New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 51 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXXIV - "Go Go Power Lanterns!"

*Ahem*

Friends, nutballs, people I deeply envy for their skill at art.

I have an important message:

HAPPY NEW YEARS ABR!

That was all.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

2. - Top - End - #542
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXXIV - "Go Go Power Lanterns!"

5 hours early for me =P tee hee
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

3. - Top - End - #543
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXXIV - "Go Go Power Lanterns!"

Thanks

And a happy new year to everyone here as well
    Grlump the Elder, a Lvl. 5 Gnome Barbarian with a penchant for food.

Want an Avatar? ¦ I'm Building a Dalek ¦ Arthur B. Fittlewick: Dinosaur Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Grlump is way cool. That's too few words for how cool I think he is...

4. - Top - End - #544
    Ettin in the Playground

Guten Rutsch!

5. - Top - End - #545
    Orc in the Playground

Hey guys I am back on the boards after a bad case of computer death, you may remember me from ABR comics such as Future Imperfect and that random kill where I disrobed Nameless. How is everyone are you all good?

What happened to Future Imperfect whilst I was gone by the way? There has been next to zero updates.

Also HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
    Waiting for that day, when we all have the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Kris View Post
    I'll never trust you again. Even if we're on the same team. Even if the narrators tell me to.
    Monkeytar by me!/DYF Avatar by Mr Saturn!

6. - Top - End - #546
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fin View Post
    What happened to Future Imperfect whilst I was gone by the way?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fin View Post
    There has been next to zero updates.
    I think you answered that yourself.

Belated happy new years all. Though I wouldn't expect this year to be much better than the last.

@v - Heard it before.
    Last edited by Tiffanie Lirle; 2011-01-01 at 11:45 AM.

7. - Top - End - #547
    Ogre in the Playground

ABR is in its death throes. It might come back one day, or this might be the end of all things.
    Last edited by Mad Mask; 2011-01-01 at 11:42 AM.

8. - Top - End - #548
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post
    ABR is in its death throes. It might come back one day, or this might be the end of all things.

*slap*

Don't say that! Don't even THINK it!

This is just Holiday/new years stuff! Hell i'd make a comic (slowly) right this moment if i had access to inkscape and a mouse!

Extended Sig

9. - Top - End - #549
    Troll in the Playground

I have nothing to make a comic about really. Actually, I still have't done Chris getting his keyblade...
    ____

10. - Top - End - #550
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffanie Lirle View Post
    I think you answered that yourself.
    Haha, I suppose I did. But what I meant was why? Why has there been no updates since I left we were going pretty strong at that point.
    Waiting for that day, when we all have the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Kris View Post
    I'll never trust you again. Even if we're on the same team. Even if the narrators tell me to.
    Monkeytar by me!/DYF Avatar by Mr Saturn!

11. - Top - End - #551

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post
    Really? It looks exactly same to me since I joined....
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #552

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    This is just Holiday/new years stuff! Hell i'd make a comic (slowly) right this moment if i had access to inkscape and a mouse!
    But it was slow because of summer...

Since the almost-death of FFF:R, all's quiet on the Avabaory front.
    Grlump the Elder, a Lvl. 5 Gnome Barbarian with a penchant for food.

Want an Avatar? ¦ I'm Building a Dalek ¦ Arthur B. Fittlewick: Dinosaur Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Grlump is way cool. That's too few words for how cool I think he is...

13. - Top - End - #553
    Banned

hello, please forgive my ignorance but I have not been to this thread before and I am a little confused about how it works and it would be great if someone could explain it to me, is this just a thread for comic artists, how do the comics work (characters and such), is this only for masterful artists... ect.

Thank you, Xelliea

14. - Top - End - #554
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by xelliea View Post
    hello, please forgive my ignorance but I have not been to this thread before and I am a little confused about how it works and it would be great if someone could explain it to me, is this just a thread for comic artists, how do the comics work (characters and such), is this only for masterful artists... ect.

Thank you, Xelliea

There's a comic with a set of rules by Lying at the start of the thread. The basic idea is, avoid controlling other people's characters outside of their design concepts (and if you're not sure if an action is ok, ask the person who created said character)

Join by... well, making a comic. There are currently 3 plots, all in a state of hiatus and/or death.

FFFR: Fat Fish Fury Reboot. Set in Avbaroy. Basically an AU of the first FFF plot, if i understand it correctly. Collect the five magic macguffin keys to find the macguffin and the evil guys will triumph or the good guys will keep the talisman from being used. Fairly silly, mostly dead.

FI: Future Imperfect. Continuation of FFF. A dystopian future ruled by what is, basically, the UN. Darker, serious. Direct Questions to Mad Mask

ABRCorps: Basically, give the ABRers lantern rings from the green lantern comics and see what happens. Created by Green Shirted Q.

Extended Sig

15. - Top - End - #555
    Ogre in the Playground

Well basically, there are several different plot-lines to choose from. Some are more serious and others more lighthearted, each of course has it's own unique theme/setting and rules. Once you've decided on where you wanna go, you make your character(s) and integrate them into said plot(s) via comics.

Alternatively, you can draw random kills. Which are basically one-shot fight scenes/kills with/of other Abr members. No reason you can't do both comics and random kills if you're a go-getter though.

As for art, you don't have to be great, or even mediocre. As long as people can tell what's going on in your comics. And they make sense plotwise, it's fine.

16. - Top - End - #556
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXXIV - "Go Go Power Lanterns!"

Thank you, Xelliea
    This is the discussion thread for Avatar Battle Royale, which has little to do with that name these days.
    Everybody have the characters they make for the plot they want them in and make comis doing stuff that other people respond to with their own comics, like an RPG but with comics! O_O
    We accept all artists who can draw well enough for it to make sense, which is hopefully not too bad a quota.
    Just start making characters and post a comic in the Art thread with the name of the plot on the top and try not to god-mod and you're good

Or you can start with a random kill, which is just your characters attacking another person's character outside of the plots.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

17. - Top - End - #557

/\ DAMN YOU NINJAS!

Thank you, Xelliea
    ABR has two threads. One where we put all of our glorious artwork, and this one which we frequently pollute with a lot of meaningless banter....

How this works? We have numerous plots, usually set in the alternative timelines of the world of Avbaroy. Each artist is a story teller at the same time and owns a character(usually it's their avatar, thus Avatar battle royale) or characters and use them to advance the plot by making comics. It's really that simple....

To join the first thread, all you need to do is make an amusing comic of your choice and you're in. Art quality doesn't really matter as long as we can tell what's going on, you're going to improve after a while anyway
    Just don't godmod, nobody likes godmoding....unless it's the good and amusing kind of godmoding, but that rarely occurs....

Visit our ABRwiki if you want to know more, or just ask here....
    Last edited by -skimmer-; 2011-01-01 at 06:11 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #558
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by skimmer
    Visit our ABRwiki if you want to know more, or just ask here.
    Orrrr, you could join the Abr Irc channel and skip this whole posting nonsense all together

19. - Top - End - #559
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    This is the discussion thread for Avatar Battle Royale, which has little to do with that name these days.
    Everybody have the characters they make for the plot they want them in and make comis doing stuff that other people respond to with their own comics, like an RPG but with comics! O_O
    We accept all artists who can draw well enough for it to make sense, which is hopefully not too bad a quota.
    Just start making characters and post a comic in the Art thread with the name of the plot on the top and try not to god-mod and you're good

Or you can start with a random kill, which is just your characters attacking another person's character outside of the plots.
    Ah well my OOTS art ability is bad at best so I guess this isn't the thread for me, the best I can offer is to say anyone can use my name if they wish if they are running out of names for characters, thanks alot anyway.

20. - Top - End - #560
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah well my OOTS art ability is bad at best so I guess this isn't the thread for me, the best I can offer is to say anyone can use my name if they wish if they are running out of names for characters, thanks alot anyway.
    No seriously, we have very low standards around here. You should of seen what these people were drawing when they started. Terrible. Absolutely terrible.

Give it a shot before you call quits I say.

@V - We have had plenty of flame wars in the IRC. Most of them were my doing. Doesn't make it less fun to hang out though
    Last edited by Tiffanie Lirle; 2011-01-01 at 06:26 PM.

21. - Top - End - #561
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffanie Lirle View Post
    blech IRCs. They feel like a flame war just waiting to happen.

Extended Sig

22. - Top - End - #562
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Join by... well, making a comic. There are currently 3 plots, all in a state of hiatus and/or death.

ABRCorps: Basically, give the ABRers lantern rings from the green lantern comics and see what happens. Created by Green Shirted Q.
    Oi! ABR Corps aint dead! Comics are still being made for it I think!
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #563
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Green-Shirt Q View Post
    Hiatus.

I included the phrase. HIATUS.

IE, A PAUSE.

Extended Sig

24. - Top - End - #564
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Green-Shirt Q View Post
    I'm making an FFF:R comic as we post, so there!

But then I'll be too busy with IA and FFRPG to make one quickly

So make comics people! We needs them! >:3
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

25. - Top - End - #565
    Titan in the Playground

Turns out i'm NOT disconnecting because of lock.

My connection just sucks ASS

Extended Sig

26. - Top - End - #566
    Troll in the Playground

Chris WILL seduce Nitrine or die trying.
    ____

27. - Top - End - #567
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonAngel View Post
    Chris WILL seduce Nitrine or die trying.
    That gives me an idea for an FFFR comic that is only slightly more ridiculous than what i'd previously come up with.

Perfect! =D I gotta pm myself with this... and wait for Chris' next flirtation attempt.

Extended Sig

28. - Top - End - #568

Does Chris have to die in every FFF?
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #569
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by -skimmer- View Post
    Does Chris have to die in every FFF?
    He's an angel, it's not like he'll die permanently.

Extended Sig

30. - Top - End - #570
    Ettin in the Playground

Technically he's already dead.

By some metrics he was never actually alive either.