Top - End - #1227
    Barbarian in the Playground

Damn. I want Arkham Asylum, and I appear to have missed the sale. This is sad and fail.
    Don’t date the sane ones, they’ll only make you crazy. Date the really insane ones but never let them know where you live or work.

28. - Top - End - #1228
    Troll in the Playground

Honestly, I almost thought it was a typical Valve joke.

Also, this sale guilt-trips me. So very much. Not getting to buy a game for myself is a pity. Deciding I can't afford a pack (especially for a game I already own) feels somehow inexcusable.

I wish I could get a single copy of Chaos Rising at the discounted price, though. Or even a 4-pack, but not at their current asking price/amount. That's a bit much.

Would consider the portal pack, but everyone has about three copies of Portal these days.

To the brush that is probably maybe sorta tar: You will receive a PM shortly. It may or may not be helpful.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

29. - Top - End - #1229
    Troll in the Playground

...I bought Tropico 3 two days ago for 5 euros. Now Steam puts the game plus expansion at 7.50. God dammit .

30. - Top - End - #1230
    Orc in the Playground

For 5 Bucks torchlight is a steal, I recommend it to those who enjoy MMO Games. Or any RPG.