Page 9 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 270 of 1433
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Mecharious's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010

    Default Re: Final Fantasy d6 (Complete System)

    Unless you get lucky with confuse, of course.

    Also, Dust, are megalixers subject to the same restrictions as an elixir (only can be received 1/session)? The asterisk is only on the elixir description.
    Last edited by Mecharious; 2010-11-21 at 03:14 PM.
    Check out the Final Fantasy d6 System by Dust.
    Tophat imp avatar by Darwin. (Imps are DEVILS not demons)

  2. - Top - End - #242
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dust's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada, Eh!

    Default Re: Final Fantasy d6 (Complete System)

    Or tricksy with Reflect.

    I didn't ever anticipate them to be common enough to apply the same restriction. I'd say no simply because it probably won't come up, but GM's call.
    Last edited by Dust; 2010-11-21 at 03:23 PM.

  3. - Top - End - #243
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Default Re: Final Fantasy d6 (Complete System)

    In the description of throw, it says that it counts as an ordinary attack and for an ordinary attack, the concealed weapon i have equipped would give me sneak attack. so I dunno what happens there.

  4. - Top - End - #244
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Mecharious's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010

    Default Re: Final Fantasy d6 (Complete System)

    I could see it coming up. I mean, having a megalixir and a regular elixir isn't too far-fetched.

    Which makes me wonder how a megalixer is different from an elixer. Does the liquid shoot out of the bottle and auto-aim for your ally's mouths?

    This is why I love Final Fantasy
    Check out the Final Fantasy d6 System by Dust.
    Tophat imp avatar by Darwin. (Imps are DEVILS not demons)

  5. - Top - End - #245
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Kobold-Bard's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    England
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy d6 (Complete System)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mecharious View Post
    I could see it coming up. I mean, having a megalixir and a regular elixir isn't too far-fetched.

    Which makes me wonder how a megalixer is different from an elixer. Does the liquid shoot out of the bottle and auto-aim for your ally's mouths?

    This is why I love Final Fantasy
    It reacts in your body and exudes a magical pulse that only affects those you consider allies. Meaning Megalixers are psychic and can read your mind.
    Zenithbold-Bard by Lord Raziere | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

  6. - Top - End - #246
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dust's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada, Eh!

    Default Re: Final Fantasy d6 (Complete System)

    Quote Originally Posted by Adell View Post
    In the description of throw, it says that it counts as an ordinary attack and for an ordinary attack, the concealed weapon i have equipped would give me sneak attack. so I dunno what happens there.
    Oh, pardon me. Yes - if you have a concealed weapon equipped, like a dagger or something, the bonus applies to your first attack of combat regardless. So yes, in that situaton, a thrown attack with Ninjutsu Tool Mastery would deal (DEX x 4) points of damage.

  7. - Top - End - #247
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Default Re: Final Fantasy d6 (Complete System)

    Ok excellent. First monster I see is gonna feel ~45 hurt points :D

  8. - Top - End - #248
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Temotei's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy d6 (Complete System)

    Does it say anywhere exactly how to make an attribute check? I haven't found it. I'm basically assuming here that you use your attribute rating modified by 2d6 to make the check.
    Base Class Contest XXI - Can I Get Some Booze From the Crowd?
    Chat Thread
    Voting Thread

    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

  9. - Top - End - #249
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Default Re: Final Fantasy d6 (Complete System)

    I'm pretty sure that's how it works. It wouldn't make sense any other way.

  10. - Top - End - #250
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Temotei's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy d6 (Complete System)

    Quote Originally Posted by Adell View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's how it works. It wouldn't make sense any other way.
    Still, it would be nice to have it down in the Attributes section.

    Also, Crimson Seal should be worded so that it's not permanent.

    Shinryu's SPR rating should be 14, not 24.
    Last edited by Temotei; 2010-11-22 at 06:19 PM.
    Base Class Contest XXI - Can I Get Some Booze From the Crowd?
    Chat Thread
    Voting Thread

    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

  11. - Top - End - #251
    Orc in the Playground
     
    DwarfBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Default Re: Final Fantasy d6 (Complete System)

    I'm running a game in a week or 2 on another forum and the people playing haven't played D anything games before.......nor have I GMed. Any advice?


    Also maybe updating the link on the first page with the mega upload one would help. Ended up with a slightly outdated version of it from this link http://www.mediafire.com/?ua66kyai9l31qal


    How out dated is it?
    Last edited by wiimanclassic; 2010-11-24 at 08:09 PM.

  12. - Top - End - #252
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Default Re: Final Fantasy d6 (Complete System)

    Advice: http://www.wikihow.com/Be-a-Dungeon-Master

    But seriously, just have a general idea of where you want players to go/what you wan them to do and see what they do with it. If you DM really strictly, then it'll suck.

  13. - Top - End - #253
    Orc in the Playground
     
    DualShadow's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Where I am.

    Default Re: Final Fantasy d6 (Complete System)

    Final Fantasy is made to be a game not a "simulation" like dnd, so be light hearted on your heroes, let them look cool, and also if they come up with a far fetch attack description, let them do it but dont be afraid to ask for a skill check if needed. Ex: A player of mine tried to jump from pillar to pillar in order to attack a flying creature without the -4 penalty, mading him do an impressive Athletic check DC 13, he suceeded, result:

    The dark knight wall run 6ft on the first pillar before somersaulting to the pillar behind him, on a higher spot. From there he jump one final time, raising his longsword over his head and bringing it down on the flying mysterious humanoid.

  14. - Top - End - #254
    Orc in the Playground
     
    DwarfBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Default Re: Final Fantasy d6 (Complete System)

    Thanks for the help. Hm.......gonna take that FF4 quest idea and use it as a start to a much longer campaign involving the fiends.....the test group for this went......VERY poorly. Then again the 2 people in that group were new also and one was just kinda there.


    Oh well. The guys I'm playing with next week,running 2 games. 1 starts ahead of the other to test my ideas the other one going a week after, seems like they may do a bit better.

  15. - Top - End - #255
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Zeta Kai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Final Chapter
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy d6 (Complete System)

    Quote Originally Posted by DualShadow View Post
    Final Fantasy is made to be a game not a "simulation" like dnd, so be light hearted on your heroes, let them look cool, and also if they come up with a far fetch attack description, let them do it but dont be afraid to ask for a skill check if needed. Ex: A player of mine tried to jump from pillar to pillar in order to attack a flying creature without the -4 penalty, mading him do an impressive Athletic check DC 13, he suceeded, result:

    The dark knight wall run 6ft on the first pillar before somersaulting to the pillar behind him, on a higher spot. From there he jump one final time, raising his longsword over his head and bringing it down on the flying mysterious humanoid.
    I dunno what FF games you've been playing, but in mine, all my dudes line up in a row for every battle & just take turns wailing on the bad guys. The excitement comes from seeing the attack animations & seeing what rare drops the enemies leave as loot.

  16. - Top - End - #256
    Orc in the Playground
     
    DualShadow's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Where I am.

    Default Re: Final Fantasy d6 (Complete System)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta Kai View Post
    I dunno what FF games you've been playing, but in mine, all my dudes line up in a row for every battle & just take turns wailing on the bad guys. The excitement comes from seeing the attack animations & seeing what rare drops the enemies leave as loot.
    I make my battle more cinematics-like. Its awesome.

  17. - Top - End - #257
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    IcarusWings's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Too close to the sun
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy d6 (Complete System)

    Dust, can Geomancers use intuitive magic (well, intuitive trance), and if so, would it use up their uses of geotrance for the session (I assume so)?
    You gotta' let me know, are we human,
    Or are we dancers?
    My signs are vital, my hands are cold,
    And I'm on my knees, begging for the answer,
    Are we human, or are we dancers?

    - Human, The Killers


  18. - Top - End - #258
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dust's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada, Eh!

    Default Re: Final Fantasy d6 (Complete System)

    Quote Originally Posted by IcarusWings View Post
    Dust, can Geomancers use intuitive magic (well, intuitive trance), and if so, would it use up their uses of geotrance for the session (I assume so)?
    I would absolutely agree that Geomancers should be able to use Intuitive Magic. It used to actually be a job ability before I scrapped it for Stoneskin. As for the latter half, I'd call that up to the GM.

  19. - Top - End - #259
    Orc in the Playground
     
    DwarfBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Default Re: Final Fantasy d6 (Complete System)

    Well 1 guy finished his sheet..........gonna see how having the baazar have a "special weapon" works out. Its gets stronger as its wielder does so every few levels it gets another ability.


    Sound good?

  20. - Top - End - #260
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Mecharious's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010

    Default Re: Final Fantasy d6 (Complete System)

    Why isn't this on the first page?
    Check out the Final Fantasy d6 System by Dust.
    Tophat imp avatar by Darwin. (Imps are DEVILS not demons)

  21. - Top - End - #261
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Temotei's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy d6 (Complete System)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mecharious View Post
    Why isn't this on the first page?
    Supposedly because nobody has anything to say right now.

    There'll probably be more to critique and talk about once another update comes about.
    Base Class Contest XXI - Can I Get Some Booze From the Crowd?
    Chat Thread
    Voting Thread

    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

  22. - Top - End - #262
    Orc in the Playground
     
    DwarfBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Default Re: Final Fantasy d6 (Complete System)

    Ok a level 1 monk (8+vit)*1+10 for HP. Does a level 2 monk use (8+vit)*2+10 or (16+vit)*2+10?

  23. - Top - End - #263
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Default Re: Final Fantasy d6 (Complete System)

    it's still (8+vit)*2+10. its just your vit and natural job class hp gain added on every level.

  24. - Top - End - #264
    Orc in the Playground
     
    DwarfBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Default Re: Final Fantasy d6 (Complete System)

    Quote Originally Posted by Adell View Post
    it's still (8+vit)*2+10. its just your vit and natural job class hp gain added on every level.
    Thanks. Running an arena type RP along side the story. Seems to be working well and it helps get people used to the system.

  25. - Top - End - #265
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Default Re: Final Fantasy d6 (Complete System)

    Has anyone done/created anything crazy yet in the arena? I want to see how much EVA I can get onto a ninja without freelancing because that is too much confusion. :P
    And also to see how many different buffs I can make throw have. and just make it uberpwn.
    Last edited by Adell; 2010-12-03 at 06:23 PM.

  26. - Top - End - #266
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Temotei's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy d6 (Complete System)

    Quote Originally Posted by Adell View Post
    Has anyone done/created anything crazy yet in the arena? I want to see how much EVA I can get onto a ninja without freelancing because that is too much confusion. :P
    And also to see how many different buffs I can make throw have. and just make it uberpwn.
    Dust said someone came up with a 45 EVA Ranger.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dust View Post
    Mecharious - someone else PMed me a 45 EVA melee Ranger build, too. Is it bad that my initial response is 'Heh, that would be so cool to see in play?' as opposed to 'ZOMG must fix!'
    Last edited by Temotei; 2010-12-04 at 12:12 AM.
    Base Class Contest XXI - Can I Get Some Booze From the Crowd?
    Chat Thread
    Voting Thread

    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

  27. - Top - End - #267
    Orc in the Playground
     
    DwarfBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Default Re: Final Fantasy d6 (Complete System)

    Hm....if you got heavy and heavy arm mk 2 do they stack or does the second cancel out the other? If the stack then 2 Mk2s should......hello 18 strength Android.....it gets worse when the DM replaces it with Cyborg and you play a blue mage with mutation-construct. 1 free mk 2 and the other from your race....then a bunch of other grafts from taking the ability.

    This is level 1. You will have to min max all others stats to 1 or in the case of dex 8 leaving 1 point if your str is 10. So 2 int I guess........my god can someone tell me how good this is if it its legal?



    Wait....no extra grafts. Mutation-Beast for a tier 2 brawl weapon at the start.

  28. - Top - End - #268
    Orc in the Playground
     
    DualShadow's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Where I am.

    Default Re: Final Fantasy d6 (Complete System)

    I was wondering, when a caster cast his spell and roll his 2d6 for his damage or the healing and end up with a double 6, does that trigger a limit break?

    Also, if a dragoon who get his critical range down to 10-12 and roll 10 or 11 does that trigger the limit break or does it really require a double 6?

  29. - Top - End - #269
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dust's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada, Eh!

    Default Re: Final Fantasy d6 (Complete System)

    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    Dust said someone came up with a 45 EVA Ranger.
    Adell, the maximum EVA you could have as a pure ninja without Sunken State is 41. Max your DEX and INT and nothing else, have a Precision weapon that also has the Spell Effect: Vanish property. This build is so neat that it spontaneously caused Chaos to obtain a never-miss attack the first time someone proposed it.

    With an Entertainer and Gambler friend, you could get this up to a ridiculous 56. This is one of the things that will be fixed in the next update of the book.
    Quote Originally Posted by wiimanclassic View Post
    Hm....if you got heavy and heavy arm mk 2 do they stack or does the second cancel out the other? If the stack then 2 Mk2s should......hello 18 strength Android.....it gets worse when the DM replaces it with Cyborg and you play a blue mage with mutation-construct. 1 free mk 2 and the other from your race....then a bunch of other grafts from taking the ability.

    This is level 1. You will have to min max all others stats to 1 or in the case of dex 8 leaving 1 point if your str is 10. So 2 int I guess........my god can someone tell me how good this is if it its legal?

    Wait....no extra grafts. Mutation-Beast for a tier 2 brawl weapon at the start.
    Starting as an Android with two Heavy Arms is entirely legal if you really wanted 14 STR. It allows you to push the cap higher at the cost of your other attributes, as you mentioned. Same thing with the better version of the same item; +8 STR at the cost of -8 DEX.
    The downside, of course, is that enemies can damage both your arms, leaving you basically limbless in combat. While I kind of enjoy the idea of an android monk arguing with a GM that he should be able to use Improbable Weapons with his feet by kicking stuff at his enemies, it's a dangerous double-edged sword for min-maxers. Personally, I think you'd have to be crazy to submit a character to your GM with easily-destroyed robot arms.

    Having a Tier 2 weapon at first level is easy to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by DualShadow View Post
    I was wondering, when a caster cast his spell and roll his 2d6 for his damage or the healing and end up with a double 6, does that trigger a limit break?

    Also, if a dragoon who get his critical range down to 10-12 and roll 10 or 11 does that trigger the limit break or does it really require a double 6?
    Spells don't cause limit breaks. We could have easily written the rules differently, but it was done to be consistent with the games.

    Limit Breaks occur on critical hits when your health is low enough. So Dragoons, Reach-weapon users, and anyone else with a way to increase their critical 'threat range' will probably limit break more often. Offensive casters are less 'bursty' and more reliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    There'll probably be more to critique and talk about once another update comes about.
    I hope a set of balance/typo fixes and general system improvement won't generate more to critique!
    Last edited by Dust; 2010-12-04 at 05:55 PM.

  30. - Top - End - #270
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Mecharious's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010

    Default Re: Final Fantasy d6 (Complete System)

    Update! No wai!

    Anyway, I've been playing a game with my friends, and we're noticing that it's almost never viable to go for a high strength build. Jobs like Dark Knight, Paladin, and (melee) Fighter seem outclassed by jobs that only need to worry about Dex.

    This is because someone like a thief can use their dex for accuracy, evasion, weapon damage, skills, and movement (if using a grid). A Dark Knight can use strength for damage and accuracy, but still needs to consider dex for their evasion. A fighter might as well use ranged weapons since then they can safely dump their strength, and focus on less stats.

    The biggest issue with strength as a stat is that if you can have dex decide your damage, it is entirely useless. Earlier you mentioned it's okay because all classes will have some dump stat, but the problem is, every other stat has a use, even if it's not your main concern.

    Dex: Weapon Damage*, Accuracy, Evasion, Movement, skills.
    Vit: Hit points.
    Int: Number of skill points, MP*, Skills.
    Spr: Resist status effects, skills.
    Str: Weapon Damage*, sometimes Acc.

    (Asterisk means sometimes useful)

    Strength also occasionally comes up for ability usage, and if you want to make disarm attempts (but not avoid them).

    My friends and I decided to make it so weapons damage for ranged weapons and concealed weapons used half strength and dex. We also considered a shared ability that adds your strength rating to your effective dex score for calculating conc/ranged weapons, and a shared ability that added your dex rating to your effective str score for other weapons. (We justify the strength helping ranged guns because it would help prevent recoil... not the best reasoning, but we didn't want guns and bows to be two separate weapons).
    Last edited by Mecharious; 2010-12-04 at 06:52 PM.
    Check out the Final Fantasy d6 System by Dust.
    Tophat imp avatar by Darwin. (Imps are DEVILS not demons)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •