New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 26414243444546474849505152 LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 1543
  1. - Top - End - #1501
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy d6 (Complete System)

So there's been about a month. Any further news? Or anything that needs to be worked-out/worked-on?
    Plus I was somewhat curious as to if the thread was truly full in a "can't post further" fashion.

2. - Top - End - #1502
    Pixie in the Playground

I've been curious about that myself. I am waiting eagerly for any news and updates. It's been cool seeing the invention of other users, but I'm more ... anxious for the big update from Dust. :)

As for the post limitation I don't know if there is one.

3. - Top - End - #1503
    Firbolg in the Playground

There's only a soft limit--we can still post but the mods would prefer us to make a new one. Any takers, or shall I?
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

4. - Top - End - #1504
    Dwarf in the Playground

We're holding you responsible for this!

5. - Top - End - #1505
    Pixie in the Playground

I think only the author is allowed to make the new thread?

Edit: I'm starting to get worried that things have halted once again. Does anyone have news?
    Last edited by Soultastic; 2015-06-13 at 07:18 AM.

6. - Top - End - #1506
    Dwarf in the Playground

Nope. Nothing since the last post here.
    That was probably the last of it.

7. - Top - End - #1507
    Pixie in the Playground

Thumbs up Re: Final Fantasy d6 (Complete System)

Ended up running this at my local gaming store as part of International Tabletop Day over the weekend and... well I felt I had to make an account just to thank everyone involved for the system. FF is one of the big influences that pushed me towards RP in the first place and it's nice to see such a homage to it. While the dice system and related math is new and interesting, classes and combat seem somewhat familiar; giving me a very 13th age feel.

Either way, and I'd love to help out in anyway I can in the future; the thread has certainly provided some interesting insight to the system and hope it continues.

8. - Top - End - #1508
    Pixie in the Playground

I'd LOVE to play FFD6 in person with other people. As it is, I participate in a game run online. The first game I was in ended at 42 sessions when the GM got a job and became unable to continue running it. One of the players I was with turned around and is running his own game now. We're 55 sessions deep, having played for well over a year now. I hope to continue playing this game and seeing changes coming out for it.

9. - Top - End - #1509
    Pixie in the Playground

So I still visit this Thread about 2-3 times a week hoping to see some form of activity or an Update from Dust. My guess is that the real-world has assaulted her again and she can't work on the system, which is entirely understandable and acceptable.

Does anyone have any Forums, Threads, or Blogs that are keeping this dream alive? The system is amazing and I do not want it to become stagnant.
    When you have a player that wants to be in a campaign but knows that he will miss every other week. Do not say that he cannot be in the campaign. Let him play the bosses, especially a recurring boss. Just give the player your idea of the boss character and then let him make it and play it. If you do this, do not interfere with the battle. With this method you create a genuine personality for your bosses.

10. - Top - End - #1510
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by War Planets View Post
    So I still visit this Thread about 2-3 times a week hoping to see some form of activity or an Update from Dust. My guess is that the real-world has assaulted her again and she can't work on the system, which is entirely understandable and acceptable.

Does anyone have any Forums, Threads, or Blogs that are keeping this dream alive? The system is amazing and I do not want it to become stagnant.
    I'm (slowly) working on a system rework. It's a nigh upon total system revamp, so it's taking some time since I'm also GMing it while I do it. I'm not sure how much it'll preserve the core spirit of the game though, but that's something I'll probably think about once I have the entire thing stabilized. My biggest worry is probably that FFd6 is intended to be very casual and smooth and that trying to expand it will make it overly complex, but again, something I'll work on once the balancing scales are set. As it stands, right now I'm tweaking around with skills (total number and purpose) with a revamped item properties system around the corner. I don't keep a blog, but I can try to drop in every so often and ramble on about how it's going if there's interest.

P.S. Waiting for Dust to come back having read my mind and stolen the good parts of my changes. /tinfoilhat

11. - Top - End - #1511
    Pixie in the Playground

I come back once a week myself to see if we've caught word from the great Dust.

12. - Top - End - #1512
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Sorry for the thread hijacking, but there is HERE a thread buried in this forum about another interation of a FFRPG. Why don't you pay a visit there? I'd love to hear what you guys think about it (critics are VERY welcome :P )

13. - Top - End - #1513
    Bugbear in the Playground

I love all of you. I'm probably never going to have a chance to come back to this. Someday, I hope I'll have the opportunity to actually play a single game in this system which ate up thousands of hours of my life and never saw real completion.

Here are the unorganized, sloppy word doc files of what I had. I'll spare you the jumbled notes and insane spreadsheets talking about combat and economic curves.

To you from failing hands I throw.

http://www.4shared.com/zip/texaa1-3ce/FFd6_Share.html

14. - Top - End - #1514
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dust View Post
    I love all of you. I'm probably never going to have a chance to come back to this. Someday, I hope I'll have the opportunity to actually play a single game in this system which ate up thousands of hours of my life and never saw real completion.

Here are the unorganized, sloppy word doc files of what I had. I'll spare you the jumbled notes and insane spreadsheets talking about combat and economic curves.

And real life claims another victim. Thanks for this system, had some fun with it.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

15. - Top - End - #1515
    Firbolg in the Playground

Dust, you haven't failed anyone. Do what you have to do, a'ight? I think I speak for everyone here: We appreciate you and your creations. Have a good one, yeah?
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

16. - Top - End - #1516
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

It's a real shame Real Life(tm) has claimed another victim. I hope you achieve sucess in all your endeavors.

Dust, since that happened, may I shamelessly plunder pay homage to some parts of the FFd6 book (mostly art and race/games descriptions) in my FFRPG 4th Edition project?

17. - Top - End - #1517
    Pixie in the Playground

Does anyone have a safer download of this file?

After the 'setup.exe' the site forced on me that wanted to install all the adware, I gave up on trying to download from 4shared.

18. - Top - End - #1518
    Bugbear in the Playground

Here's a mediafire link, Jaillyn. And really, there's not much in there - just some unorganized msword docs. I still do hope to have a weekend or two where I can really just sit down with a cup of coffee and put all these thoughts and player suggestions and houserules into effect and make a finalized version - for myself, if nothing else - but it's unfair to anyone who's enjoyed this to make them wait for me, especially when this break looks like it'll take another year or so. I've got some real opportunities in the industry I don't want to squander by having to split good ideas - they're rare enough as it is!

Mister Carvalho, only about a tenth of the art in there was actually commissioned, and about a quarter of it wound up being uncredited after a brief co-writer lied about where he was getting art resources from. You can use whatever you like, but be aware of the latter caveat - not every piece in there has been used with express permission from the original artist, which...honestly, still bothers me a lot.

19. - Top - End - #1519
    Pixie in the Playground

Thank you for the files. I'm sorry, just the 4shared wasn't exactly being nice to me. :) I'm not the best on a site when it says download six different times, ehe.

I'm going to look through the files. I'm interested to see the actual document file for the system.

I'm sorry you're going to be unable to work on this, but you can feel reassured that I appreciate all that you've done. Take it easy and have fun in whatever you do decide to do from here on out.

20. - Top - End - #1520
    Pixie in the Playground

Dust, you have by no means failed nor have you the right to claim failure. Your work here has been outstanding at the very least. You have created a complex yet simple system that is both lite and in-depth. The fact that you have a real career is nothing to be ashamed of, it is something to be proud of. Thank you for all of your hard work and time, it is greatly appreciated by us all. And even if in one, two, five years from now you feel an urge to come back to this system, YOUR system, we will rally behind you and support you. Good luck in your carrier, if you can make this system AND put up with all of us you can do anything.

If you are ever in the SSE USA you are always welcome at my gaming table, just send me a PM with a little advanced notice please.
    When you have a player that wants to be in a campaign but knows that he will miss every other week. Do not say that he cannot be in the campaign. Let him play the bosses, especially a recurring boss. Just give the player your idea of the boss character and then let him make it and play it. If you do this, do not interfere with the battle. With this method you create a genuine personality for your bosses.

21. - Top - End - #1521
    Dwarf in the Playground

Heeeeeey my sheet's in there! :D

Thanks for all the work and the document release, Dust. Sasaisen is still plugging away at Final Fantasy Infinite, which has a lot of inspiration from FFd6.

Reminder to all you can check that thread out here. He's working on it pretty much every day, even if the progress isn't there in the forum.
    We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty.

Former BleachITP player of the one and only Minuet.

Homebrew!
    The Freerunner, based on everyone's favorite parkour girl Faith Connors.
    The White Clad - Custom Base Class, based on the Assassin's Creed series, now with a bonus Prestige class - The Guildmaster.
    Star Wars Saga Edition Force Power Revamp, complete with new skill calculations and a shiny graph.

22. - Top - End - #1522
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ThreadOfFate View Post
    Heeeeeey my sheet's in there! :D

Thanks for all the work and the document release, Dust. Sasaisen is still plugging away at Final Fantasy Infinite, which has a lot of inspiration from FFd6.

Reminder to all you can check that thread out here. He's working on it pretty much every day, even if the progress isn't there in the forum.
    Thats nice ThreadOfFate. I'm also doing an spiritual sucessor; FFRPG 4th (links on sig). Lets join forces? I bet both systems can improve with some of the insights we're getting. :D
    Final Fantasy RPG 4th Edition:
    A complete game, ready for your JRPG-esque tabletop needs, written in Portuguese and English

23. - Top - End - #1523
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'll point Sasaisen to it. He does the bulk of the design work, I just offer my thoughts and help when asked. :P

As for me, I'll absolutely read it. Love finding new systems.

Homebrew!
    The White Clad - Custom Base Class, based on the Assassin's Creed series, now with a bonus Prestige class - The Guildmaster.
    Star Wars Saga Edition Force Power Revamp, complete with new skill calculations and a shiny graph.

24. - Top - End - #1524
    Pixie in the Playground

I'll spare you the jumbled notes and insane spreadsheets talking about combat and economic curves.
    Actually, I would really love to see that stuff. Would it be alright if you shared it? I'm curious to see the process, and would love it as a resource in case I wanted to tinker with the system a bit. What do you say? :D

25. - Top - End - #1525
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Nilled View Post
    Actually, I would really love to see that stuff. Would it be alright if you shared it? I'm curious to see the process, and would love it as a resource in case I wanted to tinker with the system a bit. What do you say? :D
    I would also love to see it as I am tinkering with the system and am basically updating it myself for my playgroup.

26. - Top - End - #1526
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Improved Monster Creator

Quote Originally Posted by IronJawbone View Post
    Finally got the Monster Creator all nice and spiffy. Again, thanks to Thread Of Fate for providing a great structure to build upon. I'm willing to listen to feedback, and constructive criticism!

I do plan on building a bestiary with this thing, starting with a bunch of level 1 critters, and I'll share what I make. (I'm currently just banging rocks together making these things, so please don't expect too much, and don't be afraid to make edits to better suit your players.)
    Does anyone have the monster creator discussed in the quote above? I'd like to get a chance to use it.

27. - Top - End - #1527
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zamazi View Post
    Does anyone have the monster creator discussed in the quote above? I'd like to get a chance to use it.
    I have it, although I have never posted a link before so I may be doing this wrong. If you can't download it, let me know and I'll try to fix it.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4...WFzcXJtaGtLbms

I ran a campaign using this thing. It is a life saver, or party ender if you want. Just make sure to read the 'Read Me' tab before you start editing.

28. - Top - End - #1528
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by War Planets View Post
    I have it, although I have never posted a link before so I may be doing this wrong. If you can't download it, let me know and I'll try to fix it.
    I ran a campaign using this thing. It is a life saver, or party ender if you want. Just make sure to read the 'Read Me' tab before you start editing.
    Link worked like a charm. Thanks a lot!

29. - Top - End - #1529
    Dwarf in the Playground

God bless Iron Jawbone for taking my terrible creator and making something of it.

Also future perpetual open offer - if you guys ever want customized versions of the character sheets, let me know. Or, I can post the Illustrator files on here if anyone wants them.

Homebrew!

30. - Top - End - #1530
    Orc in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Hello, everyone! I'm El Sijo, from Puerto Rico. Thanks to this forum I got a copy of Dust's game (and her Errata) and I've been thinking of starting my own game. I see some other FFD6 games going on already but they seem to be filled, so this is your chance to play from the start if you missed on one.

So what's the concept? I call it Final Fantasy Infinity, (not to be confused with the manga of the same name) and it takes place on an original world that combines elements and characters from most if not all FF games. Note that just because a character has a counterpart there does not mean it will share the same fate as the original eg. a certain flower girl is not doomed to die; such things will be determined by in-game events. Most notably, each Job class actually represents a guild and has a social role to fulfill eg. Engineers have a monopoly on technology (which explains why only some cities are futuristic and the rest medieval.) The main story arc will involve a 'civil war' among the summons so expect to fight lots of them as bosses.

Anyway anyone interested please post here for further details, questions and suggestions.
    Opinions are like butts- everybody has got one, but nobody thinks theirs stinks.