Page 22 of 51 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast
Results 631 to 660 of 1505
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Green-Shirt Q's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Canada, okay?! Yeeesh.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXXIV - "Go Go Power Lanterns!"

    Friends! Check out my new mini-fancomic!

    Also, how about Avatar Battle Civil Waroyale?
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2011-01-13 at 08:06 PM.
    AVATAR BATTLE ROYALE!
    Spoiler
    Show

  2. - Top - End - #632
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    HalfTangible's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Hodra
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXXIV - "Go Go Power Lanterns!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Green-Shirt Q View Post
    Friends! Check out my new mini-fancomic!

    Also, how about Avatar Battle Civil Waroyale?
    Try pronouncing it and then tell me it's a good idea =P
    To whom it may concern:

    Due to a massive pile-up of schoolwork I should've had done a month ago, I will be taking a temporary leave of absence from the boards. I'll occasionally check in (on roleplays in particular) but for the next two to three weeks I'm not going to be posting as much as usual. I apologize if this holds anyone up in anything, and hope to return soon.

    -HalfTangible (4/19/2014)

  3. - Top - End - #633
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Green-Shirt Q's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Canada, okay?! Yeeesh.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXXIV - "Go Go Power Lanterns!"

    Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Try pronouncing it and then tell me it's a good idea =P
    I find it quite easy to pronounce.

    If it's too long, then perhaps ABCWR?
    AVATAR BATTLE ROYALE!
    Spoiler
    Show

  4. - Top - End - #634
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Lyinginbedmon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Darlington, Co. Durham
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXXIV - "Go Go Power Lanterns!"

    Mask, I presume the previous arrangements for the UNA final plan are the same in this revision?

    The one involving a very specific visitor?


  5. - Top - End - #635
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Rae Artemi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXXIV - "Go Go Power Lanterns!"

    Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Wait.

    Are YOU on the airship?
    Yes, Rae is on the airship, but Maxios was talking about meeting him in ABRCorps.

    The joke was that a future version of Rae knows (or knew, because he's dead now) Maxios in the Nexus, but has no memory of it. It also helps that, in character, Maxios has a reputation of being so ridiculously incompetent that it's dangerous.

    And now I've explained the joke, whoops.
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show



    [/URL]
    Crae is the bestest daddy,
    I make avatars, all you have to do is ask, and I'll do it if I can.
    My Awards
    I've got a Formspring, ask me questions if you want.

  6. - Top - End - #636
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Mad Mask's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Westmount

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXXIV - "Go Go Power Lanterns!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Lyinginbedmon View Post
    Mask, I presume the previous arrangements for the UNA final plan are the same in this revision?

    The one involving a very specific visitor?

    Indeed. I am not going to let these carefully laid plans to rot, especially since they have barely been hinted at. The New FI is the same, except improved, simplified and streamlined. The details differ but the broader picture is still the same.

    I'm thinking of a new origin story for Ins. "A chicken did it" is not the most worthy backstory of a magnificent bastard of his scale.

  7. - Top - End - #637
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Lyinginbedmon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Darlington, Co. Durham
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXXIV - "Go Go Power Lanterns!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post
    Indeed. I am not going to let these carefully laid plans to rot, especially since they have barely been hinted at. The New FI is the same, except improved, simplified and streamlined. The details differ but the broader picture is still the same.

    I'm thinking of a new origin story for Ins. "A chicken did it" is not the most worthy backstory of a magnificent bastard of his scale.
    He can say what he likes but the archive says otherwise

  8. - Top - End - #638
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    HalfTangible's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Hodra
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXXIV - "Go Go Power Lanterns!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Lyinginbedmon View Post
    He can say what he likes but the archive says otherwise
    Never let what actually happened get in the way of telling a good story, Mr.Bedmon

    (get it? Lying N. Bedmon!)

    ...

    (shut up.)
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2011-01-14 at 01:31 AM.
    To whom it may concern:

    Due to a massive pile-up of schoolwork I should've had done a month ago, I will be taking a temporary leave of absence from the boards. I'll occasionally check in (on roleplays in particular) but for the next two to three weeks I'm not going to be posting as much as usual. I apologize if this holds anyone up in anything, and hope to return soon.

    -HalfTangible (4/19/2014)

  9. - Top - End - #639
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    -skimmer-'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Alpha Complex
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXXIV - "Go Go Power Lanterns!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post
    After a conversation over Skype with Keveak, I'm making this official: I'm planning a reboot of Future Imperfect.

    From what I can see, the current version is a bloated, overcomplicated plot with almost no aim in sight, and would be hard to fix it in the state it is. This is probably the main reason for its unfortunate fall into inactivity.

    The new version of FI I am envisioning would still involve the Ins and Igon Minoblendy, the Sovice, the UNA and the ALF ; it will be far closer to the original continuity than FFF:R. I have currently thought of the following changes:
    • The UNA is a lot smaller, more recent, and less powerful. The ALF is now a meaningful threat.
    • The UNA is more morally ambiguous, as to make a struggle against it more reasonable.
    • The setting itself is smaller. The action will primarily take place in Pericle Island (Blauport, principally), Schizotec, and Tajira. This means less travel time and no "Green-Shirted Q speed problem", and less isolated characters.
    • Fantastic elements play a larger part. Monsters and wizards may appear more frequently, although the latter will generally not be as powerful.
    • This iteration should hopefully be far less restrictive, though more akin to a cool action movie than Pineapple Cheese Cereal Invasion!
    • There should be clear, accomplishable sub-goals ensuring that everyone has a clear grasp on the story, and can contribute easily.


    Any opinions on this proposition?
    ok it was expected, I guess I should have been more active....
    So when can we expect intro? ($m=number of days from today; 0<=$m<=10)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post
    Something close to FI or FFF would be nice. But I believe we should disassociate it from the "Future" part. It's not really a sequel.

    I've thought of A Flight of Fish, which sounds nice and establishes a connection to FFF without being too close to it.
    Not a sequel? Why? FFF archive remains canon, right?

    I would just call it FI like before, no need for name change....then again, I don't care about it's name that much....
    Spoiler
    Show


  10. - Top - End - #640
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Keveak's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Where we lay our scene
    Gender
    Male2Female

    smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXXIV - "Go Go Power Lanterns!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post
    After a conversation over Skype with Keveak, I'm making this official: I'm planning a reboot of Future Imperfect.

    From what I can see, the current version is a bloated, overcomplicated plot with almost no aim in sight, and would be hard to fix it in the state it is. This is probably the main reason for its unfortunate fall into inactivity.

    The new version of FI I am envisioning would still involve the Ins and Igon Minoblendy, the Sovice, the UNA and the ALF ; it will be far closer to the original continuity than FFF:R. I have currently thought of the following changes:
    • The UNA is a lot smaller, more recent, and less powerful. The ALF is now a meaningful threat.
    • The UNA is more morally ambiguous, as to make a struggle against it more reasonable.
    • The setting itself is smaller. The action will primarily take place in Pericle Island (Blauport, principally), Schizotec, and Tajira. This means less travel time and no "Green-Shirted Q speed problem", and less isolated characters.
    • Fantastic elements play a larger part. Monsters and wizards may appear more frequently, although the latter will generally not be as powerful.
    • This iteration should hopefully be far less restrictive, though more akin to a cool action movie than Pineapple Cheese Cereal Invasion!
    • There should be clear, accomplishable sub-goals ensuring that everyone has a clear grasp on the story, and can contribute easily.


    Any opinions on this proposition?
    Yay! I was helpful!

    Now back to designing super-heroes and kobold samurai for me.

    *Scurries back to not doing homework*
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

    Emphatic shirts.

    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

    At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

    An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

    Avatar by me.

  11. - Top - End - #641
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Lyinginbedmon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Darlington, Co. Durham
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXXIV - "Go Go Power Lanterns!"

    I'm also in favour of keeping the old name. I don't see much reason to change and, if necessary, I could provide a comic to explain reverting back in-story.

  12. - Top - End - #642
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Maxios's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Starbase Janus
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXXIV - "Go Go Power Lanterns!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Rae Artemi View Post
    Yes, Rae is on the airship, but Maxios was talking about meeting him in ABRCorps.

    The joke was that a future version of Rae knows (or knew, because he's dead now) Maxios in the Nexus, but has no memory of it. It also helps that, in character, Maxios has a reputation of being so ridiculously incompetent that it's dangerous.

    And now I've explained the joke, whoops.
    Right. Maxios is very incompotent. And that's his strength.

    Scarily enough, Maxios just got the White Ring in the Nexus, and is the leader of the LANTERN corps there
    Artifical intelligence is no match for natural stupidity
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerd View Post
    Strike me down and I'll clean the floor faster than you can imagine

  13. - Top - End - #643
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Keveak's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Where we lay our scene
    Gender
    Male2Female

    smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXXIV - "Go Go Power Lanterns!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxios View Post
    Right. Maxios is very incompotent. And that's his strength.

    Scarily enough, Maxios just got the White Ring in the Nexus, and is the leader of the LANTERN corps there
    Weren't he the entire corps?

    Joking that nobody gets aside, I have plans of using the Black Lantern version of Steel Guy. Anyone need him for a better idea? I can always find another dead ultra-mega-person.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

    Emphatic shirts.

    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

    At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

    An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

    Avatar by me.

  14. - Top - End - #644
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Maxios's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Starbase Janus
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXXIV - "Go Go Power Lanterns!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Weren't he the entire corps?

    Joking that nobody gets aside, I have plans of using the Black Lantern version of Steel Guy. Anyone need him for a better idea? I can always find another dead ultra-mega-person.
    Nope. At the corps most powerful time, Maxios led: A semi-insane cat, Rae, a Black Lantern, a mutant superhero, and two Red Lanterns.

    Anway, I'm working on my next FFF Reboot Stirp
    Artifical intelligence is no match for natural stupidity
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerd View Post
    Strike me down and I'll clean the floor faster than you can imagine

  15. - Top - End - #645
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Keveak's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Where we lay our scene
    Gender
    Male2Female

    smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXXIV - "Go Go Power Lanterns!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxios View Post
    Nope. At the corps most powerful time, Maxios led: A semi-insane cat, Rae, a Black Lantern, a mutant superhero, and two Red Lanterns.

    Anway, I'm working on my next FFF Reboot Stirp
    While trying to come up with a witty retort I figured out how keveak got the post as leader of the Yellow Lanterns of Avbaroy.

    A staring contest.

    That is now canon, or at least will whenever I can refference it In-Comic.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

    Emphatic shirts.

    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

    At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

    An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

    Avatar by me.

  16. - Top - End - #646
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Maxios's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Starbase Janus
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXXIV - "Go Go Power Lanterns!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    While trying to come up with a witty retort I figured out how keveak got the post as leader of the Yellow Lanterns of Avbaroy.

    A staring contest.

    That is now canon, or at least will whenever I can refference it In-Comic.
    Indeed.

    The first person to realize what Jacko is, will get an Internet.
    Artifical intelligence is no match for natural stupidity
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerd View Post
    Strike me down and I'll clean the floor faster than you can imagine

  17. - Top - End - #647
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Mad Mask's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Westmount

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXXIV - "Go Go Power Lanterns!"

    Concerning the FI reboot:

    Mind you, unless a consensus says otherwise, I would prefer if this wasn't just "FI restarted". While not as radical as FFF:R, this is not exact same continuity as the original FFF archive, and therefore new people won't have to read 2000 strips before being able to know what's going on. The backstory is accepted in broad strokes, but the details may differ.

    Therefore, if you would like to change some details of your characters' backstory, by all means, do so! The purpose of a reboot is not to feel restricted by the immense weight of previous continuity.
    Last edited by Mad Mask; 2011-01-14 at 04:22 PM.

  18. - Top - End - #648
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Gimliggamer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXXIV - "Go Go Power Lanterns!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxios View Post
    Indeed.

    The first person to realize what Jacko is, will get an Internet.
    Darth Vader His father.

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxios View Post
    Nope. At the corps most powerful time, Maxios led: A semi-insane cat, Rae, a Black Lantern, a mutant superhero, and two Red Lanterns.
    Except none of them listend to him. At all. He was basically a figurehead, and a bad one at that.
    Dolla dolla bill, y'all

  19. - Top - End - #649
    Troll in the Playground
     
    CrimsonAngel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXXIV - "Go Go Power Lanterns!"

    My RK is almost done. It would have been done yesterday but my computer froze for a half hour* because I made a star with 1025 points instead of one with 8.

    *The last half hour I had of the day.
    ____

  20. - Top - End - #650
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Maxios's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Starbase Janus
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXXIV - "Go Go Power Lanterns!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimliggamer View Post
    Darth Vader His father.

    Except none of them listend to him. At all. He was basically a figurehead, and a bad one at that.
    Not even close

    Well the cat listened to him. But a cat is just a cat.
    Last edited by Maxios; 2011-01-14 at 06:44 PM.
    Artifical intelligence is no match for natural stupidity
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerd View Post
    Strike me down and I'll clean the floor faster than you can imagine

  21. - Top - End - #651
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    -skimmer-'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Alpha Complex
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXXIV - "Go Go Power Lanterns!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post
    Concerning the FI reboot:

    Mind you, unless a consensus says otherwise, I would prefer if this wasn't just "FI restarted". While not as radical as FFF:R, this is not exact same continuity as the original FFF archive, and therefore new people won't have to read 2000 strips before being able to know what's going on. The backstory is accepted in broad strokes, but the details may differ.

    Therefore, if you would like to change some details of your characters' backstory, by all means, do so! The purpose of a reboot is not to feel restricted by the immense weight of previous continuity.
    Uh, I don't really think the huge archive was ever an issue as reading through it was never a requirement to join us and it doesn't seem like the characters who already participated in FFF are going to experience many backstory changes, if any at all....so unless somebody is going to radically rewrite his existing character, it seems kinda pointless to not treat this new FI as sequel to FFF....
    Last edited by -skimmer-; 2011-01-14 at 06:52 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show


  22. - Top - End - #652
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Mad Mask's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Westmount

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXXIV - "Go Go Power Lanterns!"

    Quote Originally Posted by -skimmer- View Post
    Uh, I don't really think the huge archive was ever an issue as reading through it was never a requirement to join us and it doesn't seem like the characters who already participated in FFF are going to experience many backstory changes, if any at all....so unless somebody is going to radically rewrite his existing character, it seems kinda pointless to not treat this new FI as sequel to FFF....
    It's a reboot, not a restart. The setting will be (slightly) different from Original FI. I don't see a problem with declaring the events of FFF to be broad strokes. It only gives us more freedom. It will be less restrictive as people won't have to respect every little detail of the original continuity.

  23. - Top - End - #653
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    -skimmer-'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Alpha Complex
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXXIV - "Go Go Power Lanterns!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post
    It's a reboot, not a restart. The setting will be (slightly) different from Original FI. I don't see a problem with declaring the events of FFF to be broad strokes. It only gives us more freedom. It will be less restrictive as people won't have to respect every little detail of the original continuity.
    I don't see a problem with it either, I'm just saying it's kinda pointless as there were no real restrictions in the first place....I mean, it's not like I have ever respected every little detail of the original continuity
    Spoiler
    Show


  24. - Top - End - #654
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Mad Mask's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Westmount

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXXIV - "Go Go Power Lanterns!"

    Quote Originally Posted by -skimmer- View Post
    I don't see a problem with it either, I'm just saying it's kinda pointless as there were no real restrictions in the first place....I mean, it's not like I have ever respected every little detail of the original continuity
    Now you can do so without creating any plot-holes.

    It's not pointless, as it allows us to change a few things about the setting without creating an uproar. Moving FI to a different continuity maintains the canon of FFF, and I believe streamlining FI's origins would do more good than bad. What if Ins having a different origin than A Chicken Did It made for a better, more understandable story?

  25. - Top - End - #655
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Lyinginbedmon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Darlington, Co. Durham
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXXIV - "Go Go Power Lanterns!"

    "Clone body of Lyinginbedmon possessed by a Sovice intelligence" seems simple enough to me.

  26. - Top - End - #656
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Green-Shirt Q's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Canada, okay?! Yeeesh.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXXIV - "Go Go Power Lanterns!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Lyinginbedmon View Post
    "Clone body of Lyinginbedmon possessed by a Sovice intelligence" seems simple enough to me.
    Yeah Mask. What's all this about chickens?
    AVATAR BATTLE ROYALE!
    Spoiler
    Show

  27. - Top - End - #657
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    -skimmer-'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Alpha Complex
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXXIV - "Go Go Power Lanterns!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Lyinginbedmon View Post
    "Clone body of Lyinginbedmon possessed by a Sovice intelligence" seems simple enough to me.
    I second that....

    Quote Originally Posted by Green-Shirt Q View Post
    Yeah Mask. What's all this about chickens?
    Ins as we know him was created when a certain immortal chicken casted ressurection spell on Lyings corpse(which would later turn out to be just one of his numerous clones), which happened shortly after Lying blew up sovices and himself with Exafts in the fortress of Vengeance....

    I guess you may find that event among the first 100 comics of the FFF archive....

    Edit:
    There we go....
    Last edited by -skimmer-; 2011-01-15 at 10:16 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show


  28. - Top - End - #658
    Troll in the Playground
     
    CrimsonAngel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXXIV - "Go Go Power Lanterns!"

    Chris will be alive, then.
    ____

  29. - Top - End - #659
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    -skimmer-'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Alpha Complex
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXXIV - "Go Go Power Lanterns!"

    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonAngel View Post
    Chris will be alive, then.
    He is an angel....he would just respawn again for FI if you wanted him to
    Spoiler
    Show


  30. - Top - End - #660
    Troll in the Playground
     
    CrimsonAngel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXXIV - "Go Go Power Lanterns!"

    Shhh, don't tell the others.
    ____

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •