New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 51 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXXIV - "Go Go Power Lanterns!"

Well, that's the second death threat that Q has gotten in the past five minutes.

I'm still in the process of making the comic with the first, of course...
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    Crae is the bestest daddy,
    I make avatars, all you have to do is ask, and I'll do it if I can.
    My Awards
    I've got a Formspring, ask me questions if you want.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXXIV - "Go Go Power Lanterns!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rae Artemi View Post
    Well, that's the second death threat that Q has gotten in the past five minutes.

A real charmer, isn't he?
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #393
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, Ketham didn't threaten Q.

EDIT: I'm kinda surprised nobody brought up the line about how enjoying murder isn't always a bad thing
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2010-12-07 at 11:41 PM.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

4. - Top - End - #394

I'll have to make that a third
    Grlump the Elder, a Lvl. 5 Gnome Barbarian with a penchant for food.

Want an Avatar? ¦ I'm Building a Dalek ¦ Arthur B. Fittlewick: Dinosaur Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Grlump is way cool. That's too few words for how cool I think he is...

5. - Top - End - #395
    Troll in the Playground

I wonder what Q would actually say in this situation.

Either "Is it just me, or does it seem like everybody doesn't like me? " or "Haters gonna hate. "

I can't decide which to actually put in the next comic.
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #396
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by -skimmer- View Post
    ABRCorps:
    Spoiler
    Show

http://i53.tinypic.com/muzj29.gif
    (Linked due it's size, I'll upload smaller version of it later on when compresion button stops breaking my gifs)
    Firstly, EP.IC.NEEEEEES! Nice animation!

Secondly, oh dear. Q has gotten quite an offer, now.

[EDIT] Also, the League HQ isn't left undefended. Only the strongest memebers are out and about on the front lines. Everybody else is guarding the building. But regardless, they probably wouldn't do a very great job stopping Q.
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2010-12-09 at 09:28 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #397

Quote Originally Posted by Green-Shirt Q View Post
    Firstly, EP.IC.NEEEEEES! Nice animation!

Secondly, oh dear. Q has gotten quite an offer, now.
    Glad you like it

[EDIT] Also, the League HQ isn't left undefended. Only the strongest memebers are out and about on the front lines. Everybody else is guarding the building. But regardless, they probably wouldn't do a very great job stopping Q.
    I know that, there's actually a hero in there I have yet to introduce
    Last edited by -skimmer-; 2010-12-09 at 09:38 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #398
    Titan in the Playground

I started this post with the phrase "if i were gay"

Then i realized how creepy the last half was and decided to just say 'good job'

Extended Sig

9. - Top - End - #399
    Orc in the Playground

You guys are totally muscling in on my territory! I'm the one with a non-existant entity telling him to kill things, and I broke into the base!

I drew 2 storyboards about while my computer was down. It's back, by the way.
    Trophy(/ies)
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #400

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    EW:
    Spoiler
    Show
    -snip-

Finally made this!
    Hmm, nice artstyle....I might want to request something from you in the near future
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #401
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXXIV - "Go Go Power Lanterns!"

Hmm, nice artstyle....I might want to request something from you in the near future
    Hurrah! I has praise! Thank you

Now to ruin my reputation with poor art!

And now to get everybody posting, will FI start up again soon? I have a comic in the planning but it's unlikely that I will get to it before January.
    IA, FFFR, FFRPGs and Yuletide/Christmas/Winter solstice/ThankOdinTheWorldIsNotEndingThisYear celebration does not leave much free time in December.

It does leave plenty of gingerbread cookies, though
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Troll in the Playground

And now to get everybody posting, will FI start up again soon? I
    That is a good question. I believe Mad Mask was making a comic (and said he was going to include Green Shirt Q in it, so I didn't want to make another FI incase it interferes with it) but that was a while ago. I may just end up making an FI comic and forgetting all about it.

Looking back, I'm not sure I really like the portrayal of the Qs in FI. I think I'm going to bring them both back to their original mannerisms and personalities through some kind of half-baked handwave or something.

Oh, and when the Christmas break starts, I should be making comics like there's no tomorrow. It's just that this week is pretty homework-heavy, being the last week before school ends.
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2010-12-14 at 12:41 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #403
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXXIV - "Go Go Power Lanterns!"

That is a good question. I believe Mad Mask was making a comic (and said he was going to include Green Shirt Q in it, so I didn't want to make another FI incase it interferes with it) but that was a while ago. I may just end up making an FI comic and forgetting all about it.

Looking back, I'm not sure I really like the portrayal of the Qs in FI. I think I'm going to bring them both back to their original mannerisms and personalities through some kind of half-baked handwave or something.

Oh, and when the Christmas break starts, I should be making comics like there's no tomorrow. It's just that this week is pretty homework-heavy, being the last week before school ends.
    Lucky you, I don't even have Christmas breka until the 23rd

But I have plenty of time to draw random stuff in the breaks so expect a comic sooner or later :D
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

14. - Top - End - #404

And now to get everybody posting, will FI start up again soon? I have a comic in the planning but it's unlikely that I will get to it before January.
    IA, FFFR, FFRPGs and Yuletide/Christmas/Winter solstice/ThankOdinTheWorldIsNotEndingThisYear celebration does not leave much free time in December.
    I have a little FI project in making and grand plans with the setting, so yes. Right now I'm just using the time when nobody makes comics for it to invent a different way to tell it's story and I'm totally not going to let it die....

Actually January would be great time to do FI again and I'm certainly looking forward to it

From what I know, we'll see MM uploading like 12 comics at once when the time comes
    Speaking of which, wasn't there a comic where GSQ talked to Sultan about transport to Merinas? It was deleted, but I still thought GSQ is going to be there somehow

It could be just played differently. I'm not really a fan of gory scenes and unnecessary violence, but I like the idea of an avenger with nothing to lose destined to save the world. Perhaps try to imagine how else a character with such a cool title could behave like in this setting....
    As for RSQ, except that he's no longer that evil plotting jerk I liked so much from the old FFF archive, I don't see many changes here....
    Last edited by -skimmer-; 2010-12-14 at 04:47 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #405
    Troll in the Playground

From what I know, we'll see MM uploading like 12 comics at once when the time comes
    Speaking of which, wasn't there a comic where GSQ talked to Sultan about transport to Merinas? It was deleted, but I still thought GSQ is going to be there somehow
    Uh, yeah. He's coming to Merinas, he's just going with the group instead. In Mad Mask's comic (I'm assuming).

I did make a comic with him getting on the plane, but I took that down due to controversy of the technology level in this bizarre, utterly messed up fantasy setting.

It could be just played differently. I'm not really a fan of gory scenes and unnecessary violence, but I like the idea of an avenger with nothing to lose destined to save the world. Perhaps try to imagine how else a character with such a cool title could behave like in this setting....
    As for RSQ, except that he's no longer that evil plotting jerk I liked so much from the old FFF archive, I don't see many changes here....
    Yeah. I have a lot of fun drawing very gory scenes, but looking back it REALLY doesn't fit Green-shirt Q. I'm thinking I might find some way to change him so that he is STILL "an avenger with nothing to lose destined to save the world", but a heck of a lot more light hearted. I'm not sure how I could even possibly manage to take the character down to that after, well, killing to UNA guys in cold blood by smacking them with one another until the streets ran red with their blood, but I'm sure I'll think of something.

As for Redshirt Q, that's EXACTLY what I'm talking about. Again, I'm not sure how I'd make him manipulative again (what he would be plotting about) but again, I'm sure I'll think of something.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #406
    Titan in the Playground

As for Redshirt Q, that's EXACTLY what I'm talking about. Again, I'm not sure how I'd make him manipulative again (what he would be plotting about) but again, I'm sure I'll think of something.
    Maybe he found out GSQ is stronger when ticked off and tricked him into thinking his wife was dead?

Extended Sig

17. - Top - End - #407
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Maybe he found out GSQ is stronger when ticked off and tricked him into thinking his wife was dead?
    Not a bad idea, but to me it sounds a little "crossing-the-moral-event-horizon"y. Too much so for my taste.
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2010-12-14 at 06:29 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #408
    Titan in the Playground

Not a bad idea, but to me it sounds a little "crossing-the-moral-event-horizon"y. Too much so for my taste.
    There was a new rule up recently that any TVtrops link requires a warning placed next to it saying that it would waste several hours of your life.

Jokes aside...

Split personality, maybe?

Extended Sig

19. - Top - End - #409
    Troll in the Playground

There was a new rule up recently that any TVtrops link requires a warning placed next to it saying that it would waste several hours of your life.

Jokes aside...

Split personality, maybe?
    Eh. Perhaps.

I'm starting to think that maybe I should just keep them as they are, and that other plots like ABR Corps and FFFR is where I'd write the characters normally. It's just easier, I'm thinking.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #410
    Ettin in the Playground

There is a very big master plan in FI for Ins and the HSE side of things, though I'm pretty busy to be carrying it out myself.

21. - Top - End - #411
    Titan in the Playground

My next comic is a fight scene. What is the extent of captain marvel/captain spectacle's powers?

Extended Sig

22. - Top - End - #412

My next comic is a fight scene. What is the extent of captain marvel/captain spectacle's powers?
    Imagine superman, but he can also shoot lightning.

I could be wrong, but from what I've heard, that's pretty much it.
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    My Awards

23. - Top - End - #413
    Troll in the Playground

Imagine superman, but he can also shoot lightning.

I could be wrong, but from what I've heard, that's pretty much it.
    He calls down lightning and uses lightning by shouting(in this version of the character) "Alakazam!" I don't think he has laser eyes or super breath like Superman does, though. Oh, and his powers are fueled by magic and a bunch of gods, which comes up more often for his mainstream counterpart than you might think.

Oh, and FYI, his secret identity is actually a 10 year old kid. You might wanna restrain your character from doing anything too violent.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #414
    Titan in the Playground

He calls down lightning and uses lightning by shouting(in this version of the character) "Alakazam!" I don't think he has laser eyes or super breath like Superman does, though. Oh, and his powers are fueled by magic and a bunch of gods, which comes up more often for his mainstream counterpart than you might think.

Oh, and FYI, his secret identity is actually a 10 year old kid. You might wanna restrain your character from doing anything too violent.
    If he's a ten year old kid why is he superman's size and kicking considerable ass?

EDIT: Also? Ketham's going to do whatever it takes to disable him if he thinks Spectacle's gonna kill somebody.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2010-12-14 at 09:02 PM.

Extended Sig

25. - Top - End - #415
    Troll in the Playground

If he's a ten year old kid why is he superman's size and kicking considerable ass?

EDIT: Also? Ketham's going to do whatever it takes to disable him if he thinks Spectacle's gonna kill somebody.
    Because even though he's a kid, he's been giving the ability to turn into the superhero Captain Marvel by a wizard. So can turn into the adult-sized Captain by saying the magic word, and saying it again to change back into his regular self. Basically he's a kid in a superpowered adult's body. That's why he's so hammy, it's because he is how kids see superheros.

Fair enough if Ketham kills Captain Spectacle. Just remember that he has the maturity, knowledge, and experience of a 10 year old kid. You may, MAY, want to go a little easy on him if you don't want people making the mistake that Ketham is evil.
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2010-12-14 at 09:11 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #416
    Titan in the Playground

Because even though he's a kid, he's been giving the ability to turn into the superhero Captain Marvel by a wizard. So can turn into the adult-sized Captain by saying the magic word, and saying it again to change back into his regular self. Basically he's a kid in a superpowered adult's body. That's why he's so hammy, it's because he is how kids see superheros.

Fair enough if Ketham kills Captain Spectacle. Just remember that he has the maturity, knowledge, and experience of a 10 year old kid. You may, MAY, want to go a little easy on him if you don't want people making the mistake that Ketham is evil.
    Riiiiiiight. Mistake.

>.>

<.<

EDIT: Come on, Q. Everybody already thinks he's evil. Or at least a jerk.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2010-12-14 at 11:13 PM.

Extended Sig

27. - Top - End - #417

Riiiiiiight. Mistake.

>.>

<.<

EDIT: Come on, Q. Everybody already thinks he's evil. Or at least a jerk.
    Yeah, just warning you, if Ketham does kill what amounts to a superpowered ten year old, Rae is going to kill him. Rae will kill him until he is dead.

That is, assuming I can get off my lazy ass and make a comic...
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    My Awards

28. - Top - End - #418
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, just warning you, if Ketham does kill what amounts to a superpowered ten year old, Rae is going to kill him. Rae will kill him until he is dead.

That is, assuming I can get off my lazy ass and make a comic...
    Ketham prefers disabling to death. (see ripped wings) if it comes down to it, he'll kill him. But it won't come down to it.

Also: How, exactly, is Ketham going to know the guy is a ten year old?

I just realized it was irrelevant since he's a mage himself. And i actually already thought of a way it'd be irrelevant beforehand.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2010-12-14 at 11:50 PM.

Extended Sig

29. - Top - End - #419
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Ketham prefers disabling to death. (see ripped wings) if it comes down to it, he'll kill him. But it won't come down to it.

Also: How, exactly, is Ketham going to know the guy is a ten year old?

I just realized it was irrelevant since he's a mage himself. And i actually already thought of a way it'd be irrelevant beforehand.
    You could do the same thing Superman did to him in JLU.

Marvel was holding him up and shouting Shazam! (Magic word!) to zap Supes when Supes switched them, turning him back to Billy (the kid) and just holding a hand over his mouth so he couldn't turn back.

Do a variant of that and everybody will be happy :D

If they're not, I'll send more hammy superheroes at them!
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

30. - Top - End - #420
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well he did manage to get a casino manager/ALF spy into UNA-owned territory. Sounds pretty manipulative to me (or just simple ignorance ).
    I will make the next part of that eventually.

If they're not, I'll send more hammy superheroes at them!
    But how can we get Aquaman into space?
    Not currently taking avatar requests.