New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachitP: Reborn: OOC Thread 13

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Update on my characters, far as I can remember:

Hasunaga: Letting Yui pretend she's Sora's mom.
    Speaking of which, I was wondering when a good time would be to reintroduce Carmelia checking Hasunaga out.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Halfling in the Playground

SWORD seems to be getting increasingly popular.

Well, seeing as no one has any complaints, I'm off to put Lilianna up in the registry.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

3. - Top - End - #243
    Orc in the Playground

Speaking of which, I was wondering when a good time would be to reintroduce Carmelia checking Hasunaga out.
    Well, all things considered, Hollows aren't known for being convenient with their timing.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

4. - Top - End - #244
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wolf View Post
    SWORD seems to be getting increasingly popular.
    Well, I did kind of plug it to them over IM. And given the Enclave's been dropped, I figured getting involved in the story in a minor way wouldn't hurt too much.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

5. - Top - End - #245
    Orc in the Playground

Well, all things considered, Hollows aren't known for being convenient with their timing.
    That is true...

But part of the deal is that I'm not sure what the scenario is here. I mean, from what I understand, there's Silva, Hasunaga, Yui, and Sora leaving a portal in the graveyard, where Reiji happens to be. If she pops up anywhere near that area, she's going to be fried seven different ways.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Well, I did kind of plug it to them over IM. And given the Enclave's been dropped, I figured getting involved in the story in a minor way wouldn't hurt too much.
    I just wish 7th Division were as popular...

Seriously, a Division devoted to blowing buildings up, and we only have the Captain (me) and the 3rd seat (Steilos).

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

...a Shikai that's a grenade launcher?

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Just think, you too can have your very own powered armor!

All it requires is signing on with a morally-ambiguous shadow group, spending years gaining trust, going through a surgery to attach 4 cybernetic interfaces to your spine, spending about a week experiencing phantom pains from said interfaces, several months getting your "frequency" to match the armor, and then going through potentially dangerous trials and test with said armor!

Oh, and explaining to your spouse why you have 4 shiny metal discs on your back, without explaining that you work for a morally-ambiguous shadow organization.

No sweat, right?
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

9. - Top - End - #249
    Orc in the Playground

That is true...

But part of the deal is that I'm not sure what the scenario is here. I mean, from what I understand, there's Silva, Hasunaga, Yui, and Sora leaving a portal in the graveyard, where Reiji happens to be. If she pops up anywhere near that area, she's going to be fried seven different ways.
    Reiji doesn't give a damn about Hollows, particularly Hollows that don't bother him. Remember that his powers, unlike most mediums', actually produce visible results to spiritually gifted AND common people alike, it's one of the reasons he has an alter-ego.

Hasunaga would probably move to stop knee-jerk reactions, and it's not like Carmelia can't defend herself. Alternatively, she could be watching him from afar - though some kind of explanation would have to be given as to why he picked it up and the others didn't. So maybe the best way to go about this would be having Hasunaga go back to pay Mori Souta his respects. It's not like he's getting anything outta Yui, Silva, or Sora.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

10. - Top - End - #250
    Orc in the Playground

Reiji doesn't give a damn about Hollows, particularly Hollows that don't bother him. Remember that his powers, unlike most mediums', actually produce visible results to spiritually gifted AND common people alike, it's one of the reasons he has an alter-ego.

Hasunaga would probably move to stop knee-jerk reactions, and it's not like Carmelia can't defend herself. Alternatively, she could be watching him from afar - though some kind of explanation would have to be given as to why he picked it up and the others didn't. So maybe the best way to go about this would be having Hasunaga go back to pay Mori Souta his respects. It's not like he's getting anything outta Yui, Silva, or Sora.
    Alright! As long as it won't inconvenience anyone, it's all good.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #251
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    I just wish 7th Division were as popular...

Seriously, a Division devoted to blowing buildings up, and we only have the Captain (me) and the 3rd seat (Steilos).
    You have 1 more member than I've got! There are two members of 10th, and one of us is inactive. So there's a Captain...

Edit: Okay, just a clarification, you can detect the presence and strength of a spiritual pressure but you can't identify it unless you've actually met the person, right? So, for example, a random Shinigami could detect 5 or so spiritual pressures in the school of various levels of power, but it would not be immediately apparent that those are the teachers unless the Shinigami knew who they were.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2010-11-03 at 01:15 AM.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

12. - Top - End - #252
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    You have 1 more member than I've got! There are two members of 10th, and one of us is inactive. So there's a Captain...

Edit: Okay, just a clarification, you can detect the presence and strength of a spiritual pressure but you can't identify it unless you've actually met the person, right? So, for example, a random Shinigami could detect 5 or so spiritual pressures in the school of various levels of power, but it would not be immediately apparent that those are the teachers unless the Shinigami knew who they were.
    That is correct.

Compare Darth Vader.

"I sense something... a presence I haven't felt since..."

EDIT: However, generally speaking I can't recall instances of Shinigami detecting the past presence of other Reiatsu unless they're told who has been fighting there.
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2010-11-03 at 09:25 AM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ettin in the Playground

In general, standard reiatsu detection gives intensity and direction. With other means being employed by shinigami and arrancar to pinpoint location (Bakudo 71 and Pesquisa, to be specific).

And I would expect you to not be able to determine who a reiatsu belongs to unless you have met that person. You could off course tell the reiatsu apart if you felt it a second time without meeting the owner. Let me give an example situation.

---

Kazuo: "I feel a spiritual pressure... It belongs to Carmelia, the hollow."

Someone: "Who?"

Kazuo: "I have no idea, never met this hollow, but I know it belongs to her... Somehow."

Someone: "Is she on your database?"

Kazuo: "No, the only time she fough someone was a mortal named Hasunaga."

Kazuo: "I have no idea either. I don't know where those names are coming from."

Draken: *sips tea*

---

Hope that was as silly and amusing to you as it was to me.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

14. - Top - End - #254
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    In general, standard reiatsu detection gives intensity and direction. With other means being employed by shinigami and arrancar to pinpoint location (Bakudo 71 and Pesquisa, to be specific).

And I would expect you to not be able to determine who a reiatsu belongs to unless you have met that person. You could off course tell the reiatsu apart if you felt it a second time without meeting the owner. Let me give an example situation.

---

Kazuo: "I have no idea, never met this hollow, but I know it belongs to her... Somehow."

---

It DID give me a nice chuckle.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ettin in the Playground

Rouga: Pushing Apolinar's buttons and training his Legion. I'd very much like him to intrude on the scene between Lalita, Canguro and Genoveva, but A) he's got no means of knowing it's going on, and B) I'm not sure any of the players involved have any interest in that happening. (Oh, and C) Four's definitely a crowd.)
    "'hat's lady's make-up haf ta do wid anyding?"

A) I'm personally surprised MORE people haven't showed up, considering the ceros and things Lalita is throwing out with abandon. B) I don't mind either which way. C) Four's only a crowd if the fourth is disliked. I do not dislike you or Rouga.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

16. - Top - End - #256
    Orc in the Playground

So that leaves consent by the other two players, then.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #257
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    "'hat's lady's make-up haf ta do wid anyding?"

A) I'm personally surprised MORE people haven't showed up, considering the ceros and things Lalita is throwing out with abandon. B) I don't mind either which way. C) Four's only a crowd if the fourth is disliked. I do not dislike you or Rouga.
    It's four right now. Zane's standing there watching.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

18. - Top - End - #258
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post

---

---

It made me smile, so you win.

Anyways, I'll have her drop by the graveyard out of habit (gotta check for new souls to nom, you know), so Hasunaga can pick up her signal there.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #259

Alright. I'm going to try and make Idea No. 2 work. To ze lab!

Spoiler
    Show

Substitute Fae - Alternative title: "Why I hate England" By Henry Rheims Coleby

20 years ago, Henry wandered into something that he really shouldn'tve. All he can remember was a flash then waking up in hospital. But there was more to the incident than a simple flash of light, and Henry gained more than just spiritual sensitivity from it.

The Full Story

Spoiler
    Show

For Henry was not actually knocked unconscious by the flash. He was momentarily stunned, and when he came to he could... see something in front of him? Something big, and something person-sized... doing something. Fighting, maybe. It was rather hard to tell, considering he had had about 5 seconds to adjust to his new spiritual senitivity. So, with this limited information, Henry makes quite possibly the worst decision in his life ever.

He approches the pair, cautiously trying to get their attention. He caught their attention alright, and an arm across the face from the large figure. After picking hismelf up sans a few ribs from a nearby tree, Henry against all advice tried to limp back up to the pair, this time shouting. He manages to distract the smaller figure enough to get it punched through a tree, and is rounded on by the other figure. A rather unlikely way to die all told, but Henry looked to be going that way anyway.

Until he realises that the smaller figure dropped something - a sword. As the monstrosity in front of him prepared to turn him to mush, he scrabbles over and hacks desperately at the creature with all his strength. This proved to be surprisingly effective, inflicting deep gashes in the Hollow's leg...

...Distracting it just enough for the other figure to reenter next to Henry. He didn't know this at the time, but the form above him was a Fae, more precisely a Fian. And according to the rules of his kingdom, he really shouldn't involve mortals in his business. But this particular Fae is not under the rules of his kingdom, having left it as a Fian, and he figures he needs the help. He didn't even like the rules anyway.

Henry is no longer sure what the hell is going on, and his confusion is further compounded by the figure he had just helped out wrenching his sword from him and plunging it into his chest. Next thing he knows, he's standing next to the Fae that stabbed him with a flanged mace in his hand. With thousands of questions surging through his mind, he attacks the beast in front of him with his inexplicable new weapon. With a satisfying crunch, he lays the beast low with his 'friend's' help.

But the Fae is having second thoughts about giving power to a mortal. As Henry turns to ask him what is going on he is stabbed again, there is another flash of light, and he is back on the floor. With a gaping hole in his lung. He soon loses consciousness.

This may all seem irrelevant to Henry today. But if the impetuous young Fae had actually listened to his elders about the subject, he'd have known that you can't really do what he tried to do. So his attempt to stab Henry in a spiritual focus point resulted in Henry's powers being sealed away, and him losing all memory of his about a minute of being a spiritual warrior. It was a pretty strong seal, all told, but it wasn't maintained at all. As it wore away over the 20 years, Henry grew more and more spiritually aware, eventually reaching the level he is now. In fact, the seal is just about ready to break... All it would take at this point would be to regain that two minutes or so of memory that he lost all those years ago.

Treoir Anam - Túr Cruach
    Spoiler
    Show
    Appearance
    A flanged mace with a long handle. Seems to be made from steel with a vine pattern inlaid with oak on the handle.

Spirit and Inner World
    Spoiler
    Show
    Túr Cruach takes the form of a sarcastic brown-haired woman of about the same age as Henry. She wears flowing robes of green and carries with her a huge tower shield of granite. By all rights she really should not be able to even lift that thing but she seems to have absolutely no trouble with it at all.

Shockingly enough, the tower she resides in is indeed plated with steel although the interior is stone. When Henry is not there, she spends her time in the uppermost throne room which is fashioned entirely out of copper. This may not seem a big deal, but outside the tower is storm shattered wetland that sees constant lightning strikes. When Henry is ready to recieve Rhyddhau, he must cross the throne room to reach Túr Cruach, a sort of test of courage.

Rhyddhau - not yet achieved

Fae Powers - Not yet achieved either. Come on, man! He's only been a Fae for like two minutes!
    Last edited by Steilos; 2010-11-03 at 03:32 PM.
    Solomon Yeager by the exceedingly talented The Architect.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuma Kode View Post
    Steilos
    Class: Thief
    Promotes to: Ninja

Skills
    Vantage - Allows the character to post first in all threads.
    Insight - Allows the character to see threads at a greater distance.
    Ah, mon petit choux fleur.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #260
    Titan in the Playground

Want me to nitpick? Because I can nitpick.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Adjectives come after the noun.

21. - Top - End - #261

Want me to correct it? Because I can correct it.

EDIT- Done.
    Last edited by Steilos; 2010-11-03 at 03:33 PM.
    Solomon Yeager by the exceedingly talented The Architect.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuma Kode View Post
    Steilos
    Class: Thief
    Promotes to: Ninja

Skills
    Vantage - Allows the character to post first in all threads.
    Insight - Allows the character to see threads at a greater distance.
    Ah, mon petit choux fleur.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #262
    Pixie in the Playground

Carmelia will be popping up to bother Hasunaga? Would anyone mind if, when that happened, Mayumi and Hibiki interfered? It would of course be Strawberry's choice for whether or not Hibiki came along, but I don't see how Mayumi, with her spiritual sense completely active, would ignore a Hollow like Carmelia, who seems to be a great deal stronger than most Hollows.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Orc in the Playground

Well, it ties in with the possibility of Hasunaga and Mayumi meeting up, but have you considered the possibility that the cemetery is likely on the outskirts of the city, well beyond her current position?

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #264
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kayne650 View Post
    Carmelia will be popping up to bother Hasunaga? Would anyone mind if, when that happened, Mayumi and Hibiki interfered? It would of course be Strawberry's choice for whether or not Hibiki came along, but I don't see how Mayumi, with her spiritual sense completely active, would ignore a Hollow like Carmelia, who seems to be a great deal stronger than most Hollows.
    ...Actually, I wanted to drop Carmelia in the graveyard because of the fact that Mayumi and Hibiki were at the school, and I was worried that their natural reaction would be to roast her.

She isn't going to meet up with Hasunaga to bother him, so much as to ask him just why he spared her.

So...I'm not sure. I'll give you a "maybe".
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #265
    Pixie in the Playground

...Admittedly, I haven't. But then, I have no idea where exactly the cemetery is, and it might be possible for us to rule that the Joint Ops battle site is near enough to the cemetery for Mayumi to feel Carmelia's presence. Or, I could argue that Mayumi, as a sniper Quincy, can feel the presence of things such as Hollows who are inherently wrong (at least by her standards) across town, since Uryu was able to do the same when he was under Seated Officer level.

However, if they aren't battling, then I'd be glad to keep Mayumi out of there. I was just wondering if it was okay in an attempt to get the teachers together. I can understand why you'd want to keep this between Hasunaga and Carmelia.

And they're not in school, they're at the Joint Ops battle site.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kayne650 View Post
    ...Admittedly, I haven't. But then, I have no idea where exactly the cemetery is, and it might be possible for us to rule that the Joint Ops battle site is near enough to the cemetery for Mayumi to feel Carmelia's presence. Or, I could argue that Mayumi, as a sniper Quincy, can feel the presence of things such as Hollows who are inherently wrong (at least by her standards) across town, since Uryu was able to do the same when he was under Seated Officer level.

However, if they aren't battling, then I'd be glad to keep Mayumi out of there. I was just wondering if it was okay in an attempt to get the teachers together. I can understand why you'd want to keep this between Hasunaga and Carmelia.

And they're not in school, they're at the Joint Ops battle site.
    Oh...she'll make a brief stop at the school, realize he isn't there, then drop by the graveyard where he is there, then.

Personally, I would be fine with you guys dropping in after Carmelia and Hasunaga had their chat about morality and all that good stuff. Should prove interesting, all in all.
    Last edited by InyutheBeatIs; 2010-11-03 at 04:11 PM.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #267

Who's in charge of SWORD OOC? Also, is there more than one organization of SWORD in the world, such as one for each country?

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ettin in the Playground

strawberryman is.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

29. - Top - End - #269
    Orc in the Playground

Given the names of the characters thus far introduced that belong to SWORD and the size of what appears to be their structure, I'd think the answer to the second question is probably yes.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #270

Given the names of the characters thus far introduced that belong to SWORD and the size of what appears to be their structure, I'd think the answer to the second question is probably yes.
    I meat would a different country have a separate organization altogether?