New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 52 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1543
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Default Re: Final Fantasy d6 (Complete System)

Can I ask where the download for the latest version for FFD6 is? I can't find it anywhere and am highly curious as to what changes has been made.

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Bugbear in the Playground

On the very first page there is a link called Mediafire download right underneath the title name.

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I look so forward to reading this! I run a FF ZODIAC game modled after the lion war fro tactics, and its been fun. Its d100 though so very different from most things. Right on for taking this project to completion
    Now die! Ahem... I mean cheers,

F. Hauwk

4. - Top - End - #1084

I just thought of a fairly simple combo that seems like it could be fun (though it would be a late game combo): A redmage with the Epic ability Fencer having a tier 7 weapon with element enhancer, element strike, and the special ability of elemental stones (black mage's ability). If he had charismagic as well, he could pump Dex and Res to be a pretty strong battle mage. The element enhancer plus element strike combo alone gives him an effective 10.5 tier weapon (or perhaps a 21 tier weapon verses monsters with a weakness to an element?). And then the elemental field affect from the elemental stones ability would at the very least add another 3.5 tiers, if not 7,10.5, or 21 (obviously any decent gm would not let it get to that point. A redmage capable of hitting for 42 x dex/pwr per round is ridiculously op [though this addition/multiplication could only theoretically work if the elemental field captured was the correct one]).

In any case, food for thought

Falcon777

Edit: APPARENTLY elemental fields don't do anything more than add 2 steps of damage. So I suppose the most you could hope to get from this situation would be 25 x dex/pwr, assuming the x2 damage for elemental weakness would be calculated after all the other things are added.

Edit 2: Eh, I guess when you really think about it, even 19.5 (which would be if weakness is calculated before the element enhancer or the elemental field) is incredibly powerful on a normal strike. Add a possible critical hit in there and you're looking at damage that rivals the holy spell against a holy weak enemy. When I think about it that way, that's still really, really powerful. Am I perhaps missing something here? I'm almost wondering if a redmage's epic ability Fencer is more powerful than his previous version of Crimson Seal combined with haste for double casting each round. I mean, if you had haste on a battle redmage you're hitting (assuming you are close enough and have good accuracy) for at least 28 x attribute each round, and that is at tier 6; tier 7 brings it up to 35 per round or 39 per round if you happen to have that particular weapon and the right elemental field caught in it. Although... *holds chin* this does require you to be fighting someone weak to an element. If they are only just vulnerable (or whatever is stronger; I have trouble remembering which is which) then the damage isn't so badly over powered (this is of course assuming that 28xattribute damage per round from a single character at level 12 is in fact overpowered. I haven't done the math).
    Last edited by Falcon777; 2013-03-25 at 03:39 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1085

Remember that Fencer doesn't let you change the property on [Element] Enhancer.

The element enhancer plus element strike combo alone gives him an effective 10.5 tier weapon
    Where are you getting the +3.5 from? Enhancer only grants 1 damage step.

6. - Top - End - #1086

Where are you getting the +3.5 from? Enhancer only grants 1 damage step.
    Today 10:44 AM

Ah, apparently Dust changed it between the original version and v1.1 where there were many other changes. That's my bad. Originally it added half tier damage, so with a tier 7 weapon you'd have 10.5. I suppose the math would change a bit then...so it'd be 10 x attribute if you had the elemental field which would still change to 20 x attribute with weakness, or 40 x attribute if you had haste and weakness.

However, I would find it hard to believe that a gm would not include elemental enhancer, especially since it only adds one damage step (which for all practical purposes, any job ability that gives a damage step increase is a crapshoot). Frankly, actually, I'm surprised it isn't in the rulebook already. But hey, I suppose if the gm was strictly by the book you would be right.

Sigh, though I suppose people aren't looking to make redmages stronger, so I doubt it will get added, even though it makes more sense than status [proof] or elemental ward. Meh, I suppose I can go back to making a cast heavy redmage instead. They have more abilities that support that kind of build anyways.

Falcon777

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dust View Post
    Know that this is incredibly helpful. I'll be going through this list one-by-one over the next few days. I'll sit down and chat about red mages soon. I think we can all agree that they lack noticable drawbacks, or can easily buy them off.
    Happy to help, I love the crap out of this system, you have a great core and a very ambitious and interesting design philosophy, once you nail the meat and potatoes of the design bits you'll have a real winner.
    Signature!

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Dwarf in the Playground

So I feel like I have to share this moment, because I've never, -ever- done this before in a tabletop.

I played in a session run by one of my players, who wanted to GM it once and let me be a player for once. I decided to run a 5' 1" Dark Knight with a whipsword (Gemini is a beautiful thing).

We're going up against a boss, and the party consists of my Dark Knight, a Warrior with an axe, a Gambler, a White Mage, and a Geomancer.

Since no one had ever decided to a teamwork attack, I did one with the warrior, and it succeeded, so here's what I did:

He set up his axe as a landing platform. My Dark Knight jumped into the air and landed on it, and he swung it around to throw her at the Boss. As my character passed the Boss, she threw out her sword and wrapped it around the Boss' neck. She used the momentum from being tossed to swing around the boss using the whipsword and back to the Warrior, who grabbed her and flipped her around. The Boss, still caught by the whipsword, was yanked into the air and slammed into a nearby wall.

My GM liked it so much for the description, he gave us bonus damage on our attacks.

It's probably one of my favorite moments ever in a tabletop. Dust, the system is great, and I love that I was able to do something like that. Thank you so much.
    We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty.

Former BleachITP player of the one and only Minuet.

Homebrew!
    The Freerunner, based on everyone's favorite parkour girl Faith Connors.
    The White Clad - Custom Base Class, based on the Assassin's Creed series, now with a bonus Prestige class - The Guildmaster.
    Star Wars Saga Edition Force Power Revamp, complete with new skill calculations and a shiny graph.

9. - Top - End - #1089
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Isn't that the best part about tabletops? At least for me as a GM, I prefer cinematic combat situations to standard tactical based rolling. The players seem to connect more with their characters (and subsequently the story) when they are able to write a combat scenario, wherein they triumph with epic flare. Just last night we had another one of these situations. . .

Team Attack: Into The Belly (or Frog-Sack) of the Beast

The huge beast stood before them nearly blocking all of the hallway which was almost 15 feet wide. It's skin was red and wet as if it were perpetually bleeding. It walked on four legs, and had a stance like a large cat, with a spine that stretched into a long tail. The spine was able to be seen along the back of the beast. The bones along his back made a thick spiked exo-skeleton. The creature had swallowed a room full of ash and smoke that was left from one of the previous monsters. Now he had formed a large frog-like sack under his neck, which held all of the ash, smoke, and what now looked to be smoldering fire. The team knew that the time to act was now. . .

The Samurai/Time Mage, Kuroki Ryu, was wielding a lightning enhanced spear, and because of his quick reflexes and mastery over time he was the first to act. Ryu began quietly drawing energy from the Weave of Time (where his magic comes from). Seeing his ally begin to draw in slight amounts of chrono-energy, Lahran knew that he would have to respond and assist. Lahran was blind, but he could see energy signatures better than almost any caster in the world, which allows him a sight of sorts (high fantasy world, high power, lots of energy all over the place). Using the peerless agility that he come so accustomed to relying on throughout his journey as an Immortal Monk/Ranger, Lahran quickly began to run up the right hand wall with perfect balance and striking speed.

Briarios, the Android Engineer/Geomancer, began to hyper-speed calculate at the moment he first recognized muscular activity in his allies' bodies. Before the first step had even been landed by Lahran, Briarios had already predicted his actions and reactions to Ryu based on the muscle groups that had been activated, and the position of their respective pupil/iris. Briarios knew that in order to properly execute the attack, his allies were going to have to target a point on the creatures smoldering sack that was currently not exposed. By exposing 15-20% more surface area on the front of the sack, the impending attack's success chance would skyrocket. He quickly leapt into the air and over the creature. Once he was positioned above the creature's hind quarters, he activated his shoulder and leg thrusters to launch him toward the beast at great speed. Wielding his tech-hammer, the android smashed into the back of the creature causing it to rear it's head back in pain and reaction.

The creature's sack was now fully exposed, and stretched tight from the position of the beast's head. Ryu instantly flash-stepped forward, thrusting the sparking spear into the sack, which penetrated but did not pop. Lahran saw the spear stuck into the sack and kicked off the wall with all of his strength just as he had almost reached the 18 ft ceiling. His body literally became a missile as energy coursed through his body. At the last moment, just before connecting with a powerful charge, Lahran grasped the spear and twisted his body to slide under the beast while still holding the spear's shaft. The sheer force caused the spear to rip a line straight down the center of the sack, as Lahran slid completely beneath the beast's belly. The sack exploded with most of the force being released internally into the beast. The beast was obliterated, and party was spared of his terrible "Final Attack" ability by the completion of a successful team attack.

Anyone else got any epic Team Attack cinemas to share? They can be fun to write!!!

10. - Top - End - #1090

Dang, now I really wish I had a group to play the game with....*sigh*

11. - Top - End - #1091

I decided to bite the bullet and run a FFd6 PbP game myself. Hopefully it'll start a trend and I'll get to play in one :D

Anyone that's interested can apply here.

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Ogre in the Playground

I might, but I need to think about it.
    Avatar by the awesome smuchsmuch.

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThreadOfFate View Post
    (Gemini is a beautiful thing).
    You're welcome... for the tier 2 version at least.

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Bump for answers to the previous questions regarding Electrocute, Chimera's Blood, Escalate, and Float.

-Wondering if we found a combo that was meant to be found or not. Seems pretty OP if it works mechanically how I think it might.

15. - Top - End - #1095

The only part that seems mechanically questionable is Flight. Most of the listings refer to flying targets as simply negating earth damage (which sounds like a special property), but the description of the spell Flight calls its effect an immunity.

I browsed back through the guide thinking there might be a distinction between Float and Flight that Valnnar was referring to, and I noticed that there is a unique Float property, but it has no description: The components Wood and Feather have the properties SOS-Float and Auto-Float respectively, but this property isn't described anywhere else in the PDF (at least not that I saw perusing the status effect and property sections or ctl-F'ing through the guide). Did I miss something here?

Oh, not sure if these should be called typos or not, but:

The explanation of Descriptive Attacks on pg. 149 and Stylish's description on pg 170 both refer to EVA when I think they mean to refer to AVD, old nomenclature maybe?
    Last edited by squiggit; 2013-03-28 at 06:02 PM.

16. - Top - End - #1096
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by squiggit View Post
    The explanation of Descriptive Attacks on pg. 149 and Stylish's description on pg 170 both refer to EVA when I think they mean to refer to AVD, old nomenclature maybe?
    Definitely. It used to be Evade or Evasion instead of Avoid or Avoidance.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

17. - Top - End - #1097
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

well the tricky questions regarding Electrocute and Escalate still seems unclear to me as well. I mean if I am able to increase a spell's damage steps by any means and then cast Electrocute, would the bonus spell damage steps last for one round, or be repeated every round afterwards.

Can it be cast on a willing ally? Therefore allowing two Blues to take the abilities needed and perma-heal each by double casting Electrocute.

Doe Electrocute stack on the same target if cast twice? Does the repeating damage "Tick" for every time the spell had been cast on the same target?

Does Electrocute stack on the owner in any way. . . If there are three targets and you individually cast it on each of them, will the caster then heal from the spell for every target (when combined with Chimera's Blood).

Ultimately this could lead to 4 Blues. . . Taking Escalate, Chimera's Blood (Str vs Lit and Weak vs Earth), Sapphire Seal, Aerial Bloodline (For Flight), and Diffusion while knowing the spell Electrocute, and combining the effects to attack all targets with an Escalated x2 and Diffused, Sapphire Sealed cast of Electrocute on all targets.

-No monster could ever be immune to this spell, which will last for the whole fight.
    -Each caster would target all enemies and allies. Thus every caster would be healed for (Dex X 11 +2d6) per round.
    -If Flight stops Earth spells, then you have negated your single heavy weakness.
    -If you combine this with the SOS-Haste property, before the spell is landed you will gain the benefits of Haste, and complete the spell as a standard action on the first round of combat, thus is can't be interrupted. (someone pointed out earlier, that this could work. . . so I hope that was correct.)

What could stop this team? (wouldn't be very fun, that's for sure. It'd be like playing Super Smash Bros. Except the only character that anyone can play is ZEUS-THE GOD OF FREGGIN' THUNDER!!!!) Sigh. . . . when everyone's special, no one is.

18. - Top - End - #1098
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Valnnar View Post
    What could stop this team? (wouldn't be very fun, that's for sure. It'd be like playing Super Smash Bros. Except the only character that anyone can play is ZEUS-THE GOD OF FREGGIN' THUNDER!!!!) Sigh. . . . when everyone's special, no one is.
    The GM could.

This system, as far as I can tell, is pretty rules-light. This works in the favor much of time, but it also means that the GM has a certain amount of work to do in order to keep balance present - such as forbidding this type of thing from happening by just saying "no, you can't all be blue mages".

Now, I understand that yes, this is a problem with rules-as-written, but let's face it, what GM would actually allow this type of combination to happen?

No system is going to be perfect and free from breakage by accounting for every possibility, and as this is still a work in progress, it's got perhaps a bit more of these loopholes than something like Pathfinder.

At this point I think I'd be more worried about sorting out individual abilities or game play elements (i.e. the Jump or Charismagic discussions) rather than focusing on combinations that take some work to really make busted.

And really, since it's a blue magic spell, the easiest way to keep this not a problem is to just never expose the player to the spell (or forbid them from taking it at level 10).

Homebrew!
    The White Clad - Custom Base Class, based on the Assassin's Creed series, now with a bonus Prestige class - The Guildmaster.
    Star Wars Saga Edition Force Power Revamp, complete with new skill calculations and a shiny graph.

19. - Top - End - #1099
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

No system is going to be perfect and free from breakage by accounting for every possibility, and as this is still a work in progress, it's got perhaps a bit more of these loopholes than something like Pathfinder.

At this point I think I'd be more worried about sorting out individual abilities or game play elements (i.e. the Jump or Charismagic discussions) rather than focusing on combinations that take some work to really make busted.

And really, since it's a blue magic spell, the easiest way to keep this not a problem is to just never expose the player to the spell (or forbid them from taking it at level 10).
    Well . . . Let's see. I agree with the fact that every game has flaws, and achieving true balance is a feat that hasn't been reached yet (of course true balance is also subject to perspective). Also, I am well aware of the fact that these rules are currently incomplete, and that over time the rough edges will continue to round out. And that is exactly why I post these things.

Every ability I listed is from the SAME CLASS. This isn't some weird OP class build that I "frankensteined" by abusing the multi-class system. These abilities were placed all on the same class, and I want to know if it was on purpose or not. Was this a build that was intended in creation. And I don't know about how you run games, but if I have a tabletop which has clearly laid out rules, and numbers that took time, effort, and energy to create. . . . My players would want access to it. I won't limit what they want to explore in the realm of rules/abilities/power gaming, because tabletopping is about adhering to many different types of gamers. The grinders, the leaders, the heavy RPers, the power gamers, the writers, and the math freaks all have a place at my table.

I consider it a privilege to take part in a set of rules that are still in progress. And because no one person could ever see from every angle, sometimes extra eyes can help find unseen issues. If everyone in a game wants to play a Blue. . . . They had better have a convincing story-line reasoning behind it, but I would NEVER stop them. People play what they want to play, and some people find the MOST fun in a tabletop happens when your pencil hits that character sheet.

The game does give some very good ways to allow GMs liberal license in creation, and rule manipulation. However, I have played dozens of different gaming systems and this is not what I would consider "Rules Light". I would consider this game to have an elegant and simple mechanical/mathematical system, but the rules and abilities are pretty clear.

For now I am using GM liberty to change the face value rules on the combination that we stumbled upon, so that it can still be effective, powerful, defining, while not breaking my game for everyone else.

An ability is can only be approached from a "Balanced" perspective when it has been put into every possible scenario and come out clean, without breaking the game. Once an ability or combination of abilities is found that "Breaks" a game, it is the duty of the maker to errata, explain, or ban the issue. Abilities MUST be balanced based on their possibility of combination. Dust knows and does this. . . . Which is why I was asking if the combination was intentional, and if so, how deep does the rabbit hole (ability stacking) go.

20. - Top - End - #1100
    Dwarf in the Playground

Every ability I listed is from the SAME CLASS. This isn't some weird OP class build that I "frankensteined" by abusing the multi-class system. These abilities were placed all on the same class, and I want to know if it was on purpose or not. Was this a build that was intended in creation. And I don't know about how you run games, but if I have a tabletop which has clearly laid out rules, and numbers that took time, effort, and energy to create. . . . My players would want access to it. I won't limit what they want to explore in the realm of rules/abilities/power gaming, because tabletopping is about adhering to many different types of gamers. The grinders, the leaders, the heavy RPers, the power gamers, the writers, and the math freaks all have a place at my table.
    Not that you should deny anyone a place a gaming table (unless, you know, they're terrible people and bad players), but you've never found a reason to house rule or write your own addendum to a gaming system? Or, you've never had to?

I consider it a privilege to take part in a set of rules that are still in progress. And because no one person could ever see from every angle, sometimes extra eyes can help find unseen issues. If everyone in a game wants to play a Blue. . . . They had better have a convincing story-line reasoning behind it, but I would NEVER stop them. People play what they want to play, and some people find the MOST fun in a tabletop happens when your pencil hits that character sheet.
    Which yeah, I agree with, but I don't think I'd let my players all play Blue Mages with a specific skillset unless I was running some kind of Blue Mage Academy game or some other specific thing. Normally I encourage creativity, but I'm not sure it would make for as fun a game as if they diversified.

An ability is can only be approached from a "Balanced" perspective when it has been put into every possible scenario and come out clean, without breaking the game. Once an ability or combination of abilities is found that "Breaks" a game, it is the duty of the maker to errata, explain, or ban the issue. Abilities MUST be balanced based on their possibility of combination. Dust knows and does this. . . . Which is why I was asking if the combination was intentional, and if so, how deep does the rabbit hole (ability stacking) go.
    I'm not really sure it's possible to balance each ability by doing so. Each ability added increases the time spent to balance (and rebalance) exponentially - which is why my point was, we should focus on the more common combinations and singular abilities that need more effort than some combination like this which takes a more specific set of abilities and class progression.

I mean, you're right, it's pretty stupid broken, and does need some kind of addendum or fix.

Homebrew!

21. - Top - End - #1101
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

These abilities were placed all on the same class, and I want to know if it was on purpose or not.
    This is really the point I should've been trying to make. A bunch of abilities that are all in the same class should naturally be built to work with each other. Originally when I looked at the Blue Mage I thought they'd make a good sub-job for some interesting augmentations to certain, specialized caster builds. When I found this it was like. . . . "Wait, is this what they were going for?" Electrocute and Chimera's Blood go together as naturally in my mind as Velocity and Impale do for a Dragoon. But, just because the connection seems natural and obvious to me doesn't mean that was it's intended function.

Not that you should deny anyone a place a gaming table (unless, you know, they're terrible people and bad players), but you've never found a reason to house rule or write your own addendum to a gaming system? Or, you've never had to?
    If you knew me you would laugh with me at this statement. Yeah I make my own changes and balances to every single system I GM for, it's a habit/obsession. I tend to go too far many times with my creativity and sacrifice balance for the need of the players' personal satisfaction. However I still like to use the rules as they are laid out, so that my power gamers can feel the rush of pouring over textile content while looking for that "Hidden OP Combo". Some players just love that stuff, so I don't want to have to disappoint them if it turns out the combo TOO over the top. Power gamers tend to argue the power of their combos based on in depth phrase analysis, and will nit pick every word of every sentence looking for the loophole. When they finally find one, they wonder to themselves, "Did I have to stretch the rules to get this, or was it MEANT to be that way by design." Thus, having an environment where our voice can be heard by the maker of the content makes solving these issues much easier than they otherwise could be. My guys feel much better knowing that I will check on the intended design of certain combinations when I throw a temporary rules augment at them during a game, which results in a perceived loss of power.

So yeah. One of my players is waiting intently, and hoping to hear 3 magical words spoken by Dust, "Working as Intended".

22. - Top - End - #1102

Hey Valnarr, I don't know the answer to the Blue Mage build question you have. However, I am pretty confident I can answer your question about float: it's a typo. In the "original" version (I don't know if it was or not), the game was quite different. A few months after I joined this forum, Dust realized that there were so many major problems with the game that she did quite the overhaul on it. Much of it is the same (even with the problems it was STILL a kickbutt game), but one of the things she removed was float.

I hope that answers your question succinctly enough.

Falcon777

23. - Top - End - #1103
    Pixie in the Playground

question for everyone, do you use grid(hex or 1 inch square), gridless,or theater of the mind when you run the session in your games.

24. - Top - End - #1104

Just thought of a song on youtube that could easily act as a great song for the montage ability that entertainers get: DJ Splash - "My First Love" (Mikkas Remix) Trance.

Falcon777

25. - Top - End - #1105
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kaiten619 View Post
    question for everyone, do you use grid(hex or 1 inch square), gridless,or theater of the mind when you run the session in your games.
    Although mine has yet to start (4 more weeks until Chaos), I have mine planned and set up to be on a grid with 1 inch squares. I am using the Final Fantasy Tactics rules for range, movement, and the what-nots, but the areas will be fully mapped grids with where what enemies or things are already located on the minimap on my laptop (like in D&D and SW:SE). If this fails, I will resort to using just a blank whiteboard to show them where the party is with respect to the enemies; or if I have absurd amounts of time on my hands I might break down and make every map using my hex-shaped Heroscape tiles (might still do this for a couple epic boss fights if I have time).
    It is important to always have backup plans.
    When you have a player that wants to be in a campaign but knows that he will miss every other week. Do not say that he cannot be in the campaign. Let him play the bosses, especially a recurring boss. Just give the player your idea of the boss character and then let him make it and play it. If you do this, do not interfere with the battle. With this method you create a genuine personality for your bosses.

26. - Top - End - #1106
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kaiten619 View Post
    I actually use something different. I set up a grid on a dry-erase board that looks kind of like this:
    Code:
    _______
    | | | |
    |A|B|C|
    | |D| |
    | | | |
    -------
    Just draw a rectangle and make a bunch of columns.

Each column is a different range, and where you are relative to everyone else matters.

Being in the same column as someone means you are short range from them. Being in an adjacent column is medium range, and one column separating you is long range.

Moving between columns is moving a "medium range" as a standard action (so if you want to change columns, that's probably your entire turn, unless I'm misunderstanding the rules or you have Haste). Moving within the same column is a short range movement and is abstracted. If you are in the same column as someone else, you can attack them or whatever.

For instance:
    A is:
    • medium range from B
    • medium range from D
    • long range from C

B is:
    • medium range from A
    • short range from D
    • medium range from C

D follows B's example, and C follows A's.

I have every player represent themselves with a multicolored or oddly-colored die of their choosing. All enemies use solid colors (usually black or white), so the battlefield can be easily assessed with a single glance. I'm working on printing out custom tokens for all the PCs.

Homebrew!

27. - Top - End - #1107
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Gaming group just recently came across this and are trying it out. I'm personally interested in monk class, and wondering if their HP bonuses are enough to actually make up for inability to wear armor due to chain bonus stuff.

Also is there anything that keeps a Samurai from carrying around several weapons to be Draw Out really often?
    Last edited by Bobikus; 2013-04-04 at 12:48 AM.

28. - Top - End - #1108

To the former, not sure. To the latter, cost.

29. - Top - End - #1109
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Bobikus View Post
    I'm personally interested in monk class, and wondering if their HP bonuses are enough to actually make up for inability to wear armor due to chain bonus stuff.
    They do pretty well from what I've seen in game.

In addition to their high base HP they can potentially increase it by 30 more per level with Unbreakable Form. This is really good at lower levels compared to mitigation. When you have 100 + more HP than anyone else in your party at level 4 or 5, mitigating 8 damage per hit isn't that big of a deal.

EDIT:
    The biggest drawback is not getting the property slots. However a GM can easily figure that out with a robe that doesn't actually provide armor, but can be enchanted with properties or something.

EDIT2:
    I can't speak about late game myself as I haven't seen it yet.
    Last edited by awahl; 2013-04-04 at 07:53 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1110
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Also how important is group composition combat wise. Do you absolutely need a traditional healer and/or tank?