New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beholder

Default Re: Where's more 4th Edition?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    heh. I'm a 4E'er, I did some research on Essentials.

guess what. I looked WotC's online DnD catalog, and Essentials were listed as a supplement, meaning that Essentials is not even Core, so its not even a central part of the rules, in short....

Essentials is completely optional, is not essential at all.
    It is essential for Encounters.

God damned Wizards of the Coast, making us buy their crappy products.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans
    Not again...

2. - Top - End - #32
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lhurgyof View Post

Usually stores don't care if you host a game at their shop.
    So yeah, you could just host you're own game. Encounter's is too short for me anyways.
    Hey people, I can see you signed your name. You don't need to do this. I can see it on the side, right above your avatar.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground

Alright then. Remember I'm still new at 4E, and only have the core books, and haven't even managed to look through and get a grip on what extra books they already have out now.

What's the difference, then, between the "Player's Options" book Heroes of Shadow, and things like the Powers books? Are there any other "Player's Options" books, or is this one the first?
    Assassin avatar by the awesome Elder Tsofu.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 0Megabyte View Post
    What's the difference, then, between the "Player's Options" book Heroes of Shadow, and things like the Powers books? Are there any other "Player's Options" books, or is this one the first?
    It's hard to say right now, as Heroes of Shadow hasn't come out yet, nor has any real details been released. As for other Player's Options books, Heroes of the Fallen Lands and Heroes of the Forgotten Kingdoms from the Essentials line don't have "Player's Options" in their names, but they do have another obvious similarity in naming scheme.
    Thanks to Elrond for the Vash avatar.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground

No wonder I assumed it was in the Essentials line. I saw the others with the similar names!
    Assassin avatar by the awesome Elder Tsofu.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

As long as this new 'item rarity' system doesn't cause Mimics to transform into randomized booster packs instead of treasure chests, I'm all cool with it myself.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Essentials is completely optional, is not essential at all.
    But of course.

Quote Originally Posted by 0Megabyte View Post
    The difference is that the Powers books contain new builds and powers for existing classes, whereas the Heroes of Shadow book is said to contain new classes. It's more easily compared to the PHB3 than to the Power books.

Also, the layout, the paperback size, the double flavor text on all powers, the rarity on items, etc.
    Guide to the Magus, the Pathfinder Gish class.

"I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain
    Crystal Shard Studios - Freeware games designed by Kurald and others!

8. - Top - End - #38
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lhurgyof View Post

Yeah, but to be fair, Encounters is Wizard's way of not only giving a way for players to play, but also to showcase their new products.

Now what we can curse Wizards for is making the Character Builder such a good, well supported program that makes it a breeze to make characters.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

You know, for some of us it's a blessing as iot means we don't have to worry any more hardcovers coming out for a while, given my group is in the middle of a big campaign we want things to stand still. I want things to stand still, as DM so I don't have to remember as much.

The monk is a bit pissed off though.

None of my group is going to go with Essentials, we discussed it and all said no way as we said 4E was dumbing down anyway from 3.5. But we play 4E as it's so compatable with Star Wars, which we came off the back of.

Running Tomb of Horrors 4E in all that horrific tombyness.

My Blog The Level 1 GM

10. - Top - End - #40
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrant View Post
    Psionic Power, release date 8/17/10 (just over 2 months ago). Heroes of Shadow, release date 3/15/11 (a little under 4 months from now). 7 months is a really short year, which doesn't account for any of the other material like maps, miniatures, etc.

Edit: It looks like it's actually even less of an interval. Rules Compendium came out on 9/21/10 (just over a month ago).
    You know, releasing a Rules Compendium was one of the last things WotC did before wrapping up the 3.5 line. While they were denying that 4th edition was in the pipeline, too.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kurald Galain View Post
    But of course.

The difference is that the Powers books contain new builds and powers for existing classes, whereas the Heroes of Shadow book is said to contain new classes. It's more easily compared to the PHB3 than to the Power books.

Also, the layout, the paperback size, the double flavor text on all powers, the rarity on items, etc.
    Are you sure it is having new classes? I heard they were looking at adding shadow options for the existing classes not add new classes. OK Doing some searching I see they do say now there will be new classes and races in it as well.