New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachitP: Reborn: OOC Thread 13

On this "Quincies killing Elder" plot, where does Kina fit into anything?
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    On this "Quincies killing Elder" plot, where does Kina fit into anything?
    ... unno. Maybe she doesn't? She might be horrified at the thought and decline from helping. Or she might be preoccupied with some other plot - hard to tell at this point.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

Quincies are, in general, an "underground" organization, right? They aren't well-known by average people, and while Shinigami know of them they haven't been able to do anything against them. Is that right, or is there a different idea we have in our canon?

4. - Top - End - #154
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quincies are, in general, an "underground" organization, right? They aren't well-known by average people, and while Shinigami know of them they haven't been able to do anything against them. Is that right, or is there a different idea we have in our canon?
    I think they have a semi-truce between SS and the quincy. Not sure though. But they are not actively killing eachother at the moment.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

Well, we decided there was no war, but is there even currently a conflict? That wasn't something I was sure on.

Also, should I not be writing this "Kina's counterargument to Kaito" post?

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ettin in the Playground

Shinigami are pretty ignorant of the Quincy, it seems. There are no hostilities between them right now. Quincies have strong family bonds, however, and different families living on the same area might know each other. Ordinary mortals know nothing of them, of course.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I got the impression Quincy kept a much lower profile, avoiding any true conflict; we can't rule out isolated fights or whatnot, but as a whole, no, there's not a treaty, or a fight, or anything. I think Shinigami are supposedly to barely know about Quincy.

So yes, they are very much underground; I'd wager S.W.O.R.D. is the only major group that knows of them (since some Quincy have joined said group). Beyond that, you probably have family and a few friends who know.

Not sure how this interfaces with several Quincy getting together to put down Elder.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

8. - Top - End - #158
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    To have another question for group of SWORD players. What is 'level' of SWORD characters? To have no comparison to Hollow ability or Shinigami ability, it is difficult to make such a criticism I think. It seems they are like 'boss character' to fight?
    Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Well. Right now, I'd say most of them are probably Seated Officer level, when they have all their gear. Note that Josiah's armor is nifty....but as I'll be adding in, it can be damaged such that its effectiveness notably reduces.

Strawberryman's character, Nero, is an impressive fighter...if he has his gear. He's probably decent at hand-to-hand, so he could possibly survive if he was stripped down to jockey shorts and dumped in a fight with a Shinigami, but it's not guaranteed.

Most all of them are spiritually aware humans with no special powers beyond "seeing and interacting with spiritual beings". They may have some "internal reserves of spiritual power" or some such, but said reserves do nothing. The only exception is that Living Vizard Terry made that may or may not be still an intended character.
    Well, the only named exception who we know is a SWORD character. Mrs. Abel is a Quincy, and I'm sure there are Quincy in the ranks of SWORD. But beyond that, they're spiritually-aware humans.

Another way to think of it is:
    SWORD Agent with Gear: Seated officer, at least for the higher ranks.
    SWORD Agent without Gear: Skilled plus, generally speaking.
    More or less. Most equipment is on par with Quincy, and heavily based as such. Dials are more or less used to duplicate Ginto/Kido effects. The strongest SWORD member with his equipment would be more or less as strong as a upper-seated officer, maybe not quite VC level. I intended Nero to be VC level because he is very much an intelligent and skilled fighter, so he's pretty dangerous. Especially when fighting someone on his terms.

Also worth mention: The most powerful SWORD weapons would likely par about Hado 30 with a chant, or 50~ without chant. This is also taking into account that most weapons require spiritron/reishi reserves gathered by a Spirit Shock glove.

I can't say the same for Aura as the one Living Vizard SWORD member.

So, really, point here is: They're more easily balanced with Quincies.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2010-10-30 at 04:24 PM.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

Alrighty. I wasn't sure. I imagined that they had gone unnoticed, so it wouldn't make sense for Kina to know all that much about the Shinigami in particular.

Edit: Also, I'm gonna post Kina's response to Kaito, which is sorta crazy. Kina sounds sorta depressing here...blah.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2010-10-30 at 04:22 PM.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ettin in the Playground

Kina has all right to sound depressed - after all, she's just been told her powers destroy souls, Kaito is being argumentative, and the whole situation is just awkward. Besides, it's nice to hear more voices in the scene.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

Actually, what she just found out was both that her powers destroy souls, and that her powers aren't the only way that Hollows can be stopped. I'm playing it as though Kina never knew the Shinigami existed in the first place.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Right, so I haven't seen a single other person step up for Josiah's wife. Thus, Moon Wolf's rather well done entry gets it. I'll try to modify and repost Josiah in a bit, incorporating history, the fact of his marriage, and a few other bits.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post

"A million names in this damned world and she had to chose the name of that wretched bitch?"
    I feel like I'm missing something here. Does Gabrielle refer to someone specific? XD

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

Wasn't there a Gabrielle in the last game...? Or am I misremembering...?

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ettin in the Playground

Gabrielle was one of my characters in the last game, she was one of Von Geister's fraccion and leader of the templarios.

I have her scheduled to return as a relatively minor NPC and as Von Geister's architect of choice.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

16. - Top - End - #166
    Halfling in the Playground

Yay!

Anyways...perhaps the Gabriel Valeria is referring to is the angel Gabriel?

EDIT: Should I post up Lilianna here then?
    Last edited by Moon Wolf; 2010-10-30 at 06:43 PM.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wolf View Post
    Yay!

Anyways...perhaps the Gabriel Valeria is referring to is the angel Gabriel?

EDIT: Should I post up Lilianna here then?
    Gabriel is a common name, with Gabrielle being a common female variant of it. *Shrugs*

Yes. You ought to. I'll try to get revised Josiah posted tonight, so you can work better from that.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Orc in the Playground

Gabriel is a common name, with Gabrielle being a common female variant of it. *Shrugs*

Yes. You ought to. I'll try to get revised Josiah posted tonight, so you can work better from that.
    Not in JAPAN, KD.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ettin in the Playground

Val is from Transylvania or something...

20. - Top - End - #170

Right, here you go everyone! Will work on the history later...if writing this paper doesn't give me a heart attack...

Lilianna Kane, Mortal
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Lilianna Kane
    Height: 5'5''
    Weight: 115lbs
    Hair: Blue
    Eyes: Blue
    Reiatsu/Speech Colour: Brown
    Powers: None...yet.

Appearance: If being a happy-go-lucky character type means having no fashion sense, then obviously the person who thought it up never met Lilianna. A lover of nature, Lililanna prefers to stick to neutral clothing colours, such as brown or gray. She often pins up her curly blue hair in a bun, with a cute and colouful clip to keep it in place. She has a very relaxed and happy face, with laugh lines around her eyes. She has vibrant blue eyes that always seem to sparkle, and blue rimmed glasses that are always present on her face. She can almost always be seen wearing her lucky charm necklace, a lucky donut-shaped stone looped through a leather cord. She also likes to wear bracelets, and will often wear a light jacket on top of her shirt. She likes to dress 'young' because if she feels young at heart, why not dress like it, too?

Spoiler
    Show

Personality: Some people are never boring, or just never bored. Certainly such is the case with Lilianna. Always able to find a way to entertain herself, Lilianna tends to enjoy life, the universe, and everything-usually with a skip in her step and an upbeat song stuck in her head. While she has a few close friends, there's almost no one who doesn't enjoy her company, as she effortlessly manages a precarious balance between serious and silly. So whether it's dragging her husband on wild spelunking adventures or concocting devious plans to get her friends to hook up-no matter what's happening, Lilianna can always be counted on to be having the most fun in any situation.

History: Will work on this later

Abiliies: None yet, but she is affected by reiatsu.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Her abilities will be related to the season she so loves, autumn. She has three different uses of her power: the red leaf, the orange leaf, and the gold leaf. She can use each power by calling out the power's name.

Red Leaf: The power of red leaf is an offensive power. When Lilanna calls on red leaf, a wind will pick up, a wind that carries many 'leaves' of reiatsu at a moderate speed. These leaves are sticky and very hard to remove once they make contact with any part of the body. Once five leaves are stuck to the body, Lilianna can activate the attack, and the leaves will disintigrate the flesh surrounding them at a moderate pace, similar to the way fallen leaves are turned to mulch.

Orange Leaf: The power of orange leaf is a defensive power. Upon calling out the name, a thick 'tree' made of condensed reiatsu will grow up from the ground. This reiatsu acts as a shield that can protect Lilianna and anyone else behind the shield. It works well on physical attacks.

Golden Leaf: The power of golden leaf is to creat a diversion. Once activated, a dense swarm of golden 'leaves' will swirl around Lilianna, making it very hard for the enemy to see her. She can use this barrier as a diversion in order to escape. The leaves also stick to each other, and require considerable physical force to penetrate.
    Last edited by Moon Wolf; 2010-10-30 at 07:12 PM.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

21. - Top - End - #171
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Val is from Transylvania or something...
    So... She's a vampire?
    Liliana. Also a vampire.

I'm all for Gabriel referring to the archangel. It's the wings
    Last edited by riccaru; 2010-10-30 at 07:14 PM.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

22. - Top - End - #172

And even though this may disrespect my religion just a smidgeon (oh look, that rhymes), "Archangel" is a pretty sweet title.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Also to ask now a question for this group: Is explanation ok now from Haruaki? Please tell me if to write different things
    m(_ _)m.
    I think it's fine. Not getting into specifics gives the kids a reason to come back for more or simply have more excitement when encountering new things without prior knowledge of them.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-10-30 at 08:15 PM.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

Kina looks down. "...You realize your mortality eventually."
    Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    "I already have and will surpass it. Don't be so glum, chum," replied Ken without missing a beat. He refused to have his spirits lowered.
    *sigh* "The poor kid's delusional."

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

*sigh* "The poor kid's delusional."
    Pssssssssh. Coming from the girl that doesn't know that she's immortal.
    (Thinking she's a magical girl is too easy.)
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-10-30 at 08:45 PM.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    Pssssssssh. Coming from the girl that doesn't know that she's immortal.
    (Thinking she's a magical girl is too easy.)
    Technically, she is a "magical girl". Just...not in the way she thinks she is.

Also, I'll let others speak up, but at this rate, Kaito may leave to clear his own head and get away from the combined "foolishness" and "rampant defeatism".

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

Well, thinking about the mortality thing from Kina's perspective...her grandfather died recently, and she is basically without close family now.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

Technically, she is a "magical girl". Just...not in the way she thinks she is.
    Dohohohoho, you got me there.
    Well, thinking about the mortality thing from Kina's perspective...her grandfather died recently, and she is basically without close family now.
    So tragic... ;_;

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

All my characters are tragic souls. I think I have yet to make an interesting (at least to me) character that wasn't...

...but one is in the works right now. I just have to finalize a bunch of things and post her with her sister.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default [BitP:R] BleachitP: Reborn: OOC Thread 13

More revisions, including some basic history (which can/will be adjusted with input from Moon Wolf), a bit of addition to Personality, and a few other odds and ends.

Josiah Kane, S.W.O.R.D. Agent 06
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Josiah Kane
    Organization: S.W.O.R.D.
    Code Name: Dynamic Steel
    Height: 5'11"
    Weight: 150 lbs.
    Hair: Dark Red
    Eyes: Deep Blue.
    Speech Color: Dark Orchid

Family: Lilianna Kane (wife), Stephani Kane (daughter, age 4)

Appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Josiah's long hair long is kept in a ponytail to about mid-shoulder blades, while his face is clean shaven. His overall build is the very fit and muscular side of "average". His face is lean, but without any true "sharp edges", lending itself to a youthful, vibrant look.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Josiah has 4 metal interface ports along his spine (base of skull, bottom of neck, mid-back, and just above the waist); these ports appear as 1-inch circles of metal with very small slots around the outside edge (roughly half a millimeter wide per slot) that are typically closed when he's not in armor, and with a central slot approximately 1mm wide (again, typically closed when not in armor).

Most often, he is dressed in a polo shirt and jeans, typically covered by a lab coat, and possibly some sort of protective apron or other gear. He has only been seen in a suit a half-dozen times total; every time he has been in a suit, it was for a meeting with Agent 000 or 001 (and not even every meeting with 001).

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Compared to some of his fellow S.W.O.R.D. agents, Josiah is a relatively well-adjusted human being. He's never engaged in acts that would have him arrested and/or condemned by an ethics committee. He bears no deep-seated ill will towards Shinigami. He simply believes strongly in S.W.O.R.D.'s mission: making the Mortal World self-sufficient.

Mr. Kane realizes that, at some point, he may have to undertake more questionable acts, but he is determined to keep such efforts to a minimum. Josiah has a motivation stretching back to an ancestor from old Colonial American times. One who, as the stories say, fought back the darkness with strength of will and his own meager talents. Josiah heard many tales of this ancestor, and hopes to one day surpass him, albeit with a bit more science on his side.

Besides his iron resolve to make the world a better place, Josiah has a passion for science, research, and technology. He can often be found whiling away hours in his lab, losing track of the time of day. If someone gets him talking about a project, he can go for hours on end.

Beyond this, Josiah is a somewhat reserved, occasionally energetic (very occasionally to the point of being manic), but generally personable fellow. He is quick to lend a friendly hand to people in his life, and treats most everyone with respect by default. However, if someone does something enough to earn his disfavor, respect does not exist for that individual.

Josiah's one major quirk revolves around his family. More specifically, his ridiculous adoration and devotion to them. If he's sitting around chatting, it's almost guaranteed he'll pull out his smart-phone and show a new picture or two. Mostly it's of his daughter, Stephanie, doing something cute and child-like. Simplistic crayon drawings cover one wall of his lab, and Josiah can sometimes be found staring at said wall, perhaps shedding a tear or two. He doesn't gush as much about his wife, though he does occasionally show off pictures (nothing too racy, mind you). His bragging about her is a bit more subtle, but probably something that would cause her to smack him if she caught him doing so. Despite this, his bragging is born from nothing but a deep and abiding love for his family. They're the reason he works so hard at S.W.O.R.D., as he doesn't want them to ever face threats from either Hollow or Shinigami, be it in life or in death.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Josiah was born to a happy family in Rhode Island, USA. By the time he was 15, he was already graduating from high school, attending MIT at age 16, and graduating with a Double Doctorate (Materials Science & Engineering, and Engineering Systems) at age 22.

At first, he went to work for an East Coast technology firm, focusing on ways to repair or bypass injured spinal cords. Josiah focused on ideas like exoskeletons and the machine part of a man-machine interface.
    It was during this time that he experienced the "best day of my life in the history of ever's ever", when he met a young librarian named Lilianna. The two struck up a fast friendship, which soon blossomed into romance. Between their two energetic personalities, they didn't drag out the romance. In a little over a year, they were married (age 24 for Josiah).

That same year, Josiah saw his first ghost. Not a slip of white in the corner, but a fully visible, clearly defined human being. It was a 7-year old boy with a strange metal plate on his chest, a severed chain hanging from it. Moments after he first saw the boy, he saw a man in an odd black uniform, holding what looked like a Civil War era pistol, walk over and gently press his glove-encased palm to the boy's forehead. Almost immediately, the boy seemed to peacefully disappear from the world.
    Josiah spent the night pondering what he had seen, not telling his wife his concern. Had that man in black helped or hurt the boy?

He soon made it his mission to try finding out more. He created automated programs to patrol the Internet, seeking out what relevant information they could. A couple of these programs brought the attention of S.W.O.R.D. to his life. It wasn't long before they contacted him, "testing the waters". Soon after that, he was hired on to work with S.W.O.R.D. in America, continuing the research he had started, but finding new ways to apply it to the secret war that was on the horizon.

Lilianna was kept unawares of his connections with S.W.O.R.D., instead being led to believe this was simply another company conducting similar reasearch. When they moved to Japan 3 years ago (age 32 for Josiah), she was led to believe it was simply a way for him to work with fresh minds on his projects (which at this point were presented as "helping the lame walk" and "better protecting our brave soldiers and policemen around the world", among a few other small projects for "alternative energy" and the like). Most likely, that was one of the main reasons he was able to convince her that a move just 1 year after the birth of their daughter was a good idea.

In the time since, Josiah has settled nicely into Phoenix Town, with Lilianna finding a job at a local library that gives her flexible hours (to accommodate her raising little Stephani). S.W.O.R.D. greased the wheels on that job.
    Josiah had to spend a bit of time explaining the implants on his spine, but his "cover story" (which still bears a measure of truth) gave him enough weight to keep it from getting out of hand.

So we come to the present, where Josiah is now spending a lot of time in his lab, trying to surpass the invention of his greatest creation. What time he doesn't spend there is split between family, basic needs (food, sleep, hygiene), and just a bit of time...testing his gear.

Equipment:
    Spoiler
    Show

Tools
    Spoiler
    Show
    Assorted Hand Tools: Josiah often has a couple multi-tools upon his person, allowing him to perform a wide variety of tasks whatever the situation.
    Scanner: These pair of glasses have an intelligent computer that recognizes patterns and analyzes opponents for their weak points. (Styled as auto-tinting non-prescription lenses)
    Spirit Shock: Harnessing power similar in theory to a seele schneider, this unique glove steals spiritrons from the air as well as opponents, physically draining them, and storing it in the glove for use with his other tools. It glows red when in use.
    Shield: This armband uses the spiritrons from the spirit shock glove, producing a large wall-like barrier in front of the user. The shield is more or less powerful depending on how much power is put into it. It can also create a temporary, but stronger stationary barrier.

Weapons
    Spoiler
    Show
    Handgun: Josiah typically carries a modified Beretta 92 Elite 1A, modified with spiritual technology to be able to manipulate spiritual energy as a supplementary force to normal bullets, or to actually create bullets.

Dials:
    Spoiler
    Show

Josiah, as Agent 06 and a researcher of S.W.O.R.D. spiritual tech, has full access to dials. Typically, he carries 2-3 basic Dials on his person, but has been known to shift the variety somewhat.

Other: It is rumored that Mr. Kane has been working on a power armor of some sort, as a proof-of-concept. However, these rumors have yet to be confirmed except to the highest levels of agents.
    Spoiler
    Show

These rumors not only hold truth, they underestimate the truth. Josiah hasn't just been working on a power armor, he has built one.

The Dynamo Power Suit is a marvel of S.W.O.R.D. engineering.

Suit Construction:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Armor Plating:Composed of a bleeding-edge composite alloy, giving it resistance to damage from both physical and spiritual attacks.
    As well, the outer skin of the armor is coated with a new type of "smart paint", which allows Josiah to modify the paint scheme on the fly (though not with a speed to render it anything like active camo; only enough to generate passive camo patterns within about 30 seconds).

Exoskeletal Structure: The inner framework of the armor is composed of a similar material as the armor plating, with high-efficiency shock absorbers installed around key joints, and extra absorbers present in the legs (which tend to bear the brunt of much of the suit's weight).

Motive System: The Dynamo moves and interacts with the world via next-generation electroactive polymers to create "artificial muscles" that generate several times the strength of human muscles, while still being lightweight and requiring minimal charge run through them to activate. As well, they have been fine-tuned to provide the same level of control as human muscles, only to greater degrees. Josiah can gently pick up an egg without cracking it, or tear a sedan into pieces without breaking a sweat.

Power System: The biggest breakthrough in the Dynamo is its ability to network several methods of giving itself power. First, a series of compact, high-efficiency Dials are installed throughout the suit, sometimes connecting to sub-sections of the surface of the armor. Some of the dials draw power from kinetic energy (be it simply moving around, or impact from physical combat); some from sunlight and other ambient energies; and some (including the largest one in the center of the chest plate) draw power directly from spiritual particles in the air. As well, a good deal of his armor plating incorporates the same systems as Spirit Shock gloves, allowing him to draw in even more power. Finally, the suit utilizes and advanced "distributed battery" system, allowing it to store up large amounts of power, meaning whatever the Dials and Spirit Shock Grid draw in does not go to waste. These batteries can be charged from mortal power generators, but this requires much more time, as said power has to run through special converters.

Flight Systems: Josiah has yet to find a way to replicate the air-walking ability of the Shinigami. However, he has found a way to induce flight in the D.P.S., with some of the Dial systems actually reducing his apparent in-flight weight (meaning less strain on his systems), while other very specialized Dials provide super-efficient propulsion with an effect somewhere between jets of air and traditional rocket/jet engines. Smaller Dials provide maneuvering jets, as well as an array of compressed-air jets (with special micro-compressor air-scoops to keep their supply topped off in-flight) and control flaps across the suit.

Sensory Systems: The helmet contains updated versions of the sensors that go into Scanner and Tracker glasses, as well as a few other items that Josiah came up with himself, giving him a full-spectrum sensor suite that can even do preliminary examination of a crime scene.

Defensive Systems: The Dynamo Suit can, during combat, active a force screen that further protects it from harm, especially against non-physical attacks from spiritual beings (such as Kido and Cero). However, this system is power-intensive, meaning it cannot be used in conjunction with flight, large-scale sensor use, upper-level heavy lifting, or the suit's integrated weaponry.
    Beyond that, the suit carries an array of ECM gear, as well as several dispensers for micro-flares and small packages of anti-radar chaff (used only in flight battles where such a thing might come into play), helping it to stay undetected by mortal authorities. Or at least let it avoid capture by said authorities.

Weaponry: The D.P.S. is, at its base, rather sparsely armed. The palms of the hands have multi-purpose Dials installed, which can calibrate on the fly to either provide motive thrust, or a concentrated blast of force energy, vaguely like a "shove", except much more powerful and concentrated.
    However, Josiah purposefully designed the suit to allow it to interface with specially-designed modules at various key locations over the suit. Most often, Josiah attaches extra weaponry or equipment to his forearms and shoulders/back. Theoretically, he could design an armor package for the armor, but that's still in the drawing stages.
    Almost all of the modular weapons Josiah attaches maintain their own power supply in one way or another, be it batteries, special spirit particle collectors, or specialized Dials. Rarely does Josiah carry the same loadout twice, as he is constantly seeking to modify and upgrade all of his equipment.
    Add-On Weaponry:
    Spoiler
    Show
    M-137: A handheld, if bulky, gatling gun. Can either be supplied with bullets, or a spirit dial. Typically attached to a shoulder harness.

M-3: A flamethrower that can have a spirit dial attached to supply energy. If an element dial is attached, depending on the element, it can create an alternative blast. Typically attached to an arm mount.

Laser Rifle: This futuristic-looking cannon can only be fired with a sufficient amount of spiritual energy. It creates a long wave of destructive energy depending on how long it's charged. Typically attached to a shoulder harness.

Brant SRL: A large gun with a long, glowing barrel, reminiscent of a rocket launcher. Fires rockets that absorb reiatsu to create an explosion. While it scales with stronger opponents, it caps at about the level of a mid-level kido without incantation. Typically attached to a shoulder harness.

MMRLS 12: A device Josiah designed expressly for the Dynamo Suit. This weapon appears to be a 3-foot long rectangular box that rests on his back when not in use. When activated, it slides up to his shoulder and allows him to launch up to 8 missiles in the span of 3 seconds. It only holds 16 missiles total, but can use dedicated dial systems to swap in "spiritual" ammo. The physical ammo is treated so that it can affect spiritual beings, and the tracking system is top-notch. The spiritually-generated ammo has only basic seeking properties.

Machine-User Interface: A system as complicated and ground-breaking as the Dynamo Powered Suit required ground-breaking interface methods. The muscular control reads the body's natural movements and electrical impulses, seamlessly converting them into movement from the suit. The more complicated systems are activated by a combination of voice commands and a special neural interface system designed by Josiah himself. It required the implantation of four interface points on his spine (base of skull, bottom of neck, mid-back, and just above the waist), but it allows incredible control of his suit. Josiah understands the inherent risks of such a system, but accepts them as part of progress and innovation.

Suit Weaknesses: First and foremost, the suit's armor is not unbreakable, and its power supplies are not infinite. Any opponent who plays their cards right could outlast the D.P.S. However, there are a few more glaring weaknesses.
    First, the suit is vulnerable to traditional electromagnetic pulses, though it takes a fairly powerful pulse to do more than momentarily glitch the systems.
    Second, as it takes moderate damage to the armor, some of the external power-gathering systems may be damaged. Given enough damage, the Suit will rapidly start to rely on battery backups, forcing Josiah to quickly exit the scene.
    Third, a large enough pulse of spiritual energy in a brief enough time will overload several of the systems, giving a result similar to an EMP.
    Fourth, any weapons outside of his palm blasters are much more easily disabled or destroyed, due to their non-integral nature. This can often leave Josiah intact but outmatched in a fight.

Battle Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show

Non-Armored Stats
    Spoiler
    Show
    Physical Strength: 10 (Josiah has the strength of an average human of his build who keeps himself in good, but not perfect, shape.)
    Offense: 10 (Josiah is trained in basic self-defense, and has some basic knowledge in the use of firearms.)
    Defense: 10 (Josiah is trained in basic self-defense, including various grapple breaks, dodging skills, and the like.)
    Mobility: 10 (Josiah is fit, able to run decently fast, and has some escape and evasion training)
    Intelligence: 100 (Josiah is an absolutely brilliant young man who has invented several of the cutting-edge devices S.W.O.R.D. has taken to using in recent years)
    Reiatsu: 5 (Josiah is spiritually aware, but has no powers of his own; his tools provide all of his spiritual weaponry.)

Armored Stats
    Spoiler
    Show
    Physical Strength: 40 (In his armor, Josiah demonstrates incredible strength, enough to lift an average 4-door sedan over his head.)
    Offense: 50 (The Dynamo Suit has a wide variety of offensive weaponry available to it, though it is limited in how much it can carry at any one time.)
    Defense: 40 (The D.P.S. has a wide variety of defensive systems that offer excellent protection, but they can be worn down over time, or quickly with the right methods.)
    Mobility: 40 (The armor allows Josiah to run at approximately 100 miles per hour, or fly just under the speed of sound. It cannot replicate something like Shunpo or Sonido, though.)
    Intelligence: 100 (Josiah is an absolutely brilliant young man who has invented several of the cutting-edge devices S.W.O.R.D. has taken to using in recent years)
    Reiatsu: 5 (Josiah is spiritually aware, but has no powers of his own; his tools provide all of his spiritual weaponry.)
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2010-10-30 at 11:13 PM.