New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1732333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1476
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: [Steam] Thread XVII: /sm_rename "Steam Thread": da]mexitt hr[a vise

Okay guys! streaming starts now at THIS LINK

Come for the movie, be amused by the Rico!

Sorry I'm late getting started.
    Avatar by K penguin. Sash by Damned1rishman.
    MOVIE NIGHTS AND LETS PLAYS LIVESTREAMED

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Troll in the Playground

Important question for you streamers: How much bandwidth does this streaming thing suck up? Lots? I'm home at my parents' place right now, and my mother informed me they got a warning saying they've used 75% of their monthly allotted usage, which is apparently something like 95 gigs in total. They didn't even know they had a monthly limit, so we've certainly never gotten close before. The only new variables are Netflix, and my streams of Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children and Ĉon Flux.

If it is the streaming that's sucking up the usage, I'll have to delay Matrix with Rifftrax to Sunday night, or even Monday.

Oh, and I'll be unable to watch the Hogfather with you all, unfortunately. Keep the recording on your channel and I'll watch it later.
    Last edited by The Linker; 2010-11-26 at 06:25 PM.

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Sigh. Day 3 of the Steam Sale, and no TF2 yet. Fingers remain crossed.

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MamaLuigi View Post
    For 5 Bucks torchlight is a steal, I recommend it to those who enjoy MMO Games. Or any RPG.
    Yeah, it's not the world's greatest game but for that price? Well worth it.
    I write a gaming blog. It also hosts my gaming downloads:

Fatescape - FATE-based D&D emulator, for when you want D&D flavour but not D&D complexity.
    Exalted Mass Combat Rules - Because the ones in the core book suck.

5. - Top - End - #1235
    Bugbear in the Playground

Meh...nothing to great today.....though I do remeber having fun with freedom force a few years back, I'd recomend it for people who liked Torchlight but thinks it needs more Captain America rip-offs. (Also a squad of super-heros, and more mission based gameplay)

Shame I lost my disk.
    Last edited by Dragero; 2010-11-26 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Disk /=/ Male body part
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    Have you seen what Bulbasaur is packing?

Long range razor sharp projectiles.
    Seeds with the speed and power of smg rounds.
    Midrange explosives.
    Death rays powered by the sun itself!
    Steam name: Dragero Add me! (Just click this link)

6. - Top - End - #1236
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

I saw Torchlight - it looked like a decent Diablo clone, is it worth the $5 then?

7. - Top - End - #1237
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    I saw Torchlight - it looked like a decent Diablo clone, is it worth the $5 then?
    Yes, IMO. Not worth the $20 it usually is, though.
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash Kazdar View Post
    - Feud, the: The 'secret' plot to do something to BlackFox for some reason no one seems to really recall. Accusations of a government cover-up concerning the Feud remain unsubstantiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
    Hoseki looks between Blackfox and El Jaspero. "...I think the Elemental Plane of Fire has frozen over."

8. - Top - End - #1238
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Drager0 View Post
    Meh...nothing to great today.....though I do remeber having fun with freedom force a few years back, I'd recomend it for people who liked Torchlight but thinks it needs more Captain America rip-offs. (Also a squad of super-heros, and more mission based gameplay)

Shame I lost my disk.
    Blasted fun game. I still need to finish the second one. I love the gameplay, and the characters are greatly cheesy.
    Ludicrus Gaming: on games and story
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

9. - Top - End - #1239

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by The Linker View Post
    Keep the recording on your channel and I'll watch it later.
    Honestly I have no idea how the channel sorts recordings. I didn't even know it did it until I logged in to test my own stream and saw the "WATCH OLD STUFF NOW" button.

Anyway, as for bandwidth, I have no idea. I generally run around 400 kbps, but that's UPLOAD speed, and I have no idea how that factors into a monthly limit.

Anyway, according to my math, at 400 kilobytes a second it'd take a looong time to burn through 95 gigs.

But what do I know (I know very little)

10. - Top - End - #1240

YESYESYESYESYES

Torchlight is AMAZING. Imagine Diablo 1, but instead of ending at floor 15, it just goes on forever! Same basic classes (Fighter, Mage, Ranger types), same random items/floors, same developers. Torchlight was actualy made by some of the original Devs of diablo. It`s pretty much Diablo with updated graphics, ect. It`s practicly an enhanced remake.

Is it worth $5? Hell yes.

Midrange explosives.

11. - Top - End - #1241
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Odds are you're getting close to the bandwidth UPLOAD cap, which is typically set very, very, very low.

Otherwise... well, downloading/streaming HD movies can get you near that cap quickly. A movie can range from 1-8 Gb, which rapidly chews through your allotted bandwidth. Netflix may be a factor here.

12. - Top - End - #1242
    Ogre in the Playground

Sigh. Day 3 of the Steam Sale, and no TF2 yet. Fingers remain crossed.
    TF2 isn't going on sale as far as anybody knows. I posted a list earlier, and so far it's been 100% correct.

13. - Top - End - #1243

Quote Originally Posted by The Linker View Post
    Important question for you streamers: How much bandwidth does this streaming thing suck up? Lots? I'm home at my parents' place right now, and my mother informed me they got a warning saying they've used 75% of their monthly allotted usage, which is apparently something like 95 gigs in total. They didn't even know they had a monthly limit, so we've certainly never gotten close before. The only new variables are Netflix, and my streams of Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children and Ĉon Flux.

If it is the streaming that's sucking up the usage, I'll have to delay Matrix with Rifftrax to Sunday night, or even Monday.

Oh, and I'll be unable to watch the Hogfather with you all, unfortunately. Keep the recording on your channel and I'll watch it later.
    According to the Netflix website, a normal movie will use about 1GB of bandwidth per hour, while an HD movie will suck up 2GB per hour.

I think we found your probleml

Midrange explosives.

14. - Top - End - #1244

Kobold

Should probably mention: Scott Pilgrim will be delayed one week, since next friday will be Part Two of Hogfather, as we were unable to finish tonight.

15. - Top - End - #1245

Yes. Hell yes. Especially with all the mods.

Quote Originally Posted by blackfox View Post
    Yes, IMO. Not worth the $20 it usually is, though.
    Eh, it's worth it if you really enjoy that type of game and mod it to your heart's content.

16. - Top - End - #1246

Imp

Here's a question: I've been buying the indie packs, and this last one came with World of Goo. I already had Goo from the Humble Indie Bundle. If I install the Steam version, will I be able to play my old file?
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

17. - Top - End - #1247
    Ogre in the Playground

Booted up VVVVVV

Played for about an hour.

Died just over 700 times.

Veni. Vidi. Vici.

If you don't know, Veni Vidi Vici is a Nintendo Hard section of the game. Look it up on Youtube for a video.
    Last edited by AlterForm; 2010-11-27 at 12:52 AM.

18. - Top - End - #1248
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    Here's a question: I've been buying the indie packs, and this last one came with World of Goo. I already had Goo from the Humble Indie Bundle. If I install the Steam version, will I be able to play my old file?
    Dunno.

Maybe, but you'd probably need to shuffle some files.
    Remember how I was wishing for the peace of oblivion a minute ago?

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

X-Com avatar by BRC. He's good folks.

19. - Top - End - #1249

WolfInSheepsClothing

Hoping for some help from those with better computer-fu than I: Downloaded the demo for Dawn of War 2 and when I tried to play it said it couldn't start because xlive.dll was missing from my computer. I went online and download xlive.dll and placed it in the windows32 folder per instructions. It still won't work. Any suggestions

I've been having similar issues with other games I'd got through steam so I figured this was the place to get help instead of making another thread.
    Fallen London: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Acliabides

Quote Originally Posted by Fibinachi View Post
    Raxtel would like to quick-draw his grapnel and line gun and try to reel in Sarge like some particularly authoritive fish before we lose him in the middle of the rebel infested, colder-than-space tundra.
    Only War Jungle of Sin: Darrien Holt

20. - Top - End - #1250
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AlterForm View Post
    Booted up VVVVVV

Veni. Vidi. Vici.

If you don't know, Veni Vidi Vici is a Nintendo Hard section of the game. Look it up on Youtube for a video.
    Hah. Yeah, love that one. Died who knows how many times (likely a hundred or two) trying to beat it, but I did. It was cause for much celebration!

And then my hard drive exploded and now I have to start again. Blargh.

21. - Top - End - #1251

Quote Originally Posted by Demon 997 View Post
    Hoping for some help from those with better computer-fu than I: Downloaded the demo for Dawn of War 2 and when I tried to play it said it couldn't start because xlive.dll was missing from my computer. I went online and download xlive.dll and placed it in the windows32 folder per instructions. It still won't work. Any suggestions

I've been having similar issues with other games I'd got through steam so I figured this was the place to get help instead of making another thread.
    Operating system (ie, Windows XP, Vista or 7?)

Restart Steam and try launching the demo again. There should be a short delay while Steam updates the files and places correct copies of everything into place for you.

If that doesn't work, try the steps below.

Go to your add/remove programs window, uninstall something called:
    "Microsoft Games for Windows LIVE Redistributable"

Then after it has been uninstalled, download the latest GFWL client. It can be found here.

Install that, restart Steam and try again.

If that doesn't work, feel free to bash my head in with a rock for wasting your time.

Writings and ramblings would be here. Get it out of my head, and into yours.

Android Sniper avatar courtesy of Kpenguin

22. - Top - End - #1252
    Troll in the Playground

Briefly pondered getting the DoW2 pack for Chaos Rising, but nah. Saving up for the next few days. Got Eve Online yesterday, though - not for myself, mind, but still.

I hope Neftren's list continues to be right, it'd mean Just Cause 2 coming up.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

23. - Top - End - #1253
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by watsyurname529 View Post
    Eh, it's worth it if you really enjoy that type of game and mod it to your heart's content.
    Fair enough. I guess I don't like that kind of game as much as BG-type WRPGs, so I can't be arsed to mod Torchlight.
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash Kazdar View Post
    - Feud, the: The 'secret' plot to do something to BlackFox for some reason no one seems to really recall. Accusations of a government cover-up concerning the Feud remain unsubstantiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
    Hoseki looks between Blackfox and El Jaspero. "...I think the Elemental Plane of Fire has frozen over."

24. - Top - End - #1254
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AlterForm View Post
    Booted up VVVVVV

Veni. Vidi. Vici.

While I've yet to beat Veni Vidi Vici I'd say its beaten in difficulty by getting a good time in the Super Gravitron.
    Steamname: Atheist God, if you're lucky.

25. - Top - End - #1255
    Ogre in the Playground

Before it goes off sale, I want to recommend DoW2 one last time.
    It really is a great game.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avvies by Z-Axis, now bearer of 3 divine rank.
    So you may have heard of Lord Herman. Well, he's pretty awesome.
    Chief Arial Commander of HALO
    Through hostilties, Leader of AMEN
    Annoyingly Androgynous Elf
    Larger Avvies:
    Shas aia Toriia (under constuction)
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1256
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shas aia Toriia View Post
    Before it goes off sale, I want to recommend DoW2 one last time.
    It really is a great game.
    I've wondered whether to get it, but I'm not going to have a computer capable of running it until at least February (if no sudden expensive emergencies happen in the meantime), so it really seemed kind of silly. It'll probably go on sale on Christmas anyway.

27. - Top - End - #1257
    Ogre in the Playground

Eh, today's deals are similarly un-noteworthy.

28. - Top - End - #1258

Sales just launched, nothing too great.....L4D2 for 5 bucks tho, and the CSS 6 pack for......well it hasn't been put up apparently, but CSS is fun....

Don't know if Supreme commander 2 is any good, but it's $3.75

Midrange explosives.

29. - Top - End - #1259
    Ogre in the Playground

The King's Bounty games are good fun - a lot like HoMM, with a sense of humour.
    I write a gaming blog. It also hosts my gaming downloads:

Fatescape - FATE-based D&D emulator, for when you want D&D flavour but not D&D complexity.
    Exalted Mass Combat Rules - Because the ones in the core book suck.

30. - Top - End - #1260
    Ogre in the Playground

Don't know if Supreme commander 2 is any good, but it's $3.75
    :O :! !!!!!! Definitely worth buying that. The first game was rather good.
    MY LIFE IS RUINED FOREVER AND IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF YOU, VOLATAR!!!!
    My Twitter
    Awesome Yukari avatar by memnarch.