New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 51 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXXIV - "Go Go Power Lanterns!"

No, no, make it big and poofy. Like lying's.
    ____

2. - Top - End - #692
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXXIV - "Go Go Power Lanterns!"

Lying has two pony tails, actually. One on each side.

3. - Top - End - #693
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post
    Lying has two pony tails, actually. One on each side.
    ... IRL Lying or ABR Lying? Cuz the latter only has one.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

4. - Top - End - #694
    Troll in the Playground

He has pigtails now?
    ____

5. - Top - End - #695
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    ... IRL Lying or ABR Lying? Cuz the latter only has one.
    ABR Lying. From the evidence I have garnered, there are two possibilities explaining the fact that his ponytail seems to be both on the right side and the left side of his head:

• He has two ponytails.
    • Lying keeps rapidly swiging his head from side to side, and each panel of a comic he's featured in represents a capture of a moment where the hair has swung to just the perfect side.

The second option is a bit complicated; going with Occam's razor, the most logical possibility is the first.

6. - Top - End - #696
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post
    ABR Lying. From the evidence I have garnered, there are two possibilities explaining the fact that his ponytail seems to be both on the right side and the left side of his head:

• He has two ponytails.
    • Lying keeps rapidly swiging his head from side to side, and each panel of a comic he's featured in represents a capture of a moment where the hair has swung to just the perfect side.

The second option is a bit complicated; going with Occam's razor, the most logical possibility is the first.
    Occam clearly never sharpened his razor. We have seen shots of lying from the back, he only has one ponytail.

Extended Sig

7. - Top - End - #697
    Ogre in the Playground

Occam clearly never sharpened his razor. We have seen shots of lying from the back, he only has one ponytail.
    Your superior reasoning has destroyed my argument. You win this boredom-fuelled debate.
    Last edited by Mad Mask; 2011-01-21 at 09:42 PM.

8. - Top - End - #698
    Bugbear in the Playground

...I envy you people with your superior artistic skills and your time on your hands...

I want to make a comic, but again Real Life means I'm never on my computer long enough to make one...

And I actually think that Lying's ponytail is a real pony tied to the back of his head which looks EXACTLY THE SAME as normal hair...
    Grlump the Elder, a Lvl. 5 Gnome Barbarian with a penchant for food.

Want an Avatar? ¦ I'm Building a Dalek ¦ Arthur B. Fittlewick: Dinosaur Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Grlump is way cool. That's too few words for how cool I think he is...

9. - Top - End - #699
    Ettin in the Playground

More importantly Mask, your argument for the ponytail only being visible from one side of his head requires that there be something preventing it from being centred on his back.

Generally speaking, he wears plain blue robes with no hood, which naturally allows the ponytail to rest central and thereby be visible from both sides.

10. - Top - End - #700
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lyinginbedmon View Post
    More importantly Mask, your argument for the ponytail only being visible from one side of his head requires that there be something preventing it from being centred on his back.

Generally speaking, he wears plain blue robes with no hood, which naturally allows the ponytail to rest central and thereby be visible from both sides.
    *looks at your avatar*

*looks at latest remember page*

*looks at page right before that*

Last edited by HalfTangible; 2011-01-21 at 09:55 PM.

Extended Sig

11. - Top - End - #701
    Troll in the Playground

I had a paragraph written but spell checking it deleted it...

Basically, Mask is funny, I used to dislike him, now I don't, etc.
    ____

12. - Top - End - #702
    Titan in the Playground

Lying, what tool did you use to cut the eyeholes? Clips and exclusions are being a pain =/

Extended Sig

13. - Top - End - #703
    Troll in the Playground

Clip the eyes at seperate times or use a fill and two holes to block the fill from covering the eyes.
    ____

14. - Top - End - #704
    Ettin in the Playground

Lying, what tool did you use to cut the eyeholes? Clips and exclusions are being a pain =/
    I just used a path shape over the top of the face and then Ctrl + "-" to remove the area the shape made on the face (Make sure the shape to cut out is ABOVE the shape being cut into). If that fails, split two nodes nearby into 4, and then use the new 2-node line to create the eyeholes, rejoining the original nodes together.

Really you can start with any simple shape and then alter it in the face to make the eye holes, but it doesn't hurt to just cut the eye hole shape itself in the first place.

And I said generally, it's only very recently he's taken to wearing those blue hooded robes, and it's only rarely in his lifespan that he actually does even that (Notice he wore the plain blue robes throughout Book 3 and wears them again through most of FFF).
    Last edited by Lyinginbedmon; 2011-01-21 at 10:23 PM.

15. - Top - End - #705
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonAngel View Post
    Clip the eyes at seperate times or use a fill and two holes to block the fill from covering the eyes.
    'Clipping it leaves only the section i'm trying to clip away. THAT'S why it's being a pain. Even if i only do one -_-

Extended Sig

16. - Top - End - #706
    Troll in the Playground

Try another one. Maybe difference.
    ____

17. - Top - End - #707
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lyinginbedmon View Post
    I just used a path shape over the top of the face and then Ctrl + "-" to remove the area the shape made on the face (Make sure the shape to cut out is ABOVE the shape being cut into). If that fails, split two nodes nearby into 4, and then use the new 2-node line to create the eyeholes, rejoining the original nodes together.

Really you can start with any simple shape and then alter it in the face to make the eye holes, but it doesn't hurt to just cut the eye hole shape itself in the first place.

And I said generally, it's only very recently he's taken to wearing those blue hooded robes, and it's only rarely in his lifespan that he actually does even that (Notice he wore the plain blue robes throughout Book 3 and wears them again through most of FFF).
    I was messin with ya i get it

EDIT: No matter how i made the holes, the resulting eyes made the character look like some creepy stalker from a horror movie (the one with the meat cleaver covered in blood that it is heavily implied is his own) in part due to limitations in Inkscape's own software. So i dropped that method. Thanks for the help though Lying. i'll try something else.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2011-01-23 at 02:00 AM.

Extended Sig

18. - Top - End - #708
    Ogre in the Playground

I had a really weird dream tonight in which Rich Burlew personally took revenge on me on Master Ranger's behalf, by including a number of background-less and extremely badly drawn and written panels in the latest OOTS strip.

19. - Top - End - #709
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Threeshades View Post
    I had a really weird dream tonight in which Rich Burlew personally took revenge on me on Master Ranger's behalf, by including a number of background-less and extremely badly drawn and written panels in the latest OOTS strip.
    lol, nice.
    Nageto004: your residential paranormal exterminator.

I can make you an avi.

IA AWARDS
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Im a True Neutral Human Wizard (1st Level)

Ability Scores:
    Strength- 10
    Dexterity- 15
    Constitution- 10
    Intelligence- 14
    Wisdom- 13
    Charisma- 10

Quote Originally Posted by Deca View Post
    Wow...Epic Ninjaing. Thanks Nageto! And by ninja'ing, I mean me failing a Spot check and somehow not seeing a post that had been there for quarter of an hour.

20. - Top - End - #710
    Titan in the Playground

I had a dream where my phone went off six times before 5:30am. Then i realized it wasn't a dream.

Extended Sig

21. - Top - End - #711
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Threeshades View Post
    I think everybody has dreams like that.

I once had a dream a long time ago where Rich Burlew personally contacted me and told me I was a horrible person and that I should just leave his website forever. I can't really remember anything else about the situation, except I think I did do something in the dream that made me deserve that. I can't remember what, though.

I had a dream where my phone went off six times before 5:30am. Then i realized it wasn't a dream.
    Me too. Except at 7:00 when I wake up to go to school. And it actually was a dream.
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2011-01-24 at 03:23 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #712
    Ogre in the Playground

So I've uh... been considering joining you guys, because if I'm going to be procrastinating all the time, I might as well be making pretty things at the same time, yeah? And I don't have the attention span to make a comic of my own.

But it's all very confusing here and I don't know what to do and even though I read the first few pages of this thread and the other they weren't very helpful and I'm still confused and ARGHSGLADFASD.
    Help a poor devil out?
    *hides inna corner*
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2011-01-26 at 08:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

23. - Top - End - #713

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kris View Post
    So I've uh... been considering joining you guys, because if I'm going to be procrastinating all the time, I might as well be making pretty things at the same time, yeah? And I don't have the attention span to make a comic of my own.

But it's all very confusing here and I don't know what to do and even though I read the first few pages of this thread and the other they weren't very helpful and I'm still confused and ARGHSGLADFASD.
    Help a poor devil out?
    *hides inna corner*

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by xelliea View Post
    hello, please forgive my ignorance but I have not been to this thread before and I am a little confused about how it works and it would be great if someone could explain it to me, is this just a thread for comic artists, how do the comics work (characters and such), is this only for masterful artists... ect.

Thank you, Xelliea
    There's a comic with a set of rules by Lying at the start of the thread. The basic idea is, avoid controlling other people's characters outside of their design concepts (and if you're not sure if an action is ok, ask the person who created said character)

Join by... well, making a comic. There are currently 3 plots, all in a state of hiatus and/or death.

FFFR: Fat Fish Fury Reboot. Set in Avbaroy. Basically an AU of the first FFF plot, if i understand it correctly. Collect the five magic macguffin keys to find the macguffin and the evil guys will triumph or the good guys will keep the talisman from being used. Fairly silly, mostly dead.

FI: Future Imperfect. Continuation of FFF. A dystopian future ruled by what is, basically, the UN. Darker, serious. Direct Questions to Mad Mask

ABRCorps: Basically, give the ABRers lantern rings from the green lantern comics and see what happens. Created by Green Shirted Q.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffanie Lirle View Post
    Well basically, there are several different plot-lines to choose from. Some are more serious and others more lighthearted, each of course has it's own unique theme/setting and rules. Once you've decided on where you wanna go, you make your character(s) and integrate them into said plot(s) via comics.

Alternatively, you can draw random kills. Which are basically one-shot fight scenes/kills with/of other Abr members. No reason you can't do both comics and random kills if you're a go-getter though.

As for art, you don't have to be great, or even mediocre. As long as people can tell what's going on in your comics. And they make sense plotwise, it's fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    This is the discussion thread for Avatar Battle Royale, which has little to do with that name these days.
    Everybody have the characters they make for the plot they want them in and make comis doing stuff that other people respond to with their own comics, like an RPG but with comics! O_O
    We accept all artists who can draw well enough for it to make sense, which is hopefully not too bad a quota.
    Just start making characters and post a comic in the Art thread with the name of the plot on the top and try not to god-mod and you're good

Or you can start with a random kill, which is just your characters attacking another person's character outside of the plots.
    Quote Originally Posted by -skimmer- View Post
    /\ DAMN YOU NINJAS!

ABR has two threads. One where we put all of our glorious artwork, and this one which we frequently pollute with a lot of meaningless banter....

How this works? We have numerous plots, usually set in the alternative timelines of the world of Avbaroy. Each artist is a story teller at the same time and owns a character(usually it's their avatar, thus Avatar battle royale) or characters and use them to advance the plot by making comics. It's really that simple....

To join the first thread, all you need to do is make an amusing comic of your choice and you're in. Art quality doesn't really matter as long as we can tell what's going on, you're going to improve after a while anyway
    Just don't godmod, nobody likes godmoding....unless it's the good and amusing kind of godmoding, but that rarely occurs....

Visit our ABRwiki if you want to know more, or just ask here....

Pretty much reposted from a week ago, feel free to ask if you need anything else
    Last edited by -skimmer-; 2011-01-26 at 08:19 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #714
    Titan in the Playground

what the kitsune said =P

Extended Sig

25. - Top - End - #715
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey guys!
    Thought I'd drop in and say hello ^.^
    Should be coming back to GiantITP and ABR very soon (my swedish boyfriend is going home tomorrow).
    Also I'm heading to London tomorrow! =O
    To go to the Gender Identity clinic and get my Gender Reasignment underway! ^^.

Anyway hope Y'all doing well and expect some Fay comics in Febuary as well as a continuation of Dawn of Yesterday and my all new Semi-Interactive-Story-Comic-Hybrid. :3

Love ya all!
    I'm technically but I refuse to admit it!
    Dawn of Yesterday (Resuming now!)
    Currently Developing the "PASSIVE™" RPG system
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Deth Muncher View Post
    +1 to Fay being awesome, causing nosebleeds and etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    If Fay Graydon is visible to a male target, she deals d6 Nosebleed Damage per turn.
    I'm an Artist!, If you want an Avatar just PM me your specifics - Avatar by Me!

26. - Top - End - #716

Quote Originally Posted by Fay Graydon View Post
    Hey guys!
    Thought I'd drop in and say hello ^.^
    Should be coming back to GiantITP and ABR very soon (my swedish boyfriend is going home tomorrow).

Anyway hope Y'all doing well and expect some Fay comics in Febuary as well as a continuation of Dawn of Yesterday and my all new Semi-Interactive-Story-Comic-Hybrid. :3

Love ya all!
    Who are you?
    Just kidding, come to IRC sometime again =D
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #717
    Titan in the Playground

Ok, i've heard of Gender Identity, but... Reassignment? Are you going to buy brain soap*?

*The writer of this joke was immediately arrested and jailed for making something so thrice-danged awful.

Extended Sig

28. - Top - End - #718
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fay Graydon View Post
    I hope it goes well.
    Nageto004: your residential paranormal exterminator.

I can make you an avi.

IA AWARDS
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Im a True Neutral Human Wizard (1st Level)

Ability Scores:
    Strength- 10
    Dexterity- 15
    Constitution- 10
    Intelligence- 14
    Wisdom- 13
    Charisma- 10

Quote Originally Posted by Deca View Post
    Wow...Epic Ninjaing. Thanks Nageto! And by ninja'ing, I mean me failing a Spot check and somehow not seeing a post that had been there for quarter of an hour.

29. - Top - End - #719
    Troll in the Playground

Ok, i've heard of Gender Identity, but... Reassignment? Are you going to buy brain soap*?

*The writer of this joke was immediately arrested and jailed for making something so thrice-danged awful.
    *smack* That was a horrible joke.

So bad it deserved bolding, underlining, AND italics.
    ____

30. - Top - End - #720
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonAngel View Post
    *smack* That was a horrible joke.
    Quoth the Raven.....

Is your guy ever going to respond to my guy pulling out his weapons?
    Dolla dolla bill, y'all