New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 52 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy d6 (Complete System)

In the legendary weapons section Excalibur is listed as a Tier 8 Sword rather then a Blade. Typo?
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2011-04-28 at 09:13 PM.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

2. - Top - End - #512
    Bugbear in the Playground

Yes. That's one that hadn't been pointed out yet -thanks!

3. - Top - End - #513
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm not entirely sure either where Save the Queen is concealed but I know where it's blade, as such even though there's a plethora of blades I use it as a blade in my game.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Titan in the Playground

Are there any other animal-focussed people (not classes) in the games similar to Chocobo Knights? I'm making a Trainer class for this and need more job abilities, so I'm planning on naming them for these people (if they exist) and making it an ability based on the theme.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

5. - Top - End - #515
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    Are there any other animal-focussed people (not classes) in the games similar to Chocobo Knights? I'm making a Trainer class for this and need more job abilities, so I'm planning on naming them for these people (if they exist) and making it an ability based on the theme.
    Does it include actual animals? If so, then Red XIII. If not, I'm stumped.
    You gotta' let me know, are we human,
    Or are we dancers?
    My signs are vital, my hands are cold,
    And I'm on my knees, begging for the answer,
    Are we human, or are we dancers?

- Human, The Killers

6. - Top - End - #516
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by IcarusWings View Post
    Does it include actual animals? If so, then Red XIII. If not, I'm stumped.
    You get a pet that you can use as a weapon, that's it's main schtick.

Though Red XIII ideads are swirling around my head now, I may yet add an ability based on it.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew

7. - Top - End - #517

Gau from six was a wild-child styled Blue Mage, and Rinoa infamously had her dog that had attacks up to and including being fired from her arm like a canine-zooka.

8. - Top - End - #518
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dust View Post
    Gau from six was a wild-child styled Blue Mage, and Rinoa infamously had her dog that had attacks up to and including being fired from her arm like a canine-zooka.
    GAH! @self

How did I forget Rinoa? I shall look up Gau too. I'm also changing their legendary accessory to an issue of Pet Pals.

9. - Top - End - #519
    Troll in the Playground

How much does a dog-blaster cost?

I would stat it up as Tier 8 Arcane weapon. I mean, the only reason someone would shoot a dog from the wrist is if 'magic' was involved.

Or alcohol.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

10. - Top - End - #520
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

So trying a weird type of RP using this system. The players are in a world they know NOTHING about. I know nothing about it ether. The idea is they take turns describing the world around them as they explore it.

11. - Top - End - #521
    Halfling in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Also on the topic of Final Fantasy 6, we have Shadow's dog Interceptor - who sometimes took hits for you and sometimes counter attacks.

12. - Top - End - #522
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

So quick question. Eject lets you send the target high up then slam them down. Would it be possible to instead use it to launch someone up and then slow them down as they fell? Adds some team work options involving a ranger.

13. - Top - End - #523

NinjaGuy

I have a question about the freelancer and the non-colored magics. If a freelancer switches to entertainer and gets a new level, does he learn arts for each point in perform or just for any that are added when leveling? Similarly for the geomancer, does a freelancer automatically get access to geotrance upon conversion and then loses it when changing to something else since nothing is learned?

One option is to give the freelancer a special class ability that always stays available to them so that they permanently gain the innate ability of the class they are in currently with the exception that it can't be used on victory pose.

14. - Top - End - #524
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by wiimanclassic View Post
    So quick question. Eject lets you send the target high up then slam them down. Would it be possible to instead use it to launch someone up and then slow them down as they fell? Adds some team work options involving a ranger.
    get Defy Gravity on the Ranger for that to work

15. - Top - End - #525
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by steelsmiter View Post
    get Defy Gravity on the Ranger for that to work
    Ok then. Was just thinking of other uses for spells or things close enough to current spells to be considered alternate uses for them. Like slowing some down with eject by giving a small upwards boost before hitting the ground so they lose momentum then continue downwards.

16. - Top - End - #526
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by wiimanclassic View Post
    Ok then. Was just thinking of other uses for spells or things close enough to current spells to be considered alternate uses for them.
    idk for increased control I'd call it +1 tier and +25-50% MP

17. - Top - End - #527
    Dwarf in the Playground

say... I use the Tektek Gaia avatar creator for my FF games online, anyone know of any better?

18. - Top - End - #528

Can you explain your reasoning behind having White Mages get more Hit Points, Mana Points, and Evasion than Black Mages?

19. - Top - End - #529

White Mages had a little cushion on their HP and MP to promote them being played slightly moreso, originally. Since smart GMs running smart monsters tend to focus the mages, I came to the tentative conclusion that the Black Mages getting beat down was a risk they took as part of the job...but a player who sacrifices a portion of his own fun to play a healbot (which is not always the case, mind. A lot of people, myself included, really like the support mmorpg mentality) should have a miniscule advantage over his fireball-tossing brethren so that he doesn't spend entire encounters face-down. I'm not sure if I still agree with that point now that the system's seen so many revisions.

I'm actually starting the playtest on the next major version as of tonight. You can probably expect to see the huge revision pdf appear here in about a month.

20. - Top - End - #530
    Dwarf in the Playground

White Mages had a little cushion on their HP and MP to promote them being played slightly moreso, originally. Since smart GMs running smart monsters tend to focus the mages, I came to the tentative conclusion that the Black Mages getting beat down was a risk they took as part of the job...but a player who sacrifices a portion of his own fun to play a healbot (which is not always the case, mind. A lot of people, myself included, really like the support mmorpg mentality) should have a miniscule advantage over his fireball-tossing brethren so that he doesn't spend entire encounters face-down. I'm not sure if I still agree with that point now that the system's seen so many revisions.

I'm actually starting the playtest on the next major version as of tonight. You can probably expect to see the huge revision pdf appear here in about a month.
    can that be a seperate link though since I'm on the old system?

21. - Top - End - #531
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

So where would be a good idea to get some maps to use? I plan to use maptool.

22. - Top - End - #532

Alright. Just struck me as odd, is all. That, and the fact that I'd make Black Mages have more MP, and Whites have more HP. Also, and I'm not sure if this has been pointed out before; Spells suck at low levels. I mean, you get off like 1-2, sometimes 3. And then you're out. I'm not sure what you can do to fix that, though.
    ~ Thanks to Crimmy for Richardtar ~

23. - Top - End - #533
    Pixie in the Playground

Goblin

Hey so when are you going to fix up the more current PDF? I wouldn;t mind a bestiary for my game.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205265

24. - Top - End - #534
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by IkeIllYu View Post
    Hey so when are you going to fix up the more current PDF? I wouldn;t mind a bestiary for my game.

Right after the magic section. Where it always is. Don't rely on bookmarks for all of it.

That and its not even done yet. Try waiting till its done before complaining.
    Last edited by wiimanclassic; 2011-07-10 at 09:03 AM.

25. - Top - End - #535
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by IkeIllYu View Post

Out of curiosity, how did you actually find this if Dust hasn't released it yet? Or do you know Dust & this is a bizarre publicity stunt to generate more interest before the finished product comes out?

26. - Top - End - #536
    Pixie in the Playground

Goblin

Haha, publicity seriously?

The truth is. One day Dust sleighted me and for that he will pay.

SO. let us E-mail him and tell him to stop focusing on silly things like job/school/food. So he can focus on what's important, our fun.

Oh, and I got it by asking for it.

27. - Top - End - #537
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

So uh, gonna keep a copy of the old rules. Why? Because some might prefer the older version.

Also the limit ability thing seems like a good idea.
    Last edited by wiimanclassic; 2011-07-10 at 11:55 AM.

28. - Top - End - #538

Ike is a friend...and I use the term loosely...who craves constant attention lest he wither away and die.

The posted pdf certainly contains some progress to the system, but it's ultimately far from finished - in that incarnation, it's not even playable. I tend to keep my notes all over the place when working on this thing.
    Last edited by Dust; 2011-07-11 at 12:51 AM.

29. - Top - End - #539

Ike is a friend...and I use the term loosely...who craves constant attention lest he wither away and die.

The posted pdf certainly contains some progress to the system, but it's ultimately far from finished - in that incarnation, it's not even playable. I tend to keep my notes all over the place when working on this thing.
    Ah. So he's a best friend. You guys must be ULTRA PUBLICITY BUDDIES OF DOOM AND SUCH THINGS.

Either that, or you're close acquaintances. I prefer the first, but whatever you say Dust.
    ~ Thanks to Crimmy for Richardtar ~

30. - Top - End - #540
    Pixie in the Playground

Goblin

{Scrubbed}
    Last edited by averagejoe; 2011-07-15 at 01:04 AM.