New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachitP: Reborn: OOC Thread 13

Man, I don't know whether to laugh at the overblown reaction to Nasumi's cookies of death or to feel bad for poor Nasumi.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

2. - Top - End - #752
    Dwarf in the Playground

Why not both?
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

3. - Top - End - #753
    Orc in the Playground

I'm not Two-Face, I can't laugh with half my face and frown with the other half!

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

4. - Top - End - #754
    Dwarf in the Playground

Then laugh, and while you're doing that find someone who's frowning and take their face. They don't need it that badly.
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

5. - Top - End - #755
    Titan in the Playground

I'm gonna be slow for the next week, so sorry in advance. Got some work that needs doing.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

6. - Top - End - #756
    Pixie in the Playground

Someone interesting just walked into the Venti Buon...

EDIT: just to check, no one else is in the Venti Buon besides the wait staff, right? Well, and Donovan.
    Last edited by Kayne650; 2010-11-28 at 10:00 PM.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

7. - Top - End - #757
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Rose View Post
    *sigh*

I've been trying to put this off for as long as I could in hopes that circumstances would change for the better, but they just aren't right now.

To my extreme sadness, I will not be able to post here or in the Naruto RP any longer. Life has become very hectic and cluttered for me of late and try as I might, I just don't have the time or the mental acuity to keep up with these RPs right now.

I'm very sorry for not giving any prior notice or responding to PMs, and I desperately wish I was able to continue, as I had a blast RPing with you all. But right now circumstances have conspired against me to prevent it.

As for my characters... Sakura can step down from her post and Takara... well, I will let Kasanip decide, as Eri and Takara are so closely tied.

Once again, I am deeply sorry for dropping the ball so suddenly, and I really hope that some day in the near future I will be able to get back into RPing in these games... Until then, so long and thank you all for the fun. *hugs*

Goodbye Purple Rose! It is very sad.
    Erima and Takara will stay together I think. I cannot make them so different. So they will be remembered happily. If you come back, maybe we can play then.

Now to have no extra role in BleachITP Reborn. I want to make new pair character team.
    Last edited by Kasanip; 2010-11-29 at 02:56 AM.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

8. - Top - End - #758
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Man, I don't know whether to laugh at the overblown reaction to Nasumi's cookies of death or to feel bad for poor Nasumi.
    Feel bad for Nasumi?

Nonono! You've got it all wrong! You should feel bad for her poor victims! Don't feel bad for the cook from hell who resorts to domestic abuse if her victims don't eat her creations willingly! XD

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Now to have no extra role in BleachITP Reborn. I want to make new pair character team.
    ... I'm hoping someone else volunteers, because otherwise I'll end up creating yet another character.

Any chance the pairing could be one pre-existing character plus the new one?
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2010-11-29 at 09:52 AM.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

9. - Top - End - #759
    Orc in the Playground

Yeah, I've got at least two more characters in the oven, and I already have six of them. I really shouldn't, though...

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #760
    Orc in the Playground

Randomly, while I had Val wander across the graveyard for a reason (*coughSoracough*), I feel it appropriate to say that random hollow attacks on Val are welcomed as long as the hollow has a unique ability for her to eat. I mean, it'd be boring if I came up with them all.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn˛ characters!
    Madokapunk!

11. - Top - End - #761
    Pixie in the Playground

Actually, I wouldn't mind having another character. I have five right now, but Caiphus isn't doing anything, and Seiko and Daisuke aren't particularly exciting right now. So, if you have an idea for one, let me know, and we can try to work something out.

Alternatively, you could try playing some of Mayumi's family. I was considering looking for someone to play Mayumi's husband, so if you're interested in that, let me know!
    Star Wars iTP characters

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

12. - Top - End - #762
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd gladly play one part of the pair if you'd like. I only play two characters currently, and each is in a different setting.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-11-29 at 04:58 PM.

13. - Top - End - #763
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kayne650 View Post
    Actually, I wouldn't mind having another character. I have five right now, but Caiphus isn't doing anything, and Seiko and Daisuke aren't particularly exciting right now. So, if you have an idea for one, let me know, and we can try to work something out.

Alternatively, you could try playing some of Mayumi's family. I was considering looking for someone to play Mayumi's husband, so if you're interested in that, let me know!
    "That reminds me, I should send Daisuke-chan a gift too..."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #764
    Titan in the Playground

I actually have a pair I'm working on right now, but I'm designing both characters b/c one of them relates to an existing character that I've already played and one of them is a revamp of a past character.

15. - Top - End - #765
    Pixie in the Playground

I would appreciate an answer to my earlier question about being able to RP two separate times with the same character as long as they dont overlap..thank you

Also, I have a new character i would like to propose (see below)

Taro Kondo, Vice Captain of the 10th Division
    Spoiler
    Show

Kondo, Taro (family, given)
    (Ring name (close friends may call him this or those only remembering him from the Sumo ring): “Kondowaka”)

Vital Stats:
    Height: 6’11
    Weight: 400lbs.
    Hair:
    Has dark black hair tied back in a traditional sumo hairstyle called “Chonmage”. Additionally he wears it in a more extravagant “Oicho” style, which is rather rare. He still wears this hairstyle despite him being inactive in the Soul Society Sumo wrestling federation (normally once retiring you snip off the topknot), something which makes his fans believe he will make a comeback some day.
    Skin:
    Very pale, but tough, white skin.
    Eyes:
    Green
    Reiatsu:
    Light blue with dark blue border
    Vice Captain of the 10th Division

Appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show

Taro is a very large man, monumental in size, and his past profession as Sumo wrestler is obvious in his looks and dress. He wears the traditional black Shinigami robes, however he wears the top of the robes extremely open showing much of his chest. Around his belly he also wears some fabric under the robes on which are colorful and have significance to his Sumo wrestling days. He also does not wear the normal Shinigami shoes instead being barefoot at all times. He is a handsome, but large man. He is just as in shape as he once was while in Sumo, and is extremely physically strong and imposing and very rarely is able to hide in a crowd.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show

Taro is a rather laid back individual though not a fool, and even as a young and famous Sumo wrestler he has always been rather modest. Loyal to his fans he never hesitates to sign an autograph even after he entered the Gotei 13. He is a free speaker, when given the opportunity, and is very observant and quite the detective. He joined the Gotei 13 after he decided to stop competing in the Soul Society Sumo Wrestling Federation, something his entire family was against. He gave no reason other than he felt his talents could be better served as a Shinigami rather than in tournaments. He enjoys sake and will spend his free time in the various bars in the Seretei and Rukongai, and despite his size he has never been found lacking to find an open seat. He also enjoys eating in general and especially sweets (Earth doughnuts being his favorite), a common scene in the morning will find Taro with a box of doughnuts and a mug of coffee in his hands as he does his patrols. He uses his large size to his benefit in his job with the 10th Division, often being able to stop fights just by showing up to a brawl or ruckus. He is rather shy around ladies, though has many female admirers (old and young) from his time as a Sumo wrestler.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Kondo family is a family of Sumo wrestlers, every male has been an expert and famous Sumo wrestler and Taro is no different achieving the Yokuzuna title very early in his career. His early life was spent training and wrestling, watching his brothers and fathers all wrestle. When it was finally his time, he entered with a flourish and to this day he still holds the record for consecutive bouts without a loss (115-0) in the SSSWF (Soul Society Sumo Wrestling Federation) in the 25-50 year old age group, which gave him the celebrity status that he still holds today.

After wrestling for some time Taro found himself bored with tournaments and at the same time he felt his spiritual power rising. He began to slack on his training and bailed out of many tournaments, getting caught up in his celebrity status and developing a drinking and partying problem. One night he was at a bar drunk when a thief tried to steal from him and he lashed out at the thief with his hand. Only wishing to knock the man down, he was surprised to find out he had almost killed the man as he had added spiritual power to his hand attack without knowing due to his drunkenness. Taro was immediately put on probation from the SSSWF, his family almost disowning him, and he himself falling into a deep depression. After, cleaning up and training again he re-entered the SSSWF and competed for a short while, but he had lost all desire for competition, and as such he left the organization and joined the Gotei 13. His family was appalled by this and has since never went to see him since he joined.

His natural talents in Sumo, and celebrity status got him in despite his rather reasonable amount of spiritual pressure. He was not the best student at the Shinigami Academy, and as such it took him five years to complete the coursework and training, but at the end of those 5 years he was far from the young man who had entered the Academy. He had control of himself, his spiritual power, and had learned the basics of the Shinigami craft. He excelled at hand to hand combat (Sumo) as well as his observation and critical thinking aptitude tests and as such he was placed in the 10th Division (Military Police), where he felt his hand to hand skills could best be served.

Once joining the 10th, he used his talents as his Cpt and officers saw fit, even at times using his celebrity status to help thwart issues rather than his brute strength. He worked hard at his job, and moved himself up the ranks fast, ultimately culminating in him being assign Vice Captain. He also found that he got along very well with his superiors and quite enjoyed the personal training they offered when it came to his Zanpaktou training. Training for Taro was something had always excelled at and this was no different. He gained Shikai relatively early and has spent much of his time since then trying to master it, though rarely using it in his training of his subordinates, instead using his masterful use of hand to hand combat to train them.

He serves his Captain without question, and works hard for him doing whatever is asked. Joining the Gotei and achieving something other than tournament wins has brought Taro back to being a confident Soul, one who relishes his duties as well as his free time, even regaining his love for drinking sake in excess at times. He still, is somewhat bothered by his family not speaking to him, especially when the Sumo tournaments are happening.

Zanpaktou "Nomi no Sukune"
    Spoiler
    Show

Zanpaktou Spirit:
    Spoiler
    Show

The form of Nomi no Sukune is that of a large 20ft tall man made of a rocky material with a long beard. He is a boastful and egotistical man, calling out Taro for being a wimp all the time, challenging him to wrestle in his Inner World to prove he is worthy of his help outside of it.

Inner World:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Inner World of Nomi no Sukune is that of a large white marble quarry hexagonal and stadium-like in shape, with multiple tiers rising into the sky. Black sand covers the ground, and Nomi no Sukune sits on a throne of marble as he talks to Taro. The air is always whipping in the “stadium” and it has even rained and thundered on some of Taro’s visits.

Sealed state physical appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show

Taro carries a simple katana with a hexagonal tsuba, and light light blue grip, which he carries on his left side tucked into his white belt. It looks rather small on such a large man, and he rarely uses it in this form, choosing to rather fight hand to hand or in Shikai form.

Sealed state fighting style:
    Spoiler
    Show

As was said before, Taro rarely fights with his Zanpaktou in its sealed state, choosing to fight hand to hand or in his Shikai form. When he does, he is competent but not very fluid in his movements.

Sealed state special ability:
    Spoiler
    Show

None

General Skills:
    Spoiler
    Show

Zanjutsu:
    Spoiler
    Show

As a Vice Captain of the Gotei 13, Taro can wield his sword very well, however due to his size and the size of his sealed Zanpaktou it is clumsier than perhaps his rank should allow for. He is more than capable of holding his own with a sword, but it would be a far stretch to consider Taro a skilled swordsman. When Taro is in Shikai form his Zanpaktou takes the form of a sharpened War Fan, something he is far more skilled in wielding (though focusing on deflection and blocking).

Hakuda:
    Spoiler
    Show

Taro is one of the most masterful hand to hand combatants within the Gotei 13. Regardless of rank, his skill especially in Sumo is unparalleled. Due to his immense size and spiritual pressure, he is a force to be reckoned with in this arena of combat. He is proficient in most Martial Arts, those due to his size he tends to focus his talents on grapples, locks, throws, and hand strikes.

Hoho:
    Spoiler
    Show

Despite his enormous size, Taro moves rather quick, but this still ranks him at the bottom end of his Vice Captain counterparts when it comes to speed of foot. Taro prefers to fight on the ground if at all possible, as he says it is a waste of spiritual pressure to fight in the air if it can be avoided.

Kido:
    Spoiler
    Show

Taro was at the Shinigami for 5 years, it could have been 2-3 years if he would have picked up Kido faster. When he graduated he was competent enough, but it was obviously his least proficient skill, and is still so today. Per training in the 10th he has focused primarily on binding Kido, as the jobs of his division have required it of him, but his offensive Kido is rather non-existent past only the most basic of spells.

Reiryoku:
    Spoiler
    Show

Taro is an enormous man, and even as such his spiritual pressure makes him even bigger. Still training to utilize it best, Taro has embraced his size and his spiritual pressure. He channels his spiritual pressure into his hand to hand combat often, this combined with his hand to hand combat skill provides for a truly imposing figure on the battlefield. His punches and slaps are legendary (heightened by his celebrity status obviously), in a spar once he even knocked to his knees the East Gate Guardian in one punch.

Shikai:
    Spoiler
    Show

Command:
    Spoiler
    Show

“Hand of fate, your fingers spread wide!”

Shikai state physical appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show

After speaking the command and drawing his Zanpaktou form its sheath, his sword would turn into an extremely large black Japanese war fan with sharpened edges. Kanji written in red ink on both side reads “fate”.

Shikai state fighting style:
    Spoiler
    Show

Taro wields his War Fan in mostly a defensive manner, blocking and deflecting attacks, but he also will strike with its flat edge to incapacitate or strike with its sharpened edges in slashing maneuvers. Taro tends to fight with his fan in one hand while he uses his hand to hand combat to grapple his opponent, and bring them closer so he can strike them with the fan or its special attacks.

Shikai state special ability:
    Spoiler
    Show

Taro’s Shikai power allows for him to strike the ground (or air) in front of him which will then cause a massive explosive beam in the either direction the words on his fan are pointed. Taro can choose which ever direction he wants, as “fate” is written on both sides this allows for fighting him to be rather hard to get behind and surprise. He also can decide to choose both directions, however this will reduce the power of the explosive beam by half on each side.

Bankai:
    (Not achieved)
    Spoiler
    Show

Bankai state physical appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show

(Not achieved)

Bankai state fighting style:
    Spoiler
    Show

(Not achieved)
    Bankai state special ability:
    Spoiler
    Show

(Not achieved)

Spoiler
    Show

(Not achieved)

(Not achieved)
    Spoiler
    Show

(Not achieved)

16. - Top - End - #766
    Orc in the Playground

Perhaps you could compromise for 3rd seat or lower? We've kind of been trying to keep people from holding 2 VC spots or Captain spots (or two Espada spots, but I don't think we're as strict about fraccion since no Espada is limited to any strict number of Fraccion).
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn˛ characters!
    Madokapunk!

17. - Top - End - #767
    Pixie in the Playground

thanks for the reply...

I just thought since there was no one else in the 10th, that it might be nice to at least have the VC and Cpt spots filled...

I can change it to 3rd Seat if that is desired by the community.

also Strawberry... I am trying to finish up that 1st Division 3rd Seat i have been working on and off on for a while.... i took yours and FF's advice on changing up the powers so they dont overlap...i think i have something...i will submit it relatively soon

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Perhaps you could compromise for 3rd seat or lower? We've kind of been trying to keep people from holding 2 VC spots or Captain spots (or two Espada spots, but I don't think we're as strict about fraccion since no Espada is limited to any strict number of Fraccion).

18. - Top - End - #768
    Orc in the Playground

[11th Division]

After her talk with Seiko, Himura Michiko returned to her office. She's now struggling to rearrange tomorrow's training excercises so that her Vice-Captain won't be required for any of them.

Of course, her relative lack of trust towards vast majority of her division's officers is now coming back to bite her, and almost all updated training schedules list the commanding officer as either her or... (dun-dun-DUN) Amagatsu Kazuma.

Hopefully, the priorly rash man's change of heart is genuine and not just a fluke.
    Oh. My. God.

Does Michiko hate her subordinates that much? She's basically sending them through Hell Camp!

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #769
    Halfling in the Playground

Oh. My. God.

Does Michiko hate her subordinates that much? She's basically sending them through Hell Camp!
    Didn't that become clear through the 11th Division Ballet? No? Ahh, Michiko-san, perhaps you should have them do the Nutcracker this year.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

20. - Top - End - #770
    Pixie in the Playground

"The Nutcracker?! Yuuki-taichou, do you want a repeat of Swan Lake?"

"So many people died..."

And to answer Kuroi, yes. Yes she does.
    Last edited by Kayne650; 2010-11-29 at 05:11 PM.
    Star Wars iTP characters

21. - Top - End - #771
    Ettin in the Playground

*glare*

"I don't know what you're talking about. Dance lessons were only incorporated to our training regimen because our agility and co-ordination as a group, me included, was lacking. It has nothing to do with hatred."

Really, it's more like mommy trying to make her uppity kids eat their veggies.

22. - Top - End - #772
    Orc in the Playground

Had it occurred to her that in-combat coordination would be more easily achievable with, I dunno, combat coordination exercises?

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #773
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    *glare*

"I don't know what you're talking about. Dance lessons were only incorporated to our training regimen because our agility and co-ordination as a group, me included, was lacking. It has nothing to do with hatred."

Really, it's more like mommy trying to make her uppity kids eat their veggies.
    Doesn't mean it isn't actually a boon to their fighting
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

24. - Top - End - #774
    Ettin in the Playground

Had it occurred to her that in-combat coordination would be more easily achievable with, I dunno, combat coordination exercises?
    Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    Doesn't mean it isn't actually a boon to their fighting
    The joke is this: katas and dance maneuvers have so much in common, it can be impossible for unenlightened to distinguish which is which. In fact, some MAs can be and are taught as dance, and vice versa.

In addition, both group fighting and group dancing require a sense of rhythm, and are often directed by musical instruments.

The dance lessons? They're Michiko's version of Wax On, Wax Off.

It's a picture of Saiyuri having fun. With no make-up, and her natural hair color.

Clearly, the weather is about to take a turn for the worse.
    Nasumi will give a cookie to anyone who remembers what is Sayuri's natural hair color, and why does she wear so much make up.

"Go on, people! The contest has started!"

*fetches pompoms*

I'm off to sleep, now.

25. - Top - End - #775
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HirokatsuGoto View Post

Spoiler
    Show

(Ring name (close friends may call him this or those only remembering him from the Sumo ring): “Kondowaka”)

Vital Stats:
    Hair:
    Has dark black hair tied back in a traditional sumo hairstyle called “Chonmage”. Additionally he wears it in a more extravagant “Oicho” style, which is rather rare. He still wears this hairstyle despite him being inactive in the Soul Society Sumo wrestling federation (normally once retiring you snip off the topknot), something which makes his fans believe he will make a comeback some day.
    Skin:
    Eyes:
    Green
    Reiatsu:

Appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show

Taro is a very large man, monumental in size, and his past profession as Sumo wrestler is obvious in his looks and dress. He wears the traditional black Shinigami robes, however he wears the top of the robes extremely open showing much of his chest. Around his belly he also wears some fabric under the robes on which are colorful and have significance to his Sumo wrestling days. He also does not wear the normal Shinigami shoes instead being barefoot at all times. He is a handsome, but large man. He is just as in shape as he once was while in Sumo, and is extremely physically strong and imposing and very rarely is able to hide in a crowd.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show

Taro is a rather laid back individual though not a fool, and even as a young and famous Sumo wrestler he has always been rather modest. Loyal to his fans he never hesitates to sign an autograph even after he entered the Gotei 13. He is a free speaker, when given the opportunity, and is very observant and quite the detective. He joined the Gotei 13 after he decided to stop competing in the Soul Society Sumo Wrestling Federation, something his entire family was against. He gave no reason other than he felt his talents could be better served as a Shinigami rather than in tournaments. He enjoys sake and will spend his free time in the various bars in the Seretei and Rukongai, and despite his size he has never been found lacking to find an open seat. He also enjoys eating in general and especially sweets (Earth doughnuts being his favorite), a common scene in the morning will find Taro with a box of doughnuts and a mug of coffee in his hands as he does his patrols. He uses his large size to his benefit in his job with the 10th Division, often being able to stop fights just by showing up to a brawl or ruckus. He is rather shy around ladies, though has many female admirers (old and young) from his time as a Sumo wrestler.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Kondo family is a family of Sumo wrestlers, every male has been an expert and famous Sumo wrestler and Taro is no different achieving the Yokuzuna title very early in his career. His early life was spent training and wrestling, watching his brothers and fathers all wrestle. When it was finally his time, he entered with a flourish and to this day he still holds the record for consecutive bouts without a loss (115-0) in the SSSWF (Soul Society Sumo Wrestling Federation) in the 25-50 year old age group, which gave him the celebrity status that he still holds today.

After wrestling for some time Taro found himself bored with tournaments and at the same time he felt his spiritual power rising. He began to slack on his training and bailed out of many tournaments, getting caught up in his celebrity status and developing a drinking and partying problem. One night he was at a bar drunk when a thief tried to steal from him and he lashed out at the thief with his hand. Only wishing to knock the man down, he was surprised to find out he had almost killed the man as he had added spiritual power to his hand attack without knowing due to his drunkenness. Taro was immediately put on probation from the SSSWF, his family almost disowning him, and he himself falling into a deep depression. After, cleaning up and training again he re-entered the SSSWF and competed for a short while, but he had lost all desire for competition, and as such he left the organization and joined the Gotei 13. His family was appalled by this and has since never went to see him since he joined.

His natural talents in Sumo, and celebrity status got him in despite his rather reasonable amount of spiritual pressure. He was not the best student at the Shinigami Academy, and as such it took him five years to complete the coursework and training, but at the end of those 5 years he was far from the young man who had entered the Academy. He had control of himself, his spiritual power, and had learned the basics of the Shinigami craft. He excelled at hand to hand combat (Sumo) as well as his observation and critical thinking aptitude tests and as such he was placed in the 10th Division (Military Police), where he felt his hand to hand skills could best be served.

Once joining the 10th, he used his talents as his Cpt and officers saw fit, even at times using his celebrity status to help thwart issues rather than his brute strength. He worked hard at his job, and moved himself up the ranks fast, ultimately culminating in him being assign Vice Captain. He also found that he got along very well with his superiors and quite enjoyed the personal training they offered when it came to his Zanpaktou training. Training for Taro was something had always excelled at and this was no different. He gained Shikai relatively early and has spent much of his time since then trying to master it, though rarely using it in his training of his subordinates, instead using his masterful use of hand to hand combat to train them.

He serves his Captain without question, and works hard for him doing whatever is asked. Joining the Gotei and achieving something other than tournament wins has brought Taro back to being a confident Soul, one who relishes his duties as well as his free time, even regaining his love for drinking sake in excess at times. He still, is somewhat bothered by his family not speaking to him, especially when the Sumo tournaments are happening.

Spoiler
    Show

Zanpaktou Spirit:
    Spoiler
    Show

The form of Nomi no Sukune is that of a large 20ft tall man made of a rocky material with a long beard. He is a boastful and egotistical man, calling out Taro for being a wimp all the time, challenging him to wrestle in his Inner World to prove he is worthy of his help outside of it.

Inner World:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Inner World of Nomi no Sukune is that of a large white marble quarry hexagonal and stadium-like in shape, with multiple tiers rising into the sky. Black sand covers the ground, and Nomi no Sukune sits on a throne of marble as he talks to Taro. The air is always whipping in the “stadium” and it has even rained and thundered on some of Taro’s visits.

Spoiler
    Show

Taro carries a simple katana with a hexagonal tsuba, and light light blue grip, which he carries on his left side tucked into his white belt. It looks rather small on such a large man, and he rarely uses it in this form, choosing to rather fight hand to hand or in Shikai form.

Spoiler
    Show

As was said before, Taro rarely fights with his Zanpaktou in its sealed state, choosing to fight hand to hand or in his Shikai form. When he does, he is competent but not very fluid in his movements.

Spoiler
    Show

None

General Skills:
    Spoiler
    Show

Zanjutsu:
    Spoiler
    Show

As a Vice Captain of the Gotei 13, Taro can wield his sword very well, however due to his size and the size of his sealed Zanpaktou it is clumsier than perhaps his rank should allow for. He is more than capable of holding his own with a sword, but it would be a far stretch to consider Taro a skilled swordsman. When Taro is in Shikai form his Zanpaktou takes the form of a sharpened War Fan, something he is far more skilled in wielding (though focusing on deflection and blocking).

Hakuda:
    Spoiler
    Show

Taro is one of the most masterful hand to hand combatants within the Gotei 13. Regardless of rank, his skill especially in Sumo is unparalleled. Due to his immense size and spiritual pressure, he is a force to be reckoned with in this arena of combat. He is proficient in most Martial Arts, those due to his size he tends to focus his talents on grapples, locks, throws, and hand strikes.

Hoho:
    Spoiler
    Show

Despite his enormous size, Taro moves rather quick, but this still ranks him at the bottom end of his Vice Captain counterparts when it comes to speed of foot. Taro prefers to fight on the ground if at all possible, as he says it is a waste of spiritual pressure to fight in the air if it can be avoided.

Kido:
    Spoiler
    Show

Taro was at the Shinigami for 5 years, it could have been 2-3 years if he would have picked up Kido faster. When he graduated he was competent enough, but it was obviously his least proficient skill, and is still so today. Per training in the 10th he has focused primarily on binding Kido, as the jobs of his division have required it of him, but his offensive Kido is rather non-existent past only the most basic of spells.

Reiryoku:
    Spoiler
    Show

Taro is an enormous man, and even as such his spiritual pressure makes him even bigger. Still training to utilize it best, Taro has embraced his size and his spiritual pressure. He channels his spiritual pressure into his hand to hand combat often, this combined with his hand to hand combat skill provides for a truly imposing figure on the battlefield. His punches and slaps are legendary (heightened by his celebrity status obviously), in a spar once he even knocked to his knees the East Gate Guardian in one punch.

Shikai:
    Spoiler
    Show

Command:
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

After speaking the command and drawing his Zanpaktou form its sheath, his sword would turn into an extremely large black Japanese war fan with sharpened edges. Kanji written in red ink on both side reads “fate”.

Spoiler
    Show

Taro wields his War Fan in mostly a defensive manner, blocking and deflecting attacks, but he also will strike with its flat edge to incapacitate or strike with its sharpened edges in slashing maneuvers. Taro tends to fight with his fan in one hand while he uses his hand to hand combat to grapple his opponent, and bring them closer so he can strike them with the fan or its special attacks.

Spoiler
    Show

Taro’s Shikai power allows for him to strike the ground (or air) in front of him which will then cause a massive explosive beam in the either direction the words on his fan are pointed. Taro can choose which ever direction he wants, as “fate” is written on both sides this allows for fighting him to be rather hard to get behind and surprise. He also can decide to choose both directions, however this will reduce the power of the explosive beam by half on each side.

Bankai:
    (Not achieved)
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

(Not achieved)

Spoiler
    Show

(Not achieved)
    Spoiler
    Show

(Not achieved)

Spoiler
    Show

(Not achieved)

(Not achieved)
    Spoiler
    Show

(Not achieved)

If you don't mind, could you wait a couple of days for me to read and respond to this? I know we discussed it but I just want to make sure that the character does fit in 10th best and I don't have enormous amounts of free time.

26. - Top - End - #776

I would appreciate an answer to my earlier question about being able to RP two separate times with the same character as long as they dont overlap..thank you

Spoiler
    Show

Vital Stats:
    Hair:
    Skin:
    Eyes:
    Green
    Reiatsu:

Appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show

History:
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Zanpaktou Spirit:
    Spoiler
    Show

Inner World:
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

None

General Skills:
    Spoiler
    Show

Zanjutsu:
    Spoiler
    Show

Hakuda:
    Spoiler
    Show

Hoho:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kido:
    Spoiler
    Show

Reiryoku:
    Spoiler
    Show

Shikai:
    Spoiler
    Show

Command:
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Bankai:
    (Not achieved)
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

(Not achieved)

Spoiler
    Show

(Not achieved)
    Spoiler
    Show

(Not achieved)

Spoiler
    Show

(Not achieved)

(Not achieved)
    Spoiler
    Show

(Not achieved)

Couple questions. How big is the fan, and how far does the "beam" go on either side in shikai? Also, is that beam like a wall, staying in place for a while, or is it just an attack?

27. - Top - End - #777
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    If you don't mind, could you wait a couple of days for me to read and respond to this? I know we discussed it but I just want to make sure that the character does fit in 10th best and I don't have enormous amounts of free time.
    not a problem... maybe by Friday, so i can work on your suggestions or comments over the weekend?

28. - Top - End - #778
    Pixie in the Playground

Couple questions. How big is the fan, and how far does the "beam" go on either side in shikai? Also, is that beam like a wall, staying in place for a while, or is it just an attack?
    Good questions.... hmmm....I didnt really think of it being super big... just like a typical Gunbai war fan...but i guess since he is so big, maybe a bigger one would be prudent..or maybe smaller woudl still be fine

something like this in this link but bigger?
    http://traveljapanblog.com/wordpress...010086trim.jpg

or

http://de.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...20080113135856

or

http://www.e-budostore.com/images_sensu/kac-123.jpg

as for the beam...i had thought of it like an energy blast or something... kind of liek a cero energy blast or something...it would be faster to activate, but it would last a little while like a Cero's beam

the way i thought of it was as if he could choose which side to fire it out of...(or both directions at half power)...it was a means to have this primarily defensive weapon have an offensive ability... but since you mention it, maybe it should have a energy wall type of "defense" to pair with this ability...same theory as the attack, but a wall/shield of energy would pop up (like it would extend the small size of the fan so it looked bigger...and maybe the attack would be an energy blast in the shape of the fan itself to parallel the idea)

Maybe he could even have one side be a defense and one side an offense (each with half strength since both would be activated)

i am open for thoughts though... let me know

thanks for the input

29. - Top - End - #779

Good questions.... hmmm....I didnt really think of it being super big... just like a typical Gunbai war fan...but i guess since he is so big, maybe a bigger one would be prudent..or maybe smaller woudl still be fine

something like this in this link but bigger?
    http://traveljapanblog.com/wordpress...010086trim.jpg

or

http://de.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...20080113135856

or

http://www.e-budostore.com/images_sensu/kac-123.jpg

as for the beam...i had thought of it like an energy blast or something... kind of liek a cero energy blast or something...it would be faster to activate, but it would last a little while like a Cero's beam

the way i thought of it was as if he could choose which side to fire it out of...(or both directions at half power)...it was a means to have this primarily defensive weapon have an offensive ability... but since you mention it, maybe it should have a energy wall type of "defense" to pair with this ability...same theory as the attack, but a wall/shield of energy would pop up (like it would extend the small size of the fan so it looked bigger...and maybe the attack would be an energy blast in the shape of the fan itself to parallel the idea)

Maybe he could even have one side be a defense and one side an offense (each with half strength since both would be activated)

i am open for thoughts though... let me know

thanks for the input
    Oh, that's a war fan. I thought you meant like a bladed fan. In which case i thought you meant the size of Sangos'(From Inuyasha) boomerang

Also, you could have the beam make it bigger, but also add cutting power, if that would work. Have it act as a much larger and highly more lethal weapon that can still block. As you have it now, the defensive properties aren't really anything spectacular. He has more offensive power than he does defensive. If the weapon were bigger that would probably change though. I think your idea of having it both offensive and defensive would work very well.

30. - Top - End - #780
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh, that's a war fan. I thought you meant like a bladed fan. In which case i thought you meant the size of Sangos'(From Inuyasha) boomerang
    It's called a tessen. I believe anyway.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."